|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pammy learn about her disease?
(a) The cancer has spread to six lymph nodes
(b) She is cured
(c) It is terminal
(d) It is in remission
2. How does Pammy seem when she returns home?
(c) Pale and wan
3. What does Anne do to manage the news about Pammy?
(a) Starts drinking again
(b) Goes into denial
(c) Looks up information
(d) Focuses on Sam
4. What is Sam's eating style?
5. What does Anne wonder as she watches Sam crawl?
(a) What his future will hold
(b) If the floor is clean
(c) If he will bump his head on a table
(d) If he will be a good reader
6. What is the state of Pammy's health in Part 12?
(a) She is deteriorating rapidly
(b) She is in remission
(c) She is tired but stable
(d) She is cured
7. In what month are the diary entries for Part 7 written?
8. What is Anne's state of mind in Part 12?
(a) She is optimistic
(b) She is stable
(c) She is an emotional wreck
(d) She is euphoric
9. Why does Anne resist her urges to drink or get high?
(a) Because she needs to be a good mother to Sam
(b) She fears her mother's censure
(c) She doesn't have anybody to do it with
(d) She can't find a good babysitter
10. What is the nature of the disease?
(c) Slow growing
11. What alternative form of treatment does Pammy try?
(b) Colon cleanse
(d) Medicinal marijuana
12. How does Anne feel when Pammy and her husband go away for a week?
(a) Somewhat grateful
13. What does Pammy manage relatively easily?
(a) Writing a book
(b) Her first round of chemotherapy
(c) Being a foster parent
(d) Learning to speak French
14. What does Pammy bring when she visits Anne one day?
(a) A bottle of wine
(b) A chicken casserole
(c) Tickets to a play
(d) Sorbet and a magazine
15. What kind of baby does Anne think Sam is?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Sam in Part 8?
2. What is learned about Pammy in Part 9?
3. How many years ago did Anne's father die?
4. What can be determined by Anne in this chapter?
5. What does Anne contemplate continuing until Sam goes to kindergarten?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)