|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anne describe her newborn son?
(a) "Wrinkly as a breakfast prune"
(b) "The most beautiful thing I had ever seen"
(c) "Red as a strawberry"
(d) "Small as a gnome"
2. Who supports Anne emotionally during her early pregnancy?
(a) Her old tennis coach
(b) The best friend of the man who abandoned her
(c) Her writing workshop student
(d) An old boyfriend who never wanted children
3. Anne has finally learned that she must ____________________________.
(a) Ask people for help
(b) Get a nanny
(c) Go back to work
(d) Get Sam to sleep through the night
4. What is Anne's idea of normal for a family?
(a) The presence of a husband and father
(b) A mother is quite enough for a child
(c) There is no such thing as normal
(d) Anything as long as a child is loved
5. Where is Sam's father?
(a) He is out of town on business
(b) He walked away when he learned Anne was pregnant
(c) He is in the army overseas
(d) He is dead
Short Answer Questions
1. Most of all, Anne hopes to do what for her son?
2. What does Anne begin to feed Sam?
3. Operating Instructions is based on______________________.
4. What is Anne's greatest fear about having a child?
5. Who is Sam?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)