|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the four men hope to find refuge?
(a) Mosquito Inlet Lighthouse.
(b) Bumblebee Cove.
2. How do the men feel when the intruders leave?
3. Where are the four men headed?
(a) North America.
(c) The Bahamas.
(d) It is not explained.
4. What do the waves threaten to do?
(a) Drown the boat.
(b) Sweep the men out to sea.
(c) Beat the boat into the rocks.
(d) Calm down.
5. What suggests the men have been on a noteworthy trip?
(a) The presence of the correspondent.
(b) Their eagerness to reach safety.
(c) Their nice clothes.
(d) The presence of the captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is temporarily buoyed by the sight of the lighthouse?
2. Who tries to calm the other men?
3. What do the correspondent and his rowing partner use to row?
4. How long do the oiler and correspondent take turns rowing in Part 2?
5. How did the injured character sustain his injuries?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)