|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the party-goers impressed by?
2. In what month are the journal entries for Part 6 written?
3. Given her past, Anne is in disbelief that ________________________________.
4. What disappointment still continues to haunt Anne?
5. From what disease did Anne's father die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Anne and Pammy escape the ominous cloud of Pammy's illness, even if only temporarily?
2. What is revealed about Anne's addictive behavior?
3. What does the futon episode remind Anne of?
4. How does Anne deal with the fact that she is a single parent?
5. What frightening experience does Anne have with Sam one day in the car?
6. What startling information does Anne receive about activities initiated by Sam's father?
7. What is the physical and emotional toll of Pammy's illness in Part 10?
8. Where does Anne regularly take Sam?
9. How has Anne reconciled her negative experiences during the seventh and eighth grades?
10. What are Anne's New Year's hopes for the future?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the conflict of Anne, the eclectic artist and Anne, the traditionalist. What activities and though patterns can be attributed to "each" Anne? Determine which Anne gets the upper hand by the end of the book.
Essay Topic 2
Explain what Anne means by this statement: "There's so much joy and pain and love and wonder in my chest and behind my eyes." What is she talking about?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the conflict Anne feels about Sam during his colic attacks. Are Anne's feelings normal? Why or why not? What options were available to Anne to relieve the situation? Explain.
This section contains 1,074 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)