|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dean meet at a party in New York?
2. Where do Sal and Dean's travel companions drop off Sal and Dean on their trip East in Part 3?
(b) Des Moines.
3. What does Sal consider a sign that he and Dean need to leave Denver?
(a) When their hotel room catches on fire.
(b) When they see a lunar eclipse.
(c) When Sam Brady delivers the news that the family wants no interaction with Dean or his father.
(d) When they see a white horse on the side of the road.
4. How does Sal justify Dean's behavior to Old Bull Lee?
(a) That Dean has a zest for life and is living fully.
(b) That Dean had a rough childhood.
(c) That Old Bull Lee is too snobby.
(d) That Dean is only that way when drunk or on drugs.
5. What is Sal and Dean's dream about while driving in a car?
(a) That they drive up a ramp and become airborne.
(b) That the car is a time machine.
(c) That they can escape their problems if they drive fast enough.
(d) That they take a giant scythe and chop down trees and mountains.
6. Why is Dean unable to work in San Francisco?
(a) He has injured his hand.
(b) Because of his frequent out of town trips.
(c) Because of his excessive drinking.
(d) He has to tend to Camille.
7. What does Dean do while Camille is at work?
(a) He drinks.
(b) He goes out with friends.
(c) He takes college courses to become a writer.
(d) He tends to their child.
8. What do Sal and Dean discuss while traveling from Sacramento to Denver?
(a) Their sexual encounters.
(b) Their dreams.
(c) Their friends.
(d) Their travel plans.
9. What are Sal and Dean's travel companions' reactions when it is Dean's turn to take the wheel of the vehicle?
(a) They are bored.
(b) They are annoyed.
(c) They are terrified.
(d) They are enthusiastic.
10. Who does Dean seek out in Denver?
(a) Chad King.
(b) His long-lost father.
(c) Carlo Marx.
(d) An old girl friend.
11. What is Sal's and Marylou's plan before they arrive in San Francisco?
(a) That they will visit Marylou's brother in Alcatraz.
(b) That Marylou would be Sal's girl.
(c) That they will never see each other again.
(d) That they will abandon Dean.
12. What are Sal and Dean's travel companions' reactions when they overhear Sal and Dean's discussing their car dream?
(a) They are increasingly irritated.
(b) They are increasingly nervous.
(c) They are increasingly intrigued.
(d) They are increasingly bored.
13. What action does Camille take with Dean and Sal in San Francisco?
(a) She kicks them out of the house.
(b) She refuses to let them in after 1:00 a.m.
(c) She sends them out for groceries.
(d) She calls the police on them.
14. What happens when Camille finds out about Inez?
(a) They become friends.
(b) She threatens suicide.
(c) Camille is furious and wants a divorce from Dean.
(d) She is indifferent.
15. What is Dean's job in San Francisco?
(a) He is selling pressure cookers.
(b) He is a security guard at an army barracks.
(c) He is a parking lot attendant.
(d) He is a bartender.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sal decide to travel after his second trip to San Francisco?
2. In Part 3, what do Sal and Dean's travel companions to Denver want to do in Sacramento?
3. What does Sal do to put a rift in his friendship with Dean and Camille?
4. Why does the travel bureau car's owner need his car driven to Chicago?
5. Who rescues Sal from the hotel in San Francisco?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)