|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Old Bull Lee think of Dean?
(a) That he is despicable.
(b) That he is intriguing.
(c) That he is fun.
(d) That he is trouble.
2. What New York hitchhiker does Sal meet in Des Moines?
(a) "The Ghost."
(b) Mississippi Gene .
(c) Big Slim Hazard.
3. What does Hyman Solomon offer Sal, Dean, and Ed Dunkel?
(a) To get some money in Testament, Virginia.
(b) To drive part of the way.
(c) To find some girls for Sal and Dean.
(d) To give them some drugs.
4. Where is Sal Paradise living at the beginning of On the Road?
(a) With his aunt in New Jersey.
(b) With Carlo Marx in Denver.
(c) With Roland Major in Denver.
(d) With his brother in Virginia.
5. What does Sal do in Texas to get money to buy gas?
(a) He pawns his watch.
(b) He holds up a liquor store.
(c) He works in the field picking fruit.
(d) He panhandles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sal's aunt do in Washington D.C.?
2. How does Hal Hingham assist Sal and the others in Tucson?
3. Who does the travel bureau car that Sal and Dean drive from Denver to Chicago belong to?
4. What does Sal do to put a rift in his friendship with Dean and Camille?
5. What is Dean's reaction to his passengers being terrified of his driving on his trip from Denver to Chicago?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)