|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne call her messages from God?
2. Who is Pammy?
3. What happens one day when Anne and Sam are sleeping?
4. What is Anne's greatest fear about having a boy?
5. In what city is Anne's baby born?
Short Essay Questions
1. Name the three sources of angst that fuel Anne's depression.
2. What are Anne's thoughts about her father during the Christmas holiday season?
3. Where does Anne regularly take Sam?
4. In what ways does it seem that Anne is not as strong as she needs to be?
5. How does Anne exhibit what she calls one of her worst personality traits?
6. What are Anne's thoughts now on having a man in her life?
7. Anne's thirty-sixth birthday and her deceased father's birthday complicate Anne's emotional state?
8. What wishes does Anne recall making for Sam on the night he was born?
9. What symbolism does Anne find in the way Sam has learned to crawl?
10. What does Anne mean by "just take it bird by bird?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Anne's feelings about becoming a mother. How are her positive feelings tempered by the fact that she will be a single parent?
Essay Topic 2
Explain what Anne means by this statement: "I feel that he has completely ruined my life, because I just didn't used to care all that much." Who and what is she talking about?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of Sam's father in Anne's life. What angers Anne about his abandonment of her and her unborn child? What dos Anne convince herself of in order to manage through this emotional wound? Why does Anne fight Sam's father's legal motions to deny paternity?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)