|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who supports Anne emotionally during her early pregnancy?
(a) Her old tennis coach
(b) An old boyfriend who never wanted children
(c) Her writing workshop student
(d) The best friend of the man who abandoned her
2. Who is Sam?
(a) The author's son
(b) The author's editor
(c) The author's neighbor
(d) A serial killer
3. Operating Instructions is based on______________________.
(a) Therapy sessions
(b) Taped conversations
(c) A focus group
(d) A series of diary entries
4. Given her past, Anne is in disbelief that ________________________________.
(a) She is not working all night
(b) She can stay home every night
(c) She has been entrusted with the life of a child
(d) She can stay clean and sober
5. What upset Anne about her pre-teen years?
(a) Peer pressure and loneliness
(b) Coming from a poor family
(c) Wearing braces
(d) Coming from a divorced family
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne finally realize about her life?
2. What does the diary entry reveal?
3. To what does Anne attribute some of Sam's colicky behavior?
4. What begins to change Anne's frantic moods from being so exhausted?
5. Most of all, Anne hopes to do what for her son?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)