|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee Ann do after Remi loses their money at the horse races?
(a) She kicks him out of their house.
(b) She forgives him.
(c) She makes him repay her.
(d) She yells at him.
2. What is Roland Major's profession?
(a) He is an actor.
(b) He is a teacher.
(c) He is an author.
(d) He is a musician.
3. Who does Sal seek out when he first arrives in San Francisco?
(a) Roland Major.
(b) Dean Moriarty.
(d) Remi Boncoeur.
4. What is one of the things Sal enjoys doing in New Orleans?
(a) Witnessing a jazz funeral.
(b) Listening to Old Bull's stories.
(c) Exploring the voodoo culture.
(d) Bar hopping on Bourbon Street.
5. Why does Sal leave Terry?
(a) He is feeling tied down in a committed relationship.
(b) Sal has the itch to be on the road again.
(c) Terry kicks him out.
(d) He could not support Terry and her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the flat bed truck riders stays with Sal in Cheyenne?
2. Who is "The Ghost?"
3. Where does Sal sleep in Cheyenne?
4. What does Sal realize about his relationship with Lucille during his return stay in New York City?
5. In which city does Sal end the "ride of his life'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Old Bull Lee warn Sal about in New Orleans?
2. Why does Sal Paradise travel West?
3. How does Sal react after he introduces Dean Moriarty to Carlo Marx?
4. What job does Remi Boncoeur find for, Sal when he arrives in San Francisco?
5. What is happening in Sal Paradise's life before he meets Dean Moriarty?
6. Why doesn't the driver offer Sal any food on his trip from Pittsburgh to New York?
7. What favor does Remi ask Lee Ann before he moves out of their house?
8. Why does Sal want to leave Denver?
9. What are Sal's living arrangements while he is in Denver?
10. Why does Dean Moriarty visit Sal at his aunt's house in Patterson, New Jersey?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)