|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the men view their current situation in Part 2?
(a) As exhilarating.
(b) As boring.
(c) As glorious.
(d) As terrifying.
2. What do the men use as a sail?
(a) A sail.
(b) A tarp.
(c) The captain's overcoat.
(d) A blanket.
3. What idea seems optimistic at best?
(a) Surviving the storm.
(b) Finding dinner.
(c) Reaching land.
(d) Meeting their deadline.
4. What would make the men see their situation as glorious?
(a) Absolutely nothing.
(b) Escaping from it.
(c) Viewing it from a vantage point.
(d) They do see it as glorious.
5. What does the correspondent argue about?
(a) The difference between a life-saving station and a house of refuge.
(b) Whether they will survive.
(c) Who will fix dinner.
(d) When they will be rescued.
Short Answer Questions
1. What determines the gravity of a situation?
2. What does the sun transform the ocean into in Part 2?
3. How do the men view the intruders?
4. Who first spots a lighthouse?
5. Who tries to calm the other men?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)