|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hal Hingham assist Sal and the others in Tucson?
(a) He gives them five dollars.
(b) He lets them take a shower at his house.
(c) He buys them dinner.
(d) He lets them spend the night at his house.
2. Where does Sal see Dean after his first trip on the road?
(a) At Sal's aunt's house in New Jersey.
(b) On the streets of New York City.
(c) At Old Bull Lee's house in New Orleans.
(d) At Sal's brother's house in Virginia.
3. What is Roland Major's profession?
(a) He is an actor.
(b) He is an author.
(c) He is a musician.
(d) He is a teacher.
4. Where do Sal, Dean, and Marylou drop Alfred off?
(a) Tulare, California.
(b) Tucson, Arizona.
(c) Needles, California.
(d) Salinas, California.
5. Who is Hyman Solomon?
(a) One of Bull Lee's friends.
(b) One of Dean's friends.
(c) A hobo.
(d) A horse that Bull Lee makes a bet on.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Central City?
2. What is Dean's reaction to his passengers being terrified of his driving on his trip from Denver to Chicago?
3. Where does Sal sleep in Cheyenne?
4. What news does Sam Brady deliver to Dean?
5. How does Sal justify Dean's behavior to Old Bull Lee?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)