|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sal see Dean after his first trip on the road?
(a) On the streets of New York City.
(b) At Sal's aunt's house in New Jersey.
(c) At Old Bull Lee's house in New Orleans.
(d) At Sal's brother's house in Virginia.
2. What does Dean want his friends to help him with?
(a) Learning to write.
(b) Finding a job.
(c) Teaching him Spanish.
(d) Helping him move.
3. Which of the flat bed truck riders stays with Sal in Cheyenne?
(a) Big Slim Hazard.
(b) Montana Slim.
(c) Roland Major.
(d) Mississippi Gene.
4. What time of year do Sal and Dean reunite after Sal's first trip?
(a) During Easter.
(b) Thanksgiving time.
(c) Summer time.
(d) Christmas time.
5. What does Lee Ann do after Remi loses their money at the horse races?
(a) She kicks him out of their house.
(b) She forgives him.
(c) She makes him repay her.
(d) She yells at him.
6. Why does Sal's aunt think they were picked up in Washington D.C.?
(a) Because the license plates had expired.
(b) Because of the California license plates.
(c) Because they were speeding.
(d) Because there were too many passengers in the car.
7. What is "The Ghost's" destination?
(b) New York.
8. What does Sal think after his date with Rita Bettencourt?
(a) He falls in love with her.
(b) There is no hope of a relationship developing.
(c) He has a good time and asks her for a second date.
(d) He is ambivalent and thinks maybe a second date would help him make up his mind.
9. What do Carlo and Dean take to help them stay up all night for their chat sessions?
10. Where do Sal and Eddie receive job offers to work in Iowa?
(a) At a carnival.
(b) On a farm.
(c) At a diner.
(d) At a sewage treatment plant.
11. Who is Hyman Solomon?
(a) One of Bull Lee's friends.
(b) A horse that Bull Lee makes a bet on.
(c) A hobo.
(d) One of Dean's friends.
12. Who are the two women in Dean's life in Denver?
(a) Camille and Inez.
(b) Marylou and Camille.
(c) Marylou and Terry.
(d) Marylou and Inez.
13. Where does Sal sleep in Cheyenne?
(a) At a train station.
(b) At a bus station.
(c) At a motel.
(d) In a park.
14. In Des Moines, Sal experiences the distinction of the East of his youth and the West of his __________________. (fill in the blank)
(a) Middle-age crisis.
(c) Golden years.
15. What do Sal and another woman he meets on the bus do until her stop in Columbus, Ohio?
(a) They discuss books.
(b) They play travel games.
(c) They neck.
(d) They sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city does Sal end the "ride of his life'?
2. Who arrives in Denver while Sal is staying there?
3. Why does Sal end his ride with the brothers from Minnesota before their final destination?
4. Who is the mutual friend with Sal Paradise and Mississippi Gene?
5. What does Sal realize about his relationship with Lucille during his return stay in New York City?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)