|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mississippi Gene harboring from the law?
(b) Dean Moriarty.
(c) Montana Slim.
(d) A young blonde boy.
2. Why do Sal and Terry leave Los Angeles?
(a) They cannot find a place to stay.
(b) Sal does not have any friends living there.
(c) They cannot find jobs.
(d) They think it is too glitzy.
3. Why doesn't Sal show up for the first day of his job in Denver?
(a) He is planning on going on the road again with Dean.
(b) He would rather live off of Roland's generosity.
(c) He met a woman.
(d) He overslept.
4. How does Hal Hingham assist Sal and the others in Tucson?
(a) He buys them dinner.
(b) He lets them spend the night at his house.
(c) He lets them take a shower at his house.
(d) He gives them five dollars.
5. What does Sal do when he returns to Denver in the spring of 1949?
(a) He goes to bars and listens to jazz music.
(b) He writes poetry.
(c) He works as a laborer.
(d) He trains as a rodeo clown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Sal and Dean decide to travel in 1949?
2. What time of year do Sal and Dean reunite after Sal's first trip?
3. What does Sal learn when he meets up with Chad King in Denver?
4. What does Sal realize about his relationship with Lucille during his return stay in New York City?
5. Why is Sal's friend ejected from the upscale restaurant in San Francisco?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)