|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dean take Sal to stay in San Francisco?
(a) At Marylou's new apartment.
(b) At the hotel where Roland Major is staying.
(c) At Remi Boncoeur's house.
(d) At Camille's house.
2. In Part 3, what do Sal and Dean's travel companions to Denver want to do in Sacramento?
(a) Stop for lunch.
(b) Go sightseeing.
(c) Leave Sal and Dean.
(d) Stay overnight.
3. What news does Sam Brady deliver to Dean?
(a) That Miles Davis will be performing in Denver.
(b) That Dean can live with him.
(c) That he used to date Camille.
(d) That no one in his family cares to have any interaction with Dean or his father.
4. What is Sal and Dean's plan before they take their second trip in 1949?
(a) They will return to New York before departing.
(b) They will travel the United States more extensively.
(c) They will earn their college degrees.
(d) They will find jobs in San Francisco to earn money for the trip.
5. Where is Camille working in San Francisco?
(a) At a vinyard picking grapes.
(b) At a doctor's office.
(c) At a diner.
(d) At a five-and-dime store.
6. What does Dean do while Camille is at work?
(a) He tends to their child.
(b) He takes college courses to become a writer.
(c) He goes out with friends.
(d) He drinks.
7. What is the name of the horse that Sal bets on?
(a) Old Pops.
(b) Big Brown.
(d) Holy Goof.
8. What does Sal consider a sign that he and Dean need to leave Denver?
(a) When they see a lunar eclipse.
(b) When Sam Brady delivers the news that the family wants no interaction with Dean or his father.
(c) When their hotel room catches on fire.
(d) When they see a white horse on the side of the road.
9. Where does Sal, Dean, and Marylou's car run off the road into the mud?
10. Where does Old Bull take Sal in New Orleans?
(a) To an abandoned warehouse.
(b) To the racetrack.
(c) To Bourbon Street.
(d) To a bayou.
11. What does Sal pack for his departure from San Francisco?
(a) A gun.
(b) A manuscript.
(c) Some sandwiches.
(d) His pajamas.
12. Who rescues Sal from the hotel in San Francisco?
(a) Remi Boncoeur.
(c) Roland Major.
(d) Dean Moriarty.
13. Where do Sal and Dean's travel companions drop off Sal and Dean on their trip East in Part 3?
(a) Des Moines.
14. Who does Dean seek out in Denver?
(a) His long-lost father.
(b) Carlo Marx.
(c) An old girl friend.
(d) Chad King.
15. What personal news does Dean share with Sal and Stan in Part 4?
(a) That he wants to collaborate on a book with them.
(b) That he is participating in Alcoholics Annonymous.
(c) That he wants a divorce from Camille.
(d) That he wants to move to Tucson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sal learn about Dean and Camille after his arrival in San Francisco?
2. What do Sal and Dean do while bar-hopping in Denver?
3. What does Sal's arrival at Dean and Camille's house signify?
4. Who is Dean referring to when he tells Sal that "God has arrived"?
5. What is the best time of day for Old Bull?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)