|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men think that anyone who has seen them from onshore may believe?
(a) That they are simply out for sport.
(b) That they are already dead.
(c) That saving them is hopeless.
(d) That they are an illusion.
2. What circles the boat?
(a) A shark.
(d) Another boat.
3. Who falls asleep in the soggy boat in Part 6?
(a) The oiler.
(b) The cook.
(c) The correspondent.
(d) The captain.
4. What do the men do since they are unable to reach shore safely in Part 4?
(a) Accept their deaths.
(b) Head out to deeper water.
(c) Head toward shore.
(d) Head toward another island.
5. What does the man onshore do?
(a) Dive into the ocean to help the men.
(b) Shake his head and walk away.
(c) Point and laugh.
(d) Wave frantically.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the recalled story mean to the reader at the time he read it?
2. What do the men wonder about as they head toward shore in Part 4 ?
3. What do all of the men think about in Part 6?
4. What does the correspondent keep an eye on in Part 6?
5. Who do the men think would be cruel to allow them to die?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)