|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the four men's only company in Part 5?
(a) The wind.
(b) A shark.
(c) The waves.
(d) The man from shore.
2. Who recalls a story he once read in Part 6?
(a) The captain.
(b) The correspondent.
(c) The oiler.
(d) The cook.
3. Why is the makeshift sail made again in Part 6?
(a) The makeshift sail is not made again.
(b) So that the oiler and the captain can sleep at the same time.
(c) So that the oiler and the correspondent can sleep at the same time.
(d) Because the men are bored and need something to do.
4. In regards to the shark, what does the correspondent think he would not do in different circumstances?
(a) Be jealous of the shark
(b) Love the shark.
(c) Curse the sea.
(d) Fear the shark.
5. What do the men wonder about as they head toward shore in Part 4 ?
(a) Why he has come so close to shore if he is going to be drowned.
(b) Why they cannot swim like the fish.
(c) Whether they will see their families again.
(d) Who will win the bet about the exact hour that they will reach shore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men see on shore at the beginning of Part 4?
2. What circles the boat?
3. Who stops the correspondent's watch of the object in Part 6?
4. What do the men look for as they row in Part 4?
5. Who is ordered to make the sail again in Part 6?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)