|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sal and another woman he meets on the bus do until her stop in Columbus, Ohio?
(a) They discuss books.
(b) They sleep.
(c) They play travel games.
(d) They neck.
2. Who thinks Sal should not travel out West?
(a) Sal's Aunt.
(b) Dean Moriarty.
(c) Carlo Marx.
3. Why is Sal's friend ejected from the upscale restaurant in San Francisco?
(a) He shouts "Fire!"
(b) He is drunk and boisterous.
(c) He complains about the food.
(d) He has food poisoning.
4. What does Dean want his friends to help him with?
(a) Teaching him Spanish.
(b) Learning to write.
(c) Helping him move.
(d) Finding a job.
5. Who does Sal introduce to Dean with whom he forms a strong friendship?
(a) Chad King.
(b) Carlo Marx.
(c) Ed Dunkel.
(d) Remi Boncoeur.
6. What happens in Washington D.C. on the return trip from Virginia?
(a) Dean and Marylou have a fight.
(b) The car goes off the road.
(c) Dean receives a speeding ticket.
(d) They catch a glimpse of the President.
7. Who sets Sal up with Rita Bettencourt?
(a) Dean Moriarty.
(c) Roland Major.
(d) Ray Rawlins.
8. What does Sal realize about his relationship with Lucille during his return stay in New York City?
(a) It will work because Lucille has a zeal for traveling.
(b) It is what he desires because she can ground him.
(c) It cannot work because she is so irresponsible.
(d) It cannot work because she insists on changing him.
9. What does Sal's aunt do in Washington D.C.?
(a) She wants to stop for a tour of the White House.
(b) She pays Dean's fine for speeding and vents her anger at the officer.
(c) She buys the group lunch.
(d) She scolds Dean for driving too fast and getting a ticket.
10. What event is taking place in Washington D.C. when Sal, Dean, Marylou, and Ed Dunkel are traveling through?
(a) A protest march.
(b) A VJ Day celebration parade.
(c) Dwight D, Eisenhower's Inauguration Day.
(d) Harry S. Truman's Inauguration Day.
11. How does Dean treat Sal's friends while in Denver?
(a) As long-time friends.
(b) As though they do not exist.
(c) With great animosity.
(d) With great reverence.
12. What is one of the things Sal enjoys doing in New Orleans?
(a) Witnessing a jazz funeral.
(b) Bar hopping on Bourbon Street.
(c) Exploring the voodoo culture.
(d) Listening to Old Bull's stories.
13. What does Sal think after his date with Rita Bettencourt?
(a) He has a good time and asks her for a second date.
(b) There is no hope of a relationship developing.
(c) He is ambivalent and thinks maybe a second date would help him make up his mind.
(d) He falls in love with her.
14. Who does Dean find jobs for in Denver?
(a) Roland and Eddie.
(b) Carlo and Eddie.
(c) Sal and Eddie.
(d) Sal and Roland.
15. Why do Sal and Terry leave Los Angeles?
(a) They think it is too glitzy.
(b) Sal does not have any friends living there.
(c) They cannot find jobs.
(d) They cannot find a place to stay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Dean Moriarty living before he was first introduced to Sal Paradise in New York?
2. What favor does Remi ask of Lee Ann in San Francisco?
3. What do Carlo and Dean take to help them stay up all night for their chat sessions?
4. What job does Remi Boncoeur find for Sal in San Francisco?
5. What Mexican woman does Sal meet on the bus to Los Angeles?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)