|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Sal's friend ejected from the upscale restaurant in San Francisco?
(a) He is drunk and boisterous.
(b) He complains about the food.
(c) He shouts "Fire!"
(d) He has food poisoning.
2. What is "The Ghost's" destination?
(b) New York.
3. When does Sal finally decide to go back on the road in Denver?
(a) After the party in Central City.
(b) After Eddie arrives in Denver.
(c) After his date with Rita Bettencourt.
(d) After an all-night session with Carlo Marx and Dean Moriarty.
4. What Mexican woman does Sal meet on the bus to Los Angeles?
(b) Terry .
5. Why does the driver who gives Sal a ride from Harrisburg to New York refuse to give Sal any food?
(a) He thinks fasting is important to one's health.
(b) He does not have any money to buy food.
(c) Because Sal is a stranger.
(d) He is mean.
6. What does Lee Ann do after Remi loses their money at the horse races?
(a) She forgives him.
(b) She kicks him out of their house.
(c) She yells at him.
(d) She makes him repay her.
7. Where do Sal and Eddie receive job offers to work in Iowa?
(a) At a carnival.
(b) At a sewage treatment plant.
(c) On a farm.
(d) At a diner.
8. What job does Dean find after Sal first meets him in New York?
(a) A parking lot attendant.
(b) Selling pressure cookers.
(c) A grocery store clerk.
(d) A custodial worker.
9. Which of the flat bed truck riders stays with Sal in Cheyenne?
(a) Montana Slim.
(b) Mississippi Gene.
(c) Big Slim Hazard.
(d) Roland Major.
10. Who is accompanying Dean on his trip to Virginia?
(a) Ed Dunkel and Carlo Marx.
(b) Marylou and Ed Dunkel.
(c) Marylou and Camille.
(d) Camille and Carlo Marx.
11. Which reason is NOT a reason why Sal dislikes his job at the army barracks?
(a) He has to stay awake all night.
(b) He and Remi get free groceries from the commissary.
(c) He has to make one arrest per month.
(d) He would rather drink with the men than reprimand them.
12. What is Roland Major's profession?
(a) He is a teacher.
(b) He is an actor.
(c) He is a musician.
(d) He is an author.
13. Who does Sal reunite with at the restaurant while having dinner with Lee Ann, Remi, and Remi's stepfather?
(a) Roland Major.
(b) Dean Moriarty.
(c) Chad King.
(d) Ray Rawlins.
14. What does Lucille think about Sal's friends?
(a) She does not like them for their negative influence on Sal.
(b) She likes them because they are so intellectual.
(c) She admires their exuberance and zest for life.
(d) She does not like them because they are rude to her.
15. Who did Dean, Marylou, and Ed Dunkel leave in Tucson and why?
(a) Galatea; she was complaining too much.
(b) Camille; she and Dean had a fight.
(c) Galatea; she was too sick to travel.
(d) Chad King; the rift between the friends was renewed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Sal show up for the first day of his job in Denver?
2. Where are the two boys from Minnesota headed in their flat bed truck?
3. Where is Sal Paradise living at the beginning of On the Road?
4. Who is Sal's roommate in Denver?
5. Where does Sal sleep in Cheyenne?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)