|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sal do after his first road trip?
(a) He returns to school on the GI Bill.
(b) He sells pressure cookers.
(c) He re-enlists in the Merchant Marines.
(d) He works on his manuscripts.
2. Where is Sal Paradise living at the beginning of On the Road?
(a) With his aunt in New Jersey.
(b) With his brother in Virginia.
(c) With Carlo Marx in Denver.
(d) With Roland Major in Denver.
3. Where does Sal go with Babe Rawlins in a mining town outside of Denver?
(a) To a friend's house.
(b) To an abandoned mine.
(c) To a bar.
(d) To an opera.
4. Who tells Sal, "Go moan for man"?
(b) A man with long white hair.
5. Who does Sal seek out when he first arrives in San Francisco?
(b) Remi Boncoeur.
(c) Roland Major.
(d) Dean Moriarty.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dean greet Sal when he arrives at his door step in 1949?
2. What does Sal feel when he passes the fields near Bakersfield in Part 2?
3. What event is taking place in Washington D.C. when Sal, Dean, Marylou, and Ed Dunkel are traveling through?
4. What does Dean want his friends to help him with?
5. Who do Sal and Dean travel with on their 1949 trip to Denver?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)