|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the recalled story mean to the reader at the time he read it?
(a) It reminded him of someone he knew.
(b) He thought it was funny.
(c) As heart-wrenching in its sadness and futility.
2. In Part 4, what are the men unable to believe?
(a) That they will survive this adventure.
(b) That they will remain friends with one another.
(c) That the sea will take them when they have come so close to shore.
(d) That their boat has not sunk yet.
3. What does the correspondent do when he is allowed to stop rowing in Part 6?
(a) Drop into the soggy boat.
(b) Eat dinner.
(c) He is not allowed to stop rowing.
(d) Swim to shore.
4. Who hears the sound of the shark's powerful fin?
(a) The oiler.
(b) The correspondent.
(c) The cook.
(d) The captain.
5. What is the captain doing in Part 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men finally see near the end of Part 4?
2. How does the reader now view the recalled story in Part 6?
3. In Part 4, what are the men unaware of?
4. What do the men wonder about as they head out toward deeper water in Part 4?
5. Why do the men need to head for shore in Part 4?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)