|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Marylou's new boyfriend in San Francisco?
(a) A man who is handsome.
(b) A man who is religious.
(c) A man with a bad temper.
(d) A man who has money.
2. What does Sal's arrival at Dean and Camille's house signify?
(a) That Dean will be more dutiful.
(b) That Dean will become even crazier.
(c) That Dean will be more nostalgic.
(d) That Dean will be less conscientious.
3. Who is Sam Brady?
(a) A hitchhiker.
(b) Dean's cousin.
(c) A bar owner.
(d) Sal's friend.
4. What does Dean do while Camille is at work?
(a) He goes out with friends.
(b) He tends to their child.
(c) He drinks.
(d) He takes college courses to become a writer.
5. What happens to Stan shortly after he, Sal, and Dean depart from Denver?
(a) He gets a sunburn
(b) He gets car sick.
(c) He gets an insect bite.
(d) He changes his mind and wants to return to Denver.
6. Where do Sal and Marylou stay in San Francisco?
(a) With one of Marylou's friends.
(b) With Remi Boncouer.
(c) At a hotel.
(d) At a bus station.
7. What personal news does Dean share with Sal and Stan in Part 4?
(a) That he wants a divorce from Camille.
(b) That he wants to move to Tucson.
(c) That he wants to collaborate on a book with them.
(d) That he is participating in Alcoholics Annonymous.
8. In Part 3, what do Sal and Dean's travel companions to Denver want to do in Sacramento?
(a) Go sightseeing.
(b) Stay overnight.
(c) Stop for lunch.
(d) Leave Sal and Dean.
9. According to Sal, Dean's soul is wrapped up in ______________________? (fill in the blank)
(a) A fast car, a coast to reach, and a drink at the end of the road.
(b) A fast car, a coast to reach, and a woman at the end of the road.
(c) A car to steal, a coast to reach, and a woman at the end of the road.
(d) A fast car, a new kick, and a woman at the end of the road.
10. Who rescues Sal from the hotel in San Francisco?
(b) Dean Moriarty.
(c) Roland Major.
(d) Remi Boncoeur.
11. What do Sal and Dean discuss while traveling from Sacramento to Denver?
(a) Their travel plans.
(b) Their friends.
(c) Their sexual encounters.
(d) Their dreams.
12. What does Dean do when he, Sal, and Marylou arrive in San Francisco?
(a) He does not want to stay in San Francisco and travels to Denver.
(b) He goes out to hear a jazz musician.
(c) He has a fight with Sal.
(d) He abandons them without any money to see Camille.
13. What does Sal do to put a rift in his friendship with Dean and Camille?
(a) He reports Dean to the police.
(b) He hurls insults at them.
(c) He does not share any of the sandwiches he made for his trip.
(d) He takes some of their money.
14. How do Dean and Sal get to Denver in Part 3?
(a) They hitchhike.
(b) In a travel bureau car.
(c) They take an airplane.
(d) By bus.
15. Who does Dean seek out in Denver?
(a) Carlo Marx.
(b) Chad King.
(c) His long-lost father.
(d) An old girl friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does their friend assist Sal, Dean, and Stan in Mexico?
2. Why do Sal and Dean's travel companions seem leery of Dean on their 1949 trip to Denver?
3. What is the name of the horse that Sal bets on?
4. What happens when Camille finds out about Inez?
5. What are Sal and Dean's travel companions' reactions when it is Dean's turn to take the wheel of the vehicle?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)