|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Anne and Sam sleep?
(a) On the floor
(b) On a futon
(c) On the couch
(d) In a double bed
2. How old is Anne when she is pregnant?
3. What doe Anne long for?
(a) A new wardrobe
(b) Better health insurance
(c) A husband or nanny
(d) A full night's sleep
4. What is a major characteristic of Anne's writing style?
5. What does Anne finally realize about her life?
(a) That she needs to make some major changes
(b) That she has a lot of pent-up anger
(c) That the loneliness will never totally go away
(d) That she is lucky to have survived
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anne's idea of normal for a family?
2. What suggestion from the doctor does Anne resist about Sam's colic?
3. What does Anne think about the worries that most pregnant women have?
4. How can Anne's emotions be defined at this point?
5. In what month are the diary entries written for Part 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the symbolism of the touching fingers in the story to Anne's life in Part 11.
2. What is the premise for Operating Instructions: A Journal of My Son's First Year
3. Describe Anne's experience prior to going into labor and delivering her baby.
4. How does Anne feel about breastfeeding now that she has become comfortable with it?
5. How does Anne end her journal of the first year of Sam's life?
6. Explain what it is that Anne learns how to do which had previously been difficult for her.
7. In what ways does it seem that Anne is not as strong as she needs to be?
8. What symbolism does Anne find in the way Sam has learned to crawl?
9. How does Anne exhibit what she calls one of her worst personality traits?
10. What frightening experience does Anne have with Sam one day in the car?
This section contains 1,034 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)