|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Julius treating M. for?
(a) Suicidal thoughts.
2. What does Julius notice about people’s clothing, as he takes the subway around the city?
(a) That it is extremely variable.
(b) That it expresses people’s individualism.
(c) That it reflects numerous cultures.
(d) That it is mostly dark colors.
3. What is Julius treating V. for?
(c) Multiple personality disorder.
4. What effect does Julius say his curtness has on the waitress who brings him coffee in Grand Sablon?
5. What disease does Julius say killed his father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the wound that Julius says Farouq carries?
2. What does Julius reflect on, after seeing the film The Last King of Scotland?
3. What is V.’s book about?
4. What happens to decrease the tension over the recent incident in Brussels when Julius visits?
5. What does Julius think about doing in the boat basin behind the World Financial Center?
Short Essay Questions
1. What made the detained immigrant Saidu leave Liberia?
2. How does Julius explain his split with Nadège?
3. How does the incident in which Musibau accused Julius of stealing his paper ultimately work in Julius’ favor?
4. What kind of trip does Julius make to Brussels?
5. How does Farouq surprise Julius?
6. What does Julius say his relationship with his mother is like?
7. What does Julius contemplate doing when he thinks about his patient, M., at the boat basin behind the World Financial Center?
8. At the book's beginning, why does the narrator says that he goes for long walks?
9. What are Farouq’s two projects?
10. What does Nadège’s limp make Julius think about, and what does it make him see about Nadège?
This section contains 1,104 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)