Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the men believe no one is coming to rescue them?
(a) Coward or incompetence.
(b) No one cares about them.
(c) No one sees them.
2. What don't the men share with each other in Part 6?
(a) Their food.
(b) Their dire thoughts.
(c) Their fears.
(d) Their longing to return home.
3. What do the men look for as they row in Part 4?
(a) The lighthouse.
(b) A fire to warm them.
(c) New dots on the horizon that might signal their rescue.
(d) Men on the shore.
4. Why do the men need to head for shore in Part 4?
(a) Because people are waving to them.
(b) Because it is dinner time and their families have meals prepared for them.
(c) Because the boat is being destroyed by the waves and is going to sink.
(d) Because soon they will be too exhausted to swim even if they do get close.
5. Who falls asleep in the soggy boat in Part 6?
(a) The oiler.
(b) The cook.
(c) The captain.
(d) The correspondent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops the correspondent's watch of the object in Part 6?
2. Why is the makeshift sail made again in Part 6?
3. What does the correspondent keep an eye on in Part 6?
4. What circles the boat?
5. What do the men see on shore at the beginning of Part 4?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)