|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Pammy?
(a) Anne's sister
(b) Anne's mother
(c) Anne's neighbor
(d) Anne's long-time friend
2. How old is Anne when she is pregnant?
3. The month in which the entries for Part 5 are written is ___________________.
4. What begins to change Anne's frantic moods from being so exhausted?
(a) Anne hires a nanny
(b) Sam begins to smile
(c) Sam's colic goes away
(d) Anne's mother takes Sam for a few days
5. What is the content of the book?
(a) A chronicle of Sam's first year of life
(b) How-to tips on baby-proofing a house
(c) Outlines for writing seminars
(d) How to teach sign language to a child
Short Answer Questions
1. What upset Anne about her pre-teen years?
2. With what is Sam afflicted?
3. How can Anne's emotions be defined at this point?
4. What type of parent will Anne soon become?
5. In what city is Anne's baby born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What frightens Anne about the world in which Sam will grow up?
2. What milestone does Sam reach shortly before his first birthday?
3. What are Anne's thoughts about her father during the Christmas holiday season?
4. What is the state of Sam's development in Part 10?
5. On Sam's birthday, what does Anne recall about the day he was born?
6. How do Anne and Pammy escape the ominous cloud of Pammy's illness, even if only temporarily?
7. Explain the irony of Pammy still taking care of Anne even though Pammy is the one with the terminal illness.
8. Why is Anne's determined focus on Sam a stronger coping mechanism than she may think?
9. What does Anne share about her first few days home with Sam?
10. Why is Anne so torn about going out to dinner or having fun with other friends/
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)