|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sal reunite with at the restaurant while having dinner with Lee Ann, Remi, and Remi's stepfather?
(a) Ray Rawlins.
(b) Dean Moriarty.
(c) Chad King.
(d) Roland Major.
2. Who is the mutual friend with Sal Paradise and Mississippi Gene?
(a) Montana Slim.
(b) Big Slim Hazard.
(c) Dean Moriarty.
(d) Remi Boncoeur.
3. What does Dean inform his friends about at a party where Carlo is reading poetry?
(a) He is breaking up with Camille.
(b) He is getting a divorce from Marylou.
(c) He wants to take a trip to Mexico.
(d) He wants to attend school to become a writer.
4. How does Dean treat Sal's friends while in Denver?
(a) As though they do not exist.
(b) With great reverence.
(c) With great animosity.
(d) As long-time friends.
5. What is Sal's relationship with the Mexican woman he met on the bus?
(a) They are unfriendly.
(b) They despise each other.
(c) They are inseparable.
(d) They are cordial.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sal get the money to get from Denver to San Francisco?
2. What is Roland Major's profession?
3. Who do Sal and his friends stay with in New Orleans?
4. After Sal leaves Terry, he rides a bus from Los Angeles to which city?
5. Why is Sal's friend ejected from the upscale restaurant in San Francisco?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sal confess to Dean while traveling from New Jersey to Virginia?
2. Why does Sal want to leave Denver?
3. What do Sal, Ray Rawlins, and others do in an old mining town outside of Denver?
4. What is happening in Sal Paradise's life before he meets Dean Moriarty?
5. Why does Sal stop in Cheyenne instead of continuing to Los Angeles with the two brothers from Minnesota?
6. What are Sal's living arrangements while he is in Denver?
7. Why do Sal and his hitchhiker friend, Eddie, part in Iowa?
8. What happens to Sal, Dean, Marylou, and Ed Dunkel in Washington, D.C.?
9. Who is "The Ghost?"
10. What is Sal's relationship like with Rita Bettencourt?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)