Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the men believe no one is coming to rescue them?
(a) Coward or incompetence.
(b) No one cares about them.
(c) No one sees them.
2. What don't the men share with each other in Part 6?
(a) Their food.
(b) Their dire thoughts.
(c) Their fears.
(d) Their longing to return home.
3. What do the men look for as they row in Part 4?
(a) The lighthouse.
(b) A fire to warm them.
(c) New dots on the horizon that might signal their rescue.
(d) Men on the shore.
4. Why do the men need to head for shore in Part 4?
(a) Because people are waving to them.
(b) Because it is dinner time and their families have meals prepared for them.
(c) Because the boat is being destroyed by the waves and is going to sink.
(d) Because soon they will be too exhausted to swim even if they do get close.
5. Who falls asleep in the soggy boat in Part 6?
(a) The oiler.
(b) The cook.
(c) The captain.
(d) The correspondent.
6. Who stops the correspondent's watch of the object in Part 6?
(a) The captain.
(b) The correspondent.
(c) The cook.
(d) The oiler.
7. Why is the makeshift sail made again in Part 6?
(a) So that the oiler and the correspondent can sleep at the same time.
(b) So that the oiler and the captain can sleep at the same time.
(c) The makeshift sail is not made again.
(d) Because the men are bored and need something to do.
8. What does the correspondent keep an eye on in Part 6?
(a) The seagulls.
(b) The watch fire on the beach.
(c) The man on shore.
(d) The shark.
9. What circles the boat?
(a) Another boat.
(b) A shark.
10. What do the men see on shore at the beginning of Part 4?
(a) A lighthouse.
(b) A man on the shore.
(c) A tiny house.
(d) Their families.
11. What do the men need both the oiler and correspondent's strength for in Part 6?
(a) Swimming to shore while carrying the cook.
(b) Protecting the captain.
(c) Cooking dinner.
(d) Rowing to shore.
12. Since the four men on the boat have now been seen, what do think they think will surely happen very soon?
(a) Someone will swim out to sea to rescue them.
(b) Someone will come with a lifeboat.
(c) They will have to swim to shore.
(d) They will die.
13. In Part 4, what are the men unable to believe?
(a) That they will survive this adventure.
(b) That the sea will take them when they have come so close to shore.
(c) That they will remain friends with one another.
(d) That their boat has not sunk yet.
14. What is the oiler doing in Part 5?
15. What happens when the man onshore runs to a house?
(a) The four men on the boat dive into the sea and swim toward shore.
(b) He never returns.
(c) Another man joins him in waving.
(d) The four men on the boat cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the men have to take the boat back out to sea in Part 4?
2. In Part 4, what are the men unaware of?
3. What does the correspondent watch for in Part 5?
4. How does the correspondent show great character in Part 5?
5. What happens when night comes at the end of Part 4?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)