Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the diary entry reveal?
2. Why does Anne primarily want a husband?
3. What is Anne given immediately after being admitted?
4. What is Anne's greatest fear about having a boy?
5. To what does Anne compare her current life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Anne regularly take Sam?
2. On Sam's birthday, what does Anne recall about the day he was born?
3. Describe Anne's experience prior to going into labor and delivering her baby.
4. What toll is Pammy's illness taking on Anne in Part 12?
5. What does Anne recall about her own seventh and eighth grade experiences that she finds the prospect of Sam's living through them so daunting?
6. Describe the photo collage of elements that Anne considers to be her family.
7. Explain Anne's belief in God and her faith that He will provide for her and Sam.
8. What is the devastating news learned about Pammy and what does Anne do to cope?
9. Explain the emotional complications surrounding the legal motions initiated by Sam's father.
10. What startling event occurs when Anne and Sam are sleeping?
Essay Topic 1
Explain what Anne means when she says, "God hasn't brought me this far to drop me on my head now." Explain Anne's devotion to God and the importance of faith in her life. Provide examples.
Essay Topic 2
Anne's father was also a writer and the family has a volatile income which did not provide much security. Do you think that Anne is afraid that she has inherited her father's fluctuating financial patterns as well as his gift for words? Explain what qualities Anne has that will not allow her to follow in all of her father's footsteps.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why, in a life filled with self-absorbed behavior and addictions to substances, one little baby can completely change Anne's world. Is this Anne's first experience with unconditional love? If so, is that why she is so unsure of herself much of the time where Sam is concerned? Explain.
This section contains 1,256 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)