|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 6, what is the correspondent told to do?
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Take the boat a little further out to sea.
(c) Switch positions with the oiler.
(d) Stop looking at the watchfire.
2. In Part 5, why is the correspondent the only one who is scared by the shark?
(a) Because it is a figment of his imagination.
(b) Because he is the only one who is not used to the sea.
(c) Because he is the only one awake.
(d) Because he is the only one in the water.
3. What provides light for the men in Part 5?
(a) A candle lit by a match.
(b) There is no light.
(c) A bonfire on shore.
(d) The lighthouse.
4. Who died in the story recalled in Part 6?
(a) A mother.
(b) A priest.
(c) A Legionnaire.
(d) A correspondent.
5. What do the men think that anyone who has seen them from onshore may believe?
(a) That saving them is hopeless.
(b) That they are already dead.
(c) That they are an illusion.
(d) That they are simply out for sport.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person awake at the beginning of Part 6?
2. Who recalls a story he once read in Part 6?
3. What do the men think is odd in Part 4?
4. What circles the boat?
5. Since the four men on the boat have now been seen, what do think they think will surely happen very soon?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)