|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Julius prepare himself for winter?
(a) By vacationing in snowy places.
(b) By looking at photos of New England winter.
(c) By overdressing.
(d) By staying inside as much as possible.
2. What is the wound that Julius says Farouq carries?
(a) Having been discriminated against.
(b) Having his dissertation declined.
(c) Having been forced out of his homeland.
(d) Having to fund his own way through school.
3. What effect does Julius’ father’s death have on Julius’ studies?
(a) He has difficulty managing his family affairs and his studies simultaneously.
(b) He is distracted and almost fails out.
(c) He throws himself in and excels.
(d) He starts to party too much.
4. What is it about Farouq that surprises Julius?
(a) Farouq’s sense of humor.
(b) Farouq’s intellect.
(c) Farouq’s ambition.
(d) Farouq’s conscientiousness.
5. What do Julius’ thoughts about the Africans he had seen in Le Panais make him think about the cleaning woman in the church?
(a) That she might be seeking refuge in the church.
(b) That she might have been a killer in Africa.
(c) That she might be dreaming of fleeing Belgium.
(d) That she might be in Brussels to forget.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Julius say he carries around his patients’ experiences and stories?
2. At what age was Julius sent to boarding school?
3. What did Saidu have to invent, in order to get a passport?
4. What question does Julius say he wakes up with, from his dream at the start of Chapter 10?
5. How does Julius say his field of study compares to other fields?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)