|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the things Sal enjoys doing in New Orleans?
(a) Bar hopping on Bourbon Street.
(b) Witnessing a jazz funeral.
(c) Exploring the voodoo culture.
(d) Listening to Old Bull's stories.
2. While Sal is witnessing one of Dean and Carlo's all night sessions, he concludes they are __________________________. (fill in the blank)
(a) Genuine beatniks.
(b) Amazing maniacs.
(c) Amazing saints.
(d) Cool hipsters.
3. How does Sal get from Denver to San Francisco?
(a) He takes the bus.
(b) A friend gives him a ride.
(c) He hitchhikes.
(d) He drives a travel bureau car.
4. Where do Sal and Dean's travel companions drop off Sal and Dean on their trip East in Part 3?
(b) Des Moines.
5. What do Sal, Dean, and Ed Dunkel do when Hyman Solomon does not come through?
(a) They steal money and buy bus tickets.
(b) They steal a car.
(c) They steal food and gas from distracted gas station attendants.
(d) Sal pawns his watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Sal and Dean's travel companions seem leery of Dean on their 1949 trip to Denver?
2. What does Old Bull Lee warn Sal about?
3. Where does Sal, Dean, and Marylou's car run off the road into the mud?
4. What Mexican woman does Sal meet on the bus to Los Angeles?
5. Where was Dean Moriarty living before he was first introduced to Sal Paradise in New York?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)