1. What is being rocked as the novel opens?
The tiny boat.
2. What do the waves threaten to do?
Drown the boat.
3. Who is present at the opening of the novel?
Four men inside the boat.
4. What is the only thing the men can see at the book's beginning?
The slate color of the water.
5. Why do the men row?
To save their lives.
6. What is the boat comparable to in size?
7. What idea seems optimistic at best?
Surviving the storm.
(read all 180 Short Answer Questions and Answers)
This section contains 4,393 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)