|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anne think she might lose Sam?
(a) If she does any drugs
(b) If she drinks any alcohol
(c) If she doesn't get a bigger house
(d) If she does not feed him
2. The diary entries in Part 2 encompass ___________________________ of Sam's life.
(a) The second year
(b) The first week
(c) The first month
(d) The first year
3. How does Anne know she is strong enough to raise a child now?
(a) She enjoys different experiences
(b) She has more money
(c) She has a big house
(d) She has battled addictions and won
4. When an associate pastor from her church comes to help, what does he do to help Anne?
(a) Cleans the bathroom
(b) Does the laundry
(c) Changes the oil in the car
(d) Loads the dishwasher
5. What does Anne call her photo composition of a sonogram, Polaroid picture and crucifix?
(a) Gallery content
(b) Self portrait
(c) Inspirational collage
(d) Family portrait
6. What happens one day when Anne and Sam are sleeping?
(a) Anne rolls onto Sam
(b) Sam rolls off the futon
(c) The cat sits on Sam
(d) Anne rolls off the futon
7. What is the source of Anne's comfort during difficult times?
(a) Her brother, Steve
(b) Her faith in Jesus
(c) Her mother
(d) Her best friend, Pammy
8. What suggestion from the doctor does Anne resist about Sam's colic?
(a) Feeding him
(b) Using a vaporizer
(c) Medicating him
(d) Letting him cry
9. How old is Anne when she is pregnant?
10. Who is Brian?
(a) Anne's editor
(b) Anne's mechanic
(c) Anne's butcher
(d) Anne's friend who becomes Sam's Big Brother
11. Where does Anne host a post-Baptism party?
(a) A local park
(b) The beach
(c) Pammy's house
(d) A local restaurant
12. What is a regret that Anne has during the Christmas season?
(a) That she never had a ballet career
(b) That she never got her Master's Degree
(c) That her father did not live long enough to meet Sam
(d) That she never joined the Peace Corps
13. What worry does Anne carry around all the time?
(a) Financial concerns
(b) Health problems
(c) Her mother's interference
(d) Sam's lack of a father
14. What does Anne call her messages from God?
(a) Divine intervention
(b) Spiritual guidebook
(d) Operating instructions
15. How does Anne learn that she will keep the baby?
(a) After talking to her mother
(b) After talking to a priest
(c) After going to an orphanage
(d) After rescuing a baby in a dream
Short Answer Questions
1. From what disease did Anne's father die?
2. What does Anne realize she needs to do in order to survive financially?
3. What event causes little Sam some emotional and physical distress?
4. What is a major characteristic of Anne's writing style?
5. What type of parent will Anne soon become?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)