|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anne learn that she will keep the baby?
(a) After going to an orphanage
(b) After talking to a priest
(c) After talking to her mother
(d) After rescuing a baby in a dream
2. Who is Sam?
(a) The author's son
(b) The author's editor
(c) A serial killer
(d) The author's neighbor
3. In what month are the journal entries for Part 6 written?
4. With what is Sam afflicted?
(a) Down Syndrome
(b) Heart murmur
5. What does Anne begin to feed Sam?
(a) Goat's milk
(b) Apple juice
(c) Soy formula
6. When is the initial diary entry made?
(a) Three months prior to Sam's birth
(b) Three weeks before Sam's birth
(c) Three months after Sam's birth
(d) On Sam's first birthday
7. Anne resists the urge to eat ________________.
(a) A box of doughnuts
(b) A whole plate of nachos
(c) A bag of popcorn
(d) A gallon of ice cream
8. What type of parent will Anne soon become?
(a) Single parent
(c) Mother in a married couple
(d) Divorced mother
9. How old is Sam when he finally sleeps through the night?
(a) 30 days
(b) 30 weeks
(c) 3 weeks
(d) 3 months
10. Where does Anne host a post-Baptism party?
(a) The beach
(b) A local park
(c) Pammy's house
(d) A local restaurant
11. What does Anne show Sam in a store window?
(a) A mannequin
(b) A train
(c) Her latest book
(d) Christmas decorations
12. Other than Sam, Anne is tremendously grateful for _____________________.
(a) Maternity leave
(b) A loyal network of family and friends
(c) A royalty check
(d) Cable TV
13. What is Anne's idea of normal for a family?
(a) There is no such thing as normal
(b) Anything as long as a child is loved
(c) A mother is quite enough for a child
(d) The presence of a husband and father
14. What is occurring that allows Anne to feel more centered?
(a) Anne gets a better paying job
(b) Sam is sleeping through the night
(c) Anne's mother has moved in
(d) Sam's father has returned
15. What begins to change Anne's frantic moods from being so exhausted?
(a) Sam begins to smile
(b) Anne's mother takes Sam for a few days
(c) Anne hires a nanny
(d) Sam's colic goes away
Short Answer Questions
1. What doe Anne long for?
2. When an associate pastor from her church comes to help, what does he do to help Anne?
3. Why does Anne primarily want a husband?
4. What is Anne's greatest fear about having a boy?
5. What does Anne call her photo composition of a sonogram, Polaroid picture and crucifix?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)