|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years ago did Anne's father die?
2. Pammy tells Anne that she ______________________________.
(a) Has made out her will
(b) Lives in the moment
(c) Is going to hospice
(d) Is terrified of dying
3. What is beginning to wear on Anne?
(a) The routine and sameness of her life
(b) The responsibilities of motherhood
(c) Not being in a relationship
(d) Not going to the office anymore
4. How is Anne handling her father's death?
(a) She is still grieving for him
(b) She will never get over losing him
(c) She has accepted the loss
(d) She is still in denial
5. What does Anne consider important in her life?
(a) Getting a bigger house
(b) Earning more money
(c) The fact that she continually tries
(d) Writing another book
6. What does Pammy manage relatively easily?
(a) Writing a book
(b) Learning to speak French
(c) Being a foster parent
(d) Her first round of chemotherapy
7. How has Sam changed the relationship between Anne and her mother?
(a) It is strained
(b) It is improved
(c) There is no change
(d) It is about the same
8. Why does Anne resist her urges to drink or get high?
(a) She can't find a good babysitter
(b) She fears her mother's censure
(c) She doesn't have anybody to do it with
(d) Because she needs to be a good mother to Sam
9. How old is Anne on her birthday this month?
10. What can be determined by Anne in this chapter?
(a) She has no more addiction urges
(b) She will always be in recovery for substance abuse
(c) She is not cut out to be a mother
(d) She would give up Sam for a good man
11. What is Anne battling?
(b) The IRS
(c) Rude neighbors
12. What is the state of Pammy's health in Part 12?
(a) She is in remission
(b) She is cured
(c) She is tired but stable
(d) She is deteriorating rapidly
13. How does Anne feel when Pammy and her husband go away for a week?
(c) Somewhat grateful
14. What is Anne lacking the motivation to do?
(b) Clean the bathroom
(c) Lose weight
(d) Paint the living room
15. Who watches Sam while Anne and Pammy are out?
(a) Anne's brother
(b) Anne's mother
(c) Anne's neighbor
(d) Anne's nanny
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne contemplate continuing until Sam goes to kindergarten?
2. Who regularly gets to spend time with Sam?
3. What quality of Pammy's would Anne miss the most if Pammy were gone?
4. What is Anne's state of mind in Part 11?
5. In what month are the diary entries for Part 7 written?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)