|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who regularly gets to spend time with Sam?
(a) Anne's brother
(b) Anne's father
(c) Anne's mother
(d) Anne's neighbor
2. What is Anne's state of mind in Part 12?
(a) She is stable
(b) She is an emotional wreck
(c) She is euphoric
(d) She is optimistic
3. What physical achievement has Sam reached?
(a) He is skipping
(b) He can sit up by himself
(c) He is talking
(d) He is walking
4. What do Anne and Pammy fear?
(a) That Anne will get the same thing Pammy has
(b) That Pammy will lose her faith
(c) That Pammy will not be around to watch Sam grow up
(d) That Pammy will have to move to a warmer climate
5. How are the entries in this part best characterized?
(a) Spiritual and introspective
(b) Low energy and depressed
(c) Exuberant and enthusiastic
(d) Sullen and angry
6. Pammy tells Anne that she ______________________________.
(a) Has made out her will
(b) Is going to hospice
(c) Is terrified of dying
(d) Lives in the moment
7. What happens to Pammy after her visit with Anne and Sam?
(a) She gets sick too
(b) She goes to the hospital
(c) She goes to hospice
(d) She decides never to return
8. What is the nature of the disease?
(c) Slow growing
9. Anne recalls that her brother had to write a school report on what subject?
(a) Thomas Edison
(b) British royalty
10. Where do Anne and Pammy spend the afternoon?
(a) Going shopping
(b) The day spa
(c) The beauty salon
(d) At the movies
11. What causes Anne to feel guilty?
(a) Buying new clothes
(b) Having any fun when Pammy is so sick
(c) Eating out too much
(d) Leaving Sam with a babysitter
12. What quality of Pammy's would Anne miss the most if Pammy were gone?
(a) High energy
13. What worry still seems to plague Anne?
(a) Her mother's dementia
(b) Sam's lack of a father figure
(c) Not having enough money
(d) Sam's college fund
14. What does Pammy bring when she comes for a visit?
15. What does Anne contemplate continuing until Sam goes to kindergarten?
(a) Giving him finger foods
(b) Letting him have a pacifier
(c) Sleeping with him
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of baby does Anne think Sam is?
2. How many years ago did Anne's father die?
3. What is beginning to wear on Anne?
4. What does Pammy manage relatively easily?
5. What does Anne recall loving during her childhood?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)