|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sal, Dean, and Ed Dunkel do when Hyman Solomon does not come through?
(a) They steal money and buy bus tickets.
(b) They steal a car.
(c) Sal pawns his watch.
(d) They steal food and gas from distracted gas station attendants.
2. How does Lee Ann feel about Sal staying with her?
(a) She is apprehensive.
(b) She is displeased.
(c) She is indifferent.
(d) She is excited.
3. Who are the two women in Dean's life in Denver?
(a) Marylou and Inez.
(b) Camille and Inez.
(c) Marylou and Camille.
(d) Marylou and Terry.
4. What do Sal and another woman he meets on the bus do until her stop in Columbus, Ohio?
(a) They play travel games.
(b) They sleep.
(c) They discuss books.
(d) They neck.
5. Who did Dean, Marylou, and Ed Dunkel leave in Tucson and why?
(a) Galatea; she was complaining too much.
(b) Chad King; the rift between the friends was renewed.
(c) Galatea; she was too sick to travel.
(d) Camille; she and Dean had a fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hyman Solomon offer Sal, Dean, and Ed Dunkel?
2. What Mexican woman does Sal meet on the bus to Los Angeles?
3. Who is "The Ghost?"
4. Who does Dean move in with after he breaks up with his girlfriend in New York?
5. What does Sal think about his first visit to Denver?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Camille do to Dean and Sal in the spring of 1949?
2. What favor does Remi ask Lee Ann before he moves out of their house?
3. What is the wildest ride of Sal's journey?
4. What happens when Dean returns to see Sal at the hotel?
5. What does Old Bull Lee warn Sal about in New Orleans?
6. Who do Sal and Dean ride with in a travel bureau car from San Francisco to Denver?
7. What does Sal confess to Dean while traveling from New Jersey to Virginia?
8. What does Dean's cousin, Sam Brady, tell Dean when he was attempting to locate his father in Denver?
9. What happens when Sal and Dean return the travel bureau car in Chicago?
10. When is the last time Sal sees Dean in On the Road and what are the circumstances?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)