|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Sal and Dean travel with on their 1949 trip to Denver?
(a) A homosexual man and a hitchhiker.
(b) A Mexican and a hobo.
(c) A homosexual man and a couple.
(d) An Okie and a couple.
2. What news does Dean share with Stan and Sal while in Mexico?
(a) Dean wants to extend their trip to Guatemala.
(b) Camille is going to have another child.
(c) Dean has a divorce from Camille.
(d) Dean's father is being released from prison.
3. What happens to Sal in Mexico City?
(a) He gets arrested.
(b) He gets dysentery.
(c) He meets a woman and falls in love.
(d) He gets in a car accident.
4. Where does Sal, Dean, and Marylou's car run off the road into the mud?
5. What does Sal feel when he passes the fields near Bakersfield in Part 2?
(a) He feels hungry.
(b) He feels pangs of guilt.
(c) He feels nostalgic.
(d) He feels confusion.
6. What does Sal do in Texas to get money to buy gas?
(a) He panhandles.
(b) He pawns his watch.
(c) He holds up a liquor store.
(d) He works in the field picking fruit.
7. What happens when Camille finds out about Inez?
(a) They become friends.
(b) Camille is furious and wants a divorce from Dean.
(c) She is indifferent.
(d) She threatens suicide.
8. What is the best time of day for Old Bull?
(a) The mornings.
(b) The afternoons.
(c) The evenings.
(d) Late nights.
9. How is Sal able to travel from Denver to San Francisco in the spring of 1949?
(a) He finds some money on the street.
(b) From winnings at the horse racetrack.
(c) From the money he earns as a laborer.
(d) A rich woman gives him one hundred dollars.
10. What are Sal and Dean's travel companions' reactions to dropping Sal and Dean off at their stop?
(a) They are very ambivalent.
(b) They are very happy.
(c) They are very wary.
(d) They are very disappointed .
11. What plans do Sal and Stan make during Sal's last trip to Denver?
(a) To travel to Mexico.
(b) To travel to San Francisco.
(c) To go bar hopping and to pick up women.
(d) To write a book together.
12. What is Dean's reaction to his passengers being terrified of his driving on his trip from Denver to Chicago?
(a) He mocks them.
(b) He is agitated.
(c) He feels guilty.
(d) He does not notice.
13. What are Sal and Dean's travel companions' reactions when they overhear Sal and Dean's discussing their car dream?
(a) They are increasingly nervous.
(b) They are increasingly intrigued.
(c) They are increasingly irritated.
(d) They are increasingly bored.
14. How do Dean and Sal get to Denver in Part 3?
(a) They take an airplane.
(b) By bus.
(c) They hitchhike.
(d) In a travel bureau car.
15. What does Dean do when he, Sal, and Marylou arrive in San Francisco?
(a) He abandons them without any money to see Camille.
(b) He has a fight with Sal.
(c) He goes out to hear a jazz musician.
(d) He does not want to stay in San Francisco and travels to Denver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Sal, Dean, and Marylou drop Alfred off?
2. What is Sal's and Marylou's plan before they arrive in San Francisco?
3. Whose ranch do Sal and Dean visit in Colorado?
4. What does Dean do while Camille is at work?
5. What is the first place Sal visits on his return trip to San Francisco in the spring of 1949?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)