|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sal consider a sign that he and Dean need to leave Denver?
(a) When their hotel room catches on fire.
(b) When they see a white horse on the side of the road.
(c) When they see a lunar eclipse.
(d) When Sam Brady delivers the news that the family wants no interaction with Dean or his father.
2. Where do Sal and Dean's travel companions drop off Sal and Dean on their trip East in Part 3?
(c) Des Moines.
3. What action does Camille take with Dean and Sal in San Francisco?
(a) She kicks them out of the house.
(b) She calls the police on them.
(c) She refuses to let them in after 1:00 a.m.
(d) She sends them out for groceries.
4. What does Dean do when he, Sal, and Marylou arrive in San Francisco?
(a) He does not want to stay in San Francisco and travels to Denver.
(b) He goes out to hear a jazz musician.
(c) He has a fight with Sal.
(d) He abandons them without any money to see Camille.
5. What happens to Sal in Mexico City?
(a) He gets dysentery.
(b) He gets in a car accident.
(c) He gets arrested.
(d) He meets a woman and falls in love.
6. Who rescues Sal from the hotel in San Francisco?
(b) Roland Major.
(c) Dean Moriarty.
(d) Remi Boncoeur.
7. What does Sal do in Texas to get money to buy gas?
(a) He panhandles.
(b) He holds up a liquor store.
(c) He works in the field picking fruit.
(d) He pawns his watch.
8. What is Sal and Dean's plan before they take their second trip in 1949?
(a) They will find jobs in San Francisco to earn money for the trip.
(b) They will travel the United States more extensively.
(c) They will return to New York before departing.
(d) They will earn their college degrees.
9. What does Marylou admit to Sal after they arrive in San Francisco?
(a) She only used him to make Dean jealous.
(b) She has a crush on him.
(c) That she really admires him.
(d) That he is really wearing on her after the long trip.
10. In Part 3, what do Sal and Dean's travel companions to Denver want to do in Sacramento?
(a) Go sightseeing.
(b) Stay overnight.
(c) Stop for lunch.
(d) Leave Sal and Dean.
11. Where is Camille working in San Francisco?
(a) At a diner.
(b) At a doctor's office.
(c) At a five-and-dime store.
(d) At a vinyard picking grapes.
12. What happens during Sal, Stan, and Dean's stay in San Antonio?
(a) They get a speeding ticket.
(b) The three men have a fight.
(c) Stan gets medical treatment.
(d) They get a flat tire.
13. How does Sal justify Dean's behavior to Old Bull Lee?
(a) That Dean has a zest for life and is living fully.
(b) That Old Bull Lee is too snobby.
(c) That Dean is only that way when drunk or on drugs.
(d) That Dean had a rough childhood.
14. What is Dean's reaction to his passengers being terrified of his driving on his trip from Denver to Chicago?
(a) He mocks them.
(b) He is agitated.
(c) He feels guilty.
(d) He does not notice.
15. What does Sal pack for his departure from San Francisco?
(a) His pajamas.
(b) A manuscript.
(c) Some sandwiches.
(d) A gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dean take Sal to stay in San Francisco?
2. Where do Dean and Sal stay in Detroit?
3. What do Sal and Dean discuss while traveling from Sacramento to Denver?
4. Where does Sal, Dean, and Marylou's car run off the road into the mud?
5. What plans do Sal and Stan make during Sal's last trip to Denver?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)