|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are these four men returning from?
(d) It is not explained.
2. What do the waves seem determined to do?
(a) Drown the dingy.
(b) The waves do not seem determined.
(c) Sweep the captain out of the boat and into the sea.
(d) Escort the men to safety on land.
3. Who is trying to figure out what he is doing on the boat?
(a) The cook.
(b) The captain.
(c) The oiler.
(d) The correspondent.
4. Why are these four men on the tiny boat?
(a) It is not explained.
(b) They are returning from an expedition for gold.
(c) Their ship was destroyed by pirates.
(d) They were out fishing and got caught in the storm.
5. Who is injured?
(a) The captain.
(b) The oiler.
(c) The correspondent.
(d) The cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the men row?
2. What is the oiler doing at the beginning of the novel?
3. What suggests the men have been on a noteworthy trip?
4. What do the waves threaten to do?
5. What do the men realize when the water changes from gray to emerald green?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)