|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, what do Sal and Dean's travel companions to Denver want to do in Sacramento?
(a) Stop for lunch.
(b) Go sightseeing.
(c) Leave Sal and Dean.
(d) Stay overnight.
2. Which of the flat bed truck riders stays with Sal in Cheyenne?
(a) Mississippi Gene.
(b) Big Slim Hazard.
(c) Roland Major.
(d) Montana Slim.
3. What does Sal's aunt do in Washington D.C.?
(a) She scolds Dean for driving too fast and getting a ticket.
(b) She wants to stop for a tour of the White House.
(c) She pays Dean's fine for speeding and vents her anger at the officer.
(d) She buys the group lunch.
4. Why does Sal leave Terry?
(a) He could not support Terry and her son.
(b) He is feeling tied down in a committed relationship.
(c) Terry kicks him out.
(d) Sal has the itch to be on the road again.
5. Where do Sal and Eddie receive job offers to work in Iowa?
(a) At a sewage treatment plant.
(b) On a farm.
(c) At a diner.
(d) At a carnival.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dean's reaction to his passengers being terrified of his driving on his trip from Denver to Chicago?
2. Which three people does Sal meet on the "ride of his life"?
3. In Des Moines, Sal experiences the distinction of the East of his youth and the West of his __________________. (fill in the blank)
4. What time of year do Sal and Dean reunite after Sal's first trip?
5. What does Sal do in Part 3, when the other passengers criticize Dean?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)