|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Dean find after Sal first meets him in New York?
(a) A parking lot attendant.
(b) A grocery store clerk.
(c) A custodial worker.
(d) Selling pressure cookers.
2. What is one of the things Sal enjoys doing in New Orleans?
(a) Exploring the voodoo culture.
(b) Witnessing a jazz funeral.
(c) Listening to Old Bull's stories.
(d) Bar hopping on Bourbon Street.
3. Who does Sal introduce to Dean with whom he forms a strong friendship?
(a) Carlo Marx.
(b) Ed Dunkel.
(c) Remi Boncoeur.
(d) Chad King.
4. Who do Sal and his friends stay with in New Orleans?
(a) Chad King.
(b) Old Bull Lee.
(d) Hyman Solomon.
5. What does Sal think about his first visit to Denver?
(a) It is ungratifying.
(b) It is traumatic.
(c) It is inspirational.
(d) It is exuberating.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the mutual friend with Sal Paradise and Mississippi Gene?
2. Why is Sal's friend ejected from the upscale restaurant in San Francisco?
3. Where does Dean want to travel before his divorce with Marylou?
4. Who sends letters to Sal and tells him about Dean Moriarty?
5. After Sal leaves Terry, he rides a bus from Los Angeles to which city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Sal, Dean, Marylou, and Ed Dunkel in Washington, D.C.?
2. Why does Sal want to leave Denver?
3. What does the group of friends do while in New York on New Year's Eve?
4. Why does Sal break up with Lucille?
5. What are Sal's living arrangements while he is in Denver?
6. Why does Lee Ann throw Remi out of their house?
7. Why do Sal and his hitchhiker friend, Eddie, part in Iowa?
8. What does Sal learn about Dean's love life in Denver?
9. Who is traveling with Mississippi Gene?
10. Why doesn't the driver offer Sal any food on his trip from Pittsburgh to New York?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)