|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Anne and Sam sleep?
(a) In a double bed
(b) On the couch
(c) On a futon
(d) On the floor
2. What does Anne notice at this point in time?
(a) Sam is starting to talk
(b) Her body has returned to her pre-pregnancy state
(c) Motherhood has become easier
(d) Her mother is coming over more frequently
3. Given her past, Anne is in disbelief that ________________________________.
(a) She can stay clean and sober
(b) She can stay home every night
(c) She has been entrusted with the life of a child
(d) She is not working all night
4. How does Anne ask God what she should do?
(a) Lights candles at church every morning
(b) Writes notes and puts them in a prayer box
(c) Sends money to the missions
(d) Goes to church to pray
5. What is occurring that allows Anne to feel more centered?
(a) Anne's mother has moved in
(b) Sam's father has returned
(c) Anne gets a better paying job
(d) Sam is sleeping through the night
6. Where does Anne host a post-Baptism party?
(a) A local restaurant
(b) The beach
(c) Pammy's house
(d) A local park
7. What is Anne's core personality?
8. Why does Anne primarily want a husband?
(a) So she can have some adult conversation
(b) So she has someone to share Sam's experiences with
(c) So someone can support her and Sam
(d) So she will not grow old alone
9. What amazes Anne about her own body?
(a) That it can create another human
(b) That it can function on little sleep
(c) That it has gone back to normal size
(d) That it can nourish her child
10. How can Anne's emotions be defined at this point?
(d) Leveled out
11. To what does Anne compare her current life?
(a) Volunteering for the Special Olympics
(b) Going to the spa
(c) Studying for final exams
(d) Taking a month-long vacation in Mexico
12. What does Anne show Sam in a store window?
(a) Christmas decorations
(b) Her latest book
(c) A train
(d) A mannequin
13. What does the diary entry reveal?
(a) That Anne is about to become a single mother
(b) That there is an upcoming baby shower
(c) That Anne is painting the nursery
(d) That Anne has chosen a name for her baby
14. When is the initial diary entry made?
(a) Three months prior to Sam's birth
(b) On Sam's first birthday
(c) Three months after Sam's birth
(d) Three weeks before Sam's birth
15. What upset Anne about her pre-teen years?
(a) Coming from a poor family
(b) Peer pressure and loneliness
(c) Wearing braces
(d) Coming from a divorced family
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anne's greatest fear about having a child?
2. What is Anne's idea of normal for a family?
3. What does Anne wish on New Year's Eve?
4. What happens when Anne reads a story about the death of a small child?
5. Who is not thrilled about Sam's arrival?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)