|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Sam does Anne constantly worry about?
(a) His health
(b) His dexterity
(c) His food
(d) His emotions
2. What illness do Anne and Sam have?
(a) Ear infections
(b) Strep throat
3. Why does Anne resist her urges to drink or get high?
(a) Because she needs to be a good mother to Sam
(b) She can't find a good babysitter
(c) She doesn't have anybody to do it with
(d) She fears her mother's censure
4. Who watches Sam while Anne and Pammy are out?
(a) Anne's mother
(b) Anne's neighbor
(c) Anne's brother
(d) Anne's nanny
5. What does Anne consider important in her life?
(a) Earning more money
(b) Getting a bigger house
(c) Writing another book
(d) The fact that she continually tries
6. What worry still seems to plague Anne?
(a) Not having enough money
(b) Sam's college fund
(c) Her mother's dementia
(d) Sam's lack of a father figure
7. Why does Anne stop seeing a man she had been attracted to?
(a) He is a Republican
(b) He is too old
(c) He is lazy
(d) He is unstable
8. What do Anne and Pammy fear?
(a) That Pammy will have to move to a warmer climate
(b) That Anne will get the same thing Pammy has
(c) That Pammy will lose her faith
(d) That Pammy will not be around to watch Sam grow up
9. Why does Anne go to dinner with friends?
(a) To get adult conversation
(b) To do a food review
(c) To drink
(d) To get out of the house
10. What illness is Pammy stricken with?
(a) Heart disease
(d) Breast cancer
11. How is Anne handling her father's death?
(a) She is still in denial
(b) She will never get over losing him
(c) She is still grieving for him
(d) She has accepted the loss
12. How does Anne feel when she goes out with friends?
(a) She is grateful for a break from Sam
(b) She is too tempted to drink
(c) She misses Sam
(d) She never wants to go home
13. What causes Anne to feel guilty?
(a) Leaving Sam with a babysitter
(b) Having any fun when Pammy is so sick
(c) Buying new clothes
(d) Eating out too much
14. Who regularly gets to spend time with Sam?
(a) Anne's neighbor
(b) Anne's mother
(c) Anne's father
(d) Anne's brother
15. Who is Megan?
(a) Anne's editor
(b) Anne's writing student
(c) Sam's babysitter
(d) Pammy's daughter
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne contemplate continuing until Sam goes to kindergarten?
2. What does Pammy manage relatively easily?
3. What does Anne crave?
4. How does Anne view every little illness or injury Sam sustains?
5. What is Sam's eating style?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)