|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When an associate pastor from her church comes to help, what does he do to help Anne?
(a) Changes the oil in the car
(b) Does the laundry
(c) Cleans the bathroom
(d) Loads the dishwasher
2. What does Anne finally realize about her life?
(a) That she needs to make some major changes
(b) That the loneliness will never totally go away
(c) That she has a lot of pent-up anger
(d) That she is lucky to have survived
3. The diary entries in Part 2 encompass ___________________________ of Sam's life.
(a) The second year
(b) The first year
(c) The first month
(d) The first week
4. How does Anne ask God what she should do?
(a) Goes to church to pray
(b) Sends money to the missions
(c) Writes notes and puts them in a prayer box
(d) Lights candles at church every morning
5. What does Anne wish on New Year's Eve?
(a) That she can focus more on the present instead of worrying so much
(b) That she will fall in love soon
(c) That Sam's father will return
(d) That she will find a new job
6. In an strange way, Anne is happy to be single so that she does not have what?
(a) Share decisions with someone else
(b) The stress of keeping a husband happy
(c) To keep the house clean
(d) Someone else messing up the house
7. What does Anne call her messages from God?
(b) Operating instructions
(c) Spiritual guidebook
(d) Divine intervention
8. What does Anne begin to feed Sam?
(a) Goat's milk
(b) Soy formula
(c) Apple juice
9. What was Anne's mother's reaction to Anne's pregnancy?
(a) She was disappointed
(b) She was angry
(c) She was thrilled
(d) She was shocked
10. What does Anne think about Sam at this point?
(a) She wants more children because of the experience
(b) She wishes someone would take him for awhile
(c) She is having second thoughts about being a mother
(d) She cannot imagine life without him
11. When does Anne have a birthday celebration for Sam?
(a) When he is six months old
(b) When he is three weeks old
(c) When he is one month old
(d) When he is one year old
12. What does Anne notice at this point in time?
(a) Sam is starting to talk
(b) Her body has returned to her pre-pregnancy state
(c) Her mother is coming over more frequently
(d) Motherhood has become easier
13. Sam's father wanted Anne to __________________________.
(a) Have the baby
(b) Move in with him
(c) Marry him
(d) Terminate the pregnancy
14. What upset Anne about her pre-teen years?
(a) Wearing braces
(b) Coming from a divorced family
(c) Peer pressure and loneliness
(d) Coming from a poor family
15. What is a major characteristic of Anne's writing style?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is not thrilled about Sam's arrival?
2. What happens one day when Anne and Sam are sleeping?
3. The month in which the entries for Part 5 are written is ___________________.
4. How old is Anne when she is pregnant?
5. In addition to Pammy, who serves as a labor coach for Anne
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)