|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who supports Anne emotionally during her early pregnancy?
2. Anne cannot imagine going through the experience of having Sam without _____________.
3. The month in which the entries for Part 5 are written is ___________________.
4. Why does Anne primarily want a husband?
5. To what does Anne attribute some of Sam's colicky behavior?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed about Anne's addictive behavior?
2. What does Anne mean by "just take it bird by bird?"
3. What are Anne's thoughts about her father during the Christmas holiday season?
4. Why is Anne so torn about going out to dinner or having fun with other friends/
5. What wishes does Anne recall making for Sam on the night he was born?
6. Describe the photo collage of elements that Anne considers to be her family.
7. What is Anne's delivery experience?
8. What is Sam's progress during February?
9. Explain the irony of Pammy still taking care of Anne even though Pammy is the one with the terminal illness.
10. What milestone does Anne reach in Part 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why, in a life filled with self-absorbed behavior and addictions to substances, one little baby can completely change Anne's world. Is this Anne's first experience with unconditional love? If so, is that why she is so unsure of herself much of the time where Sam is concerned? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Explain Anne's conflict of not having a husband during the early days of Sam's life. What does Anne realize about the lack of a father figure for Sam? What actions does Anne take to increase Sam's emotional support system?
Essay Topic 3
In addition to emotional woes, Anne is also troubled by financial problems. What is Anne's employment situation? What is her state of mind and ability to improve her situation? How does Anne ultimately find the finances she needs? Explain.
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)