|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sal decide to travel after his second trip to San Francisco?
(d) New York.
2. Where does Dean take Sal to stay in San Francisco?
(a) At Camille's house.
(b) At Marylou's new apartment.
(c) At the hotel where Roland Major is staying.
(d) At Remi Boncoeur's house.
3. In Part 3, who takes the wheel of the vehicle that Dean and Sal are riding in while in Sacramento?
(a) One of the couple.
(b) The homosexual man.
(c) Sal .
4. What does Sal do in Part 3, when the other passengers criticize Dean?
(a) He ignores them.
(b) He agrees with them and has a talk with Dean.
(c) He gets angry at them.
(d) He defends Dean.
5. According to Sal, Dean's soul is wrapped up in ______________________? (fill in the blank)
(a) A fast car, a coast to reach, and a drink at the end of the road.
(b) A fast car, a coast to reach, and a woman at the end of the road.
(c) A car to steal, a coast to reach, and a woman at the end of the road.
(d) A fast car, a new kick, and a woman at the end of the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plans do Sal and Stan make during Sal's last trip to Denver?
2. What does Sal learn about Dean and Camille after his arrival in San Francisco?
3. Who is Sam Brady?
4. What does Dean do while Camille is at work?
5. What does Marylou do when she sees Sal on the streets of San Francisco?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Sal, Dean, and Stan Shepherd travel in Part 4 of On the Road?
2. What is happening in Dean and Camille's lives when Sal visits them in San Francisco in the spring of 1949?
3. Whose ranch do Sal, Dean, and the two passengers visit in Colorado?
4. How does a wealthy woman assist Sal in Denver?
5. Who does Dean meet at a party in New York?
6. What does Old Bull think is a sign from Sal's father?
7. What place do Dean and Sal plan to travel to where they have never been before?
8. What does Dean do when he, Sal, and Marylou arrive in San Francisco?
9. What is the dream that both Sal and Dean have about driving?
10. What does Dean's cousin, Sam Brady, tell Dean when he was attempting to locate his father in Denver?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)