|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the vow that Sal and Terry make?
(a) That Terry will come to New York soon.
(b) That they will never see each other again.
(c) That Sal will earn money and return to Sabinal.
(d) That Terry will travel with Sal and his friends.
2. Who do Sal and Terry connect with in Sabinal?
(a) Roland Major.
(b) Terry's family and little son.
(c) Dean and Marylou.
(d) Terry's abusive husband.
3. Why do Sal and Dean take a quick trip from Virginia to New Jersey?
(a) To deliver some furniture for Sal's aunt.
(b) Sal forgot his typewriter.
(c) Miles Davis was performing.
(d) Dean wanted to visit a girl.
4. How is Rita Bettencourt described?
(a) As an intellectual with rapier-like wit.
(b) As a lively party girl.
(c) As a shy girl without much ambition.
(d) As an outspoken woman who advocates for the oppressed.
5. Why do Sal and Terry leave Los Angeles?
(a) They cannot find a place to stay.
(b) Sal does not have any friends living there.
(c) They cannot find jobs.
(d) They think it is too glitzy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event is taking place in Washington D.C. when Sal, Dean, Marylou, and Ed Dunkel are traveling through?
2. Which reason is NOT a reason why Sal dislikes his job at the army barracks?
3. What do Sal and Dean do in New York City on New Year's Eve?
4. Where does Sal see Dean after his first trip on the road?
5. What do Carlo and Dean take to help them stay up all night for their chat sessions?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)