|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city is Anne's baby born?
(a) Los Angeles
(c) San Francisco
2. Where do Anne and Sam sleep?
(a) On the couch
(b) On the floor
(c) In a double bed
(d) On a futon
3. Given her past, Anne is in disbelief that ________________________________.
(a) She can stay home every night
(b) She is not working all night
(c) She can stay clean and sober
(d) She has been entrusted with the life of a child
4. Other than Sam, Anne is tremendously grateful for _____________________.
(a) A royalty check
(b) A loyal network of family and friends
(c) Maternity leave
(d) Cable TV
5. When an associate pastor from her church comes to help, what does he do to help Anne?
(a) Does the laundry
(b) Loads the dishwasher
(c) Changes the oil in the car
(d) Cleans the bathroom
Short Answer Questions
1. Who supports Anne emotionally during her early pregnancy?
2. What fear begins to emerge for Anne where Sam is concerned?
3. What is Anne's greatest fear about having a child?
4. What is Anne's core personality?
5. What happens one day when Anne and Sam are sleeping?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Anne's favorite way of bonding with Sam?
2. Explain what it is that Anne learns how to do which had previously been difficult for her.
3. Where does Anne regularly take Sam?
4. What treatments and coping mechanisms is Pammy using to fight her cancer?
5. What startling event occurs when Anne and Sam are sleeping?
6. Name the three sources of angst that fuel Anne's depression.
7. How has Sam's birth affected Anne and the people in her life?
8. Why is Anne's determined focus on Sam a stronger coping mechanism than she may think?
9. How does Anne deal with the fact that she is a single parent?
10. In what ways does it seem that Anne is not as strong as she needs to be?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)