|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anne learn that she will keep the baby?
(a) After talking to a priest
(b) After going to an orphanage
(c) After rescuing a baby in a dream
(d) After talking to her mother
2. Most of all, Anne hopes to do what for her son?
(a) Give him a solid religious foundation
(b) Send him to military school
(c) Spare him pain
(d) Send him to college
3. When is the initial diary entry made?
(a) On Sam's first birthday
(b) Three weeks before Sam's birth
(c) Three months after Sam's birth
(d) Three months prior to Sam's birth
4. How can Anne's emotions be defined at this point?
(a) Leveled out
5. How does Anne ask God what she should do?
(a) Lights candles at church every morning
(b) Writes notes and puts them in a prayer box
(c) Sends money to the missions
(d) Goes to church to pray
6. What doe Anne long for?
(a) A new wardrobe
(b) Better health insurance
(c) A full night's sleep
(d) A husband or nanny
7. What does Anne wish on New Year's Eve?
(a) That she will fall in love soon
(b) That she will find a new job
(c) That she can focus more on the present instead of worrying so much
(d) That Sam's father will return
8. In what month do the entries in Part 3 occur?
9. The month in which the entries for Part 5 are written is ___________________.
10. What does Anne realize she needs to do in order to survive financially?
(a) Get a full-time job
(b) Take on more freelance work
(c) Sell her house
(d) Sell some stocks
11. Where do Anne and Sam sleep?
(a) On the couch
(b) On the floor
(c) In a double bed
(d) On a futon
12. Operating Instructions is based on______________________.
(a) Therapy sessions
(b) A series of diary entries
(c) Taped conversations
(d) A focus group
13. What has Sam's father recently done?
(a) Sent Anne some money for Sam's care
(b) Had dinner with Anne and played with Sam
(c) Told Anne he wants to be involved in Sam's life
(d) Filed a legal petition denying paternity
14. How does Anne feel most of the time?
15. Where does Anne regularly take Sam?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month are the journal entries for Part 6 written?
2. Anne resists the urge to eat ________________.
3. The diary entries in Part 2 encompass ___________________________ of Sam's life.
4. Sam's father wanted Anne to __________________________.
5. What does Anne finally realize about her life?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)