|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives in Denver while Sal is staying there?
(a) Remi Boncoeur.
(c) Mississippi Gene.
(d) Old Bull Lee.
2. While Sal is witnessing one of Dean and Carlo's all night sessions, he concludes they are __________________________. (fill in the blank)
(a) Amazing saints.
(b) Genuine beatniks.
(c) Cool hipsters.
(d) Amazing maniacs.
3. Where does Dean want to travel before his divorce with Marylou?
(a) New Orleans.
(d) San Francisco.
4. What does Dean inform his friends about at a party where Carlo is reading poetry?
(a) He is breaking up with Camille.
(b) He is getting a divorce from Marylou.
(c) He wants to take a trip to Mexico.
(d) He wants to attend school to become a writer.
5. What does Old Bull Lee think of Dean?
(a) That he is trouble.
(b) That he is intriguing.
(c) That he is despicable.
(d) That he is fun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sal's relationship with the Mexican woman he met on the bus?
2. What does Sal think after his date with Rita Bettencourt?
3. Why is Sal's friend ejected from the upscale restaurant in San Francisco?
4. What does Sal do after his first road trip?
5. Who does Sal reunite with at the restaurant while having dinner with Lee Ann, Remi, and Remi's stepfather?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sal find out when he calls Chad King after he arrives in Denver?
2. Why does Dean Moriarty visit Sal at his aunt's house in Patterson, New Jersey?
3. What is happening in Sal Paradise's life before he meets Dean Moriarty?
4. How does Sal react after he introduces Dean Moriarty to Carlo Marx?
5. What does Sal confess to Dean while traveling from New Jersey to Virginia?
6. Who is traveling with Mississippi Gene?
7. Why do Sal and Terry go to Terry's home town of Sabinal?
8. Why does Sal want to leave Denver?
9. What is Sal's relationship like with Rita Bettencourt?
10. Why does Sal stop in Cheyenne instead of continuing to Los Angeles with the two brothers from Minnesota?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)