|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Sal and Dean decide to travel in 1949?
(c) New Orleans.
2. Who do Sal, Dean, and Marylou meet in Texas?
(a) A poet named Walt.
(b) A prostitute named Mary Jane.
(c) A hitchhiker named Alfred.
(d) A businessman named Donald.
3. Who does Sal meet in Denver on his third trip West?
4. Who is Dean referring to when he tells Sal that "God has arrived"?
(a) A musician, George Shearing.
(b) An author, Edmund McLean.
(c) The actor, James Dean.
(d) The poet, William Carlos Williams.
5. What happens to Sal in Mexico City?
(a) He gets arrested.
(b) He gets dysentery.
(c) He gets in a car accident.
(d) He meets a woman and falls in love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marylou do when she sees Sal on the streets of San Francisco?
2. What plans do Sal and Stan make during Sal's last trip to Denver?
3. Who does Dean meet at a party in New York?
4. Who do Sal, Dean, and Stan meet in a town called Gregoria?
5. Why do Sal and Dean's travel companions seem leery of Dean on their 1949 trip to Denver?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening in Dean and Camille's lives when Sal visits them in San Francisco in the spring of 1949?
2. Who do Sal and Dean ride with in a travel bureau car from San Francisco to Denver?
3. What happens to Stan on the way to Mexico?
4. How do Sal, Dean, and Marylou get money so they can make it from Arizona to California?
5. What happens when Dean returns to see Sal at the hotel?
6. What happens when Sal and Dean return the travel bureau car in Chicago?
7. What does Dean do when he, Sal, and Marylou arrive in San Francisco?
8. Whose ranch do Sal, Dean, and the two passengers visit in Colorado?
9. Who does Dean meet at a party in New York?
10. What happens between Sal and Marylou in San Francisco?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)