|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sal consider a sign that he and Dean need to leave Denver?
(a) When Sam Brady delivers the news that the family wants no interaction with Dean or his father.
(b) When they see a lunar eclipse.
(c) When their hotel room catches on fire.
(d) When they see a white horse on the side of the road.
2. Who arrives in Denver while Sal is staying there?
(a) Remi Boncoeur.
(b) Old Bull Lee.
(c) Mississippi Gene.
3. How is Rita Bettencourt described?
(a) As a lively party girl.
(b) As an outspoken woman who advocates for the oppressed.
(c) As an intellectual with rapier-like wit.
(d) As a shy girl without much ambition.
4. Where do Dean and Sal stay in Detroit?
(a) At a posh hotel.
(b) Skid row.
(c) At a YMCA.
(d) With a friend.
5. What does Sal think about his first visit to Denver?
(a) It is exuberating.
(b) It is inspirational.
(c) It is traumatic.
(d) It is ungratifying.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hyman Solomon?
2. Who is accompanying Dean on his trip to Virginia?
3. Who does Sal seek out when he first arrives in San Francisco?
4. Who is the mutual friend with Sal Paradise and Mississippi Gene?
5. What does Hyman Solomon offer Sal, Dean, and Ed Dunkel?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)