|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lesson could Anne learn from Pammy?
(a) Save more money each month
(b) Makeup makes you feel better even if you're sick
(c) Don't be too concerned about what may happen
(d) Get better health insurance
2. What does the month of July mark for Anne?
(a) One year of celibacy
(b) Two years of home ownership
(c) Four years of sobriety
(d) Six years of writing professionally
3. What is Anne trying to avoid with her coping mechanism?
(a) Ignoring Sam
(c) Post Partum Depression
(d) Deep despair
4. Who is Megan?
(a) Anne's writing student
(b) Anne's editor
(c) Pammy's daughter
(d) Sam's babysitter
5. Who regularly gets to spend time with Sam?
(a) Anne's neighbor
(b) Anne's father
(c) Anne's brother
(d) Anne's mother
6. What does Anne crave?
(b) Cocaine and alcohol
(c) Ice cream
7. What is Sam's eating style?
8. What do Anne and Pammy fear?
(a) That Anne will get the same thing Pammy has
(b) That Pammy will have to move to a warmer climate
(c) That Pammy will lose her faith
(d) That Pammy will not be around to watch Sam grow up
9. What illness is Pammy stricken with?
(b) Heart disease
(d) Breast cancer
10. What does Anne wonder as she watches Sam crawl?
(a) If he will bump his head on a table
(b) What his future will hold
(c) If the floor is clean
(d) If he will be a good reader
11. Where do Anne and Pammy spend the afternoon?
(a) Going shopping
(b) The day spa
(c) The beauty salon
(d) At the movies
12. How does Anne feel when she goes out with friends?
(a) She is grateful for a break from Sam
(b) She never wants to go home
(c) She is too tempted to drink
(d) She misses Sam
13. How old is Anne on her birthday this month?
14. What is learned about Pammy in Part 9?
(a) She has cancer
(b) She is pregnant
(c) She has a new job
(d) She is moving
15. What is Anne battling?
(b) The IRS
(c) Rude neighbors
Short Answer Questions
1. Anne recalls that her brother had to write a school report on what subject?
2. What about Sam does Anne constantly worry about?
3. What physical achievement has Sam reached?
4. Why does Anne stop seeing a man she had been attracted to?
5. What is the state of Pammy's health in Part 12?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)