|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sal think about his first visit to Denver?
(a) It is traumatic.
(b) It is exuberating.
(c) It is inspirational.
(d) It is ungratifying.
2. What does Sal do after his first road trip?
(a) He returns to school on the GI Bill.
(b) He works on his manuscripts.
(c) He sells pressure cookers.
(d) He re-enlists in the Merchant Marines.
3. What is Central City?
(a) A town where Sal and his friend's car breaks down.
(b) A haven for beat subculture.
(c) An old mining town in the mountains.
(d) A town where Sal meets some hobos.
4. Where does Dean want to travel before his divorce with Marylou?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) New Orleans.
5. Who does Dean find jobs for in Denver?
(a) Roland and Eddie.
(b) Sal and Eddie.
(c) Sal and Roland.
(d) Carlo and Eddie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Sal and his friends leave the party in Central City?
2. Who does Sal introduce to Dean with whom he forms a strong friendship?
3. How is Rita Bettencourt described?
4. What event is taking place in Washington D.C. when Sal, Dean, Marylou, and Ed Dunkel are traveling through?
5. Where do Sal and Dean decide to visit before returning to San Francisco?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't the driver offer Sal any food on his trip from Pittsburgh to New York?
2. What do Sal, Ray Rawlins, and others do in an old mining town outside of Denver?
3. What does Dean inform the group about at a party where Carlo is reading his poetry?
4. How does Sal get the money to travel from Denver to San Francisco?
5. What job does Remi Boncoeur find for, Sal when he arrives in San Francisco?
6. What does Sal's aunt do when Dean is given a speeding ticket?
7. What does Sal find out when he calls Chad King after he arrives in Denver?
8. What is Sal's relationship like with Rita Bettencourt?
9. Why does Lee Ann throw Remi out of their house?
10. Why does Sal want to leave Denver?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)