Short Answer Key
1. Operating Instructions is based on______________________.
A series of diary entries
2. Who is Sam?
The author's son
3. What is the content of the book?
A chronicle of Sam's first year of life
4. When is the initial diary entry made?
Three months prior to Sam's birth
5. What does the diary entry reveal?
That Anne is about to become a single mother
6. What is one of the things that does not frighten Anne about her pregnancy?
7. What is a little unsettling for Anne?
The fact that she is having a boy
8. What is Anne's greatest fear about having a boy?
How he will handle the responsibility of having a penis
9. What is Anne's greatest fear about having a child?
That he will have to live through seventh and eighth grades
10. What upset Anne about her pre-teen years?...
This section contains 2,161 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)