|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Central City?
(a) A town where Sal meets some hobos.
(b) A town where Sal and his friend's car breaks down.
(c) A haven for beat subculture.
(d) An old mining town in the mountains.
2. Who does Dean meet at a party in New York?
3. While Sal is witnessing one of Dean and Carlo's all night sessions, he concludes they are __________________________. (fill in the blank)
(a) Genuine beatniks.
(b) Amazing maniacs.
(c) Amazing saints.
(d) Cool hipsters.
4. What does Sal learn when he meets up with Chad King in Denver?
(a) That Dean Moriarty and Carlo Marx had already left for San Francisco.
(b) That he and Carlo Marx and Dean Moriarty are no longer friends,
(c) That Dean and Carlo are no longer friends.
(d) That Chad King, Carlo Marx and Dean Moriarty did not want to be friends with Sal.
5. What does Old Bull Lee think of Dean?
(a) That he is intriguing.
(b) That he is trouble.
(c) That he is despicable.
(d) That he is fun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Sal and Dean clean up in Chicago?
2. Who thinks Sal should not travel out West?
3. Who is Hyman Solomon?
4. What time of year do Sal and Dean reunite after Sal's first trip?
5. Why do Sal and Dean take a quick trip from Virginia to New Jersey?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)