|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the men feel when the intruders leave?
2. Which man's life is not of the sea?
(a) The captain.
(b) The cook.
(c) The oiler.
(d) The correspondent.
3. What does the correspondent argue about?
(a) The difference between a life-saving station and a house of refuge.
(b) Whether they will survive.
(c) When they will be rescued.
(d) Who will fix dinner.
4. What do the men think that anyone who has seen them from onshore may believe?
(a) That they are simply out for sport.
(b) That they are already dead.
(c) That saving them is hopeless.
(d) That they are an illusion.
5. What happens when the man onshore runs to a house?
(a) The four men on the boat dive into the sea and swim toward shore.
(b) The four men on the boat cry.
(c) Another man joins him in waving.
(d) He never returns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the correspondent find in his pocket?
2. Whose nature is naturally more cynical than the others'?
3. What floats by to taunt the men?
4. What does the oiler say near the end of Part 1?
5. Why do the men believe no one is coming to rescue them?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)