|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the men plan to attempt making it to shore in Part 6?
(a) In two days.
(b) Within a week.
(c) In an hour.
(d) In the morning.
2. Why do the men think it would be cruel if they die?
(a) Because they have worked so hard to stay alive.
(b) Because they deserve to live.
(c) Because they are such good friends.
(d) Because they are good men.
3. What does the correspondent keep an eye on in Part 6?
(a) The man on shore.
(b) The seagulls.
(c) The watch fire on the beach.
(d) The shark.
4. What do the men finally see near the end of Part 4?
(a) A man who sees them.
(b) A man cooking his dinner.
(c) A group of people celebrating the holiday.
(d) Their families waving frantically.
5. Who falls asleep in the soggy boat in Part 6?
(a) The oiler.
(b) The cook.
(c) The correspondent.
(d) The captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, who tells the men to take the boat back out to sea?
2. What do the men wonder about as they head toward shore in Part 4 ?
3. What did the recalled story mean to the reader at the time he read it?
4. What provides the only sound in Part 5?
5. Whose point of view is Part 5 of "The Open Boat" told from?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)