|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sal and Dean discuss while traveling from Sacramento to Denver?
(a) Their friends.
(b) Their travel plans.
(c) Their sexual encounters.
(d) Their dreams.
2. What does Dean do when he, Sal, and Marylou arrive in San Francisco?
(a) He does not want to stay in San Francisco and travels to Denver.
(b) He goes out to hear a jazz musician.
(c) He has a fight with Sal.
(d) He abandons them without any money to see Camille.
3. What does Sal learn about Dean and Camille after his arrival in San Francisco?
(a) That they are moving to San Antonio
(b) That Camille has the mumps.
(c) That they are expecting their second child.
(d) That they are getting a divorce.
4. What action does Camille take with Dean and Sal in San Francisco?
(a) She kicks them out of the house.
(b) She refuses to let them in after 1:00 a.m.
(c) She calls the police on them.
(d) She sends them out for groceries.
5. What plans do Sal and Stan make during Sal's last trip to Denver?
(a) To go bar hopping and to pick up women.
(b) To travel to San Francisco.
(c) To write a book together.
(d) To travel to Mexico.
6. What does Sal do when he returns to Denver in the spring of 1949?
(a) He trains as a rodeo clown.
(b) He works as a laborer.
(c) He writes poetry.
(d) He goes to bars and listens to jazz music.
7. Who rescues Sal from the hotel in San Francisco?
(a) Dean Moriarty.
(b) Roland Major.
(d) Remi Boncoeur.
8. Why is Dean unable to work in San Francisco?
(a) Because of his excessive drinking.
(b) Because of his frequent out of town trips.
(c) He has injured his hand.
(d) He has to tend to Camille.
9. What happens to Sal in Mexico City?
(a) He gets dysentery.
(b) He meets a woman and falls in love.
(c) He gets in a car accident.
(d) He gets arrested.
10. What personal news does Dean share with Sal and Stan in Part 4?
(a) That he wants to move to Tucson.
(b) That he wants a divorce from Camille.
(c) That he wants to collaborate on a book with them.
(d) That he is participating in Alcoholics Annonymous.
11. What is the name of the horse that Sal bets on?
(a) Big Brown.
(b) Old Pops.
(c) Holy Goof.
12. What is Sal and Dean's dream about while driving in a car?
(a) That they drive up a ramp and become airborne.
(b) That they can escape their problems if they drive fast enough.
(c) That the car is a time machine.
(d) That they take a giant scythe and chop down trees and mountains.
13. What happens in a restaurant in Denver when Sal and Dean are en route to New York?
(a) They stiff the server with the bill.
(b) They pick up women.
(c) They make plans to travel to Canada.
(d) Sal and Dean have their first outright argument.
14. Who does Sal meet in Denver on his third trip West?
15. What happens to Stan shortly after he, Sal, and Dean depart from Denver?
(a) He changes his mind and wants to return to Denver.
(b) He gets an insect bite.
(c) He gets a sunburn
(d) He gets car sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sal get the money to leave San Francisco for the second time?
2. Where does Old Bull take Sal in New Orleans?
3. How does their friend assist Sal, Dean, and Stan in Mexico?
4. Who does Dean seek out in Denver?
5. What happens when Camille finds out about Inez?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)