|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sal think about his job in Bakersfield?
(a) He loves working close to the earth.
(b) He likes the high wages he receives.
(c) He thinks it is back-breaking work.
(d) He does not like his boss.
2. Who writes to Sal about the possibility of hopping an ocean liner in San Francisco?
(a) Dean Moriarty.
(b) Remi Boncoeur.
(c) Old Bull Lee.
(d) Mississippi Gene.
3. Where does Dean take Sal to stay in San Francisco?
(a) At the hotel where Roland Major is staying.
(b) At Remi Boncoeur's house.
(c) At Marylou's new apartment.
(d) At Camille's house.
4. What job does Dean find after Sal first meets him in New York?
(a) A parking lot attendant.
(b) A custodial worker.
(c) A grocery store clerk.
(d) Selling pressure cookers.
5. Why do Sal and Dean's travel companions seem leery of Dean on their 1949 trip to Denver?
(a) Because of his erratic behavior.
(b) Because he is intoxicated.
(c) Because he insists on sticking his head out of the window.
(d) Because he steals gasoline for the car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marylou admit to Sal after they arrive in San Francisco?
2. In Part 3, what do Sal and Dean's travel companions to Denver want to do in Sacramento?
3. How does Sal feel after Dean confides in Sal about his reaction to their fight?
4. How do Dean and Sal get to Denver in Part 3?
5. Who do Sal and Terry connect with in Sabinal?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)