Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the diary entry reveal?
2. Why does Anne primarily want a husband?
3. What is Anne given immediately after being admitted?
4. What is Anne's greatest fear about having a boy?
5. To what does Anne compare her current life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Anne regularly take Sam?
2. On Sam's birthday, what does Anne recall about the day he was born?
3. Describe Anne's experience prior to going into labor and delivering her baby.
4. What toll is Pammy's illness taking on Anne in Part 12?
5. What does Anne recall about her own seventh and eighth grade experiences that she finds the prospect of Sam's living through them so daunting?
6. Describe the photo collage of elements that Anne considers to be her family.
7. Explain Anne's belief in God and her faith that He will provide for her and Sam.
8. What is the devastating news learned about Pammy and what does Anne do to cope?
9. Explain the emotional complications surrounding the legal motions initiated by Sam's father.
10. What startling event occurs when Anne and Sam are sleeping?
Essay Topic 1
Write a brief character sketch of Anne. Provide some history on her life. What is her family situation? What addictions continue to haunt her? What motivates her?
Essay Topic 2
What is Anne's purpose in keeping the diary about Sam's first year of life? Who is the diary written for--Anne or Sam? Is this an unusual practice or something quite natural to a writer like Anne? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Explain what Anne means by this statement: "There's so much joy and pain and love and wonder in my chest and behind my eyes." What is she talking about?
This section contains 1,205 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)