|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne wish about Sam?
(a) That he could stay in his current stage forever
(b) That he were in school
(c) That he had more hair
(d) That he were a girl
2. What does Anne begin to feed Sam?
(a) Apple juice
(c) Soy formula
(d) Goat's milk
3. What is Anne doing when Sam laughs for the first time?
(b) Bathing Sam
(c) Making funny faces
(d) Changing Sam's diaper
4. What frightens Anne during a drive to the grocery store one day?
(a) Anne narrowly misses hitting a pedestrian
(b) Sam is asleep and won't wake up
(c) Anne sees an accident occur ahead of her
(d) The brakes on her car fail
5. Who is not thrilled about Sam's arrival?
(a) Anne's father
(b) Anne's cat
(c) Sam's biological father
(d) The next door neighbors
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Anne spend the final months of her father's life?
2. What is Anne's core personality?
3. Other than Sam, Anne is tremendously grateful for _____________________.
4. Anne cannot imagine going through the experience of having Sam without _____________.
5. The diary entries in Part 2 encompass ___________________________ of Sam's life.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Anne deal with the fact that she is a single parent?
2. What are Anne's New Year's hopes for the future?
3. What is the relationship between Anne and Sam's father?
4. Even though Anne feels fragile and vulnerable, she is stronger than she thinks. Explain Anne's strength and coping mechanisms.
5. Anne's thirty-sixth birthday and her deceased father's birthday complicate Anne's emotional state?
6. What milestone does Sam reach shortly before his first birthday?
7. Name the three sources of angst that fuel Anne's depression.
8. How has Sam's arrival influenced Anne's relationship with her mother?
9. How has Anne reconciled her negative experiences during the seventh and eighth grades?
10. What does Anne share about her breastfeeding problems she is experiencing in Part 4?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)