|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What favor does Remi ask of Lee Ann in San Francisco?
(a) To return his favorite shirt.
(b) To reconsider her decision.
(c) To accompany him to dinner when his stepfather comes to town.
(d) To let him stay until he can find an apartment.
2. How is Sal able to travel from Denver to San Francisco in the spring of 1949?
(a) He finds some money on the street.
(b) From the money he earns as a laborer.
(c) A rich woman gives him one hundred dollars.
(d) From winnings at the horse racetrack.
3. Why do Sal and Dean take a quick trip from Virginia to New Jersey?
(a) To deliver some furniture for Sal's aunt.
(b) Sal forgot his typewriter.
(c) Miles Davis was performing.
(d) Dean wanted to visit a girl.
4. Who is accompanying Dean on his trip to Virginia?
(a) Marylou and Ed Dunkel.
(b) Camille and Carlo Marx.
(c) Ed Dunkel and Carlo Marx.
(d) Marylou and Camille.
5. What does Sal learn about Dean and Camille after his arrival in San Francisco?
(a) That they are getting a divorce.
(b) That they are moving to San Antonio
(c) That they are expecting their second child.
(d) That Camille has the mumps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Sal and Dean's travel companions' reactions when it is Dean's turn to take the wheel of the vehicle?
2. What is the first place Sal visits on his return trip to San Francisco in the spring of 1949?
3. Who writes to Sal about the possibility of hopping an ocean liner in San Francisco?
4. Who does Dean find jobs for in Denver?
5. Why doesn't Sal show up for the first day of his job in Denver?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)