|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Sam's father?
(a) He is dead
(b) He walked away when he learned Anne was pregnant
(c) He is out of town on business
(d) He is in the army overseas
2. Who is Sam?
(a) The author's editor
(b) A serial killer
(c) The author's neighbor
(d) The author's son
3. In addition to Pammy, who serves as a labor coach for Anne
(a) Her mother
(b) Her brother, Steve
(c) Her friend, Alice
(d) Her neighbor
4. To what does Anne attribute some of Sam's colicky behavior?
(a) Her anxiety about raising him
(b) The noisy neighbors
(c) Her former addictions
(d) Her Type A personality
5. How does Anne describe her newborn son?
(a) "Wrinkly as a breakfast prune"
(b) "Small as a gnome"
(c) "Red as a strawberry"
(d) "The most beautiful thing I had ever seen"
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Anne's mother's reaction to Anne's pregnancy?
2. What suggestion from the doctor does Anne resist about Sam's colic?
3. What is the source of Anne's comfort during difficult times?
4. What is Anne's greatest fear about having a boy?
5. What does Anne show Sam in a store window?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)