|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Old Bull take Sal in New Orleans?
(a) To a bayou.
(b) To the racetrack.
(c) To an abandoned warehouse.
(d) To Bourbon Street.
2. What do Sal and Dean do while bar-hopping in Denver?
(a) They pick up women.
(b) They assault a police officer.
(c) They perform on stage.
(d) They steal cars.
3. What does Sal feel when he passes the fields near Bakersfield in Part 2?
(a) He feels hungry.
(b) He feels confusion.
(c) He feels nostalgic.
(d) He feels pangs of guilt.
4. How does Dean greet Sal when he arrives at his door step in 1949?
(a) He slams the door in Sal's face.
(b) He is inebriated.
(c) He gives Sal a big hug.
(d) He answers the door naked.
5. What does Sal do in Texas to get money to buy gas?
(a) He works in the field picking fruit.
(b) He holds up a liquor store.
(c) He panhandles.
(d) He pawns his watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sam Brady?
2. Who is Dean referring to when he tells Sal that "God has arrived"?
3. How does Sal justify Dean's behavior to Old Bull Lee?
4. What is the best time of day for Old Bull?
5. Where do Sal and Dean clean up in Chicago?
Short Essay Questions
1. What place do Dean and Sal plan to travel to where they have never been before?
2. What happens between Sal and Marylou in San Francisco?
3. What does Camille do to Dean and Sal in the spring of 1949?
4. What happens when Sal and Dean return the travel bureau car in Chicago?
5. What is happening in Dean and Camille's lives when Sal visits them in San Francisco in the spring of 1949?
6. Whose ranch do Sal, Dean, and the two passengers visit in Colorado?
7. Who do Sal and Dean ride with in a travel bureau car from San Francisco to Denver?
8. Who are the other passengers in the travel bureau car that belongs to a wealthy man in Chicago?
9. What is the dream that both Sal and Dean have about driving?
10. What happens when Dean returns to see Sal at the hotel?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)