|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the things Sal enjoys doing in New Orleans?
(a) Bar hopping on Bourbon Street.
(b) Exploring the voodoo culture.
(c) Witnessing a jazz funeral.
(d) Listening to Old Bull's stories.
2. What event is taking place in Washington D.C. when Sal, Dean, Marylou, and Ed Dunkel are traveling through?
(a) Harry S. Truman's Inauguration Day.
(b) A VJ Day celebration parade.
(c) A protest march.
(d) Dwight D, Eisenhower's Inauguration Day.
3. What New York hitchhiker does Sal meet in Des Moines?
(b) Big Slim Hazard.
(c) Mississippi Gene .
(d) "The Ghost."
4. What does Sal confess to Dean on their trip to Virginia?
(a) Dean's erratic behavior is wearing on him.
(b) He wants to take another trip with Dean.
(c) Dean's speeding is making him nervous.
(d) He wants to marry a woman named Lucille.
5. Where is Sal Paradise living at the beginning of On the Road?
(a) With Roland Major in Denver.
(b) With his brother in Virginia.
(c) With Carlo Marx in Denver.
(d) With his aunt in New Jersey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Sal find in Bakersfield?
2. What is Central City?
3. Where does Dean want to travel before his divorce with Marylou?
4. Where does Sal travel after his first visit to San Francisco?
5. How does Sal get the money to get from Denver to San Francisco?
Short Essay Questions
1. What favor does Remi ask Lee Ann before he moves out of their house?
2. Who is "The Ghost?"
3. When and where does Sal meet up with Dean after living in Denver?
4. What does Sal find out when he calls Chad King after he arrives in Denver?
5. How does Sal react after he introduces Dean Moriarty to Carlo Marx?
6. What is the wildest ride of Sal's journey?
7. What do Sal, Ray Rawlins, and others do in an old mining town outside of Denver?
8. What is happening in Sal Paradise's life before he meets Dean Moriarty?
9. Who do Dean, Marylou, and Ed Dunkel leave in Tucson and why?
10. What are Sal's living arrangements while he is in Denver?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)