|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dean learn his father is?
(a) On Wall Street in New York.
(b) In prison in Seattle.
(c) On skid row in Detroit..
(d) In prison in Santa Fe.
2. How is Sal able to travel from Denver to San Francisco in the spring of 1949?
(a) He finds some money on the street.
(b) From the money he earns as a laborer.
(c) A rich woman gives him one hundred dollars.
(d) From winnings at the horse racetrack.
3. What is Dean's job in San Francisco?
(a) He is a parking lot attendant.
(b) He is a bartender.
(c) He is selling pressure cookers.
(d) He is a security guard at an army barracks.
4. In Part 3, who takes the wheel of the vehicle that Dean and Sal are riding in while in Sacramento?
(a) The homosexual man.
(b) Sal .
(c) One of the couple.
5. What does Sal learn about Dean and Camille after his arrival in San Francisco?
(a) That they are getting a divorce.
(b) That they are expecting their second child.
(c) That Camille has the mumps.
(d) That they are moving to San Antonio
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dean seek out in Denver?
2. Who rescues Sal from the hotel in San Francisco?
3. What does Marylou admit to Sal after they arrive in San Francisco?
4. What does Sal consider a sign that he and Dean need to leave Denver?
5. What personal news does Dean share with Sal and Stan in Part 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Sal, Dean, and Marylou get money so they can make it from Arizona to California?
2. What arrives in San Francisco that allows Sal to return to New York?
3. What is the dream that both Sal and Dean have about driving?
4. Why does Dean want to take the trip with Sal and Stan?
5. Sal and Dean have their first argument at a restaurant in Denver. What is the argument about?
6. What happens to Sal in Mexico City?
7. What does Old Bull think is a sign from Sal's father?
8. Who are the other passengers in the travel bureau car that belongs to a wealthy man in Chicago?
9. What happens to Stan on the way to Mexico?
10. Where do Sal, Dean, and Stan Shepherd travel in Part 4 of On the Road?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)