|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sam?
(a) A serial killer
(b) The author's neighbor
(c) The author's son
(d) The author's editor
2. What is Anne's greatest fear about having a child?
(a) That she cannot send him to college
(b) That she cannot answer questions about religion
(c) That she does not have enough money
(d) That he will have to live through seventh and eighth grades
3. What does Anne realize she needs to do in order to survive financially?
(a) Get a full-time job
(b) Take on more freelance work
(c) Sell her house
(d) Sell some stocks
4. Anne resists the urge to eat ________________.
(a) A bag of popcorn
(b) A gallon of ice cream
(c) A whole plate of nachos
(d) A box of doughnuts
5. What is Anne doing when Sam laughs for the first time?
(b) Bathing Sam
(c) Changing Sam's diaper
(d) Making funny faces
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Anne host a post-Baptism party?
2. The diary entries in Part 2 encompass ___________________________ of Sam's life.
3. What is Anne's core personality?
4. What amazes Anne about her own body?
5. What does Anne indulge in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Anne's fears prior to giving birth?
2. Explain how Anne compares her life to experiences volunteering for the Special Olympics.
3. What is revealed about Anne's addictive behavior?
4. What are Anne's thoughts now on having a man in her life?
5. How does Anne feel about breastfeeding now that she has become comfortable with it?
6. What is Sam's progress during February?
7. How does Anne exhibit what she calls one of her worst personality traits?
8. In what ways does it seem that Anne is not as strong as she needs to be?
9. What milestone does Sam reach shortly before his first birthday?
10. Explain Anne's belief in God and her faith that He will provide for her and Sam.
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)