|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in Washington D.C. on the return trip from Virginia?
(a) The car goes off the road.
(b) They catch a glimpse of the President.
(c) Dean and Marylou have a fight.
(d) Dean receives a speeding ticket.
2. What does Sal do when he returns to Denver in the spring of 1949?
(a) He goes to bars and listens to jazz music.
(b) He trains as a rodeo clown.
(c) He writes poetry.
(d) He works as a laborer.
3. What does Sal do to put a rift in his friendship with Dean and Camille?
(a) He hurls insults at them.
(b) He takes some of their money.
(c) He reports Dean to the police.
(d) He does not share any of the sandwiches he made for his trip.
4. What does Sal think about his first visit to Denver?
(a) It is traumatic.
(b) It is exuberating.
(c) It is inspirational.
(d) It is ungratifying.
5. What happens to Stan shortly after he, Sal, and Dean depart from Denver?
(a) He gets a sunburn
(b) He changes his mind and wants to return to Denver.
(c) He gets an insect bite.
(d) He gets car sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dean's job in San Francisco?
2. Who does Sal see that makes him feel that he is closer to Denver?
3. Who is "The Ghost?"
4. How does Sal feel about the friendship between Dean Moriarty and his friend?
5. In Part 3, who takes the wheel of the vehicle that Dean and Sal are riding in while in Sacramento?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)