Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the diary entry reveal?
2. Why does Anne primarily want a husband?
3. What is Anne given immediately after being admitted?
4. What is Anne's greatest fear about having a boy?
5. To what does Anne compare her current life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Anne regularly take Sam?
2. On Sam's birthday, what does Anne recall about the day he was born?
3. Describe Anne's experience prior to going into labor and delivering her baby.
4. What toll is Pammy's illness taking on Anne in Part 12?
5. What does Anne recall about her own seventh and eighth grade experiences that she finds the prospect of Sam's living through them so daunting?
6. Describe the photo collage of elements that Anne considers to be her family.
7. Explain Anne's belief in God and her faith that He will provide for her and Sam.
8. What is the devastating news learned about Pammy and what does Anne do to cope?
9. Explain the emotional complications surrounding the legal motions initiated by Sam's father.
10. What startling event occurs when Anne and Sam are sleeping?
Essay Topic 1
Explain Anne's feelings about becoming a mother. How are her positive feelings tempered by the fact that she will be a single parent?
Essay Topic 2
Even though Anne was not married to Sam's father they did have a relatively strong relationship and it hurt her deeply when he left after the revelation of her pregnancy. Explain the act of abandonment. How does it impact those who are left behind as well as those who leave? Is an abandoned person always expecting to be abandoned again? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
In addition to emotional woes, Anne is also troubled by financial problems. What is Anne's employment situation? What is her state of mind and ability to improve her situation? How does Anne ultimately find the finances she needs? Explain.
This section contains 1,235 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)