|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne wonder as she watches Sam crawl?
(a) If the floor is clean
(b) If he will bump his head on a table
(c) If he will be a good reader
(d) What his future will hold
2. What is Anne's state of mind in Part 12?
(a) She is an emotional wreck
(b) She is optimistic
(c) She is euphoric
(d) She is stable
3. What does Pammy bring when she visits Anne one day?
(a) Tickets to a play
(b) A bottle of wine
(c) A chicken casserole
(d) Sorbet and a magazine
4. What does Anne contemplate continuing until Sam goes to kindergarten?
(a) Giving him finger foods
(b) Sleeping with him
(c) Letting him have a pacifier
5. What is the nature of the disease?
(a) Slow growing
6. What does Pammy manage relatively easily?
(a) Being a foster parent
(b) Her first round of chemotherapy
(c) Writing a book
(d) Learning to speak French
7. What does Anne tell Sam about one night as she nurses him?
(a) What her life used to be like
(b) What his grandfather was like
(c) What his father was like
(d) What his future can be
8. What alternative form of treatment does Pammy try?
(a) Colon cleanse
(c) Medicinal marijuana
9. Why does Anne go to dinner with friends?
(a) To do a food review
(b) To get adult conversation
(c) To drink
(d) To get out of the house
10. What does Anne consider important in her life?
(a) Getting a bigger house
(b) Writing another book
(c) The fact that she continually tries
(d) Earning more money
11. Who watches Sam while Anne and Pammy are out?
(a) Anne's neighbor
(b) Anne's mother
(c) Anne's brother
(d) Anne's nanny
12. What do Anne and Pammy fear?
(a) That Pammy will have to move to a warmer climate
(b) That Pammy will lose her faith
(c) That Pammy will not be around to watch Sam grow up
(d) That Anne will get the same thing Pammy has
13. What physical achievement has Sam reached?
(a) He is skipping
(b) He can sit up by himself
(c) He is talking
(d) He is walking
14. What lesson could Anne learn from Pammy?
(a) Makeup makes you feel better even if you're sick
(b) Don't be too concerned about what may happen
(c) Get better health insurance
(d) Save more money each month
15. What is Anne battling?
(b) The IRS
(d) Rude neighbors
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne recall loving during her childhood?
2. What does the month of July mark for Anne?
3. How does Pammy seem when she returns home?
4. What is Sam's eating style?
5. How does Anne view every little illness or injury Sam sustains?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)