|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne think about the worries that most pregnant women have?
(a) She thinks most women overreact
(b) She thinks the women are ridiculous
(c) She thinks the women make up most of that stuff
(d) She does not share any of their worries
2. Operating Instructions is based on______________________.
(a) Therapy sessions
(b) A focus group
(c) A series of diary entries
(d) Taped conversations
3. What happens one day when Anne and Sam are sleeping?
(a) Anne rolls onto Sam
(b) Anne rolls off the futon
(c) The cat sits on Sam
(d) Sam rolls off the futon
4. What are the party-goers impressed by?
(a) The champagne
(b) Anne's mothering abilities
(c) The food
(d) The band
5. What is the content of the book?
(a) How to teach sign language to a child
(b) A chronicle of Sam's first year of life
(c) Outlines for writing seminars
(d) How-to tips on baby-proofing a house
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Anne count on for support?
2. Sam's father wanted Anne to __________________________.
3. Where do Anne and Sam sleep?
4. How can Anne's emotions be defined at this point?
5. What is Anne doing when Sam laughs for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Anne regularly take Sam?
2. What happens to calm Anne's angst about Sam not having a good male influence in his life?
3. In what ways does it seem that Anne is not as strong as she needs to be?
4. What does Part 8 reveal about Anne's state of substance abuse recovery?
5. Why is Anne's determined focus on Sam a stronger coping mechanism than she may think?
6. How do Anne and Pammy escape the ominous cloud of Pammy's illness, even if only temporarily?
7. What does Anne's therapist remind Anne of when Anne laments that maybe she is not good enough to have a husband?
8. What milestone does Sam reach shortly before his first birthday?
9. What is the state of Sam's development in Part 10?
10. What frightening experience does Anne have with Sam one day in the car?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)