|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sal do when he returns to Denver in the spring of 1949?
(a) He goes to bars and listens to jazz music.
(b) He works as a laborer.
(c) He trains as a rodeo clown.
(d) He writes poetry.
2. In Part 3, who takes the wheel of the vehicle that Dean and Sal are riding in while in Sacramento?
(b) Sal .
(c) One of the couple.
(d) The homosexual man.
3. What news does Sam Brady deliver to Dean?
(a) That he used to date Camille.
(b) That no one in his family cares to have any interaction with Dean or his father.
(c) That Dean can live with him.
(d) That Miles Davis will be performing in Denver.
4. What personal news does Dean share with Sal and Stan in Part 4?
(a) That he wants to collaborate on a book with them.
(b) That he is participating in Alcoholics Annonymous.
(c) That he wants to move to Tucson.
(d) That he wants a divorce from Camille.
5. What is one of the things Sal and Dean discuss before Dean departs West to see Camille and his children?
(a) That Sal could marry Camille after she and Dean get a divorce.
(b) That Dean and his family and Sal and his future family could live on the same street.
(c) That maybe Sal could rent a room at Dean and Camille's house.
(d) That Sal, Dean, and Dean's father could take a trip together.
6. What plans do Sal and Stan make during Sal's last trip to Denver?
(a) To travel to San Francisco.
(b) To write a book together.
(c) To go bar hopping and to pick up women.
(d) To travel to Mexico.
7. Where is Camille working in San Francisco?
(a) At a five-and-dime store.
(b) At a doctor's office.
(c) At a vinyard picking grapes.
(d) At a diner.
8. What does Marylou do when she sees Sal on the streets of San Francisco?
(a) She waves hello.
(b) She suggests they have a drink together.
(c) She tells him to go away.
(d) She does not acknowledge him.
9. Where do Dean and Sal stay in Detroit?
(a) With a friend.
(b) At a posh hotel.
(c) At a YMCA.
(d) Skid row.
10. What are Sal and Dean's travel companions' reactions to dropping Sal and Dean off at their stop?
(a) They are very wary.
(b) They are very happy.
(c) They are very disappointed .
(d) They are very ambivalent.
11. What do Sal and Dean do while bar-hopping in Denver?
(a) They assault a police officer.
(b) They pick up women.
(c) They steal cars.
(d) They perform on stage.
12. Who rescues Sal from the hotel in San Francisco?
(b) Remi Boncoeur.
(c) Roland Major.
(d) Dean Moriarty.
13. How is Sal able to travel from Denver to San Francisco in the spring of 1949?
(a) A rich woman gives him one hundred dollars.
(b) From winnings at the horse racetrack.
(c) He finds some money on the street.
(d) From the money he earns as a laborer.
14. What are Sal and Dean's travel companions' reactions when they overhear Sal and Dean's discussing their car dream?
(a) They are increasingly intrigued.
(b) They are increasingly bored.
(c) They are increasingly irritated.
(d) They are increasingly nervous.
15. What does Sal do in Texas to get money to buy gas?
(a) He holds up a liquor store.
(b) He works in the field picking fruit.
(c) He pawns his watch.
(d) He panhandles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Sal and Dean travel with on their 1949 trip to Denver?
2. What do Sal and Dean discuss while traveling from Sacramento to Denver?
3. What does Sal pack for his departure from San Francisco?
4. What news does Dean share with Stan and Sal while in Mexico?
5. Why do Sal and Dean's travel companions seem leery of Dean on their 1949 trip to Denver?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)