|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Anne have a birthday celebration for Sam?
2. What does the diary entry reveal?
3. When an associate pastor from her church comes to help, what does he do to help Anne?
4. What suggestion from the doctor does Anne resist about Sam's colic?
5. Why does Anne primarily want a husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Anne's fears prior to giving birth?
2. What does Anne share about her breastfeeding problems she is experiencing in Part 4?
3. What milestone does Sam reach shortly before his first birthday?
4. What is the nature of the depression that Anne experiences in Part 8?
5. How does Anne deal with the fact that she is a single parent?
6. Why is Anne's determined focus on Sam a stronger coping mechanism than she may think?
7. What is revealed about Anne's addictive behavior?
8. What is the relationship between Anne and Sam's father?
9. What does the futon episode remind Anne of?
10. What happens to calm Anne's angst about Sam not having a good male influence in his life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In addition to emotional woes, Anne is also troubled by financial problems. What is Anne's employment situation? What is her state of mind and ability to improve her situation? How does Anne ultimately find the finances she needs? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the conflict Anne feels about Sam during his colic attacks. Are Anne's feelings normal? Why or why not? What options were available to Anne to relieve the situation? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Explain Anne's conflict of not having a husband during the early days of Sam's life. What does Anne realize about the lack of a father figure for Sam? What actions does Anne take to increase Sam's emotional support system?
This section contains 1,179 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)