|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Anne's mother's reaction to Anne's pregnancy?
(a) She was thrilled
(b) She was angry
(c) She was disappointed
(d) She was shocked
2. What is Anne doing when Sam laughs for the first time?
(a) Bathing Sam
(b) Making funny faces
(d) Changing Sam's diaper
3. What does Anne call her messages from God?
(a) Divine intervention
(c) Spiritual guidebook
(d) Operating instructions
4. When does Anne have a birthday celebration for Sam?
(a) When he is three weeks old
(b) When he is one year old
(c) When he is one month old
(d) When he is six months old
5. When is the initial diary entry made?
(a) Three weeks before Sam's birth
(b) Three months after Sam's birth
(c) On Sam's first birthday
(d) Three months prior to Sam's birth
6. What does Anne show Sam in a store window?
(a) Christmas decorations
(b) A train
(c) A mannequin
(d) Her latest book
7. What doe Anne long for?
(a) A full night's sleep
(b) A new wardrobe
(c) A husband or nanny
(d) Better health insurance
8. In what month are the journal entries for Part 6 written?
9. What worry does Anne carry around all the time?
(a) Financial concerns
(b) Health problems
(c) Her mother's interference
(d) Sam's lack of a father
10. What does Anne notice at this point in time?
(a) Motherhood has become easier
(b) Her mother is coming over more frequently
(c) Sam is starting to talk
(d) Her body has returned to her pre-pregnancy state
11. Who are Rex and Dudu?
(a) Clowns at the circus
(b) Long-time family friends who become grandparents to Sam
(c) Television show characters
(d) Pammy's dogs
12. What do Pammy and her husband struggle with?
(a) The mortgage
(c) The kids
(d) The in-laws
13. Anne resists the urge to eat ________________.
(a) A box of doughnuts
(b) A whole plate of nachos
(c) A gallon of ice cream
(d) A bag of popcorn
14. What suggestion from the doctor does Anne resist about Sam's colic?
(a) Letting him cry
(b) Feeding him
(c) Medicating him
(d) Using a vaporizer
15. Anne has finally learned that she must ____________________________.
(a) Get a nanny
(b) Get Sam to sleep through the night
(c) Go back to work
(d) Ask people for help
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the source of Anne's comfort during difficult times?
2. What does Anne decide about her single-parent status?
3. Sam's father wanted Anne to __________________________.
4. What does Anne begin to feed Sam?
5. How old is Sam when he finally sleeps through the night?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)