|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who keeps their thoughts to himself in Part 4?
(a) The captain.
(b) All four men.
(c) The correspondent.
(d) The cook.
2. What provides the only sound in Part 5?
(a) The people on shore.
(b) The men snoring.
(c) The water.
(d) The wind.
3. What did the recalled story mean to the reader at the time he read it?
(a) It reminded him of someone he knew.
(b) As heart-wrenching in its sadness and futility.
(d) He thought it was funny.
4. What circles the boat?
(a) A shark.
(c) Another boat.
5. Who appears to be the main character in "The Open Boat"?
(a) The oiler.
(b) The correspondent.
(c) The cook.
(d) The captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men see on shore at the beginning of Part 4?
2. Who is ordered to make the sail again in Part 6?
3. When do the men plan to attempt making it to shore in Part 6?
4. What would the correspondent give almost anything for near the end of Part 5?
5. Who spots a watch fire on the beach in Part 6?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)