|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what disease did Anne's father die?
(a) Pancreatic cancer
(b) Lung cancer
(c) Colon cancer
(d) Brain cancer
2. As an adult, how did Anne deal with her childhood issues?
(c) Substance abuse
3. How does Anne know she is strong enough to raise a child now?
(a) She enjoys different experiences
(b) She has battled addictions and won
(c) She has a big house
(d) She has more money
4. Why does Anne primarily want a husband?
(a) So she will not grow old alone
(b) So someone can support her and Sam
(c) So she can have some adult conversation
(d) So she has someone to share Sam's experiences with
5. When an associate pastor from her church comes to help, what does he do to help Anne?
(a) Does the laundry
(b) Changes the oil in the car
(c) Cleans the bathroom
(d) Loads the dishwasher
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of parent will Anne soon become?
2. What event causes little Sam some emotional and physical distress?
3. What happens to relieve Anne's financial worries?
4. What is Anne given immediately after being admitted?
5. In what month do the entries in Part 3 occur?
Short Essay Questions
1. What milestone does Anne reach in Part 12?
2. Explain how Anne compares her life to experiences volunteering for the Special Olympics.
3. What is Anne's delivery experience?
4. What treatments and coping mechanisms is Pammy using to fight her cancer?
5. What does Anne's therapist remind Anne of when Anne laments that maybe she is not good enough to have a husband?
6. Explain what it is that Anne learns how to do which had previously been difficult for her.
7. What frightens Anne about the world in which Sam will grow up?
8. What happens to calm Anne's angst about Sam not having a good male influence in his life?
9. What is the symbolism of the touching fingers in the story to Anne's life in Part 11.
10. Where does Anne regularly take Sam?
This section contains 1,068 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)