|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marylou do when she sees Sal on the streets of San Francisco?
(a) She suggests they have a drink together.
(b) She does not acknowledge him.
(c) She tells him to go away.
(d) She waves hello.
2. What action does Camille take with Dean and Sal in San Francisco?
(a) She sends them out for groceries.
(b) She calls the police on them.
(c) She kicks them out of the house.
(d) She refuses to let them in after 1:00 a.m.
3. What happens to Sal in Mexico City?
(a) He meets a woman and falls in love.
(b) He gets in a car accident.
(c) He gets dysentery.
(d) He gets arrested.
4. What do Sal and Dean discuss while traveling from Sacramento to Denver?
(a) Their travel plans.
(b) Their dreams.
(c) Their sexual encounters.
(d) Their friends.
5. How do Dean and Sal get to Denver in Part 3?
(a) They hitchhike.
(b) They take an airplane.
(c) In a travel bureau car.
(d) By bus.
6. What are Sal and Dean's travel companions' reactions to dropping Sal and Dean off at their stop?
(a) They are very ambivalent.
(b) They are very happy.
(c) They are very wary.
(d) They are very disappointed .
7. Who does Sal meet in Denver on his third trip West?
8. What does Sal's arrival at Dean and Camille's house signify?
(a) That Dean will be less conscientious.
(b) That Dean will become even crazier.
(c) That Dean will be more dutiful.
(d) That Dean will be more nostalgic.
9. What is one of the things Sal and Dean discuss before Dean departs West to see Camille and his children?
(a) That maybe Sal could rent a room at Dean and Camille's house.
(b) That Sal could marry Camille after she and Dean get a divorce.
(c) That Dean and his family and Sal and his future family could live on the same street.
(d) That Sal, Dean, and Dean's father could take a trip together.
10. According to Sal, Dean's soul is wrapped up in ______________________? (fill in the blank)
(a) A fast car, a coast to reach, and a woman at the end of the road.
(b) A car to steal, a coast to reach, and a woman at the end of the road.
(c) A fast car, a new kick, and a woman at the end of the road.
(d) A fast car, a coast to reach, and a drink at the end of the road.
11. Who rescues Sal from the hotel in San Francisco?
(a) Roland Major.
(b) Dean Moriarty.
(d) Remi Boncoeur.
12. What news does Sam Brady deliver to Dean?
(a) That he used to date Camille.
(b) That Miles Davis will be performing in Denver.
(c) That Dean can live with him.
(d) That no one in his family cares to have any interaction with Dean or his father.
13. What is Dean's job in San Francisco?
(a) He is a parking lot attendant.
(b) He is a security guard at an army barracks.
(c) He is selling pressure cookers.
(d) He is a bartender.
14. Who is Dean referring to when he tells Sal that "God has arrived"?
(a) An author, Edmund McLean.
(b) The poet, William Carlos Williams.
(c) The actor, James Dean.
(d) A musician, George Shearing.
15. What happens to Stan shortly after he, Sal, and Dean depart from Denver?
(a) He gets a sunburn
(b) He gets an insect bite.
(c) He gets car sick.
(d) He changes his mind and wants to return to Denver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose ranch do Sal and Dean visit in Colorado?
2. What do Sal and Dean do while bar-hopping in Denver?
3. What is Sal and Dean's dream about while driving in a car?
4. What happens when Camille finds out about Inez?
5. What news does Dean share with Stan and Sal while in Mexico?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)