|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Anne's mother's reaction to Anne's pregnancy?
(a) She was disappointed
(b) She was shocked
(c) She was thrilled
(d) She was angry
2. Anne cannot imagine going through the experience of having Sam without _____________.
(a) Cable TV
(b) Baby monitor
3. Who is Pammy?
(a) Anne's sister
(b) Anne's mother
(c) Anne's neighbor
(d) Anne's long-time friend
4. What is Anne given immediately after being admitted?
(b) Some gelatin
(c) An epidural
(d) A glass of water
5. What does Anne realize she needs to do in order to survive financially?
(a) Get a full-time job
(b) Sell some stocks
(c) Take on more freelance work
(d) Sell her house
6. In what month do the entries in Part 3 occur?
7. How does Anne learn that she will keep the baby?
(a) After rescuing a baby in a dream
(b) After talking to a priest
(c) After going to an orphanage
(d) After talking to her mother
8. What type of parent will Anne soon become?
(a) Single parent
(b) Divorced mother
(d) Mother in a married couple
9. Who is Brian?
(a) Anne's friend who becomes Sam's Big Brother
(b) Anne's editor
(c) Anne's butcher
(d) Anne's mechanic
10. What fear begins to emerge for Anne where Sam is concerned?
(a) Anne is afraid of California earthquakes
(b) Anne is afraid of losing her job
(c) Anne fears the world that Sam is destined to grow up in
(d) Anne is afraid of passing on bad genes
11. How old is Anne when she is pregnant?
12. What does Anne wish on New Year's Eve?
(a) That Sam's father will return
(b) That she will find a new job
(c) That she will fall in love soon
(d) That she can focus more on the present instead of worrying so much
13. In addition to Pammy, who serves as a labor coach for Anne
(a) Her friend, Alice
(b) Her mother
(c) Her neighbor
(d) Her brother, Steve
14. What does Anne finally realize about her life?
(a) That she has a lot of pent-up anger
(b) That she needs to make some major changes
(c) That the loneliness will never totally go away
(d) That she is lucky to have survived
15. What does Anne show Sam in a store window?
(a) Her latest book
(b) A train
(c) A mannequin
(d) Christmas decorations
Short Answer Questions
1. Anne has finally learned that she must ____________________________.
2. What is a major characteristic of Anne's writing style?
3. In what month are the journal entries for Part 6 written?
4. How can Anne's emotions be defined at this point?
5. What is the content of the book?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)