|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who disagrees with the correspondent near the end of Part 1?
(a) The captain.
(b) The cook.
(c) The correspondent.
(d) The oiler.
2. What idea seems optimistic at best?
(a) Meeting their deadline.
(b) Finding dinner.
(c) Reaching land.
(d) Surviving the storm.
3. Why do the men row?
(a) To save their lives.
(b) For exercise.
(c) For sport.
(d) They do not row.
4. What is the oiler doing at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Taking a nap.
(b) Taking his turn with the oars.
(c) Constructing a makeshift sail.
(d) Eating dinner.
5. Where are these four men returning from?
(c) It is not explained.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing the men can see at the book's beginning?
2. Why are these four men on the tiny boat?
3. What do the waves threaten to do?
4. What is being rocked as the novel opens?
5. Where are the four men headed?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)