|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who falls asleep in the soggy boat in Part 6?
(a) The oiler.
(b) The captain.
(c) The correspondent.
(d) The cook.
2. Why do the men believe no one is coming to rescue them?
(a) No one cares about them.
(b) Coward or incompetence.
(c) No one sees them.
3. In Part 5, who does the correspondent wish would wake up?
(a) The captain.
(b) The cook.
(c) The shark.
(d) One of his friends.
4. Who is the four men's only company in Part 5?
(a) The wind.
(b) The man from shore.
(c) A shark.
(d) The waves.
5. What does the man onshore use to wave like a black flag?
(a) A blanket.
(b) His coat.
(c) His arms.
(d) A black flag.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men do all afternoon after being deluged in Part 4?
2. What does the correspondent watch for in Part 5?
3. What do the men see soon after the man onshore returns from the house?
4. Why is the makeshift sail made again in Part 6?
5. Who orders the sail made again in Part 6?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)