|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne decide about her single-parent status?
(a) That she should not be ashamed of it
(b) That she will work hard to change it
(c) That it is only temporary
(d) That it is a cross she will have to bear
2. What does Anne call her messages from God?
(a) Operating instructions
(b) Spiritual guidebook
(d) Divine intervention
3. What is Anne's idea of normal for a family?
(a) A mother is quite enough for a child
(b) There is no such thing as normal
(c) The presence of a husband and father
(d) Anything as long as a child is loved
4. Who supports Anne emotionally during her early pregnancy?
(a) An old boyfriend who never wanted children
(b) The best friend of the man who abandoned her
(c) Her old tennis coach
(d) Her writing workshop student
5. What does Anne think about the worries that most pregnant women have?
(a) She thinks the women make up most of that stuff
(b) She thinks most women overreact
(c) She does not share any of their worries
(d) She thinks the women are ridiculous
6. In what city is Anne's baby born?
(a) Los Angeles
(d) San Francisco
7. How does Anne feel most of the time?
8. Where is Sam's father?
(a) He is dead
(b) He is out of town on business
(c) He is in the army overseas
(d) He walked away when he learned Anne was pregnant
9. What is one of the things that does not frighten Anne about her pregnancy?
(d) Morning sickness
10. Anne resists the urge to eat ________________.
(a) A box of doughnuts
(b) A gallon of ice cream
(c) A whole plate of nachos
(d) A bag of popcorn
11. What is Anne's greatest fear about having a boy?
(a) How he will handle the responsibility of having a penis
(b) Whether or not she can bond with him
(c) Finding someone to teach him how to play sports
(d) She has never been comfortable around males
12. What does Anne notice at this point in time?
(a) Sam is starting to talk
(b) Her mother is coming over more frequently
(c) Motherhood has become easier
(d) Her body has returned to her pre-pregnancy state
13. What is Anne given immediately after being admitted?
(a) Some gelatin
(c) A glass of water
(d) An epidural
14. What do Pammy and her husband struggle with?
(a) The mortgage
(c) The kids
(d) The in-laws
15. Why does Anne primarily want a husband?
(a) So she has someone to share Sam's experiences with
(b) So she will not grow old alone
(c) So someone can support her and Sam
(d) So she can have some adult conversation
Short Answer Questions
1. What event causes little Sam some emotional and physical distress?
2. When is the initial diary entry made?
3. Where do Anne and Sam sleep?
4. In what month are the journal entries for Part 6 written?
5. What fear begins to emerge for Anne where Sam is concerned?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)