|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, who takes the wheel of the vehicle that Dean and Sal are riding in while in Sacramento?
(a) One of the couple.
(c) Sal .
(d) The homosexual man.
2. What happens in a restaurant in Denver when Sal and Dean are en route to New York?
(a) They make plans to travel to Canada.
(b) Sal and Dean have their first outright argument.
(c) They stiff the server with the bill.
(d) They pick up women.
3. Who do Sal, Dean, and Stan meet in a town called Gregoria?
(d) Old Bull Lee.
4. According to Sal, Dean's soul is wrapped up in ______________________? (fill in the blank)
(a) A fast car, a new kick, and a woman at the end of the road.
(b) A car to steal, a coast to reach, and a woman at the end of the road.
(c) A fast car, a coast to reach, and a drink at the end of the road.
(d) A fast car, a coast to reach, and a woman at the end of the road.
5. What does Dean do while Camille is at work?
(a) He takes college courses to become a writer.
(b) He drinks.
(c) He goes out with friends.
(d) He tends to their child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dean tell Sal after their first real argument?
2. Why is Dean unable to work in San Francisco?
3. What are Sal and Dean's travel companions' reactions when they overhear Sal and Dean's discussing their car dream?
4. How does Sal justify Dean's behavior to Old Bull Lee?
5. Who does the travel bureau car that Sal and Dean drive from Denver to Chicago belong to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who do Sal and Dean ride with in a travel bureau car from San Francisco to Denver?
2. What happens when Sal and Dean return the travel bureau car in Chicago?
3. Sal and Dean have their first argument at a restaurant in Denver. What is the argument about?
4. What does Camille do to Dean and Sal in the spring of 1949?
5. What is happening in Dean and Camille's lives when Sal visits them in San Francisco in the spring of 1949?
6. Who does Dean meet at a party in New York?
7. What happens to Sal, Dean, and Marylou's car in Texas?
8. Where do Sal, Dean, and Stan Shepherd travel in Part 4 of On the Road?
9. What does Dean's cousin, Sam Brady, tell Dean when he was attempting to locate his father in Denver?
10. How do Sal, Dean, and Marylou get money so they can make it from Arizona to California?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)