|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When an associate pastor from her church comes to help, what does he do to help Anne?
2. How can Anne's emotions be defined at this point?
3. What does Anne think about the worries that most pregnant women have?
4. What does Anne finally realize about her life?
5. When is the initial diary entry made?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anne recall about her own seventh and eighth grade experiences that she finds the prospect of Sam's living through them so daunting?
2. Name the three sources of angst that fuel Anne's depression.
3. How does Anne exhibit what she calls one of her worst personality traits?
4. How has Anne reconciled her negative experiences during the seventh and eighth grades?
5. What is the devastating news learned about Pammy and what does Anne do to cope?
6. How does Anne feel about breastfeeding now that she has become comfortable with it?
7. What is the relationship between Anne and Sam's father?
8. What startling event occurs when Anne and Sam are sleeping?
9. What is the physical and emotional toll of Pammy's illness in Part 10?
10. What milestone does Anne reach in Part 12?
Essay Topic 1
Explain what Anne means by this statement: "I feel that he has completely ruined my life, because I just didn't used to care all that much." Who and what is she talking about?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of religion and spirituality in Anne's life. What is the nature of Anne's particular devotion to the Virgin Mary? How does Anne exhibit her beliefs in her everyday life?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the conflict Anne feels about Sam during his colic attacks. Are Anne's feelings normal? Why or why not? What options were available to Anne to relieve the situation? Explain.
This section contains 1,716 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)