|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, who takes the wheel of the vehicle that Dean and Sal are riding in while in Sacramento?
(a) Sal .
(c) The homosexual man.
(d) One of the couple.
2. What does Sal learn about Dean and Camille after his arrival in San Francisco?
(a) That they are moving to San Antonio
(b) That they are expecting their second child.
(c) That Camille has the mumps.
(d) That they are getting a divorce.
3. What do Sal and Dean do while bar-hopping in Denver?
(a) They steal cars.
(b) They assault a police officer.
(c) They perform on stage.
(d) They pick up women.
4. What does Sal do in Part 3, when the other passengers criticize Dean?
(a) He agrees with them and has a talk with Dean.
(b) He ignores them.
(c) He defends Dean.
(d) He gets angry at them.
5. Who do Sal, Dean, and Marylou meet in Texas?
(a) A businessman named Donald.
(b) A poet named Walt.
(c) A hitchhiker named Alfred.
(d) A prostitute named Mary Jane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sal do in Texas to get money to buy gas?
2. What is Sal and Dean's plan before they take their second trip in 1949?
3. Who does the travel bureau car that Sal and Dean drive from Denver to Chicago belong to?
4. What happens during Sal, Stan, and Dean's stay in San Antonio?
5. What is Dean's job in San Francisco?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does a wealthy woman assist Sal in Denver?
2. What does Dean's cousin, Sam Brady, tell Dean when he was attempting to locate his father in Denver?
3. Who do Sal and Dean ride with in a travel bureau car from San Francisco to Denver?
4. What does Sal do to put a damper on the friendship with Dean and Camille?
5. What is happening in Dean and Camille's lives when Sal visits them in San Francisco in the spring of 1949?
6. What decision did the other passengers override Sal and Dean on in Sacramento?
7. How do Sal, Dean, and Marylou get money so they can make it from Arizona to California?
8. What happens when Sal and Dean return the travel bureau car in Chicago?
9. What happens to Stan on the way to Mexico?
10. What happens to Sal, Dean, and Marylou's car in Texas?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)