|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Old Bull Lee think of Dean?
(a) That he is fun.
(b) That he is intriguing.
(c) That he is trouble.
(d) That he is despicable.
2. Why do Sal and Terry leave Los Angeles?
(a) They cannot find a place to stay.
(b) They think it is too glitzy.
(c) Sal does not have any friends living there.
(d) They cannot find jobs.
3. How does Hal Hingham assist Sal and the others in Tucson?
(a) He lets them spend the night at his house.
(b) He lets them take a shower at his house.
(c) He buys them dinner.
(d) He gives them five dollars.
4. How does Sal justify Dean's behavior to Old Bull Lee?
(a) That Dean is only that way when drunk or on drugs.
(b) That Dean had a rough childhood.
(c) That Old Bull Lee is too snobby.
(d) That Dean has a zest for life and is living fully.
5. What is one of the things Sal enjoys doing in New Orleans?
(a) Exploring the voodoo culture.
(b) Bar hopping on Bourbon Street.
(c) Witnessing a jazz funeral.
(d) Listening to Old Bull's stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sal learn about Dean and Camille after his arrival in San Francisco?
2. Who sends letters to Sal and tells him about Dean Moriarty?
3. Why does Sal's aunt think they were picked up in Washington D.C.?
4. While Sal is witnessing one of Dean and Carlo's all night sessions, he concludes they are __________________________. (fill in the blank)
5. What does Sal do after his first road trip?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)