|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Rex and Dudu?
2. Who is not thrilled about Sam's arrival?
3. What does Anne call her photo composition of a sonogram, Polaroid picture and crucifix?
4. From what disease did Anne's father die?
5. To what does Anne compare her current life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Sam's progress during February?
2. Describe Anne's experience prior to going into labor and delivering her baby.
3. What is the relationship between Anne and Sam's father?
4. Explain what it is that Anne learns how to do which had previously been difficult for her.
5. What milestone does Sam reach shortly before his first birthday?
6. What does Anne share about her first few days home with Sam?
7. What treatments and coping mechanisms is Pammy using to fight her cancer?
8. Why is Anne so torn about going out to dinner or having fun with other friends/
9. What does Anne's therapist remind Anne of when Anne laments that maybe she is not good enough to have a husband?
10. What are Anne's thoughts now on having a man in her life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of religion and spirituality in Anne's life. What is the nature of Anne's particular devotion to the Virgin Mary? How does Anne exhibit her beliefs in her everyday life?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Pammy's role in Anne's life. What is the nature of their friendship? Which one is more nurturing in the relationship? How does the relationship alter, if at all, with the diagnosis of Pammy's breast cancer?
Essay Topic 3
Anne's father was also a writer and the family has a volatile income which did not provide much security. Do you think that Anne is afraid that she has inherited her father's fluctuating financial patterns as well as his gift for words? Explain what qualities Anne has that will not allow her to follow in all of her father's footsteps.
This section contains 1,818 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)