|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is not thrilled about Sam's arrival?
(a) Anne's cat
(b) Anne's father
(c) Sam's biological father
(d) The next door neighbors
2. What is one of the things that does not frighten Anne about her pregnancy?
(b) Morning sickness
3. Sam's father wanted Anne to __________________________.
(a) Move in with him
(b) Terminate the pregnancy
(c) Have the baby
(d) Marry him
4. What happens one day when Anne and Sam are sleeping?
(a) Anne rolls onto Sam
(b) The cat sits on Sam
(c) Sam rolls off the futon
(d) Anne rolls off the futon
5. What is the source of Anne's comfort during difficult times?
(a) Her faith in Jesus
(b) Her best friend, Pammy
(c) Her mother
(d) Her brother, Steve
Short Answer Questions
1. In an strange way, Anne is happy to be single so that she does not have what?
2. When is the initial diary entry made?
3. What frightens Anne during a drive to the grocery store one day?
4. What does Anne notice at this point in time?
5. How does Anne feel most of the time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the irony of Pammy still taking care of Anne even though Pammy is the one with the terminal illness.
2. Anne's thirty-sixth birthday and her deceased father's birthday complicate Anne's emotional state?
3. Explain what it is that Anne learns how to do which had previously been difficult for her.
4. What does Anne share about her first few days home with Sam?
5. What does Anne finally admit is her biggest fear for her child?
6. What startling event occurs when Anne and Sam are sleeping?
7. How does Anne feel about breastfeeding now that she has become comfortable with it?
8. How does Anne exhibit what she calls one of her worst personality traits?
9. What are Anne's views on breastfeeding?
10. What symbolism does Anne find in the way Sam has learned to crawl?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)