|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee Ann do after Remi loses their money at the horse races?
(a) She makes him repay her.
(b) She kicks him out of their house.
(c) She forgives him.
(d) She yells at him.
2. Why does Sal leave Terry?
(a) He is feeling tied down in a committed relationship.
(b) Sal has the itch to be on the road again.
(c) He could not support Terry and her son.
(d) Terry kicks him out.
3. What is Roland Major's profession?
(a) He is an actor.
(b) He is a teacher.
(c) He is a musician.
(d) He is an author.
4. How long has it been since Sal has seen Dean since his first trip to San Francisco?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two years.
(c) One year.
(d) A few weeks.
5. Which reason is NOT a reason why Sal dislikes his job at the army barracks?
(a) He has to stay awake all night.
(b) He would rather drink with the men than reprimand them.
(c) He and Remi get free groceries from the commissary.
(d) He has to make one arrest per month.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sal introduce to Dean with whom he forms a strong friendship?
2. What time of year do Sal and Dean reunite after Sal's first trip?
3. Who is Hyman Solomon?
4. What favor does Remi ask of Lee Ann in San Francisco?
5. What is Central City?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the wildest ride of Sal's journey?
2. Who does Sal meet on the bus from Bakersfield to Los Angeles?
3. What does Dean inform the group about at a party where Carlo is reading his poetry?
4. How does Sal get the money to travel from Denver to San Francisco?
5. What favor does Remi ask Lee Ann before he moves out of their house?
6. What is the vow Sal and Terry make when Sal leaves for New York?
7. Why doesn't the driver offer Sal any food on his trip from Pittsburgh to New York?
8. What do Sal, Ray Rawlins, and others do in an old mining town outside of Denver?
9. Why do Sal and his hitchhiker friend, Eddie, part in Iowa?
10. Who is "The Ghost?"
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)