|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Sal and Dean's travel companions' reactions to dropping Sal and Dean off at their stop?
(a) They are very disappointed .
(b) They are very happy.
(c) They are very ambivalent.
(d) They are very wary.
2. What is one of the things Sal and Dean discuss before Dean departs West to see Camille and his children?
(a) That Sal could marry Camille after she and Dean get a divorce.
(b) That Sal, Dean, and Dean's father could take a trip together.
(c) That Dean and his family and Sal and his future family could live on the same street.
(d) That maybe Sal could rent a room at Dean and Camille's house.
3. What news does Dean share with Stan and Sal while in Mexico?
(a) Dean wants to extend their trip to Guatemala.
(b) Dean's father is being released from prison.
(c) Dean has a divorce from Camille.
(d) Camille is going to have another child.
4. What news does Sam Brady deliver to Dean?
(a) That Miles Davis will be performing in Denver.
(b) That Dean can live with him.
(c) That he used to date Camille.
(d) That no one in his family cares to have any interaction with Dean or his father.
5. How does Sal feel after Dean confides in Sal about his reaction to their fight?
(a) He feels that Dean is a sissy.
(b) He feels manipulated.
(c) He feels relieved.
(d) He feels guilt-ridden.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Sal, Dean's soul is wrapped up in ______________________? (fill in the blank)
2. Where do Sal and Dean's travel companions drop off Sal and Dean on their trip East in Part 3?
3. What are Sal and Dean's travel companions' reactions when they overhear Sal and Dean's discussing their car dream?
4. What does Dean tell Sal after their first real argument?
5. What is the first place Sal visits on his return trip to San Francisco in the spring of 1949?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whose ranch do Sal, Dean, and the two passengers visit in Colorado?
2. Who does Dean meet at a party in New York?
3. What place do Dean and Sal plan to travel to where they have never been before?
4. What does Sal do to put a damper on the friendship with Dean and Camille?
5. What is the dream that both Sal and Dean have about driving?
6. Sal and Dean have their first argument at a restaurant in Denver. What is the argument about?
7. What is happening in Dean and Camille's lives when Sal visits them in San Francisco in the spring of 1949?
8. What happens to Sal, Dean, and Marylou's car in Texas?
9. Where do Sal, Dean, and Stan Shepherd travel in Part 4 of On the Road?
10. What happens to Stan on the way to Mexico?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)