|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the oiler say near the end of Part 1?
(a) That he cannot row any longer.
(b) That they will soon be rescued.
(c) That he would rather be dead than continue this struggle.
(d) That it is too early to worry about either a life-saving station or a house of refuge.
2. What suggests the men have been on a noteworthy trip?
(a) The presence of the captain.
(b) Their eagerness to reach safety.
(c) Their nice clothes.
(d) The presence of the correspondent.
3. What does the correspondent take turns doing with the oiler in Part 2?
(a) Complaining about their chance of being rescued.
(c) Rowing with both oars.
(d) Eating dinner.
4. Who confirms seeing the lighthouse?
(a) The captain.
(b) The cook.
(c) The correspondent.
(d) The oiler.
5. What is being rocked as the novel opens?
(a) The baby.
(b) The tiny boat.
(c) The large ship.
(d) The carriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the men view their current situation in Part 2?
2. What makes the men feel the way they do about their current situation in Part 2?
3. Who is rowing when the lighthouse comes into view?
4. Why do the men row?
5. What does the correspondent argue about?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)