|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sal meet in Denver on his third trip West?
2. Who do Sal, Dean, and Stan meet in a town called Gregoria?
(b) Old Bull Lee.
3. What does Sal do to put a rift in his friendship with Dean and Camille?
(a) He hurls insults at them.
(b) He reports Dean to the police.
(c) He does not share any of the sandwiches he made for his trip.
(d) He takes some of their money.
4. Who do Sal and Dean travel with on their 1949 trip to Denver?
(a) An Okie and a couple.
(b) A homosexual man and a hitchhiker.
(c) A Mexican and a hobo.
(d) A homosexual man and a couple.
5. What does Dean do while Camille is at work?
(a) He drinks.
(b) He takes college courses to become a writer.
(c) He goes out with friends.
(d) He tends to their child.
6. Where does Sal, Dean, and Marylou's car run off the road into the mud?
7. Where do Sal and Marylou stay in San Francisco?
(a) At a bus station.
(b) With Remi Boncouer.
(c) With one of Marylou's friends.
(d) At a hotel.
8. What is Sal and Dean's dream about while driving in a car?
(a) That they take a giant scythe and chop down trees and mountains.
(b) That they can escape their problems if they drive fast enough.
(c) That the car is a time machine.
(d) That they drive up a ramp and become airborne.
9. What news does Sam Brady deliver to Dean?
(a) That he used to date Camille.
(b) That no one in his family cares to have any interaction with Dean or his father.
(c) That Dean can live with him.
(d) That Miles Davis will be performing in Denver.
10. How does their friend assist Sal, Dean, and Stan in Mexico?
(a) He directs them to a brothel.
(b) He treats Stan's insect bite.
(c) He sells them drugs.
(d) He gives them directions.
11. Why do Sal and Dean's travel companions seem leery of Dean on their 1949 trip to Denver?
(a) Because he insists on sticking his head out of the window.
(b) Because he steals gasoline for the car.
(c) Because of his erratic behavior.
(d) Because he is intoxicated.
12. What is the first place Sal visits on his return trip to San Francisco in the spring of 1949?
(a) The army barracks.
(b) Remi Boncoeur's home.
(c) Dean and Camille's home.
(d) The Golden Gate Bridge.
13. How does Dean greet Sal when he arrives at his door step in 1949?
(a) He slams the door in Sal's face.
(b) He gives Sal a big hug.
(c) He is inebriated.
(d) He answers the door naked.
14. How does Hal Hingham assist Sal and the others in Tucson?
(a) He lets them spend the night at his house.
(b) He lets them take a shower at his house.
(c) He gives them five dollars.
(d) He buys them dinner.
15. In Part 3, what do Sal and Dean's travel companions to Denver want to do in Sacramento?
(a) Stay overnight.
(b) Stop for lunch.
(c) Leave Sal and Dean.
(d) Go sightseeing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dean meet at a party in New York?
2. Who does Dean seek out in Denver?
3. What personal news does Dean share with Sal and Stan in Part 4?
4. What plans do Sal and Stan make during Sal's last trip to Denver?
5. Where do Sal and Dean decide to travel in 1949?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)