|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is "The Ghost?"
(a) An old hobo.
(b) A drug-induced hallucination.
(c) Slang for a police officer.
(d) One of Sal's friends.
2. Where are the two boys from Minnesota headed in their flat bed truck?
(a) To Cheyenne.
(b) To Los Angeles.
(c) To Denver.
(d) To San Antonio.
3. Who is the mutual friend with Sal Paradise and Mississippi Gene?
(a) Montana Slim.
(b) Dean Moriarty.
(c) Big Slim Hazard.
(d) Remi Boncoeur.
4. Who are the two women in Dean's life in Denver?
(a) Camille and Inez.
(b) Marylou and Terry.
(c) Marylou and Inez.
(d) Marylou and Camille.
5. When does Sal finally decide to go back on the road in Denver?
(a) After his date with Rita Bettencourt.
(b) After Eddie arrives in Denver.
(c) After an all-night session with Carlo Marx and Dean Moriarty.
(d) After the party in Central City.
6. Why does Sal's aunt think they were picked up in Washington D.C.?
(a) Because the license plates had expired.
(b) Because of the California license plates.
(c) Because they were speeding.
(d) Because there were too many passengers in the car.
7. Who do Sal and Terry connect with in Sabinal?
(a) Terry's family and little son.
(b) Dean and Marylou.
(c) Roland Major.
(d) Terry's abusive husband.
8. What does Hyman Solomon offer Sal, Dean, and Ed Dunkel?
(a) To get some money in Testament, Virginia.
(b) To find some girls for Sal and Dean.
(c) To give them some drugs.
(d) To drive part of the way.
9. In Des Moines, Sal experiences the distinction of the East of his youth and the West of his __________________. (fill in the blank)
(a) Golden years.
(d) Middle-age crisis.
10. Who is the woman traveling with Dean Moriarty when Sal first meets him?
11. Which reason is NOT a reason why Sal dislikes his job at the army barracks?
(a) He has to make one arrest per month.
(b) He and Remi get free groceries from the commissary.
(c) He has to stay awake all night.
(d) He would rather drink with the men than reprimand them.
12. What time of year do Sal and Dean reunite after Sal's first trip?
(a) During Easter.
(b) Christmas time.
(c) Summer time.
(d) Thanksgiving time.
13. Where was Dean Moriarty living before he was first introduced to Sal Paradise in New York?
(a) A commune in San Francisco.
(b) A hotel in Denver.
(c) An apartment in New Orleans.
(d) A reformatory in New Mexico.
14. What does Sal's aunt do in Washington D.C.?
(a) She pays Dean's fine for speeding and vents her anger at the officer.
(b) She wants to stop for a tour of the White House.
(c) She buys the group lunch.
(d) She scolds Dean for driving too fast and getting a ticket.
15. What do Sal, Dean, and Ed Dunkel do when Hyman Solomon does not come through?
(a) They steal money and buy bus tickets.
(b) They steal a car.
(c) Sal pawns his watch.
(d) They steal food and gas from distracted gas station attendants.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has it been since Sal has seen Dean since his first trip to San Francisco?
2. What Mexican woman does Sal meet on the bus to Los Angeles?
3. Where do Sal and Eddie receive job offers to work in Iowa?
4. Who is Hyman Solomon?
5. Where does Dean want to travel before his divorce with Marylou?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)