|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Sal, Dean, and Stan meet in a town called Gregoria?
(b) Old Bull Lee.
2. What does Dean do when he, Sal, and Marylou arrive in San Francisco?
(a) He goes out to hear a jazz musician.
(b) He does not want to stay in San Francisco and travels to Denver.
(c) He has a fight with Sal.
(d) He abandons them without any money to see Camille.
3. Who does Dean seek out in Denver?
(a) An old girl friend.
(b) Carlo Marx.
(c) Chad King.
(d) His long-lost father.
4. How is Sal able to travel from Denver to San Francisco in the spring of 1949?
(a) From winnings at the horse racetrack.
(b) From the money he earns as a laborer.
(c) A rich woman gives him one hundred dollars.
(d) He finds some money on the street.
5. Who does Sal meet in Denver on his third trip West?
Short Answer Questions
1. What plans do Sal and Stan make during Sal's last trip to Denver?
2. According to Sal, Dean's soul is wrapped up in ______________________? (fill in the blank)
3. Where do Sal and Dean clean up in Chicago?
4. What is Sal and Dean's plan before they take their second trip in 1949?
5. What happens during Sal, Stan, and Dean's stay in San Antonio?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Sal and Marylou in San Francisco?
2. How does a wealthy woman assist Sal in Denver?
3. What happens when Dean returns to see Sal at the hotel?
4. What does Sal do to put a damper on the friendship with Dean and Camille?
5. What decision did the other passengers override Sal and Dean on in Sacramento?
6. What arrives in San Francisco that allows Sal to return to New York?
7. What happens to Sal in Mexico City?
8. What is happening in Dean and Camille's lives when Sal visits them in San Francisco in the spring of 1949?
9. Why does Dean want to take the trip with Sal and Stan?
10. How do Sal, Dean, and Marylou get money so they can make it from Arizona to California?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)