|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Anne call about her breastfeeding issues?
(a) Her mother
(b) Her obstetrician
(c) The La Leche League
2. Who supports Anne emotionally during her early pregnancy?
(a) Her old tennis coach
(b) Her writing workshop student
(c) The best friend of the man who abandoned her
(d) An old boyfriend who never wanted children
3. In what month are the journal entries for Part 6 written?
4. Most of all, Anne hopes to do what for her son?
(a) Spare him pain
(b) Send him to military school
(c) Give him a solid religious foundation
(d) Send him to college
5. What does Anne notice at this point in time?
(a) Her body has returned to her pre-pregnancy state
(b) Motherhood has become easier
(c) Her mother is coming over more frequently
(d) Sam is starting to talk
Short Answer Questions
1. Anne resists the urge to eat ________________.
2. How does Anne ask God what she should do?
3. Who is Brian?
4. What happens one day when Anne and Sam are sleeping?
5. What does Anne realize she needs to do in order to survive financially?
Short Essay Questions
1. What toll is Pammy's illness taking on Anne in Part 12?
2. What wishes does Anne recall making for Sam on the night he was born?
3. Explain how Anne compares her life to experiences volunteering for the Special Olympics.
4. Describe the photo collage of elements that Anne considers to be her family.
5. What is the symbolism of the touching fingers in the story to Anne's life in Part 11.
6. Describe Anne's experience prior to going into labor and delivering her baby.
7. Why is Anne's determined focus on Sam a stronger coping mechanism than she may think?
8. Where does Anne regularly take Sam?
9. What does Anne share about her breastfeeding problems she is experiencing in Part 4?
10. How does Anne deal with the fact that she is a single parent?
This section contains 1,120 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)