|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Sal and Terry leave Los Angeles?
(a) Sal does not have any friends living there.
(b) They think it is too glitzy.
(c) They cannot find jobs.
(d) They cannot find a place to stay.
2. What Mexican woman does Sal meet on the bus to Los Angeles?
(b) Terry .
3. Where are the two boys from Minnesota headed in their flat bed truck?
(a) To Denver.
(b) To Los Angeles.
(c) To San Antonio.
(d) To Cheyenne.
4. What New York hitchhiker does Sal meet in Des Moines?
(b) Mississippi Gene .
(c) "The Ghost."
(d) Big Slim Hazard.
5. Why do Sal and Dean take a quick trip from Virginia to New Jersey?
(a) To deliver some furniture for Sal's aunt.
(b) Sal forgot his typewriter.
(c) Miles Davis was performing.
(d) Dean wanted to visit a girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends letters to Sal and tells him about Dean Moriarty?
2. Who is Mississippi Gene harboring from the law?
3. Why does Sal leave Terry?
4. Why does the driver who gives Sal a ride from Harrisburg to New York refuse to give Sal any food?
5. What does Sal think about his job in Bakersfield?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who do Dean, Marylou, and Ed Dunkel leave in Tucson and why?
2. Why does Dean Moriarty visit Sal at his aunt's house in Patterson, New Jersey?
3. What does Sal's aunt do when Dean is given a speeding ticket?
4. Who does Sal meet on the bus from Bakersfield to Los Angeles?
5. Why does Sal want to leave Denver?
6. Why does Sal stop in Cheyenne instead of continuing to Los Angeles with the two brothers from Minnesota?
7. What does Dean inform the group about at a party where Carlo is reading his poetry?
8. What is Sal's relationship like with Rita Bettencourt?
9. What does Sal find out when he calls Chad King after he arrives in Denver?
10. What are Sal's living arrangements while he is in Denver?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)