|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month are the journal entries for Part 6 written?
2. What does Anne wish on New Year's Eve?
(a) That she will fall in love soon
(b) That she can focus more on the present instead of worrying so much
(c) That she will find a new job
(d) That Sam's father will return
3. What does Anne call her messages from God?
(a) Divine intervention
(b) Spiritual guidebook
(d) Operating instructions
4. What is Anne's greatest fear about having a child?
(a) That she does not have enough money
(b) That he will have to live through seventh and eighth grades
(c) That she cannot answer questions about religion
(d) That she cannot send him to college
5. What does Anne realize she needs to do in order to survive financially?
(a) Sell her house
(b) Take on more freelance work
(c) Get a full-time job
(d) Sell some stocks
6. What is Anne's greatest fear about having a boy?
(a) Whether or not she can bond with him
(b) She has never been comfortable around males
(c) Finding someone to teach him how to play sports
(d) How he will handle the responsibility of having a penis
7. What is a little unsettling for Anne?
(a) The fact that she does not know who the baby's father is
(b) The fact that she does not have the finances to raise a child
(c) The fact that she is having twins
(d) The fact that she is having a boy
8. What amazes Anne about her own body?
(a) That it can create another human
(b) That it can nourish her child
(c) That it can function on little sleep
(d) That it has gone back to normal size
9. What suggestion from the doctor does Anne resist about Sam's colic?
(a) Medicating him
(b) Letting him cry
(c) Feeding him
(d) Using a vaporizer
10. Why does Anne primarily want a husband?
(a) So someone can support her and Sam
(b) So she can have some adult conversation
(c) So she has someone to share Sam's experiences with
(d) So she will not grow old alone
11. What disappointment still continues to haunt Anne?
(a) That she does not have a husband
(b) That she never danced in the ballet
(c) That she never lived in New York
(d) That she never learned how to sew
12. In what city is Anne's baby born?
(a) Los Angeles
(c) San Francisco
13. Who is Sam?
(a) The author's son
(b) The author's neighbor
(c) The author's editor
(d) A serial killer
14. What is Anne's core personality?
15. What worry does Anne carry around all the time?
(a) Financial concerns
(b) Sam's lack of a father
(c) Health problems
(d) Her mother's interference
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anne's idea of normal for a family?
2. When is the initial diary entry made?
3. From what disease did Anne's father die?
4. What does Anne notice at this point in time?
5. Where is Sam's father?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)