|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anne recalls that her brother had to write a school report on what subject?
(b) Thomas Edison
(d) British royalty
2. What does Anne consider Sam's presence in her life to be?
(a) A nuisance
(b) A chore
(c) A mistake
(d) A miracle
3. How has Sam changed the relationship between Anne and her mother?
(a) There is no change
(b) It is improved
(c) It is about the same
(d) It is strained
4. What does Pammy manage relatively easily?
(a) Learning to speak French
(b) Writing a book
(c) Her first round of chemotherapy
(d) Being a foster parent
5. What does Pammy bring when she comes for a visit?
6. What is Pammy's frame of mind?
7. What does Anne recall loving during her childhood?
(a) The beach
(d) Ice cream
8. What does the month of July mark for Anne?
(a) Six years of writing professionally
(b) Two years of home ownership
(c) One year of celibacy
(d) Four years of sobriety
9. What does Anne do to manage the news about Pammy?
(a) Goes into denial
(b) Looks up information
(c) Focuses on Sam
(d) Starts drinking again
10. In what direction does Sam crawl?
(c) In circles
11. What is Anne battling?
(c) Rude neighbors
(d) The IRS
12. How is Anne handling her father's death?
(a) She will never get over losing him
(b) She is still in denial
(c) She has accepted the loss
(d) She is still grieving for him
13. What illness do Anne and Sam have?
(b) Strep throat
(d) Ear infections
14. How does Pammy seem when she returns home?
(c) Pale and wan
15. What accomplishment does Sam achieve in Part 11?
(a) He can skip
(b) He can drink from a cup
(c) He can say sentences
(d) He gets his first tooth
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne tell Sam about one night as she nurses him?
2. What does Anne realize about any relationships she will have in her life?
3. What is Sam's latest accomplishment?
4. What is Anne's state of mind in Part 12?
5. What does Anne instinctively know about Pammy?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)