|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is "The Ghost?"
(a) One of Sal's friends.
(b) Slang for a police officer.
(c) An old hobo.
(d) A drug-induced hallucination.
2. What is "The Ghost's" destination?
(d) New York.
3. What is one of the things Sal enjoys doing in New Orleans?
(a) Listening to Old Bull's stories.
(b) Witnessing a jazz funeral.
(c) Exploring the voodoo culture.
(d) Bar hopping on Bourbon Street.
4. How does Sal feel about the friendship between Dean Moriarty and his friend?
(a) He feels like the center of attention.
(b) He feels invigorated.
(c) He feels indifferent.
(d) He feels left out.
5. Who writes to Sal about the possibility of hopping an ocean liner in San Francisco?
(a) Old Bull Lee.
(b) Dean Moriarty.
(c) Remi Boncoeur.
(d) Mississippi Gene.
6. Who is Hyman Solomon?
(a) One of Bull Lee's friends.
(b) A horse that Bull Lee makes a bet on.
(c) One of Dean's friends.
(d) A hobo.
7. What does Old Bull Lee warn Sal about?
(a) That they need to drive more carefully on their road trips.
(b) To watch out for the police in New Orleans.
(c) That Sal needs to finish his education.
(d) That Dean is getting crazier and to be careful.
8. How does Dean treat Sal's friends while in Denver?
(a) As long-time friends.
(b) With great animosity.
(c) As though they do not exist.
(d) With great reverence.
9. What does Sal realize about his relationship with Lucille during his return stay in New York City?
(a) It cannot work because she is so irresponsible.
(b) It cannot work because she insists on changing him.
(c) It is what he desires because she can ground him.
(d) It will work because Lucille has a zeal for traveling.
10. Why does Sal's aunt think they were picked up in Washington D.C.?
(a) Because they were speeding.
(b) Because of the California license plates.
(c) Because there were too many passengers in the car.
(d) Because the license plates had expired.
11. Who was born on the road?
(a) Chad King.
(b) Dean Moriarty.
(c) Sal Paradise.
(d) Carlo Marx.
12. Where does Dean want to travel before his divorce with Marylou?
(c) New Orleans.
(d) San Francisco.
13. Where do Sal and Dean decide to visit before returning to San Francisco?
(a) New Orleans.
14. Who did Dean, Marylou, and Ed Dunkel leave in Tucson and why?
(a) Galatea; she was complaining too much.
(b) Chad King; the rift between the friends was renewed.
(c) Camille; she and Dean had a fight.
(d) Galatea; she was too sick to travel.
15. Who does Sal see that makes him feel that he is closer to Denver?
(a) Western people.
(d) Denver Broncos football fans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Remi Boncoeur's girlfriend?
2. Where do Sal and Eddie receive job offers to work in Iowa?
3. What does Lee Ann do after Remi loses their money at the horse races?
4. Who is accompanying Dean on his trip to Virginia?
5. Why doesn't Sal show up for the first day of his job in Denver?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)