|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cook doing in Part 5?
2. Who says that they may as well head for shore in Part 4?
(a) The correspondent.
(b) The oiler.
(c) The captain.
(d) The cook.
3. What do the men need both the oiler and correspondent's strength for in Part 6?
(a) Swimming to shore while carrying the cook.
(b) Protecting the captain.
(c) Rowing to shore.
(d) Cooking dinner.
4. What don't the men share with each other in Part 6?
(a) Their dire thoughts.
(b) Their fears.
(c) Their longing to return home.
(d) Their food.
5. Why is the makeshift sail made again in Part 6?
(a) The makeshift sail is not made again.
(b) Because the men are bored and need something to do.
(c) So that the oiler and the captain can sleep at the same time.
(d) So that the oiler and the correspondent can sleep at the same time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose point of view is the entirety of "The Open Boat" told from?
2. In regards to the shark, what does the correspondent think he would not do in different circumstances?
3. What do the men look for as they row in Part 4?
4. What provides the only sound in Part 5?
5. What is the oiler doing in Part 5?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)