|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Sal find in Bakersfield?
(a) Picking cotton.
(b) Working at a carnival.
(c) Security guard at an army barracks.
(d) Picking fruit.
2. What event is taking place in Washington D.C. when Sal, Dean, Marylou, and Ed Dunkel are traveling through?
(a) A VJ Day celebration parade.
(b) Dwight D, Eisenhower's Inauguration Day.
(c) A protest march.
(d) Harry S. Truman's Inauguration Day.
3. Who is Marylou's new boyfriend in San Francisco?
(a) A man who has money.
(b) A man who is religious.
(c) A man who is handsome.
(d) A man with a bad temper.
4. Where do Sal and Dean decide to visit before returning to San Francisco?
(d) New Orleans.
5. How does Hal Hingham assist Sal and the others in Tucson?
(a) He lets them spend the night at his house.
(b) He buys them dinner.
(c) He lets them take a shower at his house.
(d) He gives them five dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sal leave Terry?
2. Where does Old Bull take Sal in New Orleans?
3. What does Sal think about his job in Bakersfield?
4. What is Sal and Dean's plan before they take their second trip in 1949?
5. What is the name of the horse that Sal bets on?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)