|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the captain try to do to their intruders?
(a) Shoot them.
(b) Beat them with an oar.
(c) Shoo them away.
(d) Capture them.
2. What does the man onshore use to wave like a black flag?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A black flag.
(c) His arms.
(d) His coat.
3. What do the men construct in Part 3 that yields immediate results?
(a) Complaining about their circumstances.
(b) The sail.
(c) Yelling for help.
(d) Fishing for dinner.
4. Why do the men row?
(a) To save their lives.
(b) For exercise.
(c) They do not row.
(d) For sport.
5. How long do the oiler and correspondent take turns rowing in Part 2?
(a) For over a week.
(b) For three days.
(c) For nearly a month.
(d) For quite some time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to calm the other men?
2. Who is exhaustion overtaking in Part 3?
3. What do the men do all afternoon after being deluged in Part 4?
4. Where do the four men hope to find refuge?
5. What do the men search the shoreline for?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)