|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne think about Sam at this point?
(a) She wishes someone would take him for awhile
(b) She wants more children because of the experience
(c) She cannot imagine life without him
(d) She is having second thoughts about being a mother
2. How old is Sam when he finally sleeps through the night?
(a) 30 weeks
(b) 3 weeks
(c) 30 days
(d) 3 months
3. Other than Sam, Anne is tremendously grateful for _____________________.
(a) A loyal network of family and friends
(b) A royalty check
(c) Cable TV
(d) Maternity leave
4. When does Anne have a birthday celebration for Sam?
(a) When he is one month old
(b) When he is one year old
(c) When he is three weeks old
(d) When he is six months old
5. In what month do the entries in Part 3 occur?
6. What is Anne doing when Sam laughs for the first time?
(a) Changing Sam's diaper
(c) Bathing Sam
(d) Making funny faces
7. What suggestion from the doctor does Anne resist about Sam's colic?
(a) Using a vaporizer
(b) Medicating him
(c) Letting him cry
(d) Feeding him
8. Who supports Anne emotionally during her early pregnancy?
(a) Her old tennis coach
(b) The best friend of the man who abandoned her
(c) Her writing workshop student
(d) An old boyfriend who never wanted children
9. When an associate pastor from her church comes to help, what does he do to help Anne?
(a) Cleans the bathroom
(b) Does the laundry
(c) Loads the dishwasher
(d) Changes the oil in the car
10. What has Sam's father recently done?
(a) Filed a legal petition denying paternity
(b) Sent Anne some money for Sam's care
(c) Told Anne he wants to be involved in Sam's life
(d) Had dinner with Anne and played with Sam
11. Where is Sam baptized?
(a) St. Aloysius Church
(b) St. Andrews Church
(c) St. Anne's Church
(d) First Presbyterian Church
12. What is occurring that allows Anne to feel more centered?
(a) Anne's mother has moved in
(b) Anne gets a better paying job
(c) Sam is sleeping through the night
(d) Sam's father has returned
13. What does Anne finally realize about her life?
(a) That the loneliness will never totally go away
(b) That she has a lot of pent-up anger
(c) That she needs to make some major changes
(d) That she is lucky to have survived
14. What does Anne indulge in?
(a) Halloween candy
(c) Jelly Beans
15. Operating Instructions is based on______________________.
(a) A focus group
(b) Taped conversations
(c) A series of diary entries
(d) Therapy sessions
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city is Anne's baby born?
2. Where is Sam's father?
3. Anne has finally learned that she must ____________________________.
4. To what does Anne attribute some of Sam's colicky behavior?
5. What does Anne wish on New Year's Eve?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)