|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pammy bring when she comes for a visit?
2. What does Anne consider Sam's presence in her life to be?
3. What is Anne trying to avoid with her coping mechanism?
4. What is Pammy's frame of mind?
5. What lesson could Anne learn from Pammy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain what Anne means by this statement: "There's so much joy and pain and love and wonder in my chest and behind my eyes." What is she talking about?
Essay Topic 2
What is Anne's purpose in keeping the diary about Sam's first year of life? Who is the diary written for--Anne or Sam? Is this an unusual practice or something quite natural to a writer like Anne? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
In addition to emotional woes, Anne is also troubled by financial problems. What is Anne's employment situation? What is her state of mind and ability to improve her situation? How does Anne ultimately find the finances she needs? Explain.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)