|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men wonder about as they head out toward deeper water in Part 4?
(a) They do not head out toward deeper water.
(b) Why no one has tried to find them.
(c) Why the captain insists upon going out to deeper water.
(d) Why Nature is so cruel.
2. What can the men do about the shark?
(a) Be its dinner.
(c) Kill it.
(d) Laugh at it.
3. What does the correspondent do when he is allowed to stop rowing in Part 6?
(a) Eat dinner.
(b) Swim to shore.
(c) He is not allowed to stop rowing.
(d) Drop into the soggy boat.
4. Who do the men think would be cruel to allow them to die?
(b) The captain.
(c) The men on shore.
5. What do the men do in Part 5?
(a) Sleep peacefully.
(b) Spend one of the longest nights of their lives.
(c) Die by drowning.
(d) Try to swim to shore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who orders the sail made again in Part 6?
2. What happens when night comes at the end of Part 4?
3. Who is the four men's only company in Part 5?
4. What does the correspondent curse?
5. What do the men do since they are unable to reach shore safely in Part 4?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)