|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the correspondent do when he is allowed to stop rowing in Part 6?
(a) Swim to shore.
(b) He is not allowed to stop rowing.
(c) Eat dinner.
(d) Drop into the soggy boat.
2. What provides the only sound in Part 5?
(a) The wind.
(b) The water.
(c) The men snoring.
(d) The people on shore.
3. Who orders the sail made again in Part 6?
(a) The oiler.
(b) The captain.
(c) The cook.
(d) The correspondent.
4. What does the correspondent keep an eye on in Part 6?
(a) The watch fire on the beach.
(b) The seagulls.
(c) The shark.
(d) The man on shore.
5. What do the men do all afternoon after being deluged in Part 4?
(a) Laugh in the face of adversity.
(b) Yell for help.
(c) Mourn their fates.
(d) Take turns rowing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the men think it would be cruel if they die?
2. Who died in the story recalled in Part 6?
3. In Part 6, what is the correspondent told to do?
4. In regards to the shark, what does the correspondent think he would not do in different circumstances?
5. What circles the boat?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)