|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When an associate pastor from her church comes to help, what does he do to help Anne?
(a) Loads the dishwasher
(b) Does the laundry
(c) Cleans the bathroom
(d) Changes the oil in the car
2. Who is Pammy?
(a) Anne's mother
(b) Anne's sister
(c) Anne's neighbor
(d) Anne's long-time friend
3. What does Anne realize she needs to do in order to survive financially?
(a) Sell some stocks
(b) Sell her house
(c) Get a full-time job
(d) Take on more freelance work
4. In what month are the journal entries for Part 6 written?
5. When does Anne have a birthday celebration for Sam?
(a) When he is one month old
(b) When he is three weeks old
(c) When he is one year old
(d) When he is six months old
Short Answer Questions
1. Operating Instructions is based on______________________.
2. Anne resists the urge to eat ________________.
3. How old is Sam when he finally sleeps through the night?
4. What happens one day when Anne and Sam are sleeping?
5. What is Anne's greatest fear about having a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. Anne's thirty-sixth birthday and her deceased father's birthday complicate Anne's emotional state?
2. What does Anne share about her breastfeeding problems she is experiencing in Part 4?
3. What does Anne finally admit is her biggest fear for her child?
4. What is the nature of Anne's fears prior to giving birth?
5. Describe the photo collage of elements that Anne considers to be her family.
6. Where does Anne regularly take Sam?
7. How has Sam's birth affected Anne and the people in her life?
8. What is the premise for Operating Instructions: A Journal of My Son's First Year
9. What toll is Pammy's illness taking on Anne in Part 12?
10. What does Anne share about her first few days home with Sam?
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)