|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is not thrilled about Sam's arrival?
(a) The next door neighbors
(b) Anne's cat
(c) Sam's biological father
(d) Anne's father
2. Operating Instructions is based on______________________.
(a) Therapy sessions
(b) A focus group
(c) A series of diary entries
(d) Taped conversations
3. What does Anne indulge in?
(b) Jelly Beans
(d) Halloween candy
4. How did Anne spend the final months of her father's life?
(a) Out of the country
(c) Drunk or high
5. Where is Sam's father?
(a) He is in the army overseas
(b) He is out of town on business
(c) He walked away when he learned Anne was pregnant
(d) He is dead
6. What does Anne realize she needs to do in order to survive financially?
(a) Get a full-time job
(b) Sell some stocks
(c) Take on more freelance work
(d) Sell her house
7. Given her past, Anne is in disbelief that ________________________________.
(a) She can stay home every night
(b) She has been entrusted with the life of a child
(c) She can stay clean and sober
(d) She is not working all night
8. As an adult, how did Anne deal with her childhood issues?
(d) Substance abuse
9. What is a regret that Anne has during the Christmas season?
(a) That she never got her Master's Degree
(b) That she never had a ballet career
(c) That she never joined the Peace Corps
(d) That her father did not live long enough to meet Sam
10. What has Sam's father recently done?
(a) Filed a legal petition denying paternity
(b) Told Anne he wants to be involved in Sam's life
(c) Had dinner with Anne and played with Sam
(d) Sent Anne some money for Sam's care
11. What is Anne doing when Sam laughs for the first time?
(b) Bathing Sam
(c) Changing Sam's diaper
(d) Making funny faces
12. What are the party-goers impressed by?
(a) The food
(b) The champagne
(c) Anne's mothering abilities
(d) The band
13. What does Anne wish about Sam?
(a) That he were in school
(b) That he had more hair
(c) That he were a girl
(d) That he could stay in his current stage forever
14. What is the source of Anne's comfort during difficult times?
(a) Her faith in Jesus
(b) Her mother
(c) Her brother, Steve
(d) Her best friend, Pammy
15. When an associate pastor from her church comes to help, what does he do to help Anne?
(a) Loads the dishwasher
(b) Cleans the bathroom
(c) Does the laundry
(d) Changes the oil in the car
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens one day when Anne and Sam are sleeping?
2. What does Anne call her messages from God?
3. Where does Anne regularly take Sam?
4. The diary entries in Part 2 encompass ___________________________ of Sam's life.
5. What is the content of the book?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)