|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lee Ann feel about Sal staying with her?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) She is apprehensive.
(c) She is displeased.
(d) She is excited.
2. Where do Sal and Dean decide to visit before returning to San Francisco?
(d) New Orleans.
3. Why does the driver who gives Sal a ride from Harrisburg to New York refuse to give Sal any food?
(a) He does not have any money to buy food.
(b) Because Sal is a stranger.
(c) He is mean.
(d) He thinks fasting is important to one's health.
4. While Sal is witnessing one of Dean and Carlo's all night sessions, he concludes they are __________________________. (fill in the blank)
(a) Genuine beatniks.
(b) Amazing saints.
(c) Cool hipsters.
(d) Amazing maniacs.
5. Which reason is NOT a reason why Sal dislikes his job at the army barracks?
(a) He and Remi get free groceries from the commissary.
(b) He has to stay awake all night.
(c) He has to make one arrest per month.
(d) He would rather drink with the men than reprimand them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sal's friend ejected from the upscale restaurant in San Francisco?
2. What does Dean want his friends to help him with?
3. What do Sal and his friends do in Central City?
4. Who does Sal reunite with at the restaurant while having dinner with Lee Ann, Remi, and Remi's stepfather?
5. Which three people does Sal meet on the "ride of his life"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Sal and Terry go to Terry's home town of Sabinal?
2. Why doesn't the driver offer Sal any food on his trip from Pittsburgh to New York?
3. What favor does Remi ask Lee Ann before he moves out of their house?
4. When and where does Sal meet up with Dean after living in Denver?
5. What does the group of friends do while in New York on New Year's Eve?
6. Who do Dean, Marylou, and Ed Dunkel leave in Tucson and why?
7. What does Sal's aunt do when Dean is given a speeding ticket?
8. Why does Sal stop in Cheyenne instead of continuing to Los Angeles with the two brothers from Minnesota?
9. Why does Sal Paradise travel West?
10. Who is "The Ghost?"
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)