|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sal justify Dean's behavior to Old Bull Lee?
(a) That Dean had a rough childhood.
(b) That Old Bull Lee is too snobby.
(c) That Dean is only that way when drunk or on drugs.
(d) That Dean has a zest for life and is living fully.
2. Which of the flat bed truck riders stays with Sal in Cheyenne?
(a) Roland Major.
(b) Big Slim Hazard.
(c) Montana Slim.
(d) Mississippi Gene.
3. Why do Sal and Dean's travel companions seem leery of Dean on their 1949 trip to Denver?
(a) Because of his erratic behavior.
(b) Because he insists on sticking his head out of the window.
(c) Because he is intoxicated.
(d) Because he steals gasoline for the car.
4. What do Sal and Dean do in New York City on New Year's Eve?
(a) They see a Broadway play.
(b) They go party hopping.
(c) They go to a jazz club.
(d) They stay home.
5. Why is Sal's friend ejected from the upscale restaurant in San Francisco?
(a) He shouts "Fire!"
(b) He is drunk and boisterous.
(c) He complains about the food.
(d) He has food poisoning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Old Bull Lee think of Dean?
2. Who is the mutual friend with Sal Paradise and Mississippi Gene?
3. Where are the two boys from Minnesota headed in their flat bed truck?
4. Who is Galatea?
5. What Mexican woman does Sal meet on the bus to Los Angeles?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)