|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is V.’s book about?
(a) The murder of Native Americans in New York.
(b) The invention of machinery.
(c) The expansion of trade routes in colonial New York.
(d) The financing of slave ships.
2. How does Julius characterize his mother’s feelings about Nigeria?
(a) She hated it because she felt trapped there.
(b) She hated it because she did not feel at home there.
(c) She loved it but could never belong there.
(d) She loved it because she had come to belong there.
3. What is Julius’ reaction to Dr. Saito telling him that he is ready to die in Chapter 15?
(a) He holds his hand.
(b) He sits mute and still.
(c) He rushes out.
(d) He calls the nurse.
4. What happens after Julius breaks his mother’s rule in Chapter 10?
(a) He is not punished.
(b) His mother canes him.
(c) His father sends him to his room.
(d) His grandmother makes him clean the house.
5. What does Julius not end up having to tell the woman he has sex with in Brussels?
(a) I could really care for you.
(b) Whether he thought the night was good or bad.
(c) This cannot happen again.
(d) I want to see you again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hospital does Julius work at?
2. What is the title Teju Cole gives to Part 2 of Open City, beginning with Chapter 12?
3. How old is the Czechoslovakian tourist Julius has a one-night encounter with?
4. How does Julius say he and his mother responded to Julius’ father’s death?
5. How much does Julius say he carries around his patients’ experiences and stories?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)