|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Pammy?
2. What does Anne decide about her single-parent status?
3. How does Anne think she might lose Sam?
4. In what month are the diary entries written for Part 4?
5. Who does Anne count on for support?
Short Essay Questions
1. What wishes does Anne recall making for Sam on the night he was born?
2. What happens to calm Anne's angst about Sam not having a good male influence in his life?
3. Describe the photo collage of elements that Anne considers to be her family.
4. How does Anne exhibit what she calls one of her worst personality traits?
5. Even though Anne feels fragile and vulnerable, she is stronger than she thinks. Explain Anne's strength and coping mechanisms.
6. What is the physical and emotional toll of Pammy's illness in Part 10?
7. What milestone does Sam reach shortly before his first birthday?
8. What frightening experience does Anne have with Sam one day in the car?
9. What is revealed about Anne's addictive behavior?
10. In what ways does it seem that Anne is not as strong as she needs to be?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of religion and spirituality in Anne's life. What is the nature of Anne's particular devotion to the Virgin Mary? How does Anne exhibit her beliefs in her everyday life?
Essay Topic 2
Anne's father was also a writer and the family has a volatile income which did not provide much security. Do you think that Anne is afraid that she has inherited her father's fluctuating financial patterns as well as his gift for words? Explain what qualities Anne has that will not allow her to follow in all of her father's footsteps.
Essay Topic 3
Explain Anne's feelings about becoming a mother. How are her positive feelings tempered by the fact that she will be a single parent?
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)