|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is occurring that allows Anne to feel more centered?
2. As an adult, how did Anne deal with her childhood issues?
3. What does Anne call her photo composition of a sonogram, Polaroid picture and crucifix?
4. How does Anne describe her newborn son?
5. To what does Anne attribute some of Sam's colicky behavior?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Anne exhibit what she calls one of her worst personality traits?
2. How does Anne deal with the fact that she is a single parent?
3. How has Anne reconciled her negative experiences during the seventh and eighth grades?
4. What does Anne share about her first few days home with Sam?
5. What is the nature of Anne's fears prior to giving birth?
6. What treatments and coping mechanisms is Pammy using to fight her cancer?
7. Anne's thirty-sixth birthday and her deceased father's birthday complicate Anne's emotional state?
8. Describe the photo collage of elements that Anne considers to be her family.
9. Explain what it is that Anne learns how to do which had previously been difficult for her.
10. What does Anne finally admit is her biggest fear for her child?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain what Anne means by this statement: "I feel that he has completely ruined my life, because I just didn't used to care all that much." Who and what is she talking about?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Anne's feelings about becoming a mother. How are her positive feelings tempered by the fact that she will be a single parent?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Anne decide to keep her baby in spite of her boyfriend's insistence that she have an abortion? Was her age a factor? Her sobriety? Her new relationship with God? Describe the dream Anne has that validates her decision to keep her baby.
This section contains 1,082 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)