|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dean greet Sal when he arrives at his door step in 1949?
(a) He answers the door naked.
(b) He gives Sal a big hug.
(c) He is inebriated.
(d) He slams the door in Sal's face.
2. What is the best time of day for Old Bull?
(a) Late nights.
(b) The afternoons.
(c) The mornings.
(d) The evenings.
3. What do Sal and Dean discuss while traveling from Sacramento to Denver?
(a) Their dreams.
(b) Their travel plans.
(c) Their friends.
(d) Their sexual encounters.
4. What does Marylou do when she sees Sal on the streets of San Francisco?
(a) She does not acknowledge him.
(b) She tells him to go away.
(c) She waves hello.
(d) She suggests they have a drink together.
5. Where do Sal, Dean, and Marylou drop Alfred off?
(a) Tucson, Arizona.
(b) Tulare, California.
(c) Salinas, California.
(d) Needles, California.
6. In Part 3, who takes the wheel of the vehicle that Dean and Sal are riding in while in Sacramento?
(a) The homosexual man.
(c) Sal .
(d) One of the couple.
7. What happens when Camille finds out about Inez?
(a) She threatens suicide.
(b) Camille is furious and wants a divorce from Dean.
(c) She is indifferent.
(d) They become friends.
8. What news does Sam Brady deliver to Dean?
(a) That Dean can live with him.
(b) That no one in his family cares to have any interaction with Dean or his father.
(c) That he used to date Camille.
(d) That Miles Davis will be performing in Denver.
9. What happens in a restaurant in Denver when Sal and Dean are en route to New York?
(a) They make plans to travel to Canada.
(b) They pick up women.
(c) Sal and Dean have their first outright argument.
(d) They stiff the server with the bill.
10. Who does Dean meet at a party in New York?
11. What does Dean do when he, Sal, and Marylou arrive in San Francisco?
(a) He abandons them without any money to see Camille.
(b) He goes out to hear a jazz musician.
(c) He has a fight with Sal.
(d) He does not want to stay in San Francisco and travels to Denver.
12. What is Dean's reaction to his passengers being terrified of his driving on his trip from Denver to Chicago?
(a) He feels guilty.
(b) He does not notice.
(c) He mocks them.
(d) He is agitated.
13. How do Dean and Sal get to Denver in Part 3?
(a) By bus.
(b) They hitchhike.
(c) They take an airplane.
(d) In a travel bureau car.
14. In Part 3, what do Sal and Dean's travel companions to Denver want to do in Sacramento?
(a) Go sightseeing.
(b) Leave Sal and Dean.
(c) Stop for lunch.
(d) Stay overnight.
15. What happens during Sal, Stan, and Dean's stay in San Antonio?
(a) The three men have a fight.
(b) They get a flat tire.
(c) They get a speeding ticket.
(d) Stan gets medical treatment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Sal and Dean travel with on their 1949 trip to Denver?
2. Where does Dean take Sal to stay in San Francisco?
3. What does Sal's arrival at Dean and Camille's house signify?
4. Why do Sal and Dean's travel companions seem leery of Dean on their 1949 trip to Denver?
5. What action does Camille take with Dean and Sal in San Francisco?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)