|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sal decide to travel after his second trip to San Francisco?
(b) New York.
2. Where do Sal and Dean clean up in Chicago?
(a) In the college boys' YMCA room.
(b) At a friend's house.
(c) At a hotel.
(d) At a bus station.
3. In Part 3, who takes the wheel of the vehicle that Dean and Sal are riding in while in Sacramento?
(b) One of the couple.
(c) The homosexual man.
(d) Sal .
4. What is Sal's and Marylou's plan before they arrive in San Francisco?
(a) That they will never see each other again.
(b) That Marylou would be Sal's girl.
(c) That they will abandon Dean.
(d) That they will visit Marylou's brother in Alcatraz.
5. What does Sal do when he returns to Denver in the spring of 1949?
(a) He trains as a rodeo clown.
(b) He works as a laborer.
(c) He goes to bars and listens to jazz music.
(d) He writes poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dean do while Camille is at work?
2. What personal news does Dean share with Sal and Stan in Part 4?
3. Who does Sal meet in Denver on his third trip West?
4. Where is Camille working in San Francisco?
5. What is the name of the horse that Sal bets on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dean's cousin, Sam Brady, tell Dean when he was attempting to locate his father in Denver?
2. What decision did the other passengers override Sal and Dean on in Sacramento?
3. Why are the car owner and the couple all too happy to drop Sal and Dean off in Denver?
4. What does Old Bull think is a sign from Sal's father?
5. Who does Dean meet at a party in New York?
6. Who are the other passengers in the travel bureau car that belongs to a wealthy man in Chicago?
7. What does Sal do to put a damper on the friendship with Dean and Camille?
8. What happens to Stan on the way to Mexico?
9. What happens to Sal, Dean, and Marylou's car in Texas?
10. What happens to Sal in Mexico City?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)