|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disappointment still continues to haunt Anne?
(a) That she never learned how to sew
(b) That she does not have a husband
(c) That she never lived in New York
(d) That she never danced in the ballet
2. What is Anne's greatest fear about having a boy?
(a) She has never been comfortable around males
(b) Whether or not she can bond with him
(c) How he will handle the responsibility of having a penis
(d) Finding someone to teach him how to play sports
3. What does Anne show Sam in a store window?
(a) Christmas decorations
(b) A mannequin
(c) Her latest book
(d) A train
4. What does Anne notice at this point in time?
(a) Sam is starting to talk
(b) Her mother is coming over more frequently
(c) Her body has returned to her pre-pregnancy state
(d) Motherhood has become easier
5. The diary entries in Part 2 encompass ___________________________ of Sam's life.
(a) The second year
(b) The first month
(c) The first year
(d) The first week
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the source of Anne's comfort during difficult times?
2. Who does Anne call about her breastfeeding issues?
3. What does Anne finally realize about her life?
4. How does Anne feel most of the time?
5. Why does Anne primarily want a husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anne recall about her own seventh and eighth grade experiences that she finds the prospect of Sam's living through them so daunting?
2. Explain the irony of Pammy still taking care of Anne even though Pammy is the one with the terminal illness.
3. Explain the emotional complications surrounding the legal motions initiated by Sam's father.
4. Why is Anne so torn about going out to dinner or having fun with other friends/
5. Anne's thirty-sixth birthday and her deceased father's birthday complicate Anne's emotional state?
6. Where does Anne regularly take Sam?
7. What is revealed about Anne's addictive behavior?
8. How is Sam formally initiated into a church family?
9. What are Anne's thoughts about her father during the Christmas holiday season?
10. What is Anne's favorite way of bonding with Sam?
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)