|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dean want to travel before his divorce with Marylou?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) New Orleans.
2. Who did Dean, Marylou, and Ed Dunkel leave in Tucson and why?
(a) Camille; she and Dean had a fight.
(b) Galatea; she was too sick to travel.
(c) Chad King; the rift between the friends was renewed.
(d) Galatea; she was complaining too much.
3. Which reason is NOT a reason why Sal dislikes his job at the army barracks?
(a) He and Remi get free groceries from the commissary.
(b) He has to stay awake all night.
(c) He would rather drink with the men than reprimand them.
(d) He has to make one arrest per month.
4. Who are the two women in Dean's life in Denver?
(a) Camille and Inez.
(b) Marylou and Terry.
(c) Marylou and Inez.
(d) Marylou and Camille.
5. Who does Dean move in with after he breaks up with his girlfriend in New York?
(a) Carlo Marx.
(b) Sal Paradise.
(c) Old Bull Lee.
(d) Ed Wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Sal and his friends leave the party in Central City?
2. What New York hitchhiker does Sal meet in Des Moines?
3. What does Sal do after his first road trip?
4. How does Sal get from Denver to San Francisco?
5. In Des Moines, Sal experiences the distinction of the East of his youth and the West of his __________________. (fill in the blank)
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sal do to put a damper on the friendship with Dean and Camille?
2. Who does Sal meet who becomes the love of his life in Part 5 of On the Road?
3. What is happening in Sal Paradise's life before he meets Dean Moriarty?
4. What happens when Dean returns to see Sal at the hotel?
5. What happens to Sal, Dean, Marylou, and Ed Dunkel in Washington, D.C.?
6. What do Sal, Ray Rawlins, and others do in an old mining town outside of Denver?
7. What is the vow Sal and Terry make when Sal leaves for New York?
8. What does Sal confess to Dean while traveling from New Jersey to Virginia?
9. Who are the other passengers in the travel bureau car that belongs to a wealthy man in Chicago?
10. Why does Sal Paradise travel West?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)