|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes two oars first?
(a) The oiler.
(b) The captain.
(c) The correspondent.
(d) The cook.
2. What is the oiler doing at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Eating dinner.
(b) Taking his turn with the oars.
(c) Constructing a makeshift sail.
(d) Taking a nap.
3. What do the men learn quickly?
(a) That they are near land.
(b) That they will never reach land.
(c) That with each crashing wave, there is another one right on its wake.
(d) That they cannot construct a sail.
4. Who rows with the correspondent?
(a) The correspondent.
(b) The oiler.
(c) The cook.
(d) The captain.
5. Who is forced into rowing again in Part 3?
(a) The cook and the captain.
(b) The correspondent and the captain.
(c) The oiler and the captain.
(d) The correspondent and the oiler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men use as a sail?
2. Where do the four men hope to find refuge?
3. What does the captain try to do to their intruders?
4. What does the captain do in Part 1?
5. What does the correspondent find in his pocket?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)