|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What worry does Anne carry around all the time?
(a) Financial concerns
(b) Sam's lack of a father
(c) Health problems
(d) Her mother's interference
2. Anne cannot imagine going through the experience of having Sam without _____________.
(b) Baby monitor
(c) Cable TV
3. What begins to change Anne's frantic moods from being so exhausted?
(a) Sam's colic goes away
(b) Anne's mother takes Sam for a few days
(c) Sam begins to smile
(d) Anne hires a nanny
4. What does the diary entry reveal?
(a) That Anne is painting the nursery
(b) That Anne is about to become a single mother
(c) That Anne has chosen a name for her baby
(d) That there is an upcoming baby shower
5. How did Anne spend the final months of her father's life?
(a) Drunk or high
(d) Out of the country
Short Answer Questions
1. The diary entries in Part 2 encompass ___________________________ of Sam's life.
2. How does Anne learn that she will keep the baby?
3. What does Anne wish about Sam?
4. What is Anne's core personality?
5. What is Anne's greatest fear about having a boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anne share about her breastfeeding problems she is experiencing in Part 4?
2. What does Anne finally admit is her biggest fear for her child?
3. What does Anne mean by "just take it bird by bird?"
4. Explain what it is that Anne learns how to do which had previously been difficult for her.
5. How is Sam formally initiated into a church family?
6. Describe Anne's experience prior to going into labor and delivering her baby.
7. How does Anne exhibit what she calls one of her worst personality traits?
8. What is revealed about Anne's addictive behavior?
9. Describe the photo collage of elements that Anne considers to be her family.
10. How does Anne deal with the fact that she is a single parent?
This section contains 1,188 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)