|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sal and his friends do in Central City?
(a) They go skiing.
(b) They have an all-night discussion session.
(c) They throw a party at an abandoned mine shack.
(d) They go to a bar to listen to jazz.
2. How does Sal get from Denver to San Francisco?
(a) He takes the bus.
(b) He hitchhikes.
(c) He drives a travel bureau car.
(d) A friend gives him a ride.
3. Why do Sal and Terry leave Los Angeles?
(a) They cannot find a place to stay.
(b) Sal does not have any friends living there.
(c) They think it is too glitzy.
(d) They cannot find jobs.
4. Who is Sal's roommate in Denver?
(a) Carlo Marx.
(b) Dean Moriarty.
(c) Roland Major.
(d) Tim Gray.
5. Who is Remi Boncoeur's girlfriend?
(d) Lee Ann.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Old Bull Lee think of Dean?
2. What do Sal and Dean do in New York City on New Year's Eve?
3. Where do Sal and Eddie receive job offers to work in Iowa?
4. What happens in Washington D.C. on the return trip from Virginia?
5. What event is taking place in Washington D.C. when Sal, Dean, Marylou, and Ed Dunkel are traveling through?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Sal's living arrangements while he is in Denver?
2. How does Sal get the money to travel from Denver to San Francisco?
3. What is Sal's relationship like with Rita Bettencourt?
4. Why does Lee Ann throw Remi out of their house?
5. What does Dean inform the group about at a party where Carlo is reading his poetry?
6. What does Old Bull Lee warn Sal about in New Orleans?
7. What happens to Sal, Dean, Marylou, and Ed Dunkel in Washington, D.C.?
8. What does Sal confess to Dean while traveling from New Jersey to Virginia?
9. Why do Sal and Terry go to Terry's home town of Sabinal?
10. Who is "The Ghost?"
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)