|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anne primarily want a husband?
(a) So she will not grow old alone
(b) So she has someone to share Sam's experiences with
(c) So someone can support her and Sam
(d) So she can have some adult conversation
2. Who is Sam?
(a) A serial killer
(b) The author's son
(c) The author's editor
(d) The author's neighbor
3. What begins to change Anne's frantic moods from being so exhausted?
(a) Anne hires a nanny
(b) Anne's mother takes Sam for a few days
(c) Sam begins to smile
(d) Sam's colic goes away
4. What does Anne finally realize about her life?
(a) That she has a lot of pent-up anger
(b) That she needs to make some major changes
(c) That she is lucky to have survived
(d) That the loneliness will never totally go away
5. What upset Anne about her pre-teen years?
(a) Wearing braces
(b) Coming from a divorced family
(c) Peer pressure and loneliness
(d) Coming from a poor family
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the initial diary entry made?
2. What does Anne wish about Sam?
3. What is Anne trying to avoid with her coping mechanism?
4. What illness is Pammy stricken with?
5. What event causes little Sam some emotional and physical distress?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)