|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who orders the sail made again in Part 6?
2. In Part 6, what is the correspondent told to do?
3. Who do the men think would be cruel to allow them to die?
4. Why is the makeshift sail made again in Part 6?
5. What hope appears in Part 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is perspective used in Crane's "The Open Boat"?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the story that the correspondent recalls about the Legionnaire who died in Algiers? How does this contribute to the book as a whole?
Essay Topic 3
How does the friendship between the four men affect the story?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)