|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Sal and Dean travel with on their 1949 trip to Denver?
(a) An Okie and a couple.
(b) A homosexual man and a couple.
(c) A homosexual man and a hitchhiker.
(d) A Mexican and a hobo.
2. Who does Sal meet in Denver on his third trip West?
3. What are Sal and Dean's travel companions' reactions to dropping Sal and Dean off at their stop?
(a) They are very disappointed .
(b) They are very happy.
(c) They are very wary.
(d) They are very ambivalent.
4. What is Sal and Dean's plan before they take their second trip in 1949?
(a) They will travel the United States more extensively.
(b) They will find jobs in San Francisco to earn money for the trip.
(c) They will return to New York before departing.
(d) They will earn their college degrees.
5. Where is Camille working in San Francisco?
(a) At a vinyard picking grapes.
(b) At a diner.
(c) At a doctor's office.
(d) At a five-and-dime store.
6. What news does Dean share with Stan and Sal while in Mexico?
(a) Camille is going to have another child.
(b) Dean has a divorce from Camille.
(c) Dean's father is being released from prison.
(d) Dean wants to extend their trip to Guatemala.
7. What happens when Camille finds out about Inez?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) She threatens suicide.
(c) Camille is furious and wants a divorce from Dean.
(d) They become friends.
8. What are Sal and Dean's travel companions' reactions when it is Dean's turn to take the wheel of the vehicle?
(a) They are enthusiastic.
(b) They are terrified.
(c) They are annoyed.
(d) They are bored.
9. How does Dean greet Sal when he arrives at his door step in 1949?
(a) He answers the door naked.
(b) He slams the door in Sal's face.
(c) He gives Sal a big hug.
(d) He is inebriated.
10. What does Sal learn about Dean and Camille after his arrival in San Francisco?
(a) That they are expecting their second child.
(b) That they are moving to San Antonio
(c) That they are getting a divorce.
(d) That Camille has the mumps.
11. Where do Dean and Sal stay in Detroit?
(a) With a friend.
(b) At a YMCA.
(c) At a posh hotel.
(d) Skid row.
12. Why is Dean unable to work in San Francisco?
(a) Because of his frequent out of town trips.
(b) He has injured his hand.
(c) He has to tend to Camille.
(d) Because of his excessive drinking.
13. What is Dean's reaction to his passengers being terrified of his driving on his trip from Denver to Chicago?
(a) He feels guilty.
(b) He is agitated.
(c) He does not notice.
(d) He mocks them.
14. What does Dean tell Sal after their first real argument?
(a) That he does not want to be Sal's friend.
(b) That he has been crying.
(c) That he is sorry.
(d) That he will not travel with Sal to New York.
15. What does Sal do to put a rift in his friendship with Dean and Camille?
(a) He hurls insults at them.
(b) He reports Dean to the police.
(c) He does not share any of the sandwiches he made for his trip.
(d) He takes some of their money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sal consider a sign that he and Dean need to leave Denver?
2. Where does Sal, Dean, and Marylou's car run off the road into the mud?
3. Who does the travel bureau car that Sal and Dean drive from Denver to Chicago belong to?
4. What happens to Stan shortly after he, Sal, and Dean depart from Denver?
5. What plans do Sal and Stan make during Sal's last trip to Denver?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)