|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marylou admit to Sal after they arrive in San Francisco?
(a) That she really admires him.
(b) She has a crush on him.
(c) She only used him to make Dean jealous.
(d) That he is really wearing on her after the long trip.
2. What does Marylou do when she sees Sal on the streets of San Francisco?
(a) She does not acknowledge him.
(b) She suggests they have a drink together.
(c) She waves hello.
(d) She tells him to go away.
3. What do Sal and Dean discuss while traveling from Sacramento to Denver?
(a) Their sexual encounters.
(b) Their travel plans.
(c) Their friends.
(d) Their dreams.
4. How does their friend assist Sal, Dean, and Stan in Mexico?
(a) He gives them directions.
(b) He sells them drugs.
(c) He directs them to a brothel.
(d) He treats Stan's insect bite.
5. Who do Sal, Dean, and Marylou meet in Texas?
(a) A poet named Walt.
(b) A prostitute named Mary Jane.
(c) A businessman named Donald.
(d) A hitchhiker named Alfred.
6. What are Sal and Dean's travel companions' reactions when it is Dean's turn to take the wheel of the vehicle?
(a) They are terrified.
(b) They are bored.
(c) They are enthusiastic.
(d) They are annoyed.
7. How does Sal get the money to leave San Francisco for the second time?
(a) He sells a manuscript.
(b) He pawns his watch.
(c) He works as a grocery clerk.
(d) Sal's aunt sends him a GI check.
8. What does Dean do when he, Sal, and Marylou arrive in San Francisco?
(a) He has a fight with Sal.
(b) He does not want to stay in San Francisco and travels to Denver.
(c) He goes out to hear a jazz musician.
(d) He abandons them without any money to see Camille.
9. What is Sal and Dean's plan before they take their second trip in 1949?
(a) They will return to New York before departing.
(b) They will earn their college degrees.
(c) They will find jobs in San Francisco to earn money for the trip.
(d) They will travel the United States more extensively.
10. What is Sal's and Marylou's plan before they arrive in San Francisco?
(a) That they will never see each other again.
(b) That they will abandon Dean.
(c) That they will visit Marylou's brother in Alcatraz.
(d) That Marylou would be Sal's girl.
11. What does Sal consider a sign that he and Dean need to leave Denver?
(a) When Sam Brady delivers the news that the family wants no interaction with Dean or his father.
(b) When they see a lunar eclipse.
(c) When they see a white horse on the side of the road.
(d) When their hotel room catches on fire.
12. What does Dean tell Sal after their first real argument?
(a) That he is sorry.
(b) That he will not travel with Sal to New York.
(c) That he has been crying.
(d) That he does not want to be Sal's friend.
13. Where do Dean and Sal stay in Detroit?
(a) Skid row.
(b) At a posh hotel.
(c) With a friend.
(d) At a YMCA.
14. What happens when Camille finds out about Inez?
(a) Camille is furious and wants a divorce from Dean.
(b) She threatens suicide.
(c) They become friends.
(d) She is indifferent.
15. Who does Dean seek out in Denver?
(a) An old girl friend.
(b) His long-lost father.
(c) Chad King.
(d) Carlo Marx.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Dean and Sal get to Denver in Part 3?
2. In Part 3, who takes the wheel of the vehicle that Dean and Sal are riding in while in Sacramento?
3. Who is Sam Brady?
4. What happens in a restaurant in Denver when Sal and Dean are en route to New York?
5. Who do Sal and Dean travel with on their 1949 trip to Denver?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)