|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the content of the book?
(a) A chronicle of Sam's first year of life
(b) How to teach sign language to a child
(c) How-to tips on baby-proofing a house
(d) Outlines for writing seminars
2. What is Anne's greatest fear about having a child?
(a) That she does not have enough money
(b) That she cannot answer questions about religion
(c) That she cannot send him to college
(d) That he will have to live through seventh and eighth grades
3. What does Anne finally realize about her life?
(a) That she has a lot of pent-up anger
(b) That the loneliness will never totally go away
(c) That she is lucky to have survived
(d) That she needs to make some major changes
4. When is the initial diary entry made?
(a) Three weeks before Sam's birth
(b) Three months prior to Sam's birth
(c) Three months after Sam's birth
(d) On Sam's first birthday
5. What does the diary entry reveal?
(a) That Anne is painting the nursery
(b) That there is an upcoming baby shower
(c) That Anne is about to become a single mother
(d) That Anne has chosen a name for her baby
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city is Anne's baby born?
2. Operating Instructions is based on______________________.
3. What is the source of Anne's comfort during difficult times?
4. Who is not thrilled about Sam's arrival?
5. Who is Sam?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)