|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lust for Gold, Lust for Silver.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did Columbus "discover" America?
2. Though the Indians of Latin American had a population of 70 million before foreign invasion, how many remained after 150 years?
(b) 15 million.
(c) 50 million.
(d) 3.5 million.
3. What are the origins of the Indian women's style of dress?
(a) The styles were passed down through generations of native women.
(b) The styles were popularized by the Spanish nobility and worn by the natives as cast-offs.
(c) The styles were copied from peasant woman in Spain and imposed by Charles III.
(d) The styles were imposed in modern times by a fascist government.
4. What resource is exploited in modern-day Potosi?
5. For whom did Montezuma mistake the invading Europeans?
(a) For King Ferdinand himself.
(b) For his enemies in the south.
(c) For the god Quetzalcoatl.
(d) For the god Tenochtitlan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is expropriation?
2. Who was Aleijadinho?
3. Who usually financed the conquistadors' expeditions?
4. Where did Columbus think he had landed, even during his third voyage?
5. What resources caused the boom of the Minas Gerais region?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)