|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sal see Dean after his first trip on the road?
(a) At Old Bull Lee's house in New Orleans.
(b) At Sal's aunt's house in New Jersey.
(c) At Sal's brother's house in Virginia.
(d) On the streets of New York City.
2. What does Sal's aunt do in Washington D.C.?
(a) She scolds Dean for driving too fast and getting a ticket.
(b) She buys the group lunch.
(c) She pays Dean's fine for speeding and vents her anger at the officer.
(d) She wants to stop for a tour of the White House.
3. Who is Mississippi Gene harboring from the law?
(b) Montana Slim.
(c) A young blonde boy.
(d) Dean Moriarty.
4. What do Sal and Dean do in New York City on New Year's Eve?
(a) They go to a jazz club.
(b) They go party hopping.
(c) They stay home.
(d) They see a Broadway play.
5. What does Sal think about his first visit to Denver?
(a) It is exuberating.
(b) It is ungratifying.
(c) It is traumatic.
(d) It is inspirational.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the things Sal enjoys doing in New Orleans?
2. Who thinks Sal should not travel out West?
3. How does Lee Ann feel about Sal staying with her?
4. Where does Dean want to travel before his divorce with Marylou?
5. Where is Sal Paradise living at the beginning of On the Road?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't the driver offer Sal any food on his trip from Pittsburgh to New York?
2. What does Old Bull Lee warn Sal about in New Orleans?
3. What is Sal's relationship like with Rita Bettencourt?
4. What is happening in Sal Paradise's life before he meets Dean Moriarty?
5. Why does Sal break up with Lucille?
6. Why do Sal and his hitchhiker friend, Eddie, part in Iowa?
7. How does Sal get the money to travel from Denver to San Francisco?
8. What does Sal learn about Dean's love life in Denver?
9. How does Sal react after he introduces Dean Moriarty to Carlo Marx?
10. Who is traveling with Mississippi Gene?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)