|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anne's state of mind in Part 12?
(a) She is stable
(b) She is optimistic
(c) She is euphoric
(d) She is an emotional wreck
2. In what month are the entries for Part 11 written?
3. How is Anne handling her father's death?
(a) She is still grieving for him
(b) She has accepted the loss
(c) She is still in denial
(d) She will never get over losing him
4. Who else's birthday falls in this month?
(b) Anne's mother
(c) Anne's brother
(d) Anne's deceased father
5. What kind of baby does Anne think Sam is?
6. What is Anne lacking the motivation to do?
(a) Lose weight
(b) Clean the bathroom
(d) Paint the living room
7. Anne feels as if everything she owns is _____________.
(c) Worn out
(d) A gift
8. What does Anne wonder as she watches Sam crawl?
(a) If he will be a good reader
(b) If he will bump his head on a table
(c) If the floor is clean
(d) What his future will hold
9. Who regularly gets to spend time with Sam?
(a) Anne's mother
(b) Anne's father
(c) Anne's brother
(d) Anne's neighbor
10. What does Anne tell Sam about one night as she nurses him?
(a) What his father was like
(b) What her life used to be like
(c) What his grandfather was like
(d) What his future can be
11. How are the entries in this part best characterized?
(a) Low energy and depressed
(b) Sullen and angry
(c) Exuberant and enthusiastic
(d) Spiritual and introspective
12. What is the state of Pammy's health in Part 12?
(a) She is tired but stable
(b) She is deteriorating rapidly
(c) She is cured
(d) She is in remission
13. What about Sam does Anne constantly worry about?
(a) His emotions
(b) His food
(c) His health
(d) His dexterity
14. What do Anne and Pammy fear?
(a) That Pammy will not be around to watch Sam grow up
(b) That Pammy will lose her faith
(c) That Pammy will have to move to a warmer climate
(d) That Anne will get the same thing Pammy has
15. What does Anne do to manage the news about Pammy?
(a) Focuses on Sam
(b) Goes into denial
(c) Starts drinking again
(d) Looks up information
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Anne and Pammy spend the afternoon?
2. How does Anne view every little illness or injury Sam sustains?
3. What happens to Pammy after her visit with Anne and Sam?
4. What does Anne realize about any relationships she will have in her life?
5. How old is Sam in Part 8?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)