|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Sam's father?
2. Where does Anne regularly take Sam?
3. How old is Anne when she is pregnant?
4. What does Anne realize she needs to do in order to survive financially?
5. What does Anne call her messages from God?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the emotional complications surrounding the legal motions initiated by Sam's father.
2. Explain how Anne compares her life to experiences volunteering for the Special Olympics.
3. What is the nature of Anne's fears prior to giving birth?
4. What is Sam's progress during February?
5. Explain what it is that Anne learns how to do which had previously been difficult for her.
6. How do Anne and Pammy escape the ominous cloud of Pammy's illness, even if only temporarily?
7. How has Sam's arrival influenced Anne's relationship with her mother?
8. What does Anne mean by "just take it bird by bird?"
9. Why is Anne's determined focus on Sam a stronger coping mechanism than she may think?
10. What is the nature of the depression that Anne experiences in Part 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain what Anne means when she says, "God hasn't brought me this far to drop me on my head now." Explain Anne's devotion to God and the importance of faith in her life. Provide examples.
Essay Topic 2
Why did Anne decide to keep her baby in spite of her boyfriend's insistence that she have an abortion? Was her age a factor? Her sobriety? Her new relationship with God? Describe the dream Anne has that validates her decision to keep her baby.
Essay Topic 3
Explain what Anne means by this statement: "There's so much joy and pain and love and wonder in my chest and behind my eyes." What is she talking about?
This section contains 1,760 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)