|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men think is odd in Part 4?
(a) That no one sees them.
(b) That the waves are vicious.
(c) That nature is indifferent.
(d) That the winds are calm.
2. Who recalls a story he once read in Part 6?
(a) The captain.
(b) The cook.
(c) The oiler.
(d) The correspondent.
3. What is the oiler doing in Part 5?
4. What does the correspondent watch for in Part 5?
(a) The lighthouse to shine a light on them.
(b) The seagulls to return.
(c) The blue glint of the shark's fin.
(d) The men on shore to signal them in.
5. What do the men see on shore at the beginning of Part 4?
(a) A lighthouse.
(b) A man on the shore.
(c) Their families.
(d) A tiny house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the man onshore runs to a house?
2. What do the men need both the oiler and correspondent's strength for in Part 6?
3. What don't the men share with each other in Part 6?
4. What hope appears in Part 5?
5. Why do the men think it would be cruel if they die?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)