|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose ranch do Sal and Dean visit in Colorado?
(a) Montana Slim.
(b) Old Bull Lee.
(c) Ed Dunkel.
(d) Ed Wall.
2. Who does Dean meet at a party in New York?
3. What is the best time of day for Old Bull?
(a) The evenings.
(b) The afternoons.
(c) The mornings.
(d) Late nights.
4. What are Sal and Dean's travel companions' reactions to dropping Sal and Dean off at their stop?
(a) They are very wary.
(b) They are very happy.
(c) They are very ambivalent.
(d) They are very disappointed .
5. How does Sal get the money to leave San Francisco for the second time?
(a) He works as a grocery clerk.
(b) He pawns his watch.
(c) He sells a manuscript.
(d) Sal's aunt sends him a GI check.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sal and Dean's dream about while driving in a car?
2. How is Sal able to travel from Denver to San Francisco in the spring of 1949?
3. What happens to Stan shortly after he, Sal, and Dean depart from Denver?
4. What does Marylou do when she sees Sal on the streets of San Francisco?
5. What is Sal's and Marylou's plan before they arrive in San Francisco?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dean do when he, Sal, and Marylou arrive in San Francisco?
2. What is happening in Dean and Camille's lives when Sal visits them in San Francisco in the spring of 1949?
3. What does Sal do to put a damper on the friendship with Dean and Camille?
4. What does Dean's cousin, Sam Brady, tell Dean when he was attempting to locate his father in Denver?
5. What happens between Sal and Marylou in San Francisco?
6. How does a wealthy woman assist Sal in Denver?
7. What is the dream that both Sal and Dean have about driving?
8. What happens when Dean returns to see Sal at the hotel?
9. What does Camille do to Dean and Sal in the spring of 1949?
10. Why does Dean want to take the trip with Sal and Stan?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)