|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is Sam afflicted?
(a) Heart murmur
(b) Down Syndrome
2. What is a little unsettling for Anne?
(a) The fact that she does not have the finances to raise a child
(b) The fact that she does not know who the baby's father is
(c) The fact that she is having twins
(d) The fact that she is having a boy
3. How old is Sam when he finally sleeps through the night?
(a) 30 days
(b) 30 weeks
(c) 3 months
(d) 3 weeks
4. Who does Anne count on for support?
5. What does Anne admit is one of her worst personality traits?
6. What are the party-goers impressed by?
(a) Anne's mothering abilities
(b) The food
(c) The band
(d) The champagne
7. What suggestion from the doctor does Anne resist about Sam's colic?
(a) Feeding him
(b) Medicating him
(c) Using a vaporizer
(d) Letting him cry
8. What does Anne think about Sam at this point?
(a) She is having second thoughts about being a mother
(b) She cannot imagine life without him
(c) She wants more children because of the experience
(d) She wishes someone would take him for awhile
9. In an strange way, Anne is happy to be single so that she does not have what?
(a) The stress of keeping a husband happy
(b) To keep the house clean
(c) Share decisions with someone else
(d) Someone else messing up the house
10. What type of parent will Anne soon become?
(a) Divorced mother
(c) Mother in a married couple
(d) Single parent
11. Anne has finally learned that she must ____________________________.
(a) Get Sam to sleep through the night
(b) Ask people for help
(c) Go back to work
(d) Get a nanny
12. In what month are the diary entries written for Part 4?
13. What is one of the things that does not frighten Anne about her pregnancy?
(b) Morning sickness
14. Sam's father wanted Anne to __________________________.
(a) Have the baby
(b) Move in with him
(c) Terminate the pregnancy
(d) Marry him
15. How did Anne spend the final months of her father's life?
(b) Drunk or high
(d) Out of the country
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month are the journal entries for Part 6 written?
2. To what does Anne compare her current life?
3. What happens one day when Anne and Sam are sleeping?
4. What amazes Anne about her own body?
5. The diary entries in Part 2 encompass ___________________________ of Sam's life.
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)