|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the men believe no one is coming to rescue them?
(b) No one sees them.
(c) Coward or incompetence.
(d) No one cares about them.
2. Who wishes for different company near the end of Part 5?
(a) The cook.
(b) The correspondent.
(c) The captain.
(d) The oiler.
3. What happens when the man onshore runs to a house?
(a) The four men on the boat cry.
(b) Another man joins him in waving.
(c) He never returns.
(d) The four men on the boat dive into the sea and swim toward shore.
4. What does the correspondent curse?
(a) The wind.
(c) The sea.
(d) His friends.
5. Why do the men think it would be cruel if they die?
(a) Because they deserve to live.
(b) Because they are good men.
(c) Because they are such good friends.
(d) Because they have worked so hard to stay alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men see soon after the man onshore returns from the house?
2. Who is the four men's only company in Part 5?
3. What can the men do about the shark?
4. What do the men wonder about as they head toward shore in Part 4 ?
5. When do the men plan to attempt making it to shore in Part 6?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)