|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Sal, Dean, and Marylou drop Alfred off?
(a) Tucson, Arizona.
(b) Tulare, California.
(c) Needles, California.
(d) Salinas, California.
2. What does Sal learn about Dean and Camille after his arrival in San Francisco?
(a) That they are getting a divorce.
(b) That Camille has the mumps.
(c) That they are expecting their second child.
(d) That they are moving to San Antonio
3. Who are Sal and Dean's passengers on their trip to Chicago in the travel bureau car?
(a) Two Jesuit students.
(b) Two hitchhikers.
(c) Two farmers.
(d) Two waitresses they pick up at a diner.
4. What is Sal and Dean's dream about while driving in a car?
(a) That they take a giant scythe and chop down trees and mountains.
(b) That the car is a time machine.
(c) That they drive up a ramp and become airborne.
(d) That they can escape their problems if they drive fast enough.
5. What happens when Camille finds out about Inez?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) Camille is furious and wants a divorce from Dean.
(c) They become friends.
(d) She threatens suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rescues Sal from the hotel in San Francisco?
2. What does Dean do when he, Sal, and Marylou arrive in San Francisco?
3. What does Sal do in Part 3, when the other passengers criticize Dean?
4. What is Sal and Dean's plan before they take their second trip in 1949?
5. How does Sal justify Dean's behavior to Old Bull Lee?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)