|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event is taking place in Washington D.C. when Sal, Dean, Marylou, and Ed Dunkel are traveling through?
(a) A protest march.
(b) A VJ Day celebration parade.
(c) Harry S. Truman's Inauguration Day.
(d) Dwight D, Eisenhower's Inauguration Day.
2. Where does Sal sleep in Cheyenne?
(a) In a park.
(b) At a bus station.
(c) At a train station.
(d) At a motel.
3. Who are the two women in Dean's life in Denver?
(a) Camille and Inez.
(b) Marylou and Inez.
(c) Marylou and Camille.
(d) Marylou and Terry.
4. Which reason is NOT a reason why Sal dislikes his job at the army barracks?
(a) He has to make one arrest per month.
(b) He has to stay awake all night.
(c) He and Remi get free groceries from the commissary.
(d) He would rather drink with the men than reprimand them.
5. Where was Dean Moriarty living before he was first introduced to Sal Paradise in New York?
(a) An apartment in New Orleans.
(b) A commune in San Francisco.
(c) A hotel in Denver.
(d) A reformatory in New Mexico.
6. Who sets Sal up with Rita Bettencourt?
(a) Dean Moriarty.
(c) Roland Major.
(d) Ray Rawlins.
7. What job does Remi Boncoeur find for Sal in San Francisco?
(a) A clerk at a grocery store.
(b) A bartender.
(c) A parking lot attendant.
(d) A night watchman at an army barracks.
8. Where does Dean want to travel before his divorce with Marylou?
(b) New Orleans.
(d) San Francisco.
9. Where are the two boys from Minnesota headed in their flat bed truck?
(a) To Los Angeles.
(b) To Denver.
(c) To Cheyenne.
(d) To San Antonio.
10. What does Lee Ann do after Remi loses their money at the horse races?
(a) She forgives him.
(b) She makes him repay her.
(c) She yells at him.
(d) She kicks him out of their house.
11. What do Sal and his friends do in Central City?
(a) They have an all-night discussion session.
(b) They go to a bar to listen to jazz.
(c) They throw a party at an abandoned mine shack.
(d) They go skiing.
12. Who does Sal see that makes him feel that he is closer to Denver?
(b) Western people.
(c) Denver Broncos football fans.
13. What New York hitchhiker does Sal meet in Des Moines?
(a) Big Slim Hazard.
(c) Mississippi Gene .
(d) "The Ghost."
14. Where does Sal travel after his first visit to San Francisco?
15. What job does Dean find after Sal first meets him in New York?
(a) A grocery store clerk.
(b) Selling pressure cookers.
(c) A custodial worker.
(d) A parking lot attendant.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city does Sal end the "ride of his life'?
2. Who sends letters to Sal and tells him about Dean Moriarty?
3. Who is the mutual friend with Sal Paradise and Mississippi Gene?
4. How does Sal feel about the friendship between Dean Moriarty and his friend?
5. What do Carlo and Dean take to help them stay up all night for their chat sessions?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)