|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What begins to dart at the men?
2. What is the boat comparable to in size?
(a) A sofa.
(b) A bathtub.
(c) A mountain.
(d) A house.
3. What do the correspondent and his rowing partner use to row?
(a) The men share both oars.
(b) One oar each.
(d) Two oars each.
4. What does the oiler say near the end of Part 1?
(a) That he would rather be dead than continue this struggle.
(b) That he cannot row any longer.
(c) That it is too early to worry about either a life-saving station or a house of refuge.
(d) That they will soon be rescued.
5. Where are the four men headed?
(a) It is not explained.
(b) The Bahamas.
(c) North America.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the object in Part 2 taunt the men?
2. What does the captain remind the other men?
3. What does the sun transform the ocean into in Part 2?
4. Who takes two oars first?
5. Who tries to calm the other men?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)