|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Sal and Dean take a quick trip from Virginia to New Jersey?
(a) Dean wanted to visit a girl.
(b) To deliver some furniture for Sal's aunt.
(c) Sal forgot his typewriter.
(d) Miles Davis was performing.
2. Which three people does Sal meet on the "ride of his life"?
(a) Big Slim Hazard, Mississippi Gene, and the blonde boy.
(b) Montana Slim, Mississippi Gene, and Ed Wall.
(c) Big Slim Hazard, Alabama Gene, and the blonde boy.
(d) Montana Slim, Mississippi Gene, and the blonde boy.
3. What does Dean want his friends to help him with?
(a) Learning to write.
(b) Teaching him Spanish.
(c) Finding a job.
(d) Helping him move.
4. According to Sal, Dean's soul is wrapped up in ______________________? (fill in the blank)
(a) A car to steal, a coast to reach, and a woman at the end of the road.
(b) A fast car, a coast to reach, and a drink at the end of the road.
(c) A fast car, a coast to reach, and a woman at the end of the road.
(d) A fast car, a new kick, and a woman at the end of the road.
5. Who does Sal encounter after his date with Rita Bettencourt?
(a) Carlo Marx.
(c) Some hobos.
(d) Some Okies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Sam Brady deliver to Dean?
2. Who did Dean, Marylou, and Ed Dunkel leave in Tucson and why?
3. What is the name of the horse that Sal bets on?
4. Who writes to Sal about the possibility of hopping an ocean liner in San Francisco?
5. Where does Sal decide to travel after his second trip to San Francisco?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)