|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 4, who tells the men to take the boat back out to sea?
(a) The captain.
(b) The oiler.
(c) The correspondent.
(d) The cook.
2. What don't the men share with each other in Part 6?
(a) Their dire thoughts.
(b) Their food.
(c) Their fears.
(d) Their longing to return home.
3. In Part 5, why is the correspondent the only one who is scared by the shark?
(a) Because it is a figment of his imagination.
(b) Because he is the only one awake.
(c) Because he is the only one in the water.
(d) Because he is the only one who is not used to the sea.
4. What do the men see soon after the man onshore returns from the house?
(a) A bonfire to light their way.
(b) An omnibus full of people.
(c) The lighthouse shining on them.
(d) Their families waving to them.
5. What is the oiler doing in Part 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men need both the oiler and correspondent's strength for in Part 6?
2. What does the correspondent curse?
3. What does the shark do for a long time?
4. Who spots a watch fire on the beach in Part 6?
5. In Part 5, what does the only person who is awake listen to?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)