|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Brian?
(a) Anne's editor
(b) Anne's butcher
(c) Anne's mechanic
(d) Anne's friend who becomes Sam's Big Brother
2. Where is Sam baptized?
(a) St. Andrews Church
(b) St. Anne's Church
(c) First Presbyterian Church
(d) St. Aloysius Church
3. Anne has finally learned that she must ____________________________.
(a) Go back to work
(b) Get a nanny
(c) Ask people for help
(d) Get Sam to sleep through the night
4. What does Anne wish on New Year's Eve?
(a) That she can focus more on the present instead of worrying so much
(b) That she will find a new job
(c) That Sam's father will return
(d) That she will fall in love soon
5. What fear begins to emerge for Anne where Sam is concerned?
(a) Anne is afraid of passing on bad genes
(b) Anne fears the world that Sam is destined to grow up in
(c) Anne is afraid of California earthquakes
(d) Anne is afraid of losing her job
Short Answer Questions
1. Who supports Anne emotionally during her early pregnancy?
2. What does Anne call her messages from God?
3. What does Anne admit is one of her worst personality traits?
4. What amazes Anne about her own body?
5. How does Anne think she might lose Sam?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Anne compares her life to experiences volunteering for the Special Olympics.
2. What is the premise for Operating Instructions: A Journal of My Son's First Year
3. Describe the photo collage of elements that Anne considers to be her family.
4. What are Anne's views on breastfeeding?
5. What is the relationship between Anne and Sam's father?
6. Why is Anne's determined focus on Sam a stronger coping mechanism than she may think?
7. What is the devastating news learned about Pammy and what does Anne do to cope?
8. What does Anne share about her breastfeeding problems she is experiencing in Part 4?
9. What frightens Anne about the world in which Sam will grow up?
10. How is Sam formally initiated into a church family?
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)