|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men see soon after the man onshore returns from the house?
(a) A bonfire to light their way.
(b) Their families waving to them.
(c) The lighthouse shining on them.
(d) An omnibus full of people.
2. What can the men do about the shark?
(a) Be its dinner.
(b) Kill it.
(d) Laugh at it.
3. How does the correspondent show great character in Part 5?
(a) By allowing the captain to eat his portion of their dinner.
(b) By letting the others sleep while he faces danger alone.
(c) By rowing continually.
(d) He does not show great character in Part 5.
4. Whose point of view is Part 5 of "The Open Boat" told from?
(a) The oiler's.
(b) The cook's.
(c) The correspondent's.
(d) The captain's.
5. Why do the men have to take the boat back out to sea in Part 4?
(a) They forgot one of the men at sea.
(b) They do not take the boat back out to sea.
(c) They are suddenly deluged again.
(d) They realize they are at the wrong island.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wishes for different company near the end of Part 5?
2. Who is the only person awake at the beginning of Part 6?
3. Why is the makeshift sail made again in Part 6?
4. What does the correspondent watch for in Part 5?
5. What is the cook doing in Part 5?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)