|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Old Bull Lee think of Dean?
(a) That he is fun.
(b) That he is trouble.
(c) That he is intriguing.
(d) That he is despicable.
2. Who does Sal seek out when he first arrives in San Francisco?
(a) Dean Moriarty.
(b) Roland Major.
(d) Remi Boncoeur.
3. Who sends letters to Sal and tells him about Dean Moriarty?
(a) Carlo Marx.
(b) Chad King.
(c) Roland Major.
(d) Old Bull Lee.
4. Why doesn't Sal show up for the first day of his job in Denver?
(a) He is planning on going on the road again with Dean.
(b) He overslept.
(c) He met a woman.
(d) He would rather live off of Roland's generosity.
5. Where was Dean Moriarty living before he was first introduced to Sal Paradise in New York?
(a) A reformatory in New Mexico.
(b) A hotel in Denver.
(c) A commune in San Francisco.
(d) An apartment in New Orleans.
6. Who does Sal see that makes him feel that he is closer to Denver?
(c) Denver Broncos football fans.
(d) Western people.
7. Where does Sal travel after his first visit to San Francisco?
8. Who was born on the road?
(a) Chad King.
(b) Dean Moriarty.
(c) Carlo Marx.
(d) Sal Paradise.
9. What happens in Washington D.C. on the return trip from Virginia?
(a) They catch a glimpse of the President.
(b) The car goes off the road.
(c) Dean receives a speeding ticket.
(d) Dean and Marylou have a fight.
10. How does Dean treat Sal's friends while in Denver?
(a) With great animosity.
(b) As though they do not exist.
(c) As long-time friends.
(d) With great reverence.
11. Who writes to Sal about the possibility of hopping an ocean liner in San Francisco?
(a) Remi Boncoeur.
(b) Old Bull Lee.
(c) Dean Moriarty.
(d) Mississippi Gene.
12. After Sal leaves Terry, he rides a bus from Los Angeles to which city?
(d) New York City.
13. Who is "The Ghost?"
(a) Slang for a police officer.
(b) An old hobo.
(c) One of Sal's friends.
(d) A drug-induced hallucination.
14. Which reason is NOT a reason why Sal dislikes his job at the army barracks?
(a) He and Remi get free groceries from the commissary.
(b) He would rather drink with the men than reprimand them.
(c) He has to stay awake all night.
(d) He has to make one arrest per month.
15. Who is the woman traveling with Dean Moriarty when Sal first meets him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dean inform his friends about at a party where Carlo is reading poetry?
2. What does Sal think after his date with Rita Bettencourt?
3. What is Central City?
4. Who sets Sal up with Rita Bettencourt?
5. What does Sal learn when he meets up with Chad King in Denver?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)