|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Sam when he finally sleeps through the night?
(a) 3 months
(b) 30 days
(c) 30 weeks
(d) 3 weeks
2. What is one of the things that does not frighten Anne about her pregnancy?
(b) Morning sickness
3. Where is Sam's father?
(a) He is dead
(b) He walked away when he learned Anne was pregnant
(c) He is in the army overseas
(d) He is out of town on business
4. What does Anne call her photo composition of a sonogram, Polaroid picture and crucifix?
(a) Family portrait
(b) Self portrait
(c) Gallery content
(d) Inspirational collage
5. Who supports Anne emotionally during her early pregnancy?
(a) The best friend of the man who abandoned her
(b) Her old tennis coach
(c) An old boyfriend who never wanted children
(d) Her writing workshop student
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is Sam afflicted?
2. What fear begins to emerge for Anne where Sam is concerned?
3. When is the initial diary entry made?
4. What suggestion from the doctor does Anne resist about Sam's colic?
5. What does Anne show Sam in a store window?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the premise for Operating Instructions: A Journal of My Son's First Year
2. What are Anne's thoughts about her father during the Christmas holiday season?
3. Explain what it is that Anne learns how to do which had previously been difficult for her.
4. What does Part 8 reveal about Anne's state of substance abuse recovery?
5. Explain how Anne compares her life to experiences volunteering for the Special Olympics.
6. Explain the irony of Pammy still taking care of Anne even though Pammy is the one with the terminal illness.
7. Anne's thirty-sixth birthday and her deceased father's birthday complicate Anne's emotional state?
8. What is the nature of the depression that Anne experiences in Part 8?
9. What does Anne finally admit is her biggest fear for her child?
10. How has Sam's arrival influenced Anne's relationship with her mother?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)