|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Sal, Dean, and Stan meet in a town called Gregoria?
(d) Old Bull Lee.
2. Who do Sal and Dean travel with on their 1949 trip to Denver?
(a) A homosexual man and a couple.
(b) A homosexual man and a hitchhiker.
(c) An Okie and a couple.
(d) A Mexican and a hobo.
3. Who do Sal, Dean, and Marylou meet in Texas?
(a) A prostitute named Mary Jane.
(b) A businessman named Donald.
(c) A poet named Walt.
(d) A hitchhiker named Alfred.
4. Why is Dean unable to work in San Francisco?
(a) Because of his frequent out of town trips.
(b) He has to tend to Camille.
(c) He has injured his hand.
(d) Because of his excessive drinking.
5. What is one of the things Sal and Dean discuss before Dean departs West to see Camille and his children?
(a) That Dean and his family and Sal and his future family could live on the same street.
(b) That maybe Sal could rent a room at Dean and Camille's house.
(c) That Sal, Dean, and Dean's father could take a trip together.
(d) That Sal could marry Camille after she and Dean get a divorce.
6. Who does Dean meet at a party in New York?
7. What are Sal and Dean's travel companions' reactions to dropping Sal and Dean off at their stop?
(a) They are very disappointed .
(b) They are very ambivalent.
(c) They are very happy.
(d) They are very wary.
8. Whose ranch do Sal and Dean visit in Colorado?
(a) Ed Wall.
(b) Ed Dunkel.
(c) Old Bull Lee.
(d) Montana Slim.
9. How does Hal Hingham assist Sal and the others in Tucson?
(a) He gives them five dollars.
(b) He lets them spend the night at his house.
(c) He buys them dinner.
(d) He lets them take a shower at his house.
10. In Part 3, what do Sal and Dean's travel companions to Denver want to do in Sacramento?
(a) Stay overnight.
(b) Stop for lunch.
(c) Leave Sal and Dean.
(d) Go sightseeing.
11. How is Sal able to travel from Denver to San Francisco in the spring of 1949?
(a) From the money he earns as a laborer.
(b) A rich woman gives him one hundred dollars.
(c) From winnings at the horse racetrack.
(d) He finds some money on the street.
12. Who does Sal meet in Denver on his third trip West?
13. Who is Marylou's new boyfriend in San Francisco?
(a) A man with a bad temper.
(b) A man who is religious.
(c) A man who is handsome.
(d) A man who has money.
14. Where does Dean learn his father is?
(a) On Wall Street in New York.
(b) In prison in Seattle.
(c) On skid row in Detroit..
(d) In prison in Santa Fe.
15. What is the name of the horse that Sal bets on?
(b) Big Brown.
(c) Old Pops.
(d) Holy Goof.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does their friend assist Sal, Dean, and Stan in Mexico?
2. What happens to Stan shortly after he, Sal, and Dean depart from Denver?
3. Who does Dean seek out in Denver?
4. What news does Sam Brady deliver to Dean?
5. What does Dean do when he, Sal, and Marylou arrive in San Francisco?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)