|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lust for Gold, Lust for Silver.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Aleijadinho?
(a) A Portuguese merchant who exported gold from Brazil.
(b) The governor of Minas Gerais.
(c) One of the greatest artists in Brazil's history, nicknamed "Little Cripple."
(d) A Brazilian slave who worked in the diamond mines.
2. What famous saying was associated with Guanajuato?
(a) "Father a merchant, son a gentleman, grandson a beggar."
(b) "A city of wisdom."
(c) "Gold and silver to be had, for a price."
(d) "A stitch in time saves nine."
3. What resource is exploited in modern-day Potosi?
4. What Hapsburg King of Spain was obsessed with religious wars, draining Spain's coffers and exploited Latin America?
(a) Charles V.
(b) Henry VIII.
(c) Ferdinand of Aragon.
(d) Louis XI.
5. Who usually financed the conquistadors' expeditions?
(a) The state or government.
(b) Businessmen or the conquistadors themselves.
(c) England's monarch.
(d) The native peoples of the New World.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Columbus "discover" America?
2. What Aztec innovation in Mexico City is still visited by tourists today?
3. Where did Columbus think he had landed, even during his third voyage?
4. What did Columbus witness on his first voyage, while passing Tenerife?
5. What resource was at the center of the city of Potosi's prosperity?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)