|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men do all afternoon after being deluged in Part 4?
(a) Laugh in the face of adversity.
(b) Yell for help.
(c) Take turns rowing.
(d) Mourn their fates.
2. What curls over the men?
(a) The rough wind.
(b) Mountain-sized waves.
(d) A warm blanket.
3. What do the men do since they are unable to reach shore safely in Part 4?
(a) Head out to deeper water.
(b) Accept their deaths.
(c) Head toward shore.
(d) Head toward another island.
4. Who disagrees with the correspondent near the end of Part 1?
(a) The cook.
(b) The oiler.
(c) The captain.
(d) The correspondent.
5. Why do the men have to take the boat back out to sea in Part 4?
(a) They forgot one of the men at sea.
(b) They are suddenly deluged again.
(c) They realize they are at the wrong island.
(d) They do not take the boat back out to sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men learn quickly?
2. Where are these four men returning from?
3. What do the waves seem determined to do?
4. What is being rocked as the novel opens?
5. Who loses concept of time?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)