|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Sal and Dean's travel companions' reactions when they overhear Sal and Dean's discussing their car dream?
(a) They are increasingly irritated.
(b) They are increasingly nervous.
(c) They are increasingly bored.
(d) They are increasingly intrigued.
2. What are Sal and Dean's travel companions' reactions when it is Dean's turn to take the wheel of the vehicle?
(a) They are enthusiastic.
(b) They are terrified.
(c) They are annoyed.
(d) They are bored.
3. What does Dean do while Camille is at work?
(a) He takes college courses to become a writer.
(b) He drinks.
(c) He tends to their child.
(d) He goes out with friends.
4. What does Sal do in Texas to get money to buy gas?
(a) He panhandles.
(b) He works in the field picking fruit.
(c) He holds up a liquor store.
(d) He pawns his watch.
5. What does Sal feel when he passes the fields near Bakersfield in Part 2?
(a) He feels confusion.
(b) He feels nostalgic.
(c) He feels hungry.
(d) He feels pangs of guilt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sal, Dean, and Marylou's car run off the road into the mud?
2. Where do Sal and Dean clean up in Chicago?
3. What action does Camille take with Dean and Sal in San Francisco?
4. Why does the travel bureau car's owner need his car driven to Chicago?
5. Who does the travel bureau car that Sal and Dean drive from Denver to Chicago belong to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Sal, Dean, and Stan Shepherd travel in Part 4 of On the Road?
2. Whose ranch do Sal, Dean, and the two passengers visit in Colorado?
3. Sal and Dean have their first argument at a restaurant in Denver. What is the argument about?
4. How do Sal, Dean, and Marylou get money so they can make it from Arizona to California?
5. How does a wealthy woman assist Sal in Denver?
6. Why are the car owner and the couple all too happy to drop Sal and Dean off in Denver?
7. What decision did the other passengers override Sal and Dean on in Sacramento?
8. Who do Sal and Dean ride with in a travel bureau car from San Francisco to Denver?
9. What happens when Sal and Dean return the travel bureau car in Chicago?
10. What is the dream that both Sal and Dean have about driving?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)