|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the party-goers impressed by?
(a) Anne's mothering abilities
(b) The food
(c) The champagne
(d) The band
2. What has Sam's father recently done?
(a) Told Anne he wants to be involved in Sam's life
(b) Had dinner with Anne and played with Sam
(c) Filed a legal petition denying paternity
(d) Sent Anne some money for Sam's care
3. What type of parent will Anne soon become?
(a) Mother in a married couple
(b) Single parent
(c) Divorced mother
4. What is a regret that Anne has during the Christmas season?
(a) That her father did not live long enough to meet Sam
(b) That she never got her Master's Degree
(c) That she never had a ballet career
(d) That she never joined the Peace Corps
5. What does Anne admit is one of her worst personality traits?
6. How does Anne think she might lose Sam?
(a) If she drinks any alcohol
(b) If she doesn't get a bigger house
(c) If she does any drugs
(d) If she does not feed him
7. What does Anne wish on New Year's Eve?
(a) That she can focus more on the present instead of worrying so much
(b) That she will fall in love soon
(c) That she will find a new job
(d) That Sam's father will return
8. In what month do the entries in Part 3 occur?
9. What does Anne call her messages from God?
(a) Operating instructions
(b) Divine intervention
(d) Spiritual guidebook
10. What frightens Anne during a drive to the grocery store one day?
(a) Anne narrowly misses hitting a pedestrian
(b) The brakes on her car fail
(c) Sam is asleep and won't wake up
(d) Anne sees an accident occur ahead of her
11. The diary entries in Part 2 encompass ___________________________ of Sam's life.
(a) The first week
(b) The first month
(c) The second year
(d) The first year
12. What doe Anne long for?
(a) A husband or nanny
(b) Better health insurance
(c) A full night's sleep
(d) A new wardrobe
13. Anne resists the urge to eat ________________.
(a) A whole plate of nachos
(b) A bag of popcorn
(c) A box of doughnuts
(d) A gallon of ice cream
14. What is the source of Anne's comfort during difficult times?
(a) Her faith in Jesus
(b) Her best friend, Pammy
(c) Her brother, Steve
(d) Her mother
15. Who supports Anne emotionally during her early pregnancy?
(a) Her writing workshop student
(b) Her old tennis coach
(c) The best friend of the man who abandoned her
(d) An old boyfriend who never wanted children
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Anne and Sam sleep?
2. What is Anne's greatest fear about having a child?
3. The month in which the entries for Part 5 are written is ___________________.
4. What does Anne tell her therapist?
5. What does Anne realize she needs to do in order to survive financially?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)