|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anne feel when Pammy and her husband go away for a week?
(b) Somewhat grateful
2. Who else's birthday falls in this month?
(b) Anne's brother
(c) Anne's mother
(d) Anne's deceased father
3. What quality of Pammy's would Anne miss the most if Pammy were gone?
(c) High energy
4. What does Anne realize about any relationships she will have in her life?
(a) Sam will probably not like any man she does
(b) Sam will have to give approval of any man she dates
(c) Sam will always come first
(d) Sam will likely have an emotional stake in them too
5. What is Anne lacking the motivation to do?
(a) Clean the bathroom
(c) Lose weight
(d) Paint the living room
6. How are the entries in this part best characterized?
(a) Sullen and angry
(b) Low energy and depressed
(c) Exuberant and enthusiastic
(d) Spiritual and introspective
7. What is Sam's latest accomplishment?
(a) He is talking
(b) He is standing
(c) He is skipping
(d) He is counting
8. What illness is Pammy stricken with?
(a) Breast cancer
(c) Heart disease
9. What causes Anne to feel guilty?
(a) Eating out too much
(b) Buying new clothes
(c) Having any fun when Pammy is so sick
(d) Leaving Sam with a babysitter
10. What does Anne recall loving during her childhood?
(a) Ice cream
(b) The beach
11. What does Anne tell Sam about one night as she nurses him?
(a) What her life used to be like
(b) What his future can be
(c) What his father was like
(d) What his grandfather was like
12. What does Anne do to manage the news about Pammy?
(a) Starts drinking again
(b) Looks up information
(c) Goes into denial
(d) Focuses on Sam
13. Why does Anne resist her urges to drink or get high?
(a) She fears her mother's censure
(b) Because she needs to be a good mother to Sam
(c) She doesn't have anybody to do it with
(d) She can't find a good babysitter
14. What is new about Sam's eating habits?
(a) He spits up everything
(b) He can eat solid foods
(c) He loves fruit smoothies
(d) He is drinking from a bottle
15. What can be determined by Anne in this chapter?
(a) She is not cut out to be a mother
(b) She would give up Sam for a good man
(c) She has no more addiction urges
(d) She will always be in recovery for substance abuse
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Pammy after her visit with Anne and Sam?
2. How has Sam changed the relationship between Anne and her mother?
3. Who regularly gets to spend time with Sam?
4. What does Pammy bring when she comes for a visit?
5. What accomplishment does Sam achieve in Part 11?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)