|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is beginning to wear on Anne?
(a) The responsibilities of motherhood
(b) The routine and sameness of her life
(c) Not going to the office anymore
(d) Not being in a relationship
2. What do Anne and Pammy use to escape Pammy's illness?
(c) Day trips
3. What does the month of July mark for Anne?
(a) Six years of writing professionally
(b) One year of celibacy
(c) Two years of home ownership
(d) Four years of sobriety
4. What does Anne tell Sam about one night as she nurses him?
(a) What his future can be
(b) What his grandfather was like
(c) What his father was like
(d) What her life used to be like
5. What does Pammy bring when she visits Anne one day?
(a) A chicken casserole
(b) Sorbet and a magazine
(c) A bottle of wine
(d) Tickets to a play
6. Who regularly gets to spend time with Sam?
(a) Anne's neighbor
(b) Anne's brother
(c) Anne's father
(d) Anne's mother
7. What does Anne recall loving during her childhood?
(b) The beach
(d) Ice cream
8. How does Anne feel when Pammy and her husband go away for a week?
(b) Somewhat grateful
9. Why does Anne go to dinner with friends?
(a) To drink
(b) To get adult conversation
(c) To get out of the house
(d) To do a food review
10. Why does Anne resist her urges to drink or get high?
(a) She doesn't have anybody to do it with
(b) Because she needs to be a good mother to Sam
(c) She can't find a good babysitter
(d) She fears her mother's censure
11. What quality of Pammy's would Anne miss the most if Pammy were gone?
(a) High energy
12. How many years ago did Anne's father die?
13. What surprises Anne about Sam lately?
(a) How much he looks liker her father
(b) How fast he can crawl
(c) How vocal he is
(d) How much he looks like her
14. Anne recalls that her brother had to write a school report on what subject?
(a) British royalty
(c) Thomas Edison
15. How does Anne view every little illness or injury Sam sustains?
(a) It will develop into a life-threatening situation
(b) It is nothing to get worked up about
(c) It will pass soon enough
(d) It can be managed through prayer
Short Answer Questions
1. In what direction does Sam crawl?
2. What does Pammy learn about her disease?
3. What is new about Sam's eating habits?
4. What is the state of Pammy's health in Part 12?
5. What does Pammy bring when she comes for a visit?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)