|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Anne reads a story about the death of a small child?
2. Who is Pammy?
3. What does Anne show Sam in a store window?
4. What type of parent will Anne soon become?
5. What does the diary entry reveal?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Anne deal with the fact that she is a single parent?
2. What startling information does Anne receive about activities initiated by Sam's father?
3. What are Anne's thoughts about her father during the Christmas holiday season?
4. What wishes does Anne recall making for Sam on the night he was born?
5. What is the state of Sam's development in Part 10?
6. What is the physical and emotional toll of Pammy's illness in Part 10?
7. What is Anne's biggest fear about having a boy?
8. Explain Anne's belief in God and her faith that He will provide for her and Sam.
9. What is revealed about Anne's addictive behavior?
10. Where does Anne regularly take Sam?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of religion and spirituality in Anne's life. What is the nature of Anne's particular devotion to the Virgin Mary? How does Anne exhibit her beliefs in her everyday life?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Anne's use of humor in the book. Select two of the funniest events or descriptions and explain what makes them funny to you? Do you think Anne's humor is a literary tactic? Or is it just the real Anne coming through?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Anne's feelings about becoming a mother. How are her positive feelings tempered by the fact that she will be a single parent?
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)