|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Sal, Dean, and Stan meet in a town called Gregoria?
(d) Old Bull Lee.
2. Who does Dean meet at a party in New York?
3. Why is Dean unable to work in San Francisco?
(a) He has injured his hand.
(b) Because of his excessive drinking.
(c) Because of his frequent out of town trips.
(d) He has to tend to Camille.
4. Whose ranch do Sal and Dean visit in Colorado?
(a) Montana Slim.
(b) Ed Dunkel.
(c) Ed Wall.
(d) Old Bull Lee.
5. What do Sal and Dean do while bar-hopping in Denver?
(a) They perform on stage.
(b) They assault a police officer.
(c) They pick up women.
(d) They steal cars.
6. Where do Sal and Marylou stay in San Francisco?
(a) With one of Marylou's friends.
(b) At a hotel.
(c) At a bus station.
(d) With Remi Boncouer.
7. How does Sal justify Dean's behavior to Old Bull Lee?
(a) That Dean has a zest for life and is living fully.
(b) That Old Bull Lee is too snobby.
(c) That Dean is only that way when drunk or on drugs.
(d) That Dean had a rough childhood.
8. What news does Dean share with Stan and Sal while in Mexico?
(a) Dean has a divorce from Camille.
(b) Camille is going to have another child.
(c) Dean wants to extend their trip to Guatemala.
(d) Dean's father is being released from prison.
9. Where does Dean take Sal to stay in San Francisco?
(a) At Camille's house.
(b) At Marylou's new apartment.
(c) At the hotel where Roland Major is staying.
(d) At Remi Boncoeur's house.
10. What personal news does Dean share with Sal and Stan in Part 4?
(a) That he is participating in Alcoholics Annonymous.
(b) That he wants a divorce from Camille.
(c) That he wants to collaborate on a book with them.
(d) That he wants to move to Tucson.
11. How is Sal able to travel from Denver to San Francisco in the spring of 1949?
(a) A rich woman gives him one hundred dollars.
(b) From the money he earns as a laborer.
(c) From winnings at the horse racetrack.
(d) He finds some money on the street.
12. What does Dean tell Sal after their first real argument?
(a) That he has been crying.
(b) That he is sorry.
(c) That he will not travel with Sal to New York.
(d) That he does not want to be Sal's friend.
13. What does Sal consider a sign that he and Dean need to leave Denver?
(a) When their hotel room catches on fire.
(b) When they see a lunar eclipse.
(c) When Sam Brady delivers the news that the family wants no interaction with Dean or his father.
(d) When they see a white horse on the side of the road.
14. What is Sal's and Marylou's plan before they arrive in San Francisco?
(a) That they will abandon Dean.
(b) That Marylou would be Sal's girl.
(c) That they will visit Marylou's brother in Alcatraz.
(d) That they will never see each other again.
15. What does Dean do when he, Sal, and Marylou arrive in San Francisco?
(a) He has a fight with Sal.
(b) He goes out to hear a jazz musician.
(c) He does not want to stay in San Francisco and travels to Denver.
(d) He abandons them without any money to see Camille.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dean referring to when he tells Sal that "God has arrived"?
2. What does Sal do in Part 3, when the other passengers criticize Dean?
3. What does Marylou do when she sees Sal on the streets of San Francisco?
4. Who is Sam Brady?
5. What is Dean's reaction to his passengers being terrified of his driving on his trip from Denver to Chicago?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)