|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Dean Moriarty living before he was first introduced to Sal Paradise in New York?
(a) A hotel in Denver.
(b) A commune in San Francisco.
(c) A reformatory in New Mexico.
(d) An apartment in New Orleans.
2. What do Carlo and Dean take to help them stay up all night for their chat sessions?
3. What does Lucille think about Sal's friends?
(a) She likes them because they are so intellectual.
(b) She does not like them because they are rude to her.
(c) She does not like them for their negative influence on Sal.
(d) She admires their exuberance and zest for life.
4. Who do Sal and Dean travel with on their 1949 trip to Denver?
(a) A homosexual man and a couple.
(b) A homosexual man and a hitchhiker.
(c) A Mexican and a hobo.
(d) An Okie and a couple.
5. How does Lee Ann feel about Sal staying with her?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She is displeased.
(c) She is indifferent.
(d) She is apprehensive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sal encounter after his date with Rita Bettencourt?
2. Why is Sal's friend ejected from the upscale restaurant in San Francisco?
3. What action does Camille take with Dean and Sal in San Francisco?
4. Why does the driver who gives Sal a ride from Harrisburg to New York refuse to give Sal any food?
5. Where does Sal see Dean after his first trip on the road?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)