|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action does Camille take with Dean and Sal in San Francisco?
(a) She kicks them out of the house.
(b) She calls the police on them.
(c) She refuses to let them in after 1:00 a.m.
(d) She sends them out for groceries.
2. Where do Sal and Dean decide to travel in 1949?
(b) New Orleans.
3. Who does the travel bureau car that Sal and Dean drive from Denver to Chicago belong to?
(a) A mobster.
(b) An artist.
(c) A wealthy man.
(d) A car dealer.
4. Where is Camille working in San Francisco?
(a) At a five-and-dime store.
(b) At a diner.
(c) At a doctor's office.
(d) At a vinyard picking grapes.
5. Where do Sal, Dean, and Marylou drop Alfred off?
(a) Salinas, California.
(b) Needles, California.
(c) Tucson, Arizona.
(d) Tulare, California.
6. What does Dean tell Sal after their first real argument?
(a) That he will not travel with Sal to New York.
(b) That he does not want to be Sal's friend.
(c) That he has been crying.
(d) That he is sorry.
7. How does Sal feel after Dean confides in Sal about his reaction to their fight?
(a) He feels that Dean is a sissy.
(b) He feels relieved.
(c) He feels manipulated.
(d) He feels guilt-ridden.
8. Where do Sal and Dean's travel companions drop off Sal and Dean on their trip East in Part 3?
(a) Des Moines.
9. Who is Sam Brady?
(a) Dean's cousin.
(b) A hitchhiker.
(c) Sal's friend.
(d) A bar owner.
10. What does Sal feel when he passes the fields near Bakersfield in Part 2?
(a) He feels hungry.
(b) He feels confusion.
(c) He feels pangs of guilt.
(d) He feels nostalgic.
11. What does Sal consider a sign that he and Dean need to leave Denver?
(a) When they see a lunar eclipse.
(b) When they see a white horse on the side of the road.
(c) When Sam Brady delivers the news that the family wants no interaction with Dean or his father.
(d) When their hotel room catches on fire.
12. What does Sal do when he returns to Denver in the spring of 1949?
(a) He trains as a rodeo clown.
(b) He writes poetry.
(c) He goes to bars and listens to jazz music.
(d) He works as a laborer.
13. What is Sal and Dean's plan before they take their second trip in 1949?
(a) They will travel the United States more extensively.
(b) They will return to New York before departing.
(c) They will earn their college degrees.
(d) They will find jobs in San Francisco to earn money for the trip.
14. What news does Dean share with Stan and Sal while in Mexico?
(a) Camille is going to have another child.
(b) Dean has a divorce from Camille.
(c) Dean wants to extend their trip to Guatemala.
(d) Dean's father is being released from prison.
15. What happens to Stan shortly after he, Sal, and Dean depart from Denver?
(a) He changes his mind and wants to return to Denver.
(b) He gets a sunburn
(c) He gets an insect bite.
(d) He gets car sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens during Sal, Stan, and Dean's stay in San Antonio?
2. What is Sal's and Marylou's plan before they arrive in San Francisco?
3. Who does Dean seek out in Denver?
4. What is one of the things Sal and Dean discuss before Dean departs West to see Camille and his children?
5. How does Sal get the money to leave San Francisco for the second time?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)