Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the diary entry reveal?
(a) That Anne has chosen a name for her baby
(b) That Anne is painting the nursery
(c) That there is an upcoming baby shower
(d) That Anne is about to become a single mother
2. Why does Anne primarily want a husband?
(a) So she has someone to share Sam's experiences with
(b) So she will not grow old alone
(c) So someone can support her and Sam
(d) So she can have some adult conversation
3. What is Anne given immediately after being admitted?
(a) An epidural
(b) Some gelatin
(d) A glass of water
4. What is Anne's greatest fear about having a boy?
(a) She has never been comfortable around males
(b) Whether or not she can bond with him
(c) How he will handle the responsibility of having a penis
(d) Finding someone to teach him how to play sports
5. To what does Anne compare her current life?
(a) Volunteering for the Special Olympics
(b) Studying for final exams
(c) Taking a month-long vacation in Mexico
(d) Going to the spa
6. What does Anne admit is one of her worst personality traits?
7. What does Anne call her messages from God?
(b) Divine intervention
(c) Operating instructions
(d) Spiritual guidebook
8. How does Anne ask God what she should do?
(a) Writes notes and puts them in a prayer box
(b) Sends money to the missions
(c) Goes to church to pray
(d) Lights candles at church every morning
9. What was Anne's mother's reaction to Anne's pregnancy?
(a) She was angry
(b) She was disappointed
(c) She was thrilled
(d) She was shocked
10. Who is Sam?
(a) The author's editor
(b) The author's neighbor
(c) The author's son
(d) A serial killer
11. What is Anne's greatest fear about having a child?
(a) That she cannot send him to college
(b) That she cannot answer questions about religion
(c) That she does not have enough money
(d) That he will have to live through seventh and eighth grades
12. With what is Sam afflicted?
(b) Heart murmur
(c) Down Syndrome
13. What does Anne finally realize about her life?
(a) That she is lucky to have survived
(b) That she needs to make some major changes
(c) That the loneliness will never totally go away
(d) That she has a lot of pent-up anger
14. What does Anne think about Sam at this point?
(a) She wants more children because of the experience
(b) She wishes someone would take him for awhile
(c) She cannot imagine life without him
(d) She is having second thoughts about being a mother
15. Where does Anne regularly take Sam?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of parent will Anne soon become?
2. When is the initial diary entry made?
3. How does Anne think she might lose Sam?
4. What is Anne's idea of normal for a family?
5. Sam's father wanted Anne to __________________________.
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)