|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Sal's friends stayed with Sal's aunt while he was away?
(a) Dean Moriarty.
(b) Chad King.
(c) Old Bull Lee.
(d) Carlo Marx.
2. Which reason is NOT a reason why Sal dislikes his job at the army barracks?
(a) He has to make one arrest per month.
(b) He would rather drink with the men than reprimand them.
(c) He has to stay awake all night.
(d) He and Remi get free groceries from the commissary.
3. What job does Dean find after Sal first meets him in New York?
(a) A custodial worker.
(b) Selling pressure cookers.
(c) A parking lot attendant.
(d) A grocery store clerk.
4. What personal news does Dean share with Sal and Stan in Part 4?
(a) That he is participating in Alcoholics Annonymous.
(b) That he wants a divorce from Camille.
(c) That he wants to collaborate on a book with them.
(d) That he wants to move to Tucson.
5. Where are the two boys from Minnesota headed in their flat bed truck?
(a) To San Antonio.
(b) To Los Angeles.
(c) To Denver.
(d) To Cheyenne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Old Bull Lee warn Sal about?
2. Who writes to Sal about the possibility of hopping an ocean liner in San Francisco?
3. Why does the driver who gives Sal a ride from Harrisburg to New York refuse to give Sal any food?
4. Which of the flat bed truck riders stays with Sal in Cheyenne?
5. Why is Sal's friend ejected from the upscale restaurant in San Francisco?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)