|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sam's latest accomplishment?
(a) He is standing
(b) He is counting
(c) He is skipping
(d) He is talking
2. What quality of Pammy's would Anne miss the most if Pammy were gone?
(d) High energy
3. What does Anne wonder as she watches Sam crawl?
(a) If he will be a good reader
(b) What his future will hold
(c) If the floor is clean
(d) If he will bump his head on a table
4. Who is Megan?
(a) Anne's writing student
(b) Anne's editor
(c) Sam's babysitter
(d) Pammy's daughter
5. How does Pammy seem when she returns home?
(d) Pale and wan
6. How is Anne handling her father's death?
(a) She is still in denial
(b) She is still grieving for him
(c) She will never get over losing him
(d) She has accepted the loss
7. What does Anne instinctively know about Pammy?
(a) She will go into remission
(b) She will battle the disease for a long time
(c) She will succumb to her illness
(d) She will be cured
8. Who regularly gets to spend time with Sam?
(a) Anne's brother
(b) Anne's mother
(c) Anne's neighbor
(d) Anne's father
9. What does Anne consider Sam's presence in her life to be?
(a) A chore
(b) A nuisance
(c) A miracle
(d) A mistake
10. What does Anne contemplate continuing until Sam goes to kindergarten?
(b) Giving him finger foods
(c) Sleeping with him
(d) Letting him have a pacifier
11. What about Sam does Anne constantly worry about?
(a) His dexterity
(b) His emotions
(c) His health
(d) His food
12. Anne feels as if everything she owns is _____________.
(b) Worn out
(c) A gift
13. What is Anne's state of mind in Part 12?
(a) She is an emotional wreck
(b) She is euphoric
(c) She is optimistic
(d) She is stable
14. How old is Anne on her birthday this month?
15. What is Anne lacking the motivation to do?
(a) Lose weight
(c) Clean the bathroom
(d) Paint the living room
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness is Pammy stricken with?
2. What does the month of July mark for Anne?
3. Who helps Anne resist her cravings?
4. Who else's birthday falls in this month?
5. What does Pammy spend a lot of time doing lately?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)