|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the correspondent show great character in Part 5?
(a) He does not show great character in Part 5.
(b) By letting the others sleep while he faces danger alone.
(c) By allowing the captain to eat his portion of their dinner.
(d) By rowing continually.
2. Who disagrees with the correspondent near the end of Part 1?
(a) The captain.
(b) The cook.
(c) The oiler.
(d) The correspondent.
3. Who died in the story recalled in Part 6?
(a) A mother.
(b) A priest.
(c) A correspondent.
(d) A Legionnaire.
4. Who is the crew on the tiny boat?
(a) Three close brothers.
(b) Three lifelong friends.
(c) Three bitter enemies.
(d) Three unlikely shipmates.
5. What does the captain use to get rid of their intruders?
(a) His good arm.
(b) His rifle.
(c) An oar.
(d) He cannot get rid of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears to be the main character in "The Open Boat"?
2. What do the men use as a sail?
3. Who stops the correspondent's watch of the object in Part 6?
4. What do the men wonder about as they head out toward deeper water in Part 4?
5. What would make the men see their situation as glorious?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)