• Operating Instructions is a series of diary entries made by the author about the first year of her son, Sam's, life.
• Anne is about to become a single parent.
• Anne does not fear the typical things that most pregnant women do.
• Anne's biggest fear for her child is enduring the seventh and eighth grades.
• In the hours before Sam's delivery, Anne is accompanied by her long-time friend, Pammy.
• Anne's brother, Steve, and Pammy serve as delivery coaches.
• Anne describes her son as "the most beautiful think I had ever seen."
• Anne wishes she had a husband to share the experience with.
• During Sam's first days at home, Anne lives in fear that Sam will be hurt or get sick.
• Anne takes Sam to church and the people are thrilled to meet Sam.
• Anne has a party to commemorate Sam's three-week birthday.
• Sam is colicky much of...
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)