|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Maillotte say the actual ethnic composition of Brussels is?
(a) 75%Walloon, 21% Flemish and 4% Arab and African.
(b) 48% Walloon, 48% Flemish, and 4% % Arab and African.
(c) 95% Walloon, 1% Flemish, and 4% Arab and African.
(d) 40% Walloon, 40% Flemish, and 20% Arab and African.
2. What does Julius say his friend is passionate about?
(b) Native American culture.
(d) Local history.
3. How does Julius describe the expression of the Welcomers when they get to the immigrant detention facility?
4. What do Julius, Farouq and Farouq’s friend Khalil agree on, in terms of the portrayal of blacks in America and Muslims in Europe?
(a) That the portrayal is created in advance by the unconscious of the race.
(b) That one or two men determine how the whole society sees them.
(c) That the people are responsible for how they are portrayed.
(d) That the people with power control the portrayal.
5. What is it about Farouq that surprises Julius?
(a) Farouq’s sense of humor.
(b) Farouq’s intellect.
(c) Farouq’s conscientiousness.
(d) Farouq’s ambition.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Julius watches the snowflakes come down after meeting with his accountant in Chapter 13, he feels a furious sense of what?
2. On his way home from the cinema, who does Julius have a presentiment about seeing again?
3. What is Julius’ reaction when he sees Hasidic Jews looking at Munkasci’s images of Goebbels?
4. What does Julius forget to take to his appointment with his accountant in Chapter 13?
5. How does Julius say his field of study compares to other fields?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)