|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the shark do for a long time?
(a) Show its teeth.
(b) Try to capsize the boat.
(c) Swim the length of both sides of the boat.
(d) There is no shark.
2. Where are these four men returning from?
(a) It is not explained.
3. What is the boat comparable to in size?
(a) A bathtub.
(b) A sofa.
(c) A mountain.
(d) A house.
4. What does the correspondent watch for in Part 5?
(a) The blue glint of the shark's fin.
(b) The seagulls to return.
(c) The lighthouse to shine a light on them.
(d) The men on shore to signal them in.
5. Who tries to calm the other men?
(a) The cook.
(b) The correspondent.
(c) The oiler.
(d) The captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the men view their current situation in Part 2?
2. Why are the men unable to reach shore safely in Part 4?
3. What do the men finally see near the end of Part 4?
4. In Part 5, who does the correspondent wish would wake up?
5. What determines the gravity of a situation?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)