|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anne given immediately after being admitted?
(a) A glass of water
(c) Some gelatin
(d) An epidural
2. Who supports Anne emotionally during her early pregnancy?
(a) Her old tennis coach
(b) The best friend of the man who abandoned her
(c) Her writing workshop student
(d) An old boyfriend who never wanted children
3. When does Anne have a birthday celebration for Sam?
(a) When he is one month old
(b) When he is six months old
(c) When he is three weeks old
(d) When he is one year old
4. What does Anne call her photo composition of a sonogram, Polaroid picture and crucifix?
(a) Self portrait
(b) Gallery content
(c) Inspirational collage
(d) Family portrait
5. Who is Sam?
(a) The author's son
(b) The author's neighbor
(c) A serial killer
(d) The author's editor
Short Answer Questions
1. What doe Anne long for?
2. What is Anne's greatest fear about having a boy?
3. Other than Sam, Anne is tremendously grateful for _____________________.
4. Sam's father wanted Anne to __________________________.
5. What does Anne admit is one of her worst personality traits?
Short Essay Questions
1. What startling information does Anne receive about activities initiated by Sam's father?
2. What frightens Anne about the world in which Sam will grow up?
3. What is Sam's progress during February?
4. What is Anne's biggest fear about having a boy?
5. What toll is Pammy's illness taking on Anne in Part 12?
6. Describe the photo collage of elements that Anne considers to be her family.
7. How does Anne exhibit what she calls one of her worst personality traits?
8. What are Anne's thoughts now on having a man in her life?
9. What is the symbolism of the touching fingers in the story to Anne's life in Part 11.
10. On Sam's birthday, what does Anne recall about the day he was born?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)