|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the things Sal enjoys doing in New Orleans?
(a) Bar hopping on Bourbon Street.
(b) Witnessing a jazz funeral.
(c) Listening to Old Bull's stories.
(d) Exploring the voodoo culture.
2. Why does Sal leave Terry?
(a) Terry kicks him out.
(b) Sal has the itch to be on the road again.
(c) He is feeling tied down in a committed relationship.
(d) He could not support Terry and her son.
3. What do Sal and another woman he meets on the bus do until her stop in Columbus, Ohio?
(a) They neck.
(b) They sleep.
(c) They discuss books.
(d) They play travel games.
4. What does Sal's aunt do in Washington D.C.?
(a) She scolds Dean for driving too fast and getting a ticket.
(b) She pays Dean's fine for speeding and vents her anger at the officer.
(c) She buys the group lunch.
(d) She wants to stop for a tour of the White House.
5. Who does Sal encounter after his date with Rita Bettencourt?
(a) Some Okies.
(b) Carlo Marx.
(c) Some hobos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sal feel when he passes the fields near Bakersfield in Part 2?
2. What does Marylou do when she sees Sal on the streets of San Francisco?
3. What does Dean do when he, Sal, and Marylou arrive in San Francisco?
4. Who is "The Ghost?"
5. Where does Dean take Sal to stay in San Francisco?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)