|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dean do when he, Sal, and Marylou arrive in San Francisco?
(a) He goes out to hear a jazz musician.
(b) He does not want to stay in San Francisco and travels to Denver.
(c) He has a fight with Sal.
(d) He abandons them without any money to see Camille.
2. What is one of the things Sal and Dean discuss before Dean departs West to see Camille and his children?
(a) That Sal could marry Camille after she and Dean get a divorce.
(b) That Dean and his family and Sal and his future family could live on the same street.
(c) That Sal, Dean, and Dean's father could take a trip together.
(d) That maybe Sal could rent a room at Dean and Camille's house.
3. What does Dean tell Sal after their first real argument?
(a) That he has been crying.
(b) That he does not want to be Sal's friend.
(c) That he will not travel with Sal to New York.
(d) That he is sorry.
4. What news does Sam Brady deliver to Dean?
(a) That Dean can live with him.
(b) That no one in his family cares to have any interaction with Dean or his father.
(c) That he used to date Camille.
(d) That Miles Davis will be performing in Denver.
5. Who are Sal and Dean's passengers on their trip to Chicago in the travel bureau car?
(a) Two farmers.
(b) Two hitchhikers.
(c) Two waitresses they pick up at a diner.
(d) Two Jesuit students.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sal do in Texas to get money to buy gas?
2. What is Sal and Dean's dream about while driving in a car?
3. What is the first place Sal visits on his return trip to San Francisco in the spring of 1949?
4. What does Sal consider a sign that he and Dean need to leave Denver?
5. What do Sal and Dean do while bar-hopping in Denver?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)