|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pammy bring when she comes for a visit?
2. What is Anne lacking the motivation to do?
(a) Clean the bathroom
(c) Paint the living room
(d) Lose weight
3. What does Anne do to manage the news about Pammy?
(a) Starts drinking again
(b) Goes into denial
(c) Focuses on Sam
(d) Looks up information
4. What happens to Pammy after her visit with Anne and Sam?
(a) She decides never to return
(b) She goes to hospice
(c) She gets sick too
(d) She goes to the hospital
5. How does Anne view every little illness or injury Sam sustains?
(a) It can be managed through prayer
(b) It is nothing to get worked up about
(c) It will pass soon enough
(d) It will develop into a life-threatening situation
6. Anne recalls that her brother had to write a school report on what subject?
(b) Thomas Edison
(c) British royalty
7. What does Anne realize about any relationships she will have in her life?
(a) Sam will probably not like any man she does
(b) Sam will have to give approval of any man she dates
(c) Sam will always come first
(d) Sam will likely have an emotional stake in them too
8. What is Pammy's frame of mind?
9. What does Pammy bring when she visits Anne one day?
(a) A bottle of wine
(b) Sorbet and a magazine
(c) Tickets to a play
(d) A chicken casserole
10. Who is Megan?
(a) Anne's writing student
(b) Sam's babysitter
(c) Anne's editor
(d) Pammy's daughter
11. What causes Anne to feel guilty?
(a) Having any fun when Pammy is so sick
(b) Eating out too much
(c) Buying new clothes
(d) Leaving Sam with a babysitter
12. What is beginning to wear on Anne?
(a) Not being in a relationship
(b) The routine and sameness of her life
(c) The responsibilities of motherhood
(d) Not going to the office anymore
13. What does Anne consider important in her life?
(a) Writing another book
(b) Getting a bigger house
(c) The fact that she continually tries
(d) Earning more money
14. What kind of baby does Anne think Sam is?
15. How are the entries in this part best characterized?
(a) Sullen and angry
(b) Exuberant and enthusiastic
(c) Low energy and depressed
(d) Spiritual and introspective
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anne battling?
2. Where does Sam seem to enjoy babbling and making noises?
3. Why does Anne go to dinner with friends?
4. What is the state of Pammy's health in Part 12?
5. In what direction does Sam crawl?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)