|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the content of the book?
(a) How to teach sign language to a child
(b) How-to tips on baby-proofing a house
(c) Outlines for writing seminars
(d) A chronicle of Sam's first year of life
2. What does Anne think about the worries that most pregnant women have?
(a) She thinks most women overreact
(b) She thinks the women make up most of that stuff
(c) She thinks the women are ridiculous
(d) She does not share any of their worries
3. What does Anne wish about Sam?
(a) That he could stay in his current stage forever
(b) That he were in school
(c) That he were a girl
(d) That he had more hair
4. What doe Anne long for?
(a) A husband or nanny
(b) A full night's sleep
(c) Better health insurance
(d) A new wardrobe
5. To what does Anne compare her current life?
(a) Volunteering for the Special Olympics
(b) Studying for final exams
(c) Going to the spa
(d) Taking a month-long vacation in Mexico
Short Answer Questions
1. What suggestion from the doctor does Anne resist about Sam's colic?
2. What is Anne given immediately after being admitted?
3. In an strange way, Anne is happy to be single so that she does not have what?
4. What is a little unsettling for Anne?
5. What is Anne doing when Sam laughs for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what it is that Anne learns how to do which had previously been difficult for her.
2. Why is Anne so torn about going out to dinner or having fun with other friends/
3. Explain Anne's belief in God and her faith that He will provide for her and Sam.
4. Why is Anne's determined focus on Sam a stronger coping mechanism than she may think?
5. In what ways does it seem that Anne is not as strong as she needs to be?
6. Even though Anne feels fragile and vulnerable, she is stronger than she thinks. Explain Anne's strength and coping mechanisms.
7. What is the symbolism of the touching fingers in the story to Anne's life in Part 11.
8. What frightens Anne about the world in which Sam will grow up?
9. What is the nature of Anne's fears prior to giving birth?
10. What milestone does Anne reach in Part 12?
This section contains 1,122 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)