|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the correspondent unable to see the lighthouse?
(a) There is no lighthouse.
(b) He is sleeping.
(c) He is too busy rowing to turn around and see it.
(d) His eyes are too tired to see so far in the distance.
2. Who is forced into rowing again in Part 3?
(a) The oiler and the captain.
(b) The correspondent and the oiler.
(c) The correspondent and the captain.
(d) The cook and the captain.
3. What do the men think is odd in Part 4?
(a) That nature is indifferent.
(b) That the waves are vicious.
(c) That no one sees them.
(d) That the winds are calm.
4. What does the man onshore use to wave like a black flag?
(a) A black flag.
(b) His arms.
(c) A blanket.
(d) His coat.
5. How did the injured character sustain his injuries?
(a) He fell and hurt himself.
(b) It is not made clear.
(c) He was injured by nearly drowning.
(d) He was injured defending the ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the man onshore runs to a house?
2. Where is the lighthouse?
3. What determines the gravity of a situation?
4. Why do the men have to take the boat back out to sea in Part 4?
5. Who says that they may as well head for shore in Part 4?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)