|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect does Julius say his curtness has on the waitress who brings him coffee in Grand Sablon?
2. How does Julius characterize the city when he comes out of the Wall Street subway stop?
(a) A palimpsest.
(b) A miniature model.
(c) A living entity.
(d) A rough draft.
3. What does Julius notice about people’s clothing, as he takes the subway around the city?
(a) That it expresses people’s individualism.
(b) That it is extremely variable.
(c) That it reflects numerous cultures.
(d) That it is mostly dark colors.
4. What is Julius treating M. for?
(a) Suicidal thoughts.
5. What did Pierre, the bootblack who shines Julius’ shoes, used to do before he became a boot black?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Julius get a reputation for, after the affair of Musibau’s stolen newspaper, at the military school?
2. What does Dr. Maillotte tell Julius she thinks about Ghanaians?
3. How does Julius say his father’s people reacted to Julius’ father’s death?
4. What does Julius say explains the sense of hermeticism in the paintings of John Brewster?
5. What does Mayken, Julius’ short-term landlord for his stay in Brussels, tell him the ethnic composition of Brussels was supposed to be?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)