|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Brian?
(a) Anne's mechanic
(b) Anne's editor
(c) Anne's butcher
(d) Anne's friend who becomes Sam's Big Brother
2. What is one of the things that does not frighten Anne about her pregnancy?
(b) Morning sickness
3. What does Anne tell her therapist?
(a) That she isn't good enough to have a husband
(b) That she yearns to go back to work
(c) That sometimes she cannot tolerate her own baby
(d) That she still mourns for her father
4. Anne has finally learned that she must ____________________________.
(a) Get Sam to sleep through the night
(b) Ask people for help
(c) Go back to work
(d) Get a nanny
5. Operating Instructions is based on______________________.
(a) Taped conversations
(b) A focus group
(c) Therapy sessions
(d) A series of diary entries
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the initial diary entry made?
2. How does Anne know she is strong enough to raise a child now?
3. What issue does Anne worry that Sam will wonder about?
4. What is Anne's idea of normal for a family?
5. Anne cannot imagine going through the experience of having Sam without _____________.
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)