|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne show Sam in a store window?
(a) A train
(b) A mannequin
(c) Christmas decorations
(d) Her latest book
2. With what is Sam afflicted?
(a) Down Syndrome
(d) Heart murmur
3. The diary entries in Part 2 encompass ___________________________ of Sam's life.
(a) The first month
(b) The first year
(c) The first week
(d) The second year
4. In what month do the entries in Part 3 occur?
5. How does Anne describe her newborn son?
(a) "Red as a strawberry"
(b) "The most beautiful thing I had ever seen"
(c) "Small as a gnome"
(d) "Wrinkly as a breakfast prune"
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Anne's mother's reaction to Anne's pregnancy?
2. Operating Instructions is based on______________________.
3. What does the diary entry reveal?
4. What event causes little Sam some emotional and physical distress?
5. How does Anne think she might lose Sam?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)