|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Anne attribute some of Sam's colicky behavior?
(a) Her Type A personality
(b) Her former addictions
(c) Her anxiety about raising him
(d) The noisy neighbors
2. To what does Anne compare her current life?
(a) Volunteering for the Special Olympics
(b) Going to the spa
(c) Taking a month-long vacation in Mexico
(d) Studying for final exams
3. How does Anne think she might lose Sam?
(a) If she doesn't get a bigger house
(b) If she does not feed him
(c) If she drinks any alcohol
(d) If she does any drugs
4. How old is Anne when she is pregnant?
5. What does Anne wish about Sam?
(a) That he had more hair
(b) That he could stay in his current stage forever
(c) That he were a girl
(d) That he were in school
6. What does Anne indulge in?
(c) Jelly Beans
(d) Halloween candy
7. Who is Pammy?
(a) Anne's long-time friend
(b) Anne's neighbor
(c) Anne's mother
(d) Anne's sister
8. In an strange way, Anne is happy to be single so that she does not have what?
(a) Share decisions with someone else
(b) The stress of keeping a husband happy
(c) Someone else messing up the house
(d) To keep the house clean
9. When does Anne have a birthday celebration for Sam?
(a) When he is one month old
(b) When he is six months old
(c) When he is three weeks old
(d) When he is one year old
10. What does Anne decide about her single-parent status?
(a) That it is only temporary
(b) That she should not be ashamed of it
(c) That it is a cross she will have to bear
(d) That she will work hard to change it
11. Sam's father wanted Anne to __________________________.
(a) Move in with him
(b) Marry him
(c) Terminate the pregnancy
(d) Have the baby
12. What does Anne begin to feed Sam?
(a) Apple juice
(b) Goat's milk
(c) Soy formula
13. What is the source of Anne's comfort during difficult times?
(a) Her best friend, Pammy
(b) Her brother, Steve
(c) Her faith in Jesus
(d) Her mother
14. What suggestion from the doctor does Anne resist about Sam's colic?
(a) Letting him cry
(b) Feeding him
(c) Medicating him
(d) Using a vaporizer
15. What is Anne's idea of normal for a family?
(a) The presence of a husband and father
(b) There is no such thing as normal
(c) Anything as long as a child is loved
(d) A mother is quite enough for a child
Short Answer Questions
1. What event causes little Sam some emotional and physical distress?
2. What disappointment still continues to haunt Anne?
3. What does Anne admit is one of her worst personality traits?
4. In addition to Pammy, who serves as a labor coach for Anne
5. What is Anne doing when Sam laughs for the first time?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)