|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens one day when Anne and Sam are sleeping?
(a) Sam rolls off the futon
(b) Anne rolls onto Sam
(c) Anne rolls off the futon
(d) The cat sits on Sam
2. What happens to relieve Anne's financial worries?
(a) Sam's father begins sending support money
(b) She gets a full-time job offer
(c) She gets money from her father's estate
(d) She gets an offer to write a monthly magazine column
3. What was Anne's mother's reaction to Anne's pregnancy?
(a) She was disappointed
(b) She was angry
(c) She was thrilled
(d) She was shocked
4. Where does Anne host a post-Baptism party?
(a) Pammy's house
(b) A local restaurant
(c) A local park
(d) The beach
5. When does Anne have a birthday celebration for Sam?
(a) When he is one month old
(b) When he is one year old
(c) When he is three weeks old
(d) When he is six months old
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the source of Anne's comfort during difficult times?
2. The diary entries in Part 2 encompass ___________________________ of Sam's life.
3. To what does Anne attribute some of Sam's colicky behavior?
4. What is a little unsettling for Anne?
5. Anne resists the urge to eat ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the devastating news learned about Pammy and what does Anne do to cope?
2. What wishes does Anne recall making for Sam on the night he was born?
3. What does Anne mean by "just take it bird by bird?"
4. What milestone does Sam reach shortly before his first birthday?
5. Explain the irony of Pammy still taking care of Anne even though Pammy is the one with the terminal illness.
6. What are Anne's thoughts about her father during the Christmas holiday season?
7. What is the nature of the depression that Anne experiences in Part 8?
8. How does Anne exhibit what she calls one of her worst personality traits?
9. What is the premise for Operating Instructions: A Journal of My Son's First Year
10. What is Anne's favorite way of bonding with Sam?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)