|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dean take Sal to stay in San Francisco?
(a) At Camille's house.
(b) At Marylou's new apartment.
(c) At Remi Boncoeur's house.
(d) At the hotel where Roland Major is staying.
2. How does their friend assist Sal, Dean, and Stan in Mexico?
(a) He gives them directions.
(b) He directs them to a brothel.
(c) He treats Stan's insect bite.
(d) He sells them drugs.
3. Where is Camille working in San Francisco?
(a) At a vinyard picking grapes.
(b) At a five-and-dime store.
(c) At a diner.
(d) At a doctor's office.
4. Who rescues Sal from the hotel in San Francisco?
(a) Remi Boncoeur.
(b) Dean Moriarty.
(c) Roland Major.
5. Why do Sal and Dean's travel companions seem leery of Dean on their 1949 trip to Denver?
(a) Because he steals gasoline for the car.
(b) Because he insists on sticking his head out of the window.
(c) Because of his erratic behavior.
(d) Because he is intoxicated.
6. In Part 3, what do Sal and Dean's travel companions to Denver want to do in Sacramento?
(a) Stay overnight.
(b) Leave Sal and Dean.
(c) Go sightseeing.
(d) Stop for lunch.
7. Where does Dean learn his father is?
(a) On skid row in Detroit..
(b) In prison in Santa Fe.
(c) On Wall Street in New York.
(d) In prison in Seattle.
8. What happens to Sal in Mexico City?
(a) He gets arrested.
(b) He gets dysentery.
(c) He gets in a car accident.
(d) He meets a woman and falls in love.
9. What does Sal feel when he passes the fields near Bakersfield in Part 2?
(a) He feels hungry.
(b) He feels pangs of guilt.
(c) He feels confusion.
(d) He feels nostalgic.
10. What do Sal and Dean discuss while traveling from Sacramento to Denver?
(a) Their dreams.
(b) Their friends.
(c) Their travel plans.
(d) Their sexual encounters.
11. How does Sal justify Dean's behavior to Old Bull Lee?
(a) That Dean has a zest for life and is living fully.
(b) That Dean had a rough childhood.
(c) That Old Bull Lee is too snobby.
(d) That Dean is only that way when drunk or on drugs.
12. What news does Sam Brady deliver to Dean?
(a) That he used to date Camille.
(b) That Miles Davis will be performing in Denver.
(c) That Dean can live with him.
(d) That no one in his family cares to have any interaction with Dean or his father.
13. What is the first place Sal visits on his return trip to San Francisco in the spring of 1949?
(a) Dean and Camille's home.
(b) The Golden Gate Bridge.
(c) Remi Boncoeur's home.
(d) The army barracks.
14. What does Sal consider a sign that he and Dean need to leave Denver?
(a) When Sam Brady delivers the news that the family wants no interaction with Dean or his father.
(b) When they see a white horse on the side of the road.
(c) When they see a lunar eclipse.
(d) When their hotel room catches on fire.
15. What are Sal and Dean's travel companions' reactions when it is Dean's turn to take the wheel of the vehicle?
(a) They are bored.
(b) They are enthusiastic.
(c) They are annoyed.
(d) They are terrified.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sal decide to travel after his second trip to San Francisco?
2. How does Dean greet Sal when he arrives at his door step in 1949?
3. Who do Sal, Dean, and Stan meet in a town called Gregoria?
4. Who are Sal and Dean's passengers on their trip to Chicago in the travel bureau car?
5. What is the best time of day for Old Bull?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)