|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who spots a watch fire on the beach in Part 6?
(a) The cook.
(b) The correspondent.
(c) The captain.
(d) The oiler.
2. What do the men think is odd in Part 4?
(a) That no one sees them.
(b) That the winds are calm.
(c) That the waves are vicious.
(d) That nature is indifferent.
3. Why is the makeshift sail made again in Part 6?
(a) So that the oiler and the captain can sleep at the same time.
(b) So that the oiler and the correspondent can sleep at the same time.
(c) Because the men are bored and need something to do.
(d) The makeshift sail is not made again.
4. What are the men facing in Part 2?
(a) Each other.
(b) A wall of water rushing at them.
(c) Being rescued.
5. What happens when the man onshore runs to a house?
(a) The four men on the boat cry.
(b) He never returns.
(c) The four men on the boat dive into the sea and swim toward shore.
(d) Another man joins him in waving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men do since they are unable to reach shore safely in Part 4?
2. Why are the men unable to reach shore safely in Part 4?
3. What do the men wonder about as they head out toward deeper water in Part 4?
4. What do the men look for as they row in Part 4?
5. What happens when night comes at the end of Part 4?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)