|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Sal show up for the first day of his job in Denver?
(a) He met a woman.
(b) He would rather live off of Roland's generosity.
(c) He overslept.
(d) He is planning on going on the road again with Dean.
2. When does Sal finally decide to go back on the road in Denver?
(a) After the party in Central City.
(b) After an all-night session with Carlo Marx and Dean Moriarty.
(c) After his date with Rita Bettencourt.
(d) After Eddie arrives in Denver.
3. How does Sal get from Denver to San Francisco?
(a) He drives a travel bureau car.
(b) He takes the bus.
(c) A friend gives him a ride.
(d) He hitchhikes.
4. Who did Dean, Marylou, and Ed Dunkel leave in Tucson and why?
(a) Chad King; the rift between the friends was renewed.
(b) Galatea; she was too sick to travel.
(c) Galatea; she was complaining too much.
(d) Camille; she and Dean had a fight.
5. How does Sal feel about the friendship between Dean Moriarty and his friend?
(a) He feels indifferent.
(b) He feels left out.
(c) He feels like the center of attention.
(d) He feels invigorated.
6. Who does Dean move in with after he breaks up with his girlfriend in New York?
(a) Sal Paradise.
(b) Old Bull Lee.
(c) Carlo Marx.
(d) Ed Wall.
7. Who does Dean find jobs for in Denver?
(a) Carlo and Eddie.
(b) Sal and Eddie.
(c) Sal and Roland.
(d) Roland and Eddie.
8. How does Lee Ann feel about Sal staying with her?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) She is excited.
(c) She is displeased.
(d) She is apprehensive.
9. What job does Dean find after Sal first meets him in New York?
(a) A grocery store clerk.
(b) Selling pressure cookers.
(c) A custodial worker.
(d) A parking lot attendant.
10. What is Central City?
(a) An old mining town in the mountains.
(b) A town where Sal and his friend's car breaks down.
(c) A town where Sal meets some hobos.
(d) A haven for beat subculture.
11. Where was Dean Moriarty living before he was first introduced to Sal Paradise in New York?
(a) A reformatory in New Mexico.
(b) An apartment in New Orleans.
(c) A commune in San Francisco.
(d) A hotel in Denver.
12. What does Sal think about his first visit to Denver?
(a) It is inspirational.
(b) It is traumatic.
(c) It is ungratifying.
(d) It is exuberating.
13. What does Sal confess to Dean on their trip to Virginia?
(a) Dean's speeding is making him nervous.
(b) He wants to marry a woman named Lucille.
(c) Dean's erratic behavior is wearing on him.
(d) He wants to take another trip with Dean.
14. What does Hyman Solomon offer Sal, Dean, and Ed Dunkel?
(a) To find some girls for Sal and Dean.
(b) To drive part of the way.
(c) To give them some drugs.
(d) To get some money in Testament, Virginia.
15. Where does Sal travel after his first visit to San Francisco?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Sal and Terry leave Los Angeles?
2. Who does Sal reunite with at the restaurant while having dinner with Lee Ann, Remi, and Remi's stepfather?
3. Where does Sal see Dean after his first trip on the road?
4. Where does Dean want to travel before his divorce with Marylou?
5. Why is Sal's friend ejected from the upscale restaurant in San Francisco?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)