|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pammy manage relatively easily?
2. Anne recalls that her brother had to write a school report on what subject?
3. What is Anne's state of mind in Part 11?
4. What does Pammy spend a lot of time doing lately?
5. Why does Anne stop seeing a man she had been attracted to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Explain Pammy's role in Anne's life. What is the nature of their friendship? Which one is more nurturing in the relationship? How does the relationship alter, if at all, with the diagnosis of Pammy's breast cancer?
Essay Topic 2Explain what Anne means by this statement: "I feel that he has completely ruined my life, because I just didn't used to care all that much." Who and what is she talking about?
Essay Topic 3Explain the origins of the title of the book: Operating Instructions. Does Anne want the reader to think that it is a book about caring for a newborn? Or does she want the reader to dig a little deeper for a more personal meaning? The phrase "waiting for operating instructions" occurs in at least two situations in the book. Define them and determine Anne's meaning for the book's title.
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)