|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Sam's father?
(a) He is out of town on business
(b) He is in the army overseas
(c) He is dead
(d) He walked away when he learned Anne was pregnant
2. What does Anne think about the worries that most pregnant women have?
(a) She thinks most women overreact
(b) She does not share any of their worries
(c) She thinks the women are ridiculous
(d) She thinks the women make up most of that stuff
3. When is the initial diary entry made?
(a) Three weeks before Sam's birth
(b) On Sam's first birthday
(c) Three months prior to Sam's birth
(d) Three months after Sam's birth
4. What do Pammy and her husband struggle with?
(a) The mortgage
(c) The kids
(d) The in-laws
5. With what is Sam afflicted?
(b) Down Syndrome
(d) Heart murmur
6. What is Anne's greatest fear about having a child?
(a) That she cannot send him to college
(b) That she cannot answer questions about religion
(c) That he will have to live through seventh and eighth grades
(d) That she does not have enough money
7. Who supports Anne emotionally during her early pregnancy?
(a) An old boyfriend who never wanted children
(b) Her writing workshop student
(c) The best friend of the man who abandoned her
(d) Her old tennis coach
8. What is Anne's idea of normal for a family?
(a) The presence of a husband and father
(b) There is no such thing as normal
(c) Anything as long as a child is loved
(d) A mother is quite enough for a child
9. In what city is Anne's baby born?
(b) Los Angeles
(c) San Francisco
10. What is the source of Anne's comfort during difficult times?
(a) Her brother, Steve
(b) Her best friend, Pammy
(c) Her faith in Jesus
(d) Her mother
11. What is Anne's core personality?
12. What does Anne call her photo composition of a sonogram, Polaroid picture and crucifix?
(a) Gallery content
(b) Inspirational collage
(c) Self portrait
(d) Family portrait
13. Who does Anne count on for support?
14. How old is Sam when he finally sleeps through the night?
(a) 3 months
(b) 3 weeks
(c) 30 weeks
(d) 30 days
15. Who is Sam?
(a) A serial killer
(b) The author's son
(c) The author's neighbor
(d) The author's editor
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the things that does not frighten Anne about her pregnancy?
2. What is occurring that allows Anne to feel more centered?
3. What does Anne realize she needs to do in order to survive financially?
4. What happens to relieve Anne's financial worries?
5. What begins to change Anne's frantic moods from being so exhausted?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)