|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lust for Gold, Lust for Silver.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Though the Indians of Latin American had a population of 70 million before foreign invasion, how many remained after 150 years?
(a) 50 million.
(b) 3.5 million.
(d) 15 million.
2. What did Haitians do to avoid forced labor in the mines?
(a) They rebelled and drove the Spaniards away.
(b) They poisoned the Spanish in great numbers.
(c) They committed mass suicide.
(d) They ran away and resettled.
3. What famous saying was associated with Guanajuato?
(a) "A city of wisdom."
(b) "A stitch in time saves nine."
(c) "Father a merchant, son a gentleman, grandson a beggar."
(d) "Gold and silver to be had, for a price."
4. What great mathematical principle did the Mayans discover before any other people in history?
(a) The concept of zero.
(b) General relativity.
(c) The circumference of the earth.
5. What Spanish conquistador defeated the great Tenochtitlan?
(b) Marco Polo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Miguel Hidalgo?
2. Without its acquisition of Brazilian gold from Portugal, what major conflict would England surely have lost?
3. Who was Aleijadinho?
4. Who was Tupac Amaru?
5. To what purpose, according to Bernal Diaz del Castillo, did the Spanish come to Mexico?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)