|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month do the entries in Part 3 occur?
2. Sam's father wanted Anne to __________________________.
(a) Have the baby
(b) Marry him
(c) Terminate the pregnancy
(d) Move in with him
3. Who is Brian?
(a) Anne's editor
(b) Anne's butcher
(c) Anne's mechanic
(d) Anne's friend who becomes Sam's Big Brother
4. What does Anne begin to feed Sam?
(a) Apple juice
(b) Soy formula
(c) Goat's milk
5. What is Anne's greatest fear about having a child?
(a) That she does not have enough money
(b) That she cannot send him to college
(c) That he will have to live through seventh and eighth grades
(d) That she cannot answer questions about religion
Short Answer Questions
1. What suggestion from the doctor does Anne resist about Sam's colic?
2. To what does Anne attribute some of Sam's colicky behavior?
3. What upset Anne about her pre-teen years?
4. What frightens Anne during a drive to the grocery store one day?
5. What does Anne wish on New Year's Eve?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Anne's fears prior to giving birth?
2. Where does Anne regularly take Sam?
3. Explain what it is that Anne learns how to do which had previously been difficult for her.
4. What are Anne's thoughts now on having a man in her life?
5. What are Anne's thoughts about her father during the Christmas holiday season?
6. Why is Anne so torn about going out to dinner or having fun with other friends/
7. What does Anne recall about her own seventh and eighth grade experiences that she finds the prospect of Sam's living through them so daunting?
8. What does Anne finally admit is her biggest fear for her child?
9. What is the devastating news learned about Pammy and what does Anne do to cope?
10. What is the state of Sam's development in Part 10?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)