|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the men think it would be cruel if they die?
(a) Because they deserve to live.
(b) Because they are such good friends.
(c) Because they are good men.
(d) Because they have worked so hard to stay alive.
2. Who is the four men's only company in Part 5?
(a) The waves.
(b) A shark.
(c) The man from shore.
(d) The wind.
3. What would the correspondent give almost anything for near the end of Part 5?
(a) For the shark to go away.
(b) For a bite of food.
(c) For a good night's sleep.
(d) For his friends to drown.
4. Why do the men need to head for shore in Part 4?
(a) Because people are waving to them.
(b) Because soon they will be too exhausted to swim even if they do get close.
(c) Because it is dinner time and their families have meals prepared for them.
(d) Because the boat is being destroyed by the waves and is going to sink.
5. What do the men look for as they row in Part 4?
(a) New dots on the horizon that might signal their rescue.
(b) The lighthouse.
(c) A fire to warm them.
(d) Men on the shore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops the correspondent's watch of the object in Part 6?
2. What do the men think that anyone who has seen them from onshore may believe?
3. Who falls asleep in the soggy boat in Part 6?
4. What provides light for the men in Part 5?
5. Who hears the sound of the shark's powerful fin?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)