|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne wish on New Year's Eve?
(a) That she will find a new job
(b) That Sam's father will return
(c) That she will fall in love soon
(d) That she can focus more on the present instead of worrying so much
2. What is one of the things that does not frighten Anne about her pregnancy?
(a) Morning sickness
3. What was Anne's mother's reaction to Anne's pregnancy?
(a) She was angry
(b) She was disappointed
(c) She was shocked
(d) She was thrilled
4. How does Anne know she is strong enough to raise a child now?
(a) She enjoys different experiences
(b) She has battled addictions and won
(c) She has more money
(d) She has a big house
5. What is Anne's core personality?
6. Why does Anne primarily want a husband?
(a) So she has someone to share Sam's experiences with
(b) So someone can support her and Sam
(c) So she will not grow old alone
(d) So she can have some adult conversation
7. What is a regret that Anne has during the Christmas season?
(a) That her father did not live long enough to meet Sam
(b) That she never joined the Peace Corps
(c) That she never had a ballet career
(d) That she never got her Master's Degree
8. How does Anne learn that she will keep the baby?
(a) After rescuing a baby in a dream
(b) After talking to her mother
(c) After going to an orphanage
(d) After talking to a priest
9. How does Anne ask God what she should do?
(a) Lights candles at church every morning
(b) Sends money to the missions
(c) Goes to church to pray
(d) Writes notes and puts them in a prayer box
10. Where does Anne host a post-Baptism party?
(a) A local restaurant
(b) A local park
(c) Pammy's house
(d) The beach
11. Anne has finally learned that she must ____________________________.
(a) Get a nanny
(b) Ask people for help
(c) Get Sam to sleep through the night
(d) Go back to work
12. What suggestion from the doctor does Anne resist about Sam's colic?
(a) Medicating him
(b) Letting him cry
(c) Using a vaporizer
(d) Feeding him
13. What is a major characteristic of Anne's writing style?
14. How does Anne think she might lose Sam?
(a) If she drinks any alcohol
(b) If she does not feed him
(c) If she doesn't get a bigger house
(d) If she does any drugs
15. How old is Anne when she is pregnant?
Short Answer Questions
1. As an adult, how did Anne deal with her childhood issues?
2. The diary entries in Part 2 encompass ___________________________ of Sam's life.
3. Where is Sam's father?
4. In what month are the journal entries for Part 6 written?
5. Who does Anne count on for support?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)