|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in a restaurant in Denver when Sal and Dean are en route to New York?
(a) They make plans to travel to Canada.
(b) Sal and Dean have their first outright argument.
(c) They stiff the server with the bill.
(d) They pick up women.
2. Who do Sal, Dean, and Stan meet in a town called Gregoria?
(b) Old Bull Lee.
3. Whose ranch do Sal and Dean visit in Colorado?
(a) Montana Slim.
(b) Ed Wall.
(c) Ed Dunkel.
(d) Old Bull Lee.
4. How does Sal feel after Dean confides in Sal about his reaction to their fight?
(a) He feels manipulated.
(b) He feels relieved.
(c) He feels that Dean is a sissy.
(d) He feels guilt-ridden.
5. How does Hal Hingham assist Sal and the others in Tucson?
(a) He gives them five dollars.
(b) He buys them dinner.
(c) He lets them spend the night at his house.
(d) He lets them take a shower at his house.
6. What are Sal and Dean's travel companions' reactions when it is Dean's turn to take the wheel of the vehicle?
(a) They are terrified.
(b) They are bored.
(c) They are enthusiastic.
(d) They are annoyed.
7. Why is Dean unable to work in San Francisco?
(a) Because of his frequent out of town trips.
(b) Because of his excessive drinking.
(c) He has to tend to Camille.
(d) He has injured his hand.
8. According to Sal, Dean's soul is wrapped up in ______________________? (fill in the blank)
(a) A fast car, a new kick, and a woman at the end of the road.
(b) A fast car, a coast to reach, and a woman at the end of the road.
(c) A car to steal, a coast to reach, and a woman at the end of the road.
(d) A fast car, a coast to reach, and a drink at the end of the road.
9. What happens during Sal, Stan, and Dean's stay in San Antonio?
(a) The three men have a fight.
(b) Stan gets medical treatment.
(c) They get a flat tire.
(d) They get a speeding ticket.
10. What are Sal and Dean's travel companions' reactions to dropping Sal and Dean off at their stop?
(a) They are very disappointed .
(b) They are very ambivalent.
(c) They are very happy.
(d) They are very wary.
11. Where does Dean learn his father is?
(a) On skid row in Detroit..
(b) In prison in Seattle.
(c) On Wall Street in New York.
(d) In prison in Santa Fe.
12. Why do Sal and Dean's travel companions seem leery of Dean on their 1949 trip to Denver?
(a) Because he insists on sticking his head out of the window.
(b) Because he steals gasoline for the car.
(c) Because he is intoxicated.
(d) Because of his erratic behavior.
13. Who is Sam Brady?
(a) A bar owner.
(b) A hitchhiker.
(c) Dean's cousin.
(d) Sal's friend.
14. What does Sal's arrival at Dean and Camille's house signify?
(a) That Dean will be more dutiful.
(b) That Dean will be less conscientious.
(c) That Dean will become even crazier.
(d) That Dean will be more nostalgic.
15. Who does the travel bureau car that Sal and Dean drive from Denver to Chicago belong to?
(a) A car dealer.
(b) An artist.
(c) A wealthy man.
(d) A mobster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sal do when he returns to Denver in the spring of 1949?
2. What is Sal's and Marylou's plan before they arrive in San Francisco?
3. What are Sal and Dean's travel companions' reactions when they overhear Sal and Dean's discussing their car dream?
4. What do Sal and Dean do while bar-hopping in Denver?
5. In Part 3, who takes the wheel of the vehicle that Dean and Sal are riding in while in Sacramento?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)