|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who orders the sail made again in Part 6?
(a) The cook.
(b) The captain.
(c) The oiler.
(d) The correspondent.
2. What do the men do since they are unable to reach shore safely in Part 4?
(a) Head out to deeper water.
(b) Head toward another island.
(c) Head toward shore.
(d) Accept their deaths.
3. What does the correspondent do when he is allowed to stop rowing in Part 6?
(a) Drop into the soggy boat.
(b) He is not allowed to stop rowing.
(c) Swim to shore.
(d) Eat dinner.
4. What is the captain doing in Part 5?
5. What hope appears in Part 5?
(a) A lifesaving boat.
(b) The lighthouse.
(c) The winds quiet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the men unable to reach shore safely in Part 4?
2. What do the men finally see near the end of Part 4?
3. Who do the men think would be cruel to allow them to die?
4. What provides light for the men in Part 5?
5. Why do the men have to take the boat back out to sea in Part 4?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)