|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing the men can see at the book's beginning?
(a) The clouds in the sky.
(b) The slate color of the water.
(c) The lighthouse at Mosquito Inlet.
(d) The shark circling the boat.
2. What is the oiler doing at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Eating dinner.
(b) Taking his turn with the oars.
(c) Taking a nap.
(d) Constructing a makeshift sail.
3. What begins to dart at the men?
4. What curls over the men?
(b) A warm blanket.
(c) Mountain-sized waves.
(d) The rough wind.
5. Who commands the tiny boat?
(a) The cook.
(b) The captain.
(c) The oiler.
(d) The correspondent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who silently marks their adventure as the best experience that he has ever had?
2. What does the oiler say near the end of Part 1?
3. How long do the oiler and correspondent take turns rowing in Part 2?
4. How do the men feel about the results gained from constructing the sail?
5. What do the men use as a sail?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)