|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Sal, Dean, and Marylou meet in Texas?
(a) A businessman named Donald.
(b) A hitchhiker named Alfred.
(c) A poet named Walt.
(d) A prostitute named Mary Jane.
2. Where does Dean take Sal to stay in San Francisco?
(a) At the hotel where Roland Major is staying.
(b) At Camille's house.
(c) At Marylou's new apartment.
(d) At Remi Boncoeur's house.
3. Who does the travel bureau car that Sal and Dean drive from Denver to Chicago belong to?
(a) An artist.
(b) A mobster.
(c) A car dealer.
(d) A wealthy man.
4. What does Sal pack for his departure from San Francisco?
(a) A manuscript.
(b) A gun.
(c) His pajamas.
(d) Some sandwiches.
5. How does their friend assist Sal, Dean, and Stan in Mexico?
(a) He directs them to a brothel.
(b) He treats Stan's insect bite.
(c) He gives them directions.
(d) He sells them drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sal's arrival at Dean and Camille's house signify?
2. What happens during Sal, Stan, and Dean's stay in San Antonio?
3. What does Dean do when he, Sal, and Marylou arrive in San Francisco?
4. What does Marylou do when she sees Sal on the streets of San Francisco?
5. Where do Sal and Dean clean up in Chicago?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whose ranch do Sal, Dean, and the two passengers visit in Colorado?
2. What happens when Sal and Dean return the travel bureau car in Chicago?
3. How do Sal, Dean, and Marylou get money so they can make it from Arizona to California?
4. Why does Dean want to take the trip with Sal and Stan?
5. Where do Sal, Dean, and Stan Shepherd travel in Part 4 of On the Road?
6. What happens between Sal and Marylou in San Francisco?
7. How does a wealthy woman assist Sal in Denver?
8. Sal and Dean have their first argument at a restaurant in Denver. What is the argument about?
9. Who does Dean meet at a party in New York?
10. What place do Dean and Sal plan to travel to where they have never been before?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)