|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lust for Gold, Lust for Silver.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Tupac Amaru?
(a) He was a Mayan chief who led the people out of occupied Cuzco.
(b) He was a mestizo chief and a descendant of the Incas who led a rebellion in Cuzco.
(c) He was a Spanish soldier who defected to the natives.
(d) He was a Spanish general who conquered the natives in Cuzco.
2. What was the great Aztec capital city?
3. What analogy does Paul Baran use to explain the division of labor with the arrival of capitalism?
(a) The mother and the son.
(b) The actor and the audience.
(c) The priest and his congregation.
(d) The horseman and the horse.
4. What Spanish city was reconquered in 1492 under the reign of Ferdinand and Isabella?
5. To what purpose, according to Bernal Diaz del Castillo, did the Spanish come to Mexico?
(a) To bring the natives European literature and guns.
(b) To serve God and His Majesty and also to get riches.
(c) To learn of the native peoples of the strange new land.
(d) To build houses and start a new civilization.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Columbus witness on his first voyage, while passing Tenerife?
2. What did Andre Gunder Frank discover upon analyzing the history of Latin America's "metropolis-satellite" relationships?
3. Without its acquisition of Brazilian gold from Portugal, what major conflict would England surely have lost?
4. How much silver was retained in the Spanish economy from 1540-1550?
5. What resource was at the center of the city of Potosi's prosperity?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)