|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anne feel when Pammy and her husband go away for a week?
(b) Somewhat grateful
2. What does Anne recall loving during her childhood?
(a) Ice cream
(d) The beach
3. What does Anne instinctively know about Pammy?
(a) She will go into remission
(b) She will be cured
(c) She will succumb to her illness
(d) She will battle the disease for a long time
4. What is the state of Pammy's health in Part 12?
(a) She is in remission
(b) She is cured
(c) She is tired but stable
(d) She is deteriorating rapidly
5. Why does Anne stop seeing a man she had been attracted to?
(a) He is unstable
(b) He is lazy
(c) He is a Republican
(d) He is too old
6. What does the month of July mark for Anne?
(a) Six years of writing professionally
(b) One year of celibacy
(c) Two years of home ownership
(d) Four years of sobriety
7. What is Anne lacking the motivation to do?
(a) Clean the bathroom
(b) Paint the living room
(c) Lose weight
8. What does Anne tell Sam about one night as she nurses him?
(a) What his future can be
(b) What his grandfather was like
(c) What her life used to be like
(d) What his father was like
9. What does Pammy bring when she comes for a visit?
10. What does Anne do to manage the news about Pammy?
(a) Starts drinking again
(b) Goes into denial
(c) Looks up information
(d) Focuses on Sam
11. Why does Anne go to dinner with friends?
(a) To drink
(b) To get out of the house
(c) To do a food review
(d) To get adult conversation
12. What does Anne consider Sam's presence in her life to be?
(a) A chore
(b) A miracle
(c) A nuisance
(d) A mistake
13. How many years ago did Anne's father die?
14. What about Sam does Anne constantly worry about?
(a) His emotions
(b) His dexterity
(c) His health
(d) His food
15. What does Anne consider important in her life?
(a) Writing another book
(b) Getting a bigger house
(c) Earning more money
(d) The fact that she continually tries
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Sam changed the relationship between Anne and her mother?
2. What does Anne crave?
3. What does Pammy learn about her disease?
4. How does Pammy seem when she returns home?
5. In what month are the diary entries for Part 7 written?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)