|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the travel bureau car's owner need his car driven to Chicago?
(a) He lost his driver's license.
(b) His family decided to take the train after traveling by car.
(c) He carpooled with a friend on the return trip.
(d) He bought a new car out west and drove it back to Chicago.
2. Why is Dean unable to work in San Francisco?
(a) He has to tend to Camille.
(b) Because of his excessive drinking.
(c) Because of his frequent out of town trips.
(d) He has injured his hand.
3. Who does Sal meet in Denver on his third trip West?
4. What is Sal and Dean's dream about while driving in a car?
(a) That they can escape their problems if they drive fast enough.
(b) That they take a giant scythe and chop down trees and mountains.
(c) That they drive up a ramp and become airborne.
(d) That the car is a time machine.
5. Who does Dean meet at a party in New York?
6. What are Sal and Dean's travel companions' reactions to dropping Sal and Dean off at their stop?
(a) They are very happy.
(b) They are very disappointed .
(c) They are very ambivalent.
(d) They are very wary.
7. Where do Sal and Dean decide to travel in 1949?
(c) New Orleans.
8. What does Marylou admit to Sal after they arrive in San Francisco?
(a) She has a crush on him.
(b) She only used him to make Dean jealous.
(c) That she really admires him.
(d) That he is really wearing on her after the long trip.
9. What does Dean do when he, Sal, and Marylou arrive in San Francisco?
(a) He does not want to stay in San Francisco and travels to Denver.
(b) He abandons them without any money to see Camille.
(c) He has a fight with Sal.
(d) He goes out to hear a jazz musician.
10. How does Sal feel after Dean confides in Sal about his reaction to their fight?
(a) He feels relieved.
(b) He feels that Dean is a sissy.
(c) He feels manipulated.
(d) He feels guilt-ridden.
11. What does Sal's arrival at Dean and Camille's house signify?
(a) That Dean will be more dutiful.
(b) That Dean will be less conscientious.
(c) That Dean will become even crazier.
(d) That Dean will be more nostalgic.
12. Where is Camille working in San Francisco?
(a) At a doctor's office.
(b) At a five-and-dime store.
(c) At a vinyard picking grapes.
(d) At a diner.
13. Why do Sal and Dean's travel companions seem leery of Dean on their 1949 trip to Denver?
(a) Because he is intoxicated.
(b) Because of his erratic behavior.
(c) Because he insists on sticking his head out of the window.
(d) Because he steals gasoline for the car.
14. Who is Sam Brady?
(a) A hitchhiker.
(b) A bar owner.
(c) Sal's friend.
(d) Dean's cousin.
15. Who do Sal, Dean, and Marylou meet in Texas?
(a) A hitchhiker named Alfred.
(b) A businessman named Donald.
(c) A poet named Walt.
(d) A prostitute named Mary Jane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Dean share with Stan and Sal while in Mexico?
2. Who does the travel bureau car that Sal and Dean drive from Denver to Chicago belong to?
3. Where do Sal and Dean clean up in Chicago?
4. What is the first place Sal visits on his return trip to San Francisco in the spring of 1949?
5. How do Dean and Sal get to Denver in Part 3?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)