|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man onshore do?
2. What does the correspondent keep an eye on in Part 6?
3. What is the cook doing in Part 5?
4. What do the men wonder about as they head out toward deeper water in Part 4?
5. How does the reader now view the recalled story in Part 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the oiler being the only character who is named and the only character who dies?
Essay Topic 2
How does the friendship between the four men affect the story?
Essay Topic 3
How do the four men change throughout the story? Detail the changes they make and the reasons behind those changes.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)