|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who disagrees with the correspondent near the end of Part 1?
(a) The cook.
(b) The oiler.
(c) The captain.
(d) The correspondent.
2. Who is on the boat besides the cook, oiler, and captain?
(a) The oiler.
(b) The correspondent.
(c) The cook.
(d) The captain.
3. Why do the men row?
(a) They do not row.
(b) For exercise.
(c) For sport.
(d) To save their lives.
4. What is the only thing the men can see at the book's beginning?
(a) The clouds in the sky.
(b) The slate color of the water.
(c) The shark circling the boat.
(d) The lighthouse at Mosquito Inlet.
5. What suggests the men have been on a noteworthy trip?
(a) Their eagerness to reach safety.
(b) The presence of the correspondent.
(c) The presence of the captain.
(d) Their nice clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the oiler doing at the beginning of the novel?
2. Where are the four men headed?
3. What do the men realize when the water changes from gray to emerald green?
4. How did the injured character sustain his injuries?
5. Who is trying to figure out what he is doing on the boat?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)