|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event causes little Sam some emotional and physical distress?
(a) Breathing treatments
(b) An ear infection
(d) Getting a bath
2. What does Anne show Sam in a store window?
(a) A train
(b) Christmas decorations
(c) Her latest book
(d) A mannequin
3. What does Anne realize she needs to do in order to survive financially?
(a) Sell some stocks
(b) Take on more freelance work
(c) Get a full-time job
(d) Sell her house
4. What does Anne begin to feed Sam?
(b) Goat's milk
(c) Apple juice
(d) Soy formula
5. What happens to relieve Anne's financial worries?
(a) She gets an offer to write a monthly magazine column
(b) She gets money from her father's estate
(c) She gets a full-time job offer
(d) Sam's father begins sending support money
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Anne when she is pregnant?
2. What is Anne's greatest fear about having a boy?
3. What has Sam's father recently done?
4. As an adult, how did Anne deal with her childhood issues?
5. Most of all, Anne hopes to do what for her son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Anne's favorite way of bonding with Sam?
2. What are Anne's views on breastfeeding?
3. How do Anne and Pammy escape the ominous cloud of Pammy's illness, even if only temporarily?
4. How has Sam's birth affected Anne and the people in her life?
5. Name the three sources of angst that fuel Anne's depression.
6. What frightening experience does Anne have with Sam one day in the car?
7. What is Anne's delivery experience?
8. In what ways does it seem that Anne is not as strong as she needs to be?
9. Why is Anne's determined focus on Sam a stronger coping mechanism than she may think?
10. How does Anne exhibit what she calls one of her worst personality traits?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)