Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Part 1, Chapters 1 and 2
1. What is happening in Sal Paradise's life before he meets Dean Moriarty?
2. Why does Dean Moriarty visit Sal at his aunt's house in Patterson, New Jersey?
3. How does Sal react after he introduces Dean Moriarty to Carlo Marx?
4. Why does Sal Paradise travel West?
Short Essay Question - Part 1, Chapters 3, 4 and 5
5. Why do Sal and his hitchhiker friend, Eddie, part in Iowa?
6. What is the wildest ride of Sal's journey?
This section contains 956 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)