|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the injured character sustain his injuries?
(a) He was injured by nearly drowning.
(b) It is not made clear.
(c) He fell and hurt himself.
(d) He was injured defending the ship.
2. What does the correspondent argue about?
(a) Who will fix dinner.
(b) The difference between a life-saving station and a house of refuge.
(c) When they will be rescued.
(d) Whether they will survive.
3. What do the men realize when the water changes from gray to emerald green?
(a) That it is nighttime.
(b) That the storm has lifted.
(c) That it must be daylight.
(d) That the storm has arrived.
4. How do the men feel about the results gained from constructing the sail?
5. Who hears the sound of the shark's powerful fin?
(a) The oiler.
(b) The correspondent.
(c) The cook.
(d) The captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the men believe no one is coming to rescue them?
2. What do the men finally see near the end of Part 4?
3. Who rows with the correspondent?
4. How long has it been since the four men have slept?
5. Who bails water from the boat?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)