|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Sal and Dean's travel companions' reactions when they overhear Sal and Dean's discussing their car dream?
(a) They are increasingly irritated.
(b) They are increasingly nervous.
(c) They are increasingly bored.
(d) They are increasingly intrigued.
2. How does Sal feel after Dean confides in Sal about his reaction to their fight?
(a) He feels relieved.
(b) He feels that Dean is a sissy.
(c) He feels manipulated.
(d) He feels guilt-ridden.
3. What happens to Sal in Mexico City?
(a) He gets arrested.
(b) He gets dysentery.
(c) He gets in a car accident.
(d) He meets a woman and falls in love.
4. What is one of the things Sal and Dean discuss before Dean departs West to see Camille and his children?
(a) That Dean and his family and Sal and his future family could live on the same street.
(b) That Sal could marry Camille after she and Dean get a divorce.
(c) That Sal, Dean, and Dean's father could take a trip together.
(d) That maybe Sal could rent a room at Dean and Camille's house.
5. Where does Sal, Dean, and Marylou's car run off the road into the mud?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sal learn about Dean and Camille after his arrival in San Francisco?
2. What are Sal and Dean's travel companions' reactions when it is Dean's turn to take the wheel of the vehicle?
3. What does Sal do in Texas to get money to buy gas?
4. In Part 3, what do Sal and Dean's travel companions to Denver want to do in Sacramento?
5. Who does Dean meet at a party in New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the other passengers in the travel bureau car that belongs to a wealthy man in Chicago?
2. Why does Dean want to take the trip with Sal and Stan?
3. What happens to Sal, Dean, and Marylou's car in Texas?
4. What arrives in San Francisco that allows Sal to return to New York?
5. What does Dean's cousin, Sam Brady, tell Dean when he was attempting to locate his father in Denver?
6. What does Camille do to Dean and Sal in the spring of 1949?
7. Whose ranch do Sal, Dean, and the two passengers visit in Colorado?
8. Sal and Dean have their first argument at a restaurant in Denver. What is the argument about?
9. What is the dream that both Sal and Dean have about driving?
10. What happens to Stan on the way to Mexico?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)