|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Anne host a post-Baptism party?
(a) A local restaurant
(b) A local park
(c) The beach
(d) Pammy's house
2. With what is Sam afflicted?
(b) Heart murmur
(c) Down Syndrome
3. What is the source of Anne's comfort during difficult times?
(a) Her faith in Jesus
(b) Her mother
(c) Her best friend, Pammy
(d) Her brother, Steve
4. Operating Instructions is based on______________________.
(a) A series of diary entries
(b) Taped conversations
(c) A focus group
(d) Therapy sessions
5. What does Anne notice at this point in time?
(a) Her body has returned to her pre-pregnancy state
(b) Her mother is coming over more frequently
(c) Sam is starting to talk
(d) Motherhood has become easier
6. Anne cannot imagine going through the experience of having Sam without _____________.
(a) Baby monitor
(c) Cable TV
7. What worry does Anne carry around all the time?
(a) Financial concerns
(b) Sam's lack of a father
(c) Her mother's interference
(d) Health problems
8. Who does Anne call about her breastfeeding issues?
(a) Her mother
(b) Her obstetrician
(d) The La Leche League
9. How can Anne's emotions be defined at this point?
(c) Leveled out
10. To what does Anne compare her current life?
(a) Taking a month-long vacation in Mexico
(b) Volunteering for the Special Olympics
(c) Studying for final exams
(d) Going to the spa
11. Given her past, Anne is in disbelief that ________________________________.
(a) She can stay clean and sober
(b) She is not working all night
(c) She can stay home every night
(d) She has been entrusted with the life of a child
12. How does Anne describe her newborn son?
(a) "Small as a gnome"
(b) "Red as a strawberry"
(c) "Wrinkly as a breakfast prune"
(d) "The most beautiful thing I had ever seen"
13. To what does Anne attribute some of Sam's colicky behavior?
(a) The noisy neighbors
(b) Her anxiety about raising him
(c) Her former addictions
(d) Her Type A personality
14. What disappointment still continues to haunt Anne?
(a) That she does not have a husband
(b) That she never learned how to sew
(c) That she never danced in the ballet
(d) That she never lived in New York
15. In what city is Anne's baby born?
(a) San Francisco
(b) Los Angeles
Short Answer Questions
1. What begins to change Anne's frantic moods from being so exhausted?
2. What happens to relieve Anne's financial worries?
3. What amazes Anne about her own body?
4. What does Anne begin to feed Sam?
5. How does Anne learn that she will keep the baby?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)