Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the woman traveling with Dean Moriarty when Sal first meets him?
2. What is the vow that Sal and Terry make?
(a) That Terry will come to New York soon.
(b) That they will never see each other again.
(c) That Sal will earn money and return to Sabinal.
(d) That Terry will travel with Sal and his friends.
3. Where does Sal sleep in Cheyenne?
(a) At a bus station.
(b) At a train station.
(c) In a park.
(d) At a motel.
4. How does Sal feel about the friendship between Dean Moriarty and his friend?
(a) He feels invigorated.
(b) He feels indifferent.
(c) He feels left out.
(d) He feels like the center of attention.
5. Where do Sal and Dean decide to visit before returning to San Francisco?
(a) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Sal and Dean take a quick trip from Virginia to New Jersey?
2. What do Sal, Dean, and Ed Dunkel do when Hyman Solomon does not come through?
3. What does Hyman Solomon offer Sal, Dean, and Ed Dunkel?
4. Who sets Sal up with Rita Bettencourt?
5. Who sends letters to Sal and tells him about Dean Moriarty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sal learn about Dean's love life in Denver?
2. What happens to Sal in Mexico City?
3. Who is traveling with Mississippi Gene?
4. Where do Sal, Dean, and Stan Shepherd travel in Part 4 of On the Road?
5. Why do Sal and his hitchhiker friend, Eddie, part in Iowa?
6. What happens to Sal, Dean, Marylou, and Ed Dunkel in Washington, D.C.?
7. What does Old Bull Lee warn Sal about in New Orleans?
8. How does a wealthy woman assist Sal in Denver?
9. Why doesn't the driver offer Sal any food on his trip from Pittsburgh to New York?
10. What do Sal, Ray Rawlins, and others do in an old mining town outside of Denver?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)