|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Mexican woman does Sal meet on the bus to Los Angeles?
(d) Terry .
2. Who does Sal reunite with at the restaurant while having dinner with Lee Ann, Remi, and Remi's stepfather?
(a) Ray Rawlins.
(b) Chad King.
(c) Roland Major.
(d) Dean Moriarty.
3. Who arrives in Denver while Sal is staying there?
(b) Mississippi Gene.
(c) Old Bull Lee.
(d) Remi Boncoeur.
4. What do Sal and Dean do in New York City on New Year's Eve?
(a) They go to a jazz club.
(b) They stay home.
(c) They go party hopping.
(d) They see a Broadway play.
5. Which reason is NOT a reason why Sal dislikes his job at the army barracks?
(a) He would rather drink with the men than reprimand them.
(b) He has to stay awake all night.
(c) He and Remi get free groceries from the commissary.
(d) He has to make one arrest per month.
6. Who does Sal introduce to Dean with whom he forms a strong friendship?
(a) Remi Boncoeur.
(b) Chad King.
(c) Ed Dunkel.
(d) Carlo Marx.
7. Why does Sal's aunt think they were picked up in Washington D.C.?
(a) Because of the California license plates.
(b) Because there were too many passengers in the car.
(c) Because they were speeding.
(d) Because the license plates had expired.
8. Why do Sal and Dean take a quick trip from Virginia to New Jersey?
(a) Dean wanted to visit a girl.
(b) Sal forgot his typewriter.
(c) Miles Davis was performing.
(d) To deliver some furniture for Sal's aunt.
9. What job does Remi Boncoeur find for Sal in San Francisco?
(a) A clerk at a grocery store.
(b) A parking lot attendant.
(c) A bartender.
(d) A night watchman at an army barracks.
10. Which of the flat bed truck riders stays with Sal in Cheyenne?
(a) Mississippi Gene.
(b) Roland Major.
(c) Montana Slim.
(d) Big Slim Hazard.
11. Where are the two boys from Minnesota headed in their flat bed truck?
(a) To Cheyenne.
(b) To San Antonio.
(c) To Denver.
(d) To Los Angeles.
12. What time of year do Sal and Dean reunite after Sal's first trip?
(a) Thanksgiving time.
(b) Christmas time.
(c) Summer time.
(d) During Easter.
13. In Des Moines, Sal experiences the distinction of the East of his youth and the West of his __________________. (fill in the blank)
(a) Middle-age crisis.
(b) Golden years.
14. What does Lee Ann do after Remi loses their money at the horse races?
(a) She kicks him out of their house.
(b) She forgives him.
(c) She yells at him.
(d) She makes him repay her.
15. In which city does Sal end the "ride of his life'?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sal encounter after his date with Rita Bettencourt?
2. What does Sal confess to Dean on their trip to Virginia?
3. Who do Sal and his friends stay with in New Orleans?
4. What does Lucille think about Sal's friends?
5. What is one of the things Sal enjoys doing in New Orleans?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)