|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to Pammy, who serves as a labor coach for Anne
(a) Her mother
(b) Her friend, Alice
(c) Her brother, Steve
(d) Her neighbor
2. What worry does Anne carry around all the time?
(a) Health problems
(b) Sam's lack of a father
(c) Her mother's interference
(d) Financial concerns
3. Where does Anne regularly take Sam?
4. From what disease did Anne's father die?
(a) Brain cancer
(b) Lung cancer
(c) Colon cancer
(d) Pancreatic cancer
5. Who is not thrilled about Sam's arrival?
(a) Anne's father
(b) The next door neighbors
(c) Anne's cat
(d) Sam's biological father
6. Anne cannot imagine going through the experience of having Sam without _____________.
(b) Baby monitor
(d) Cable TV
7. What does Anne realize she needs to do in order to survive financially?
(a) Take on more freelance work
(b) Sell some stocks
(c) Sell her house
(d) Get a full-time job
8. Given her past, Anne is in disbelief that ________________________________.
(a) She can stay clean and sober
(b) She can stay home every night
(c) She is not working all night
(d) She has been entrusted with the life of a child
9. In what month are the journal entries for Part 6 written?
10. Who does Anne call about her breastfeeding issues?
(a) Her mother
(b) Her obstetrician
(d) The La Leche League
11. What happens one day when Anne and Sam are sleeping?
(a) The cat sits on Sam
(b) Anne rolls onto Sam
(c) Anne rolls off the futon
(d) Sam rolls off the futon
12. To what does Anne compare her current life?
(a) Taking a month-long vacation in Mexico
(b) Going to the spa
(c) Studying for final exams
(d) Volunteering for the Special Olympics
13. What does Anne finally realize about her life?
(a) That the loneliness will never totally go away
(b) That she needs to make some major changes
(c) That she is lucky to have survived
(d) That she has a lot of pent-up anger
14. Who is Brian?
(a) Anne's butcher
(b) Anne's editor
(c) Anne's mechanic
(d) Anne's friend who becomes Sam's Big Brother
15. What fear begins to emerge for Anne where Sam is concerned?
(a) Anne is afraid of California earthquakes
(b) Anne is afraid of passing on bad genes
(c) Anne fears the world that Sam is destined to grow up in
(d) Anne is afraid of losing her job
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anne's idea of normal for a family?
2. What happens to relieve Anne's financial worries?
3. Where does Anne host a post-Baptism party?
4. How does Anne learn that she will keep the baby?
5. What does Anne show Sam in a store window?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)