1. What is happening in Sal Paradise's life before he meets Dean Moriarty?
He has recently divorced, is recovering from illness, and is depressed. He is living with his aunt and attending school.
2. Why does Dean Moriarty visit Sal at his aunt's house in Patterson, New Jersey?
He has broken up with Marylou and would like lodging and meals. He also asks Sal to teach him how to write.
3. How does Sal react after he introduces Dean Moriarty to Carlo Marx?
He feels left out, but acknowledges their great minds and zest for life.
4. Why does Sal Paradise travel West?
To observe Dean Moriarty and to work with his friend, Remi Boncoeur, on an ocean liner as well as for knowledge and adventure.
5. Why do Sal and his hitchhiker friend, Eddie, part in Iowa?
A trucker stops to give them a ride, but can only take one passenger. Eddie volunteers to ride in the truck.
This section contains 1,807 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)