|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dampens the others' spirits in Part 3?
(a) The correspondent.
(b) The cook.
(c) The oiler.
(d) The captain.
2. What do the intruders finally do?
(a) Knock the captain overboard.
(b) Join the four men on the boat.
(c) Leave the men alone.
3. Who is on the boat besides the cook, oiler, and captain?
(a) The cook.
(b) The captain.
(c) The correspondent.
(d) The oiler.
4. What does each man finally catch a glimpse of after constructing the sail?
(b) The lighthouse.
(c) The waves.
(d) The sun.
5. What is being rocked as the novel opens?
(a) The large ship.
(b) The carriage.
(c) The baby.
(d) The tiny boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will the men need in order to reach the shore if the boat overturns?
2. Where do the four men hope to find refuge?
3. What does the captain use to get rid of their intruders?
4. Why is the correspondent unable to see the lighthouse?
5. Who is present at the opening of the novel?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)