|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne call her photo composition of a sonogram, Polaroid picture and crucifix?
(a) Gallery content
(b) Inspirational collage
(c) Self portrait
(d) Family portrait
2. What is Anne's core personality?
3. Anne cannot imagine going through the experience of having Sam without _____________.
(a) Cable TV
(b) Baby monitor
4. What is Anne's greatest fear about having a child?
(a) That he will have to live through seventh and eighth grades
(b) That she cannot answer questions about religion
(c) That she does not have enough money
(d) That she cannot send him to college
5. In what month are the journal entries for Part 6 written?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of parent will Anne soon become?
2. How can Anne's emotions be defined at this point?
3. How did Anne spend the final months of her father's life?
4. In an strange way, Anne is happy to be single so that she does not have what?
5. How does Anne ask God what she should do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Anne and Pammy escape the ominous cloud of Pammy's illness, even if only temporarily?
2. What is Anne's favorite way of bonding with Sam?
3. How has Sam's arrival influenced Anne's relationship with her mother?
4. In what ways does it seem that Anne is not as strong as she needs to be?
5. Where does Anne regularly take Sam?
6. What is the premise for Operating Instructions: A Journal of My Son's First Year
7. How has Sam's birth affected Anne and the people in her life?
8. What is the symbolism of the touching fingers in the story to Anne's life in Part 11.
9. What does the futon episode remind Anne of?
10. What milestone does Sam reach shortly before his first birthday?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)