|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dean learn his father is?
(a) On skid row in Detroit..
(b) In prison in Seattle.
(c) On Wall Street in New York.
(d) In prison in Santa Fe.
2. Who does the travel bureau car that Sal and Dean drive from Denver to Chicago belong to?
(a) An artist.
(b) A wealthy man.
(c) A mobster.
(d) A car dealer.
3. What does Sal pack for his departure from San Francisco?
(a) His pajamas.
(b) A gun.
(c) Some sandwiches.
(d) A manuscript.
4. Where is Camille working in San Francisco?
(a) At a diner.
(b) At a vinyard picking grapes.
(c) At a doctor's office.
(d) At a five-and-dime store.
5. What is Dean's reaction to his passengers being terrified of his driving on his trip from Denver to Chicago?
(a) He feels guilty.
(b) He mocks them.
(c) He is agitated.
(d) He does not notice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sal do in Texas to get money to buy gas?
2. How does Dean greet Sal when he arrives at his door step in 1949?
3. How does Hal Hingham assist Sal and the others in Tucson?
4. What is the best time of day for Old Bull?
5. What happens in a restaurant in Denver when Sal and Dean are en route to New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decision did the other passengers override Sal and Dean on in Sacramento?
2. Sal and Dean have their first argument at a restaurant in Denver. What is the argument about?
3. What happens to Sal, Dean, and Marylou's car in Texas?
4. Whose ranch do Sal, Dean, and the two passengers visit in Colorado?
5. Where do Sal, Dean, and Stan Shepherd travel in Part 4 of On the Road?
6. What does Dean's cousin, Sam Brady, tell Dean when he was attempting to locate his father in Denver?
7. What happens between Sal and Marylou in San Francisco?
8. What does Dean do when he, Sal, and Marylou arrive in San Francisco?
9. What happens when Sal and Dean return the travel bureau car in Chicago?
10. Why does Dean want to take the trip with Sal and Stan?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)