|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the correspondent do when he is allowed to stop rowing in Part 6?
(a) Eat dinner.
(b) He is not allowed to stop rowing.
(c) Swim to shore.
(d) Drop into the soggy boat.
2. What do the men finally see near the end of Part 4?
(a) A man who sees them.
(b) A man cooking his dinner.
(c) A group of people celebrating the holiday.
(d) Their families waving frantically.
3. Why do the men think it would be cruel if they die?
(a) Because they have worked so hard to stay alive.
(b) Because they are good men.
(c) Because they are such good friends.
(d) Because they deserve to live.
4. When do the men plan to attempt making it to shore in Part 6?
(a) In an hour.
(b) In the morning.
(c) Within a week.
(d) In two days.
5. Why are the men unable to reach shore safely in Part 4?
(a) The water is too deep.
(b) They are too far away.
(c) They cannot even see the shore.
(d) They can reach shore safely now.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 5, why is the correspondent the only one who is scared by the shark?
2. Why is the makeshift sail made again in Part 6?
3. Whose point of view is Part 5 of "The Open Boat" told from?
4. In regards to the shark, what does the correspondent think he would not do in different circumstances?
5. Who is the four men's only company in Part 5?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)