|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What worry still seems to plague Anne?
(a) Her mother's dementia
(b) Sam's lack of a father figure
(c) Sam's college fund
(d) Not having enough money
2. Who is Megan?
(a) Anne's editor
(b) Sam's babysitter
(c) Anne's writing student
(d) Pammy's daughter
3. What is Anne's state of mind in Part 11?
(a) Barely hanging on
4. What does Pammy learn about her disease?
(a) She is cured
(b) It is in remission
(c) The cancer has spread to six lymph nodes
(d) It is terminal
5. What accomplishment does Sam achieve in Part 11?
(a) He gets his first tooth
(b) He can drink from a cup
(c) He can skip
(d) He can say sentences
6. What does Anne realize about any relationships she will have in her life?
(a) Sam will likely have an emotional stake in them too
(b) Sam will have to give approval of any man she dates
(c) Sam will always come first
(d) Sam will probably not like any man she does
7. How is Anne handling her father's death?
(a) She has accepted the loss
(b) She is still in denial
(c) She will never get over losing him
(d) She is still grieving for him
8. What lesson could Anne learn from Pammy?
(a) Save more money each month
(b) Don't be too concerned about what may happen
(c) Get better health insurance
(d) Makeup makes you feel better even if you're sick
9. What does Pammy bring when she comes for a visit?
10. What is Anne trying to avoid with her coping mechanism?
(a) Deep despair
(c) Ignoring Sam
(d) Post Partum Depression
11. What is the state of Pammy's health in Part 12?
(a) She is in remission
(b) She is deteriorating rapidly
(c) She is tired but stable
(d) She is cured
12. How does Anne feel when she goes out with friends?
(a) She is grateful for a break from Sam
(b) She is too tempted to drink
(c) She never wants to go home
(d) She misses Sam
13. What kind of baby does Anne think Sam is?
14. What illness is Pammy stricken with?
(b) Heart disease
(d) Breast cancer
15. How old is Sam in Part 8?
(a) Six months old
(b) One year old
(c) Nine months old
(d) Three months old
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sam's latest accomplishment?
2. Who watches Sam while Anne and Pammy are out?
3. Who helps Anne resist her cravings?
4. How old is Anne on her birthday this month?
5. In what month are the entries for Part 11 written?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)