|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Des Moines, Sal experiences the distinction of the East of his youth and the West of his __________________. (fill in the blank)
(a) Golden years.
(c) Middle-age crisis.
2. What do Sal and Dean discuss while traveling from Sacramento to Denver?
(a) Their sexual encounters.
(b) Their dreams.
(c) Their friends.
(d) Their travel plans.
3. What does Sal confess to Dean on their trip to Virginia?
(a) Dean's speeding is making him nervous.
(b) He wants to marry a woman named Lucille.
(c) Dean's erratic behavior is wearing on him.
(d) He wants to take another trip with Dean.
4. Who is Dean referring to when he tells Sal that "God has arrived"?
(a) The poet, William Carlos Williams.
(b) The actor, James Dean.
(c) An author, Edmund McLean.
(d) A musician, George Shearing.
5. What do Sal and his friends do in Central City?
(a) They go skiing.
(b) They go to a bar to listen to jazz.
(c) They have an all-night discussion session.
(d) They throw a party at an abandoned mine shack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What favor does Remi ask of Lee Ann in San Francisco?
2. What does Old Bull Lee warn Sal about?
3. Why does Sal leave Terry?
4. Who is Sal's roommate in Denver?
5. Which of Sal's friends stayed with Sal's aunt while he was away?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)