|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is rowing when the lighthouse comes into view?
(a) The cook.
(b) The captain.
(c) The oiler.
(d) The correspondent.
2. What determines the gravity of a situation?
(a) The age of the people involved.
(b) The danger.
(d) Perspective and view.
3. Why is the correspondent unable to see the lighthouse?
(a) His eyes are too tired to see so far in the distance.
(b) There is no lighthouse.
(c) He is sleeping.
(d) He is too busy rowing to turn around and see it.
4. What do the waves threaten to do?
(a) Sweep the men out to sea.
(b) Calm down.
(c) Drown the boat.
(d) Beat the boat into the rocks.
5. What does the captain try to do to their intruders?
(a) Capture them.
(b) Shoo them away.
(c) Shoot them.
(d) Beat them with an oar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who loses concept of time?
2. Why do the oiler and correspondent sit on the same seat?
3. What is the only thing the men can see at the book's beginning?
4. What makes the men feel the way they do about their current situation in Part 2?
5. What does the captain use to get rid of their intruders?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)