|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is temporarily buoyed by the sight of the lighthouse?
(b) The wind.
(c) The boat.
(d) The men's spirits.
2. Who is exhaustion overtaking in Part 3?
(a) The cook and the captain.
(b) The two rowers and the captain.
(c) The correspondent and the oiler.
(d) The two rowers and the man doing the bailing.
3. What determines the gravity of a situation?
(a) The danger.
(c) Perspective and view.
(d) The age of the people involved.
4. Who wishes for different company near the end of Part 5?
(a) The cook.
(b) The correspondent.
(c) The oiler.
(d) The captain.
5. In Part 4, what are the men unable to believe?
(a) That their boat has not sunk yet.
(b) That they will survive this adventure.
(c) That the sea will take them when they have come so close to shore.
(d) That they will remain friends with one another.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men use as a sail?
2. What do the men do since they are unable to reach shore safely in Part 4?
3. Who advises the others not to overdo it?
4. What does the correspondent keep an eye on in Part 6?
5. Who says that they may as well head for shore in Part 4?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)