|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Sam's father?
(a) He is out of town on business
(b) He walked away when he learned Anne was pregnant
(c) He is in the army overseas
(d) He is dead
2. How does Anne ask God what she should do?
(a) Sends money to the missions
(b) Writes notes and puts them in a prayer box
(c) Goes to church to pray
(d) Lights candles at church every morning
3. Where is Sam baptized?
(a) First Presbyterian Church
(b) St. Anne's Church
(c) St. Aloysius Church
(d) St. Andrews Church
4. Where do Anne and Sam sleep?
(a) On a futon
(b) In a double bed
(c) On the couch
(d) On the floor
5. When an associate pastor from her church comes to help, what does he do to help Anne?
(a) Loads the dishwasher
(b) Changes the oil in the car
(c) Cleans the bathroom
(d) Does the laundry
6. What is one of the things that does not frighten Anne about her pregnancy?
(a) Morning sickness
7. Given her past, Anne is in disbelief that ________________________________.
(a) She has been entrusted with the life of a child
(b) She is not working all night
(c) She can stay home every night
(d) She can stay clean and sober
8. What begins to change Anne's frantic moods from being so exhausted?
(a) Anne's mother takes Sam for a few days
(b) Anne hires a nanny
(c) Sam begins to smile
(d) Sam's colic goes away
9. With what is Sam afflicted?
(a) Down Syndrome
(d) Heart murmur
10. Who is Pammy?
(a) Anne's long-time friend
(b) Anne's sister
(c) Anne's mother
(d) Anne's neighbor
11. In what month do the entries in Part 3 occur?
12. What does Anne decide about her single-parent status?
(a) That it is only temporary
(b) That she should not be ashamed of it
(c) That she will work hard to change it
(d) That it is a cross she will have to bear
13. What does Anne tell her therapist?
(a) That she yearns to go back to work
(b) That she isn't good enough to have a husband
(c) That she still mourns for her father
(d) That sometimes she cannot tolerate her own baby
14. How does Anne learn that she will keep the baby?
(a) After going to an orphanage
(b) After talking to a priest
(c) After rescuing a baby in a dream
(d) After talking to her mother
15. What is the source of Anne's comfort during difficult times?
(a) Her mother
(b) Her best friend, Pammy
(c) Her faith in Jesus
(d) Her brother, Steve
Short Answer Questions
1. What doe Anne long for?
2. What does Anne think about the worries that most pregnant women have?
3. What are the party-goers impressed by?
4. In what city is Anne's baby born?
5. Operating Instructions is based on______________________.
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)