|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the woman traveling with Dean Moriarty when Sal first meets him?
2. What is the vow that Sal and Terry make?
(a) That Terry will come to New York soon.
(b) That they will never see each other again.
(c) That Sal will earn money and return to Sabinal.
(d) That Terry will travel with Sal and his friends.
3. Where does Sal sleep in Cheyenne?
(a) At a bus station.
(b) At a train station.
(c) In a park.
(d) At a motel.
4. How does Sal feel about the friendship between Dean Moriarty and his friend?
(a) He feels invigorated.
(b) He feels indifferent.
(c) He feels left out.
(d) He feels like the center of attention.
5. Where do Sal and Dean decide to visit before returning to San Francisco?
(a) New Orleans.
6. Why do Sal and Dean take a quick trip from Virginia to New Jersey?
(a) Sal forgot his typewriter.
(b) To deliver some furniture for Sal's aunt.
(c) Miles Davis was performing.
(d) Dean wanted to visit a girl.
7. What do Sal, Dean, and Ed Dunkel do when Hyman Solomon does not come through?
(a) They steal a car.
(b) Sal pawns his watch.
(c) They steal food and gas from distracted gas station attendants.
(d) They steal money and buy bus tickets.
8. What does Hyman Solomon offer Sal, Dean, and Ed Dunkel?
(a) To get some money in Testament, Virginia.
(b) To find some girls for Sal and Dean.
(c) To drive part of the way.
(d) To give them some drugs.
9. Who sets Sal up with Rita Bettencourt?
(a) Ray Rawlins.
(c) Dean Moriarty.
(d) Roland Major.
10. Who sends letters to Sal and tells him about Dean Moriarty?
(a) Old Bull Lee.
(b) Roland Major.
(c) Chad King.
(d) Carlo Marx.
11. What does Dean want his friends to help him with?
(a) Finding a job.
(b) Helping him move.
(c) Teaching him Spanish.
(d) Learning to write.
12. How does Dean treat Sal's friends while in Denver?
(a) As though they do not exist.
(b) As long-time friends.
(c) With great reverence.
(d) With great animosity.
13. Who thinks Sal should not travel out West?
(a) Dean Moriarty.
(b) Carlo Marx.
(c) Sal's Aunt.
14. How does Sal get the money to get from Denver to San Francisco?
(a) He pawns his watch.
(b) He panhandles to earn the money.
(c) Sal's aunt wires him the money.
(d) Roland Major gives him some money.
15. What is Roland Major's profession?
(a) He is an actor.
(b) He is a teacher.
(c) He is a musician.
(d) He is an author.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Sal and Eddie receive job offers to work in Iowa?
2. Where was Dean Moriarty living before he was first introduced to Sal Paradise in New York?
3. What job does Remi Boncoeur find for Sal in San Francisco?
4. What do Sal and another woman he meets on the bus do until her stop in Columbus, Ohio?
5. Where does Dean want to travel before his divorce with Marylou?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)