|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Anne have a birthday celebration for Sam?
(a) When he is one month old
(b) When he is one year old
(c) When he is six months old
(d) When he is three weeks old
2. What amazes Anne about her own body?
(a) That it has gone back to normal size
(b) That it can function on little sleep
(c) That it can create another human
(d) That it can nourish her child
3. What happens when Anne reads a story about the death of a small child?
(a) She will not let anyone else hold Sam
(b) She thinks something terrible is going to happen to Sam
(c) She inspects all of Sam's food
(d) She will not take Sam outside
4. Other than Sam, Anne is tremendously grateful for _____________________.
(a) Maternity leave
(b) A royalty check
(c) Cable TV
(d) A loyal network of family and friends
5. Who is Pammy?
(a) Anne's mother
(b) Anne's neighbor
(c) Anne's sister
(d) Anne's long-time friend
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne realize she needs to do in order to survive financially?
2. What does Anne think about the worries that most pregnant women have?
3. What is one of the things that does not frighten Anne about her pregnancy?
4. To what does Anne attribute some of Sam's colicky behavior?
5. What is Anne's greatest fear about having a child?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)