|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sal think about his first visit to Denver?
(a) It is traumatic.
(b) It is exuberating.
(c) It is ungratifying.
(d) It is inspirational.
2. Where does Sal go with Babe Rawlins in a mining town outside of Denver?
(a) To an opera.
(b) To a bar.
(c) To a friend's house.
(d) To an abandoned mine.
3. How long has it been since Sal has seen Dean since his first trip to San Francisco?
(a) Two years.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) One year.
(d) Six months.
4. What job does Dean find after Sal first meets him in New York?
(a) Selling pressure cookers.
(b) A grocery store clerk.
(c) A custodial worker.
(d) A parking lot attendant.
5. What favor does Remi ask of Lee Ann in San Francisco?
(a) To accompany him to dinner when his stepfather comes to town.
(b) To let him stay until he can find an apartment.
(c) To reconsider her decision.
(d) To return his favorite shirt.
6. What job does Sal find in Bakersfield?
(a) Picking cotton.
(b) Working at a carnival.
(c) Picking fruit.
(d) Security guard at an army barracks.
7. How does Sal feel about the friendship between Dean Moriarty and his friend?
(a) He feels like the center of attention.
(b) He feels left out.
(c) He feels invigorated.
(d) He feels indifferent.
8. What does Sal realize about his relationship with Lucille during his return stay in New York City?
(a) It cannot work because she insists on changing him.
(b) It will work because Lucille has a zeal for traveling.
(c) It cannot work because she is so irresponsible.
(d) It is what he desires because she can ground him.
9. What does Sal confess to Dean on their trip to Virginia?
(a) He wants to take another trip with Dean.
(b) Dean's speeding is making him nervous.
(c) Dean's erratic behavior is wearing on him.
(d) He wants to marry a woman named Lucille.
10. Who thinks Sal should not travel out West?
(a) Carlo Marx.
(b) Dean Moriarty.
(c) Sal's Aunt.
11. What event is taking place in Washington D.C. when Sal, Dean, Marylou, and Ed Dunkel are traveling through?
(a) A VJ Day celebration parade.
(b) Dwight D, Eisenhower's Inauguration Day.
(c) A protest march.
(d) Harry S. Truman's Inauguration Day.
12. In which city does Sal end the "ride of his life'?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) Los Angeles.
13. Why do Sal and Terry leave Los Angeles?
(a) Sal does not have any friends living there.
(b) They think it is too glitzy.
(c) They cannot find jobs.
(d) They cannot find a place to stay.
14. How does Dean treat Sal's friends while in Denver?
(a) As long-time friends.
(b) As though they do not exist.
(c) With great reverence.
(d) With great animosity.
15. Who does Dean move in with after he breaks up with his girlfriend in New York?
(a) Carlo Marx.
(b) Old Bull Lee.
(c) Ed Wall.
(d) Sal Paradise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sal sleep in Cheyenne?
2. Who is "The Ghost?"
3. While Sal is witnessing one of Dean and Carlo's all night sessions, he concludes they are __________________________. (fill in the blank)
4. What happens in Washington D.C. on the return trip from Virginia?
5. Where does Dean want to travel before his divorce with Marylou?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)