|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 4, 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Sal show up for the first day of his job in Denver?
(a) He overslept.
(b) He would rather live off of Roland's generosity.
(c) He met a woman.
(d) He is planning on going on the road again with Dean.
2. When does Sal finally decide to go back on the road in Denver?
(a) After an all-night session with Carlo Marx and Dean Moriarty.
(b) After the party in Central City.
(c) After Eddie arrives in Denver.
(d) After his date with Rita Bettencourt.
3. What time of year do Sal and Dean reunite after Sal's first trip?
(a) Thanksgiving time.
(b) During Easter.
(c) Christmas time.
(d) Summer time.
4. What job does Sal find in Bakersfield?
(a) Security guard at an army barracks.
(b) Working at a carnival.
(c) Picking cotton.
(d) Picking fruit.
5. What does Dean inform his friends about at a party where Carlo is reading poetry?
(a) He wants to take a trip to Mexico.
(b) He wants to attend school to become a writer.
(c) He is getting a divorce from Marylou.
(d) He is breaking up with Camille.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dean want his friends to help him with?
2. While Sal is witnessing one of Dean and Carlo's all night sessions, he concludes they are __________________________. (fill in the blank)
3. Who do Sal and Terry connect with in Sabinal?
4. What does Old Bull Lee warn Sal about?
5. How does Sal get the money to get from Denver to San Francisco?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)