|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What frightens Anne during a drive to the grocery store one day?
(a) The brakes on her car fail
(b) Anne sees an accident occur ahead of her
(c) Anne narrowly misses hitting a pedestrian
(d) Sam is asleep and won't wake up
2. What was Anne's mother's reaction to Anne's pregnancy?
(a) She was thrilled
(b) She was shocked
(c) She was angry
(d) She was disappointed
3. What do Pammy and her husband struggle with?
(a) The mortgage
(b) The kids
(d) The in-laws
4. What fear begins to emerge for Anne where Sam is concerned?
(a) Anne fears the world that Sam is destined to grow up in
(b) Anne is afraid of passing on bad genes
(c) Anne is afraid of California earthquakes
(d) Anne is afraid of losing her job
5. From what disease did Anne's father die?
(a) Colon cancer
(b) Pancreatic cancer
(c) Lung cancer
(d) Brain cancer
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anne feel most of the time?
2. What does Anne wish about Sam?
3. What is Anne's greatest fear about having a boy?
4. What disappointment still continues to haunt Anne?
5. Why does Anne primarily want a husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anne's therapist remind Anne of when Anne laments that maybe she is not good enough to have a husband?
2. How has Sam's birth affected Anne and the people in her life?
3. What is the premise for Operating Instructions: A Journal of My Son's First Year
4. What are Anne's views on breastfeeding?
5. Why is Anne so torn about going out to dinner or having fun with other friends/
6. What does Anne share about her breastfeeding problems she is experiencing in Part 4?
7. What startling event occurs when Anne and Sam are sleeping?
8. What happens to calm Anne's angst about Sam not having a good male influence in his life?
9. What treatments and coping mechanisms is Pammy using to fight her cancer?
10. What are Anne's thoughts about her father during the Christmas holiday season?
This section contains 1,218 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)