|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since the four men on the boat have now been seen, what do think they think will surely happen very soon?
(a) Someone will swim out to sea to rescue them.
(b) They will die.
(c) Someone will come with a lifeboat.
(d) They will have to swim to shore.
2. Who is ordered to make the sail again in Part 6?
(a) The captain.
(b) The oiler.
(c) The correspondent.
(d) The cook.
3. Why is the makeshift sail made again in Part 6?
(a) So that the oiler and the captain can sleep at the same time.
(b) So that the oiler and the correspondent can sleep at the same time.
(c) The makeshift sail is not made again.
(d) Because the men are bored and need something to do.
4. In Part 4, what are the men unable to believe?
(a) That their boat has not sunk yet.
(b) That they will remain friends with one another.
(c) That the sea will take them when they have come so close to shore.
(d) That they will survive this adventure.
5. Who is the only person awake in Part 5?
(a) The correspondent.
(b) The cook.
(c) The oiler.
(d) The captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men think that anyone who has seen them from onshore may believe?
2. Why do the men need to head for shore in Part 4?
3. What do the men do in Part 5?
4. In Part 4, what are the men unaware of?
5. What does the correspondent do when he is allowed to stop rowing in Part 6?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)