|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sal's aunt think they were picked up in Washington D.C.?
(a) Because of the California license plates.
(b) Because there were too many passengers in the car.
(c) Because they were speeding.
(d) Because the license plates had expired.
2. What job does Remi Boncoeur find for Sal in San Francisco?
(a) A night watchman at an army barracks.
(b) A clerk at a grocery store.
(c) A bartender.
(d) A parking lot attendant.
3. How does Lee Ann feel about Sal staying with her?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) She is excited.
(c) She is displeased.
(d) She is apprehensive.
4. Who does Sal encounter after his date with Rita Bettencourt?
(a) Some hobos.
(c) Some Okies.
(d) Carlo Marx.
5. Where does Sal see Dean after his first trip on the road?
(a) On the streets of New York City.
(b) At Sal's aunt's house in New Jersey.
(c) At Old Bull Lee's house in New Orleans.
(d) At Sal's brother's house in Virginia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sal realize about his relationship with Lucille during his return stay in New York City?
2. Where do Sal and Dean decide to visit before returning to San Francisco?
3. What do Sal and another woman he meets on the bus do until her stop in Columbus, Ohio?
4. What do Carlo and Dean take to help them stay up all night for their chat sessions?
5. Why do Sal and his friends leave the party in Central City?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who do Dean, Marylou, and Ed Dunkel leave in Tucson and why?
2. Why doesn't the driver offer Sal any food on his trip from Pittsburgh to New York?
3. Who is "The Ghost?"
4. What are Sal's living arrangements while he is in Denver?
5. What do Sal, Ray Rawlins, and others do in an old mining town outside of Denver?
6. What is the vow Sal and Terry make when Sal leaves for New York?
7. What does Sal find out when he calls Chad King after he arrives in Denver?
8. What is Sal's relationship like with Rita Bettencourt?
9. Who does Sal meet on the bus from Bakersfield to Los Angeles?
10. Who is traveling with Mississippi Gene?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)