|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Old Bull Lee think of Dean?
(a) That he is fun.
(b) That he is intriguing.
(c) That he is despicable.
(d) That he is trouble.
2. What do Sal, Dean, and Ed Dunkel do when Hyman Solomon does not come through?
(a) They steal money and buy bus tickets.
(b) They steal a car.
(c) They steal food and gas from distracted gas station attendants.
(d) Sal pawns his watch.
3. Who is Hyman Solomon?
(a) A hobo.
(b) One of Bull Lee's friends.
(c) A horse that Bull Lee makes a bet on.
(d) One of Dean's friends.
4. What does Sal confess to Dean on their trip to Virginia?
(a) He wants to take another trip with Dean.
(b) Dean's erratic behavior is wearing on him.
(c) Dean's speeding is making him nervous.
(d) He wants to marry a woman named Lucille.
5. Where does Sal go with Babe Rawlins in a mining town outside of Denver?
(a) To an opera.
(b) To a bar.
(c) To a friend's house.
(d) To an abandoned mine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Carlo and Dean take to help them stay up all night for their chat sessions?
2. Where do Sal and Dean decide to visit before returning to San Francisco?
3. Who does Sal see that makes him feel that he is closer to Denver?
4. Who rescues Sal from the hotel in San Francisco?
5. Who is the mutual friend with Sal Paradise and Mississippi Gene?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)