|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who supports Anne emotionally during her early pregnancy?
(a) An old boyfriend who never wanted children
(b) The best friend of the man who abandoned her
(c) Her old tennis coach
(d) Her writing workshop student
2. What amazes Anne about her own body?
(a) That it can nourish her child
(b) That it can function on little sleep
(c) That it has gone back to normal size
(d) That it can create another human
3. To what does Anne attribute some of Sam's colicky behavior?
(a) Her Type A personality
(b) Her anxiety about raising him
(c) Her former addictions
(d) The noisy neighbors
4. Other than Sam, Anne is tremendously grateful for _____________________.
(a) Maternity leave
(b) A royalty check
(c) Cable TV
(d) A loyal network of family and friends
5. How does Anne describe her newborn son?
(a) "Small as a gnome"
(b) "The most beautiful thing I had ever seen"
(c) "Wrinkly as a breakfast prune"
(d) "Red as a strawberry"
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to Pammy, who serves as a labor coach for Anne
2. Anne cannot imagine going through the experience of having Sam without _____________.
3. What is one of the things that does not frighten Anne about her pregnancy?
4. In an strange way, Anne is happy to be single so that she does not have what?
5. What was Anne's mother's reaction to Anne's pregnancy?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)