|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Camille working in San Francisco?
(a) At a vinyard picking grapes.
(b) At a five-and-dime store.
(c) At a diner.
(d) At a doctor's office.
2. Who does Sal meet in Denver on his third trip West?
3. What happens when Camille finds out about Inez?
(a) Camille is furious and wants a divorce from Dean.
(b) She threatens suicide.
(c) They become friends.
(d) She is indifferent.
4. Where do Sal, Dean, and Marylou drop Alfred off?
(a) Salinas, California.
(b) Needles, California.
(c) Tucson, Arizona.
(d) Tulare, California.
5. How does their friend assist Sal, Dean, and Stan in Mexico?
(a) He treats Stan's insect bite.
(b) He directs them to a brothel.
(c) He gives them directions.
(d) He sells them drugs.
6. What does Sal do in Texas to get money to buy gas?
(a) He works in the field picking fruit.
(b) He holds up a liquor store.
(c) He pawns his watch.
(d) He panhandles.
7. What personal news does Dean share with Sal and Stan in Part 4?
(a) That he is participating in Alcoholics Annonymous.
(b) That he wants to move to Tucson.
(c) That he wants to collaborate on a book with them.
(d) That he wants a divorce from Camille.
8. What does Sal's arrival at Dean and Camille's house signify?
(a) That Dean will be less conscientious.
(b) That Dean will be more dutiful.
(c) That Dean will become even crazier.
(d) That Dean will be more nostalgic.
9. Where does Old Bull take Sal in New Orleans?
(a) To a bayou.
(b) To the racetrack.
(c) To Bourbon Street.
(d) To an abandoned warehouse.
10. What is Dean's job in San Francisco?
(a) He is a bartender.
(b) He is a security guard at an army barracks.
(c) He is selling pressure cookers.
(d) He is a parking lot attendant.
11. Where do Sal and Marylou stay in San Francisco?
(a) At a hotel.
(b) With Remi Boncouer.
(c) With one of Marylou's friends.
(d) At a bus station.
12. What does Dean do while Camille is at work?
(a) He drinks.
(b) He goes out with friends.
(c) He takes college courses to become a writer.
(d) He tends to their child.
13. What does Sal do in Part 3, when the other passengers criticize Dean?
(a) He ignores them.
(b) He defends Dean.
(c) He gets angry at them.
(d) He agrees with them and has a talk with Dean.
14. What do Sal and Dean do while bar-hopping in Denver?
(a) They perform on stage.
(b) They steal cars.
(c) They assault a police officer.
(d) They pick up women.
15. Who is Sam Brady?
(a) Sal's friend.
(b) A hitchhiker.
(c) A bar owner.
(d) Dean's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Sal and Dean decide to travel in 1949?
2. What does Sal feel when he passes the fields near Bakersfield in Part 2?
3. Who do Sal and Dean travel with on their 1949 trip to Denver?
4. Who does the travel bureau car that Sal and Dean drive from Denver to Chicago belong to?
5. Who is Dean referring to when he tells Sal that "God has arrived"?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)