|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city is Anne's baby born?
(b) Los Angeles
(c) San Francisco
2. What is Anne doing when Sam laughs for the first time?
(a) Making funny faces
(b) Changing Sam's diaper
(c) Bathing Sam
3. In addition to Pammy, who serves as a labor coach for Anne
(a) Her friend, Alice
(b) Her neighbor
(c) Her mother
(d) Her brother, Steve
4. Who is not thrilled about Sam's arrival?
(a) Anne's father
(b) Anne's cat
(c) Sam's biological father
(d) The next door neighbors
5. In what month do the entries in Part 3 occur?
6. What is a major characteristic of Anne's writing style?
7. Who does Anne call about her breastfeeding issues?
(a) Her obstetrician
(b) The La Leche League
(c) Her mother
8. What does Anne admit is one of her worst personality traits?
9. Anne has finally learned that she must ____________________________.
(a) Get Sam to sleep through the night
(b) Get a nanny
(c) Ask people for help
(d) Go back to work
10. From what disease did Anne's father die?
(a) Brain cancer
(b) Lung cancer
(c) Colon cancer
(d) Pancreatic cancer
11. What is Anne's greatest fear about having a child?
(a) That she cannot answer questions about religion
(b) That she cannot send him to college
(c) That he will have to live through seventh and eighth grades
(d) That she does not have enough money
12. What does Anne think about Sam at this point?
(a) She is having second thoughts about being a mother
(b) She wants more children because of the experience
(c) She wishes someone would take him for awhile
(d) She cannot imagine life without him
13. In what month are the journal entries for Part 6 written?
14. What is occurring that allows Anne to feel more centered?
(a) Anne's mother has moved in
(b) Sam's father has returned
(c) Sam is sleeping through the night
(d) Anne gets a better paying job
15. To what does Anne attribute some of Sam's colicky behavior?
(a) Her former addictions
(b) Her Type A personality
(c) Her anxiety about raising him
(d) The noisy neighbors
Short Answer Questions
1. Anne cannot imagine going through the experience of having Sam without _____________.
2. What is Anne's idea of normal for a family?
3. What is the content of the book?
4. What is one of the things that does not frighten Anne about her pregnancy?
5. What does Anne show Sam in a store window?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)