|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Remi Boncoeur's girlfriend?
(d) Lee Ann.
2. Why do Sal and his friends leave the party in Central City?
(a) They ran out of beer.
(b) Ray Rawlins got into a fight.
(c) It became too boisterous for them.
(d) It was too boring.
3. Where does Dean want to travel before his divorce with Marylou?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) New Orleans.
4. What does Sal confess to Dean on their trip to Virginia?
(a) He wants to take another trip with Dean.
(b) Dean's erratic behavior is wearing on him.
(c) He wants to marry a woman named Lucille.
(d) Dean's speeding is making him nervous.
5. What event is taking place in Washington D.C. when Sal, Dean, Marylou, and Ed Dunkel are traveling through?
(a) A protest march.
(b) A VJ Day celebration parade.
(c) Harry S. Truman's Inauguration Day.
(d) Dwight D, Eisenhower's Inauguration Day.
6. Who does Sal encounter after his date with Rita Bettencourt?
(a) Carlo Marx.
(c) Some hobos.
(d) Some Okies.
7. What New York hitchhiker does Sal meet in Des Moines?
(a) Big Slim Hazard.
(b) Mississippi Gene .
(d) "The Ghost."
8. What does Dean want his friends to help him with?
(a) Helping him move.
(b) Learning to write.
(c) Finding a job.
(d) Teaching him Spanish.
9. Who does Sal seek out when he first arrives in San Francisco?
(b) Dean Moriarty.
(c) Roland Major.
(d) Remi Boncoeur.
10. Why is Sal's friend ejected from the upscale restaurant in San Francisco?
(a) He is drunk and boisterous.
(b) He complains about the food.
(c) He shouts "Fire!"
(d) He has food poisoning.
11. What job does Sal find in Bakersfield?
(a) Picking cotton.
(b) Working at a carnival.
(c) Security guard at an army barracks.
(d) Picking fruit.
12. What do Sal and Dean do in New York City on New Year's Eve?
(a) They stay home.
(b) They go party hopping.
(c) They see a Broadway play.
(d) They go to a jazz club.
13. Where does Sal sleep in Cheyenne?
(a) At a bus station.
(b) At a motel.
(c) At a train station.
(d) In a park.
14. What does Old Bull Lee warn Sal about?
(a) That they need to drive more carefully on their road trips.
(b) To watch out for the police in New Orleans.
(c) That Sal needs to finish his education.
(d) That Dean is getting crazier and to be careful.
15. Why does Sal leave Terry?
(a) He could not support Terry and her son.
(b) Terry kicks him out.
(c) He is feeling tied down in a committed relationship.
(d) Sal has the itch to be on the road again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which reason is NOT a reason why Sal dislikes his job at the army barracks?
2. What do Sal and another woman he meets on the bus do until her stop in Columbus, Ohio?
3. In which city does Sal end the "ride of his life'?
4. How does Lee Ann feel about Sal staying with her?
5. Who is Galatea?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)