|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the four men headed?
(a) It is not explained.
(b) North America.
(c) The Bahamas.
2. What does the captain remind the other men?
(a) That they are nearly out of food.
(b) That they must rest.
(c) That they will reach the shore.
(d) That they are going to die.
3. What do the men search the shoreline for?
(a) Their families, awaiting their return.
(b) A life-saving station or a house of refuge.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A hotel.
4. How do the men feel about the results gained from constructing the sail?
5. What does the captain use to get rid of their intruders?
(a) He cannot get rid of them.
(b) His good arm.
(c) His rifle.
(d) An oar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who advises the others not to overdo it?
2. What idea seems optimistic at best?
3. Why are these four men on the tiny boat?
4. What do the men use as a sail?
5. Who bails water from the boat?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)