|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sal, Dean, and Marylou's car run off the road into the mud?
2. Whose ranch do Sal and Dean visit in Colorado?
(a) Montana Slim.
(b) Old Bull Lee.
(c) Ed Dunkel.
(d) Ed Wall.
3. What is Sal and Dean's plan before they take their second trip in 1949?
(a) They will earn their college degrees.
(b) They will travel the United States more extensively.
(c) They will return to New York before departing.
(d) They will find jobs in San Francisco to earn money for the trip.
4. What happens to Stan shortly after he, Sal, and Dean depart from Denver?
(a) He gets a sunburn
(b) He changes his mind and wants to return to Denver.
(c) He gets an insect bite.
(d) He gets car sick.
5. Where do Dean and Sal stay in Detroit?
(a) At a posh hotel.
(b) Skid row.
(c) With a friend.
(d) At a YMCA.
6. What do Sal and Dean do while bar-hopping in Denver?
(a) They assault a police officer.
(b) They steal cars.
(c) They pick up women.
(d) They perform on stage.
7. Where does Dean learn his father is?
(a) In prison in Santa Fe.
(b) On Wall Street in New York.
(c) In prison in Seattle.
(d) On skid row in Detroit..
8. Who does the travel bureau car that Sal and Dean drive from Denver to Chicago belong to?
(a) A wealthy man.
(b) An artist.
(c) A mobster.
(d) A car dealer.
9. In Part 3, who takes the wheel of the vehicle that Dean and Sal are riding in while in Sacramento?
(a) The homosexual man.
(b) Sal .
(d) One of the couple.
10. How does Dean greet Sal when he arrives at his door step in 1949?
(a) He is inebriated.
(b) He slams the door in Sal's face.
(c) He gives Sal a big hug.
(d) He answers the door naked.
11. Where do Sal and Dean decide to travel in 1949?
(d) New Orleans.
12. Who do Sal, Dean, and Marylou meet in Texas?
(a) A hitchhiker named Alfred.
(b) A poet named Walt.
(c) A prostitute named Mary Jane.
(d) A businessman named Donald.
13. What is Sal's and Marylou's plan before they arrive in San Francisco?
(a) That they will abandon Dean.
(b) That they will visit Marylou's brother in Alcatraz.
(c) That Marylou would be Sal's girl.
(d) That they will never see each other again.
14. Where does Sal decide to travel after his second trip to San Francisco?
(c) New York.
15. What action does Camille take with Dean and Sal in San Francisco?
(a) She refuses to let them in after 1:00 a.m.
(b) She kicks them out of the house.
(c) She calls the police on them.
(d) She sends them out for groceries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in a restaurant in Denver when Sal and Dean are en route to New York?
2. What news does Dean share with Stan and Sal while in Mexico?
3. What does Sal do in Texas to get money to buy gas?
4. What are Sal and Dean's travel companions' reactions to dropping Sal and Dean off at their stop?
5. What does Sal's arrival at Dean and Camille's house signify?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)