|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Marylou's new boyfriend in San Francisco?
(a) A man who is handsome.
(b) A man with a bad temper.
(c) A man who has money.
(d) A man who is religious.
2. What does Sal do to put a rift in his friendship with Dean and Camille?
(a) He reports Dean to the police.
(b) He takes some of their money.
(c) He does not share any of the sandwiches he made for his trip.
(d) He hurls insults at them.
3. What does Sal do in Part 3, when the other passengers criticize Dean?
(a) He defends Dean.
(b) He gets angry at them.
(c) He ignores them.
(d) He agrees with them and has a talk with Dean.
4. What does Sal do after his first road trip?
(a) He returns to school on the GI Bill.
(b) He re-enlists in the Merchant Marines.
(c) He sells pressure cookers.
(d) He works on his manuscripts.
5. What does Old Bull Lee think of Dean?
(a) That he is trouble.
(b) That he is despicable.
(c) That he is intriguing.
(d) That he is fun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the driver who gives Sal a ride from Harrisburg to New York refuse to give Sal any food?
2. Where does Sal go with Babe Rawlins in a mining town outside of Denver?
3. When does Sal finally decide to go back on the road in Denver?
4. What job does Sal find in Bakersfield?
5. How long has it been since Sal has seen Dean since his first trip to San Francisco?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)