|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Sal and his friends stay with in New Orleans?
(a) Old Bull Lee.
(b) Chad King.
(c) Hyman Solomon.
2. Who does Sal see that makes him feel that he is closer to Denver?
(b) Denver Broncos football fans.
(c) Western people.
3. What event is taking place in Washington D.C. when Sal, Dean, Marylou, and Ed Dunkel are traveling through?
(a) A VJ Day celebration parade.
(b) Harry S. Truman's Inauguration Day.
(c) Dwight D, Eisenhower's Inauguration Day.
(d) A protest march.
4. Why do Sal and Terry leave Los Angeles?
(a) They cannot find a place to stay.
(b) Sal does not have any friends living there.
(c) They cannot find jobs.
(d) They think it is too glitzy.
5. What happens in Washington D.C. on the return trip from Virginia?
(a) They catch a glimpse of the President.
(b) Dean and Marylou have a fight.
(c) Dean receives a speeding ticket.
(d) The car goes off the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Des Moines, Sal experiences the distinction of the East of his youth and the West of his __________________. (fill in the blank)
2. Where was Dean Moriarty living before he was first introduced to Sal Paradise in New York?
3. Which of the flat bed truck riders stays with Sal in Cheyenne?
4. Why does the driver who gives Sal a ride from Harrisburg to New York refuse to give Sal any food?
5. Where does Dean want to travel before his divorce with Marylou?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)