|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Dean Moriarty living before he was first introduced to Sal Paradise in New York?
(a) A reformatory in New Mexico.
(b) A commune in San Francisco.
(c) An apartment in New Orleans.
(d) A hotel in Denver.
2. Why doesn't Sal show up for the first day of his job in Denver?
(a) He overslept.
(b) He met a woman.
(c) He is planning on going on the road again with Dean.
(d) He would rather live off of Roland's generosity.
3. What does Hyman Solomon offer Sal, Dean, and Ed Dunkel?
(a) To find some girls for Sal and Dean.
(b) To drive part of the way.
(c) To give them some drugs.
(d) To get some money in Testament, Virginia.
4. Where does Dean want to travel before his divorce with Marylou?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) New Orleans.
5. Who does Sal seek out when he first arrives in San Francisco?
(b) Remi Boncoeur.
(c) Roland Major.
(d) Dean Moriarty.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, who takes the wheel of the vehicle that Dean and Sal are riding in while in Sacramento?
2. What Mexican woman does Sal meet on the bus to Los Angeles?
3. In which city does Sal end the "ride of his life'?
4. What does Sal pack for his departure from San Francisco?
5. Who does Dean move in with after he breaks up with his girlfriend in New York?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)