|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the travel bureau car's owner need his car driven to Chicago?
(a) He bought a new car out west and drove it back to Chicago.
(b) He carpooled with a friend on the return trip.
(c) His family decided to take the train after traveling by car.
(d) He lost his driver's license.
2. What happens in a restaurant in Denver when Sal and Dean are en route to New York?
(a) They pick up women.
(b) They stiff the server with the bill.
(c) Sal and Dean have their first outright argument.
(d) They make plans to travel to Canada.
3. What does Dean do while Camille is at work?
(a) He tends to their child.
(b) He drinks.
(c) He goes out with friends.
(d) He takes college courses to become a writer.
4. What does Marylou admit to Sal after they arrive in San Francisco?
(a) That he is really wearing on her after the long trip.
(b) That she really admires him.
(c) She only used him to make Dean jealous.
(d) She has a crush on him.
5. Why is Dean unable to work in San Francisco?
(a) He has to tend to Camille.
(b) He has injured his hand.
(c) Because of his frequent out of town trips.
(d) Because of his excessive drinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does their friend assist Sal, Dean, and Stan in Mexico?
2. Where do Sal, Dean, and Marylou drop Alfred off?
3. How is Sal able to travel from Denver to San Francisco in the spring of 1949?
4. How does Sal justify Dean's behavior to Old Bull Lee?
5. What is Dean's reaction to his passengers being terrified of his driving on his trip from Denver to Chicago?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the dream that both Sal and Dean have about driving?
2. Whose ranch do Sal, Dean, and the two passengers visit in Colorado?
3. What happens between Sal and Marylou in San Francisco?
4. How do Sal, Dean, and Marylou get money so they can make it from Arizona to California?
5. Why does Dean want to take the trip with Sal and Stan?
6. Where do Sal, Dean, and Stan Shepherd travel in Part 4 of On the Road?
7. What place do Dean and Sal plan to travel to where they have never been before?
8. What does Sal do to put a damper on the friendship with Dean and Camille?
9. Who does Dean meet at a party in New York?
10. What happens when Sal and Dean return the travel bureau car in Chicago?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)