|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Sal show up for the first day of his job in Denver?
(a) He is planning on going on the road again with Dean.
(b) He overslept.
(c) He met a woman.
(d) He would rather live off of Roland's generosity.
2. What does Dean want his friends to help him with?
(a) Learning to write.
(b) Teaching him Spanish.
(c) Helping him move.
(d) Finding a job.
3. Who is Galatea?
(a) Dean Moriarty's new girlfriend.
(b) Ed Dunkel's new wife.
(c) Sal's brother's wife.
(d) Sal's new girlfriend.
4. Where does Dean want to travel before his divorce with Marylou?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) New Orleans.
5. Who does Dean find jobs for in Denver?
(a) Sal and Eddie.
(b) Carlo and Eddie.
(c) Sal and Roland.
(d) Roland and Eddie.
6. What does Sal's aunt do in Washington D.C.?
(a) She buys the group lunch.
(b) She pays Dean's fine for speeding and vents her anger at the officer.
(c) She wants to stop for a tour of the White House.
(d) She scolds Dean for driving too fast and getting a ticket.
7. Where are the two boys from Minnesota headed in their flat bed truck?
(a) To San Antonio.
(b) To Denver.
(c) To Los Angeles.
(d) To Cheyenne.
8. What event is taking place in Washington D.C. when Sal, Dean, Marylou, and Ed Dunkel are traveling through?
(a) A protest march.
(b) A VJ Day celebration parade.
(c) Dwight D, Eisenhower's Inauguration Day.
(d) Harry S. Truman's Inauguration Day.
9. Who was born on the road?
(a) Dean Moriarty.
(b) Chad King.
(c) Sal Paradise.
(d) Carlo Marx.
10. Who sends letters to Sal and tells him about Dean Moriarty?
(a) Carlo Marx.
(b) Old Bull Lee.
(c) Chad King.
(d) Roland Major.
11. What does Sal realize about his relationship with Lucille during his return stay in New York City?
(a) It is what he desires because she can ground him.
(b) It cannot work because she insists on changing him.
(c) It cannot work because she is so irresponsible.
(d) It will work because Lucille has a zeal for traveling.
12. Who is accompanying Dean on his trip to Virginia?
(a) Marylou and Camille.
(b) Camille and Carlo Marx.
(c) Ed Dunkel and Carlo Marx.
(d) Marylou and Ed Dunkel.
13. What is "The Ghost's" destination?
(d) New York.
14. In which city does Sal end the "ride of his life'?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) Los Angeles.
15. What time of year do Sal and Dean reunite after Sal's first trip?
(a) Thanksgiving time.
(b) Christmas time.
(c) During Easter.
(d) Summer time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sal, Dean, and Ed Dunkel do when Hyman Solomon does not come through?
2. What Mexican woman does Sal meet on the bus to Los Angeles?
3. Why do Sal and his friends leave the party in Central City?
4. While Sal is witnessing one of Dean and Carlo's all night sessions, he concludes they are __________________________. (fill in the blank)
5. Who does Sal encounter after his date with Rita Bettencourt?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)