|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which man's life is not of the sea?
(a) The captain.
(b) The correspondent.
(c) The cook.
(d) The oiler.
2. Who recalls a story he once read in Part 6?
(a) The correspondent.
(b) The oiler.
(c) The captain.
(d) The cook.
3. What do the men think is odd in Part 4?
(a) That nature is indifferent.
(b) That the winds are calm.
(c) That the waves are vicious.
(d) That no one sees them.
4. What can the men do about the shark?
(a) Be its dinner.
(b) Kill it.
(d) Laugh at it.
5. What do the men finally see near the end of Part 4?
(a) Their families waving frantically.
(b) A man who sees them.
(c) A group of people celebrating the holiday.
(d) A man cooking his dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men learn quickly?
2. What does the man onshore do?
3. What does the captain remind the other men?
4. Who orders the sail made again in Part 6?
5. Why do the men believe no one is coming to rescue them?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)