|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men search the shoreline for?
(a) Their families, awaiting their return.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A life-saving station or a house of refuge.
(d) A restaurant.
2. Where are these four men returning from?
(d) It is not explained.
3. What does the correspondent argue about?
(a) The difference between a life-saving station and a house of refuge.
(b) Who will fix dinner.
(c) When they will be rescued.
(d) Whether they will survive.
4. What do the men realize when the water changes from gray to emerald green?
(a) That the storm has lifted.
(b) That it is nighttime.
(c) That it must be daylight.
(d) That the storm has arrived.
5. What do the men learn quickly?
(a) That they will never reach land.
(b) That they are near land.
(c) That they cannot construct a sail.
(d) That with each crashing wave, there is another one right on its wake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the waves seem determined to do?
2. Who is injured?
3. What is being rocked as the novel opens?
4. How did the injured character sustain his injuries?
5. Who loses concept of time?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)