|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Dean and Sal get to Denver in Part 3?
(a) In a travel bureau car.
(b) By bus.
(c) They take an airplane.
(d) They hitchhike.
2. Who does Dean seek out in Denver?
(a) Chad King.
(b) Carlo Marx.
(c) His long-lost father.
(d) An old girl friend.
3. Where is Camille working in San Francisco?
(a) At a five-and-dime store.
(b) At a diner.
(c) At a doctor's office.
(d) At a vinyard picking grapes.
4. Where do Sal and Dean clean up in Chicago?
(a) At a friend's house.
(b) At a hotel.
(c) At a bus station.
(d) In the college boys' YMCA room.
5. What personal news does Dean share with Sal and Stan in Part 4?
(a) That he wants a divorce from Camille.
(b) That he wants to collaborate on a book with them.
(c) That he wants to move to Tucson.
(d) That he is participating in Alcoholics Annonymous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dean unable to work in San Francisco?
2. What is Sal and Dean's plan before they take their second trip in 1949?
3. Why does the travel bureau car's owner need his car driven to Chicago?
4. What is the name of the horse that Sal bets on?
5. In Part 3, what do Sal and Dean's travel companions to Denver want to do in Sacramento?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sal do to put a damper on the friendship with Dean and Camille?
2. Who does Dean meet at a party in New York?
3. What arrives in San Francisco that allows Sal to return to New York?
4. Where do Sal, Dean, and Stan Shepherd travel in Part 4 of On the Road?
5. Sal and Dean have their first argument at a restaurant in Denver. What is the argument about?
6. What does Camille do to Dean and Sal in the spring of 1949?
7. How do Sal, Dean, and Marylou get money so they can make it from Arizona to California?
8. What happens when Sal and Dean return the travel bureau car in Chicago?
9. What happens between Sal and Marylou in San Francisco?
10. Why are the car owner and the couple all too happy to drop Sal and Dean off in Denver?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)