|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the man onshore runs to a house?
(a) He never returns.
(b) The four men on the boat dive into the sea and swim toward shore.
(c) The four men on the boat cry.
(d) Another man joins him in waving.
2. What does the man onshore use to wave like a black flag?
(a) His coat.
(b) A blanket.
(c) His arms.
(d) A black flag.
3. What is the oiler doing in Part 5?
4. Who died in the story recalled in Part 6?
(a) A mother.
(b) A Legionnaire.
(c) A correspondent.
(d) A priest.
5. Who recalls a story he once read in Part 6?
(a) The captain.
(b) The correspondent.
(c) The oiler.
(d) The cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, who tells the men to take the boat back out to sea?
2. Who keeps their thoughts to himself in Part 4?
3. In Part 6, what is the correspondent told to do?
4. What does the shark do for a long time?
5. Who is the only person awake in Part 5?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)