|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Sam does Anne constantly worry about?
(a) His food
(b) His dexterity
(c) His emotions
(d) His health
2. How does Anne feel when Pammy and her husband go away for a week?
(d) Somewhat grateful
3. How does Anne feel when she goes out with friends?
(a) She is too tempted to drink
(b) She never wants to go home
(c) She is grateful for a break from Sam
(d) She misses Sam
4. What happens to Pammy after her visit with Anne and Sam?
(a) She goes to hospice
(b) She goes to the hospital
(c) She gets sick too
(d) She decides never to return
5. Who watches Sam while Anne and Pammy are out?
(a) Anne's brother
(b) Anne's nanny
(c) Anne's mother
(d) Anne's neighbor
6. What is Anne lacking the motivation to do?
(a) Lose weight
(b) Paint the living room
(c) Clean the bathroom
7. Why does Anne resist her urges to drink or get high?
(a) She fears her mother's censure
(b) She doesn't have anybody to do it with
(c) Because she needs to be a good mother to Sam
(d) She can't find a good babysitter
8. What does Anne consider Sam's presence in her life to be?
(a) A miracle
(b) A chore
(c) A mistake
(d) A nuisance
9. Who helps Anne resist her cravings?
(a) Her therapist
(c) Her mother
(d) Her brother
10. What does Anne contemplate continuing until Sam goes to kindergarten?
(b) Giving him finger foods
(c) Letting him have a pacifier
(d) Sleeping with him
11. What is Pammy's frame of mind?
12. How is Anne handling her father's death?
(a) She has accepted the loss
(b) She is still in denial
(c) She will never get over losing him
(d) She is still grieving for him
13. What does Pammy spend a lot of time doing lately?
(a) Going to church
(b) Shopping for organic food
(d) Researching alternative treatments
14. How has Sam changed the relationship between Anne and her mother?
(a) There is no change
(b) It is about the same
(c) It is strained
(d) It is improved
15. Why does Anne go to dinner with friends?
(a) To get adult conversation
(b) To drink
(c) To do a food review
(d) To get out of the house
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anne's state of mind in Part 12?
2. What does Anne tell Sam about one night as she nurses him?
3. How many years ago did Anne's father die?
4. What does Pammy learn about her disease?
5. What worry still seems to plague Anne?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)