|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sal feel after Dean confides in Sal about his reaction to their fight?
2. What does Marylou do when she sees Sal on the streets of San Francisco?
3. Where does Dean take Sal to stay in San Francisco?
4. What are Sal and Dean's travel companions' reactions when it is Dean's turn to take the wheel of the vehicle?
5. What happens when Camille finds out about Inez?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Sal and Dean return the travel bureau car in Chicago?
2. What happens between Sal and Marylou in San Francisco?
3. Why does Dean want to take the trip with Sal and Stan?
4. What decision did the other passengers override Sal and Dean on in Sacramento?
5. How do Sal, Dean, and Marylou get money so they can make it from Arizona to California?
6. What place do Dean and Sal plan to travel to where they have never been before?
7. What does Camille do to Dean and Sal in the spring of 1949?
8. What does Old Bull think is a sign from Sal's father?
9. What happens when Dean returns to see Sal at the hotel?
10. What happens to Stan on the way to Mexico?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sometimes individuals or groups who refuse to adjust to mainstream society experience penalties for their decision. Do Sal and his friends experience any negative effects from those who are in mainstream America?
Cite specific examples from the book to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Post-World War II America was very insular by turning inward and focusing on internal issues and families. How does Beat society compare to post-World War II America?
Essay Topic 3
Sal has views about different groups who were marginalized in mid-20th century America. What are his views on these groups? Are there any differences among categories of people? If so, why? Cite specific examples from the book.
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)