|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sal go with Babe Rawlins in a mining town outside of Denver?
(a) To a friend's house.
(b) To an abandoned mine.
(c) To a bar.
(d) To an opera.
2. Why doesn't Sal show up for the first day of his job in Denver?
(a) He overslept.
(b) He is planning on going on the road again with Dean.
(c) He met a woman.
(d) He would rather live off of Roland's generosity.
3. Who does Sal reunite with at the restaurant while having dinner with Lee Ann, Remi, and Remi's stepfather?
(a) Ray Rawlins.
(b) Dean Moriarty.
(c) Roland Major.
(d) Chad King.
4. Who is the woman traveling with Dean Moriarty when Sal first meets him?
5. Where do Sal and Eddie receive job offers to work in Iowa?
(a) At a diner.
(b) At a carnival.
(c) On a farm.
(d) At a sewage treatment plant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sal end his ride with the brothers from Minnesota before their final destination?
2. What Mexican woman does Sal meet on the bus to Los Angeles?
3. In Des Moines, Sal experiences the distinction of the East of his youth and the West of his __________________. (fill in the blank)
4. What is Central City?
5. Why do Sal and his friends leave the party in Central City?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sal learn about Dean's love life in Denver?
2. What happens to Sal, Dean, Marylou, and Ed Dunkel in Washington, D.C.?
3. Why does Sal stop in Cheyenne instead of continuing to Los Angeles with the two brothers from Minnesota?
4. Who is "The Ghost?"
5. What does Sal confess to Dean while traveling from New Jersey to Virginia?
6. Why does Lee Ann throw Remi out of their house?
7. What is Sal's relationship like with Rita Bettencourt?
8. Why doesn't the driver offer Sal any food on his trip from Pittsburgh to New York?
9. Why does Sal break up with Lucille?
10. What is the wildest ride of Sal's journey?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)