|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 4, what are the men unable to believe?
(a) That they will remain friends with one another.
(b) That their boat has not sunk yet.
(c) That the sea will take them when they have come so close to shore.
(d) That they will survive this adventure.
2. What do the men see on shore at the beginning of Part 4?
(a) Their families.
(b) A tiny house.
(c) A lighthouse.
(d) A man on the shore.
3. Who died in the story recalled in Part 6?
(a) A priest.
(b) A correspondent.
(c) A mother.
(d) A Legionnaire.
4. Who keeps their thoughts to himself in Part 4?
(a) The correspondent.
(b) All four men.
(c) The cook.
(d) The captain.
5. Whose point of view is the entirety of "The Open Boat" told from?
(a) The oiler.
(b) The captain.
(c) The correspondent.
(d) It alternates between the characters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears to be the main character in "The Open Boat"?
2. Why are the men unable to reach shore safely in Part 4?
3. What is the cook doing in Part 5?
4. Who replaces the correspondent on the rowing seat in Part 6?
5. Why do the men believe no one is coming to rescue them?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)