|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anne has finally learned that she must ____________________________.
(a) Get a nanny
(b) Go back to work
(c) Get Sam to sleep through the night
(d) Ask people for help
2. What happens when Anne reads a story about the death of a small child?
(a) She will not let anyone else hold Sam
(b) She inspects all of Sam's food
(c) She thinks something terrible is going to happen to Sam
(d) She will not take Sam outside
3. What frightens Anne during a drive to the grocery store one day?
(a) The brakes on her car fail
(b) Anne sees an accident occur ahead of her
(c) Sam is asleep and won't wake up
(d) Anne narrowly misses hitting a pedestrian
4. The month in which the entries for Part 5 are written is ___________________.
5. What does Anne think about Sam at this point?
(a) She cannot imagine life without him
(b) She wishes someone would take him for awhile
(c) She is having second thoughts about being a mother
(d) She wants more children because of the experience
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sam?
2. Where is Sam baptized?
3. What issue does Anne worry that Sam will wonder about?
4. When is the initial diary entry made?
5. Anne resists the urge to eat ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Sam's arrival influenced Anne's relationship with her mother?
2. What are Anne's New Year's hopes for the future?
3. How is Sam formally initiated into a church family?
4. What startling event occurs when Anne and Sam are sleeping?
5. What does Anne finally admit is her biggest fear for her child?
6. Explain what it is that Anne learns how to do which had previously been difficult for her.
7. What is Anne's delivery experience?
8. What is the nature of Anne's fears prior to giving birth?
9. What is the devastating news learned about Pammy and what does Anne do to cope?
10. How does Anne end her journal of the first year of Sam's life?
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)