|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men think that anyone who has seen them from onshore may believe?
(a) That they are already dead.
(b) That saving them is hopeless.
(c) That they are an illusion.
(d) That they are simply out for sport.
2. In Part 4, what are the men unaware of?
(a) No one can see them.
(b) They are being mocked by nature.
(c) The ship has a hole in it.
(d) That there is no life-saving station anywhere near where they are.
3. What do all of the men think about in Part 6?
4. Why is the makeshift sail made again in Part 6?
(a) So that the oiler and the captain can sleep at the same time.
(b) So that the oiler and the correspondent can sleep at the same time.
(c) The makeshift sail is not made again.
(d) Because the men are bored and need something to do.
5. What do the men do since they are unable to reach shore safely in Part 4?
(a) Head out to deeper water.
(b) Accept their deaths.
(c) Head toward shore.
(d) Head toward another island.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose point of view is the entirety of "The Open Boat" told from?
2. Who is ordered to make the sail again in Part 6?
3. Who appears to be the main character in "The Open Boat"?
4. Who spots a watch fire on the beach in Part 6?
5. What do the men need both the oiler and correspondent's strength for in Part 6?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)