|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dean take Sal to stay in San Francisco?
(a) At Marylou's new apartment.
(b) At the hotel where Roland Major is staying.
(c) At Camille's house.
(d) At Remi Boncoeur's house.
2. Why is Dean unable to work in San Francisco?
(a) He has to tend to Camille.
(b) He has injured his hand.
(c) Because of his excessive drinking.
(d) Because of his frequent out of town trips.
3. What is Sal and Dean's plan before they take their second trip in 1949?
(a) They will return to New York before departing.
(b) They will travel the United States more extensively.
(c) They will find jobs in San Francisco to earn money for the trip.
(d) They will earn their college degrees.
4. How does Sal justify Dean's behavior to Old Bull Lee?
(a) That Dean had a rough childhood.
(b) That Old Bull Lee is too snobby.
(c) That Dean has a zest for life and is living fully.
(d) That Dean is only that way when drunk or on drugs.
5. What is Sal and Dean's dream about while driving in a car?
(a) That they drive up a ramp and become airborne.
(b) That they take a giant scythe and chop down trees and mountains.
(c) That they can escape their problems if they drive fast enough.
(d) That the car is a time machine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Sal and Dean clean up in Chicago?
2. What happens to Sal in Mexico City?
3. What does Sal's arrival at Dean and Camille's house signify?
4. What does Sal do to put a rift in his friendship with Dean and Camille?
5. What does Sal pack for his departure from San Francisco?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the other passengers in the travel bureau car that belongs to a wealthy man in Chicago?
2. What happens to Sal, Dean, and Marylou's car in Texas?
3. Why are the car owner and the couple all too happy to drop Sal and Dean off in Denver?
4. Sal and Dean have their first argument at a restaurant in Denver. What is the argument about?
5. What happens to Stan on the way to Mexico?
6. What arrives in San Francisco that allows Sal to return to New York?
7. How do Sal, Dean, and Marylou get money so they can make it from Arizona to California?
8. Where do Sal, Dean, and Stan Shepherd travel in Part 4 of On the Road?
9. Who do Sal and Dean ride with in a travel bureau car from San Francisco to Denver?
10. What happens when Dean returns to see Sal at the hotel?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)