|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Anne reads a story about the death of a small child?
(a) She will not let anyone else hold Sam
(b) She inspects all of Sam's food
(c) She will not take Sam outside
(d) She thinks something terrible is going to happen to Sam
2. Who are Rex and Dudu?
(a) Pammy's dogs
(b) Long-time family friends who become grandparents to Sam
(c) Clowns at the circus
(d) Television show characters
3. How old is Anne when she is pregnant?
4. What was Anne's mother's reaction to Anne's pregnancy?
(a) She was thrilled
(b) She was disappointed
(c) She was shocked
(d) She was angry
5. In what month are the journal entries for Part 6 written?
6. From what disease did Anne's father die?
(a) Pancreatic cancer
(b) Brain cancer
(c) Lung cancer
(d) Colon cancer
7. Anne resists the urge to eat ________________.
(a) A gallon of ice cream
(b) A whole plate of nachos
(c) A bag of popcorn
(d) A box of doughnuts
8. What does Anne wish about Sam?
(a) That he were in school
(b) That he were a girl
(c) That he had more hair
(d) That he could stay in his current stage forever
9. In what month do the entries in Part 3 occur?
10. Who supports Anne emotionally during her early pregnancy?
(a) The best friend of the man who abandoned her
(b) Her writing workshop student
(c) Her old tennis coach
(d) An old boyfriend who never wanted children
11. Who does Anne count on for support?
12. Anne cannot imagine going through the experience of having Sam without _____________.
(a) Baby monitor
(c) Cable TV
13. What does Anne decide about her single-parent status?
(a) That it is only temporary
(b) That she will work hard to change it
(c) That she should not be ashamed of it
(d) That it is a cross she will have to bear
14. Why does Anne primarily want a husband?
(a) So she will not grow old alone
(b) So she can have some adult conversation
(c) So someone can support her and Sam
(d) So she has someone to share Sam's experiences with
15. What is a little unsettling for Anne?
(a) The fact that she is having twins
(b) The fact that she is having a boy
(c) The fact that she does not know who the baby's father is
(d) The fact that she does not have the finances to raise a child
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anne's idea of normal for a family?
2. What is a major characteristic of Anne's writing style?
3. With what is Sam afflicted?
4. What does Anne call her photo composition of a sonogram, Polaroid picture and crucifix?
5. What doe Anne long for?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)