|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anne's idea of normal for a family?
(a) The presence of a husband and father
(b) There is no such thing as normal
(c) A mother is quite enough for a child
(d) Anything as long as a child is loved
2. Anne resists the urge to eat ________________.
(a) A whole plate of nachos
(b) A box of doughnuts
(c) A bag of popcorn
(d) A gallon of ice cream
3. What is Anne given immediately after being admitted?
(a) A glass of water
(b) An epidural
(c) Some gelatin
4. In an strange way, Anne is happy to be single so that she does not have what?
(a) Someone else messing up the house
(b) The stress of keeping a husband happy
(c) To keep the house clean
(d) Share decisions with someone else
5. What does Anne indulge in?
(a) Halloween candy
(c) Jelly Beans
Short Answer Questions
1. Other than Sam, Anne is tremendously grateful for _____________________.
2. What does Anne think about the worries that most pregnant women have?
3. What upset Anne about her pre-teen years?
4. What does Anne admit is one of her worst personality traits?
5. How did Anne spend the final months of her father's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Even though Anne feels fragile and vulnerable, she is stronger than she thinks. Explain Anne's strength and coping mechanisms.
2. What is the nature of the depression that Anne experiences in Part 8?
3. Describe Anne's experience prior to going into labor and delivering her baby.
4. Explain Anne's belief in God and her faith that He will provide for her and Sam.
5. What does Anne mean by "just take it bird by bird?"
6. What wishes does Anne recall making for Sam on the night he was born?
7. How is Sam formally initiated into a church family?
8. Describe the photo collage of elements that Anne considers to be her family.
9. Anne's thirty-sixth birthday and her deceased father's birthday complicate Anne's emotional state?
10. How does Anne end her journal of the first year of Sam's life?
This section contains 1,160 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)