|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose point of view is the entirety of "The Open Boat" told from?
2. Who is the only person awake in Part 5?
3. Why do the men need to head for shore in Part 4?
4. What do the men do all afternoon after being deluged in Part 4?
5. In Part 5, what does the only person who is awake listen to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the oiler being the only character who is named and the only character who dies?
Essay Topic 2
How does the relationship between the four men affect the story's plot?
Essay Topic 3
How is the setting of "The Open Boat" significant? What would change if the story were set in a different location?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)