|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sal do when he returns to Denver in the spring of 1949?
(a) He goes to bars and listens to jazz music.
(b) He writes poetry.
(c) He trains as a rodeo clown.
(d) He works as a laborer.
2. Where was Dean Moriarty living before he was first introduced to Sal Paradise in New York?
(a) An apartment in New Orleans.
(b) A hotel in Denver.
(c) A commune in San Francisco.
(d) A reformatory in New Mexico.
3. Who did Dean, Marylou, and Ed Dunkel leave in Tucson and why?
(a) Camille; she and Dean had a fight.
(b) Galatea; she was complaining too much.
(c) Chad King; the rift between the friends was renewed.
(d) Galatea; she was too sick to travel.
4. What is one of the things Sal enjoys doing in New Orleans?
(a) Exploring the voodoo culture.
(b) Witnessing a jazz funeral.
(c) Listening to Old Bull's stories.
(d) Bar hopping on Bourbon Street.
5. Who does Dean find jobs for in Denver?
(a) Sal and Roland.
(b) Sal and Eddie.
(c) Roland and Eddie.
(d) Carlo and Eddie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dean want to travel before his divorce with Marylou?
2. What is Roland Major's profession?
3. What does Dean offer after Sal informs him about Laura?
4. In which city does Sal end the "ride of his life'?
5. Who is the mutual friend with Sal Paradise and Mississippi Gene?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)