|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mississippi Gene harboring from the law?
(a) Dean Moriarty.
(b) Montana Slim.
(d) A young blonde boy.
2. Who does Sal encounter after his date with Rita Bettencourt?
(a) Some hobos.
(b) Some Okies.
(c) Carlo Marx.
3. Who was born on the road?
(a) Sal Paradise.
(b) Carlo Marx.
(c) Chad King.
(d) Dean Moriarty.
4. What does Dean inform his friends about at a party where Carlo is reading poetry?
(a) He is breaking up with Camille.
(b) He wants to attend school to become a writer.
(c) He wants to take a trip to Mexico.
(d) He is getting a divorce from Marylou.
5. Where do Sal and Eddie receive job offers to work in Iowa?
(a) At a diner.
(b) On a farm.
(c) At a carnival.
(d) At a sewage treatment plant.
6. How does Sal get the money to get from Denver to San Francisco?
(a) Sal's aunt wires him the money.
(b) He panhandles to earn the money.
(c) Roland Major gives him some money.
(d) He pawns his watch.
7. What is "The Ghost's" destination?
(c) New York.
8. What does Sal think after his date with Rita Bettencourt?
(a) He is ambivalent and thinks maybe a second date would help him make up his mind.
(b) He has a good time and asks her for a second date.
(c) He falls in love with her.
(d) There is no hope of a relationship developing.
9. What is Roland Major's profession?
(a) He is an actor.
(b) He is a musician.
(c) He is an author.
(d) He is a teacher.
10. Why do Sal and Dean take a quick trip from Virginia to New Jersey?
(a) Sal forgot his typewriter.
(b) Miles Davis was performing.
(c) To deliver some furniture for Sal's aunt.
(d) Dean wanted to visit a girl.
11. In Des Moines, Sal experiences the distinction of the East of his youth and the West of his __________________. (fill in the blank)
(a) Golden years.
(b) Middle-age crisis.
12. Who does Sal reunite with at the restaurant while having dinner with Lee Ann, Remi, and Remi's stepfather?
(a) Chad King.
(b) Ray Rawlins.
(c) Dean Moriarty.
(d) Roland Major.
13. Who arrives in Denver while Sal is staying there?
(b) Mississippi Gene.
(c) Old Bull Lee.
(d) Remi Boncoeur.
14. Why is Sal's friend ejected from the upscale restaurant in San Francisco?
(a) He complains about the food.
(b) He shouts "Fire!"
(c) He is drunk and boisterous.
(d) He has food poisoning.
15. What do Carlo and Dean take to help them stay up all night for their chat sessions?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sal get from Denver to San Francisco?
2. Who is "The Ghost?"
3. Which of Sal's friends stayed with Sal's aunt while he was away?
4. Where does Sal sleep in Cheyenne?
5. While Sal is witnessing one of Dean and Carlo's all night sessions, he concludes they are __________________________. (fill in the blank)
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)