|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sal learn when he meets up with Chad King in Denver?
(a) That Chad King, Carlo Marx and Dean Moriarty did not want to be friends with Sal.
(b) That Dean Moriarty and Carlo Marx had already left for San Francisco.
(c) That Dean and Carlo are no longer friends.
(d) That he and Carlo Marx and Dean Moriarty are no longer friends,
2. Who do Sal and Terry connect with in Sabinal?
(a) Terry's family and little son.
(b) Terry's abusive husband.
(c) Dean and Marylou.
(d) Roland Major.
3. What does Sal realize about his relationship with Lucille during his return stay in New York City?
(a) It will work because Lucille has a zeal for traveling.
(b) It cannot work because she insists on changing him.
(c) It is what he desires because she can ground him.
(d) It cannot work because she is so irresponsible.
4. Who does Sal seek out when he first arrives in San Francisco?
(a) Remi Boncoeur.
(b) Dean Moriarty.
(c) Roland Major.
5. Who writes to Sal about the possibility of hopping an ocean liner in San Francisco?
(a) Mississippi Gene.
(b) Old Bull Lee.
(c) Dean Moriarty.
(d) Remi Boncoeur.
6. Which of the flat bed truck riders stays with Sal in Cheyenne?
(a) Big Slim Hazard.
(b) Mississippi Gene.
(c) Montana Slim.
(d) Roland Major.
7. Which reason is NOT a reason why Sal dislikes his job at the army barracks?
(a) He has to make one arrest per month.
(b) He has to stay awake all night.
(c) He and Remi get free groceries from the commissary.
(d) He would rather drink with the men than reprimand them.
8. What Mexican woman does Sal meet on the bus to Los Angeles?
(c) Terry .
9. What is Sal's relationship with the Mexican woman he met on the bus?
(a) They are cordial.
(b) They are unfriendly.
(c) They are inseparable.
(d) They despise each other.
10. How does Sal get the money to get from Denver to San Francisco?
(a) He pawns his watch.
(b) Sal's aunt wires him the money.
(c) Roland Major gives him some money.
(d) He panhandles to earn the money.
11. Why does Sal leave Terry?
(a) Terry kicks him out.
(b) He is feeling tied down in a committed relationship.
(c) He could not support Terry and her son.
(d) Sal has the itch to be on the road again.
12. What happens in Washington D.C. on the return trip from Virginia?
(a) The car goes off the road.
(b) Dean receives a speeding ticket.
(c) They catch a glimpse of the President.
(d) Dean and Marylou have a fight.
13. Who does Sal encounter after his date with Rita Bettencourt?
(b) Some Okies.
(c) Carlo Marx.
(d) Some hobos.
14. What does Old Bull Lee think of Dean?
(a) That he is trouble.
(b) That he is despicable.
(c) That he is intriguing.
(d) That he is fun.
15. Who did Dean, Marylou, and Ed Dunkel leave in Tucson and why?
(a) Camille; she and Dean had a fight.
(b) Chad King; the rift between the friends was renewed.
(c) Galatea; she was too sick to travel.
(d) Galatea; she was complaining too much.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the driver who gives Sal a ride from Harrisburg to New York refuse to give Sal any food?
2. Who are the two women in Dean's life in Denver?
3. While Sal is witnessing one of Dean and Carlo's all night sessions, he concludes they are __________________________. (fill in the blank)
4. In Des Moines, Sal experiences the distinction of the East of his youth and the West of his __________________. (fill in the blank)
5. Who does Sal see that makes him feel that he is closer to Denver?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)