|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the woman traveling with Dean Moriarty when Sal first meets him?
2. Who is Sal's roommate in Denver?
(a) Tim Gray.
(b) Dean Moriarty.
(c) Roland Major.
(d) Carlo Marx.
3. What is Roland Major's profession?
(a) He is an actor.
(b) He is a musician.
(c) He is a teacher.
(d) He is an author.
4. Why does Sal leave Terry?
(a) Sal has the itch to be on the road again.
(b) Terry kicks him out.
(c) He could not support Terry and her son.
(d) He is feeling tied down in a committed relationship.
5. Why do Sal and his friends leave the party in Central City?
(a) It was too boring.
(b) They ran out of beer.
(c) Ray Rawlins got into a fight.
(d) It became too boisterous for them.
6. Where does Sal travel after his first visit to San Francisco?
7. What does Old Bull Lee think of Dean?
(a) That he is intriguing.
(b) That he is despicable.
(c) That he is trouble.
(d) That he is fun.
8. Who are the two women in Dean's life in Denver?
(a) Marylou and Terry.
(b) Camille and Inez.
(c) Marylou and Inez.
(d) Marylou and Camille.
9. What does Dean want his friends to help him with?
(a) Teaching him Spanish.
(b) Finding a job.
(c) Learning to write.
(d) Helping him move.
10. Why do Sal and Terry leave Los Angeles?
(a) They cannot find a place to stay.
(b) Sal does not have any friends living there.
(c) They think it is too glitzy.
(d) They cannot find jobs.
11. Who arrives in Denver while Sal is staying there?
(a) Remi Boncoeur.
(c) Old Bull Lee.
(d) Mississippi Gene.
12. Who do Sal and his friends stay with in New Orleans?
(a) Old Bull Lee.
(b) Hyman Solomon.
(c) Chad King.
13. What does Sal think about his job in Bakersfield?
(a) He does not like his boss.
(b) He likes the high wages he receives.
(c) He thinks it is back-breaking work.
(d) He loves working close to the earth.
14. Why do Sal and Dean take a quick trip from Virginia to New Jersey?
(a) To deliver some furniture for Sal's aunt.
(b) Sal forgot his typewriter.
(c) Miles Davis was performing.
(d) Dean wanted to visit a girl.
15. Who is accompanying Dean on his trip to Virginia?
(a) Marylou and Camille.
(b) Marylou and Ed Dunkel.
(c) Ed Dunkel and Carlo Marx.
(d) Camille and Carlo Marx.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event is taking place in Washington D.C. when Sal, Dean, Marylou, and Ed Dunkel are traveling through?
2. Why does Sal's aunt think they were picked up in Washington D.C.?
3. What does Hyman Solomon offer Sal, Dean, and Ed Dunkel?
4. What do Sal and Dean do in New York City on New Year's Eve?
5. How does Lee Ann feel about Sal staying with her?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)