|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Saidu from?
2. At what age was Julius sent to boarding school?
3. How does Julius characterize his mother’s feelings about Nigeria?
(a) She loved it but could never belong there.
(b) She hated it because she felt trapped there.
(c) She loved it because she had come to belong there.
(d) She hated it because she did not feel at home there.
4. What did Julius get a reputation for, after the affair of Musibau’s stolen newspaper, at the military school?
5. What does Nadège tell Julius when he calls her with news of Dr. Saito’s death?
(a) She tells him that she wants him back.
(b) She tells him she is engaged.
(c) She tells him she is sorry to hear that.
(d) She tells him she will come back for the funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Julius characterize his feeling when he is watching the marching band in Chinatown in Chapter 16?
2. Who is in the shop Julius stop into in Chinatown in Chapter 16?
3. What does Julius ransack his parents house looking for, while his mother is gone, in the childhood he remembers?
4. How does Julius describe sex with this tourist whose name he does not know?
5. What did Pierre, the bootblack who shines Julius’ shoes, used to do before he became a boot black?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)