|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event causes little Sam some emotional and physical distress?
(a) An ear infection
(c) Getting a bath
(d) Breathing treatments
2. The diary entries in Part 2 encompass ___________________________ of Sam's life.
(a) The second year
(b) The first month
(c) The first week
(d) The first year
3. What upset Anne about her pre-teen years?
(a) Coming from a poor family
(b) Peer pressure and loneliness
(c) Wearing braces
(d) Coming from a divorced family
4. Operating Instructions is based on______________________.
(a) Taped conversations
(b) A series of diary entries
(c) A focus group
(d) Therapy sessions
5. Who supports Anne emotionally during her early pregnancy?
(a) The best friend of the man who abandoned her
(b) An old boyfriend who never wanted children
(c) Her old tennis coach
(d) Her writing workshop student
Short Answer Questions
1. Most of all, Anne hopes to do what for her son?
2. When does Anne have a birthday celebration for Sam?
3. Where is Sam's father?
4. What is the content of the book?
5. What is a little unsettling for Anne?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)