|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Anne count on for support?
2. What fear begins to emerge for Anne where Sam is concerned?
(a) Anne is afraid of California earthquakes
(b) Anne is afraid of losing her job
(c) Anne fears the world that Sam is destined to grow up in
(d) Anne is afraid of passing on bad genes
3. Other than Sam, Anne is tremendously grateful for _____________________.
(a) A loyal network of family and friends
(b) A royalty check
(c) Cable TV
(d) Maternity leave
4. In what month are the diary entries written for Part 4?
5. Who is Pammy?
(a) Anne's sister
(b) Anne's mother
(c) Anne's long-time friend
(d) Anne's neighbor
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Anne reads a story about the death of a small child?
2. What is a major characteristic of Anne's writing style?
3. Anne resists the urge to eat ________________.
4. What was Anne's mother's reaction to Anne's pregnancy?
5. In addition to Pammy, who serves as a labor coach for Anne
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Sam's birth affected Anne and the people in her life?
2. Name the three sources of angst that fuel Anne's depression.
3. What is the devastating news learned about Pammy and what does Anne do to cope?
4. How has Anne reconciled her negative experiences during the seventh and eighth grades?
5. What startling event occurs when Anne and Sam are sleeping?
6. What does Anne mean by "just take it bird by bird?"
7. What is Anne's delivery experience?
8. What is the nature of the depression that Anne experiences in Part 8?
9. Explain what it is that Anne learns how to do which had previously been difficult for her.
10. What is the nature of Anne's fears prior to giving birth?
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)