|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 4, 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sal feel about the friendship between Dean Moriarty and his friend?
(a) He feels left out.
(b) He feels invigorated.
(c) He feels like the center of attention.
(d) He feels indifferent.
2. How does Sal get from Denver to San Francisco?
(a) He takes the bus.
(b) He drives a travel bureau car.
(c) A friend gives him a ride.
(d) He hitchhikes.
3. Who do Sal and his friends stay with in New Orleans?
(b) Chad King.
(c) Old Bull Lee.
(d) Hyman Solomon.
4. What does Sal's aunt do in Washington D.C.?
(a) She pays Dean's fine for speeding and vents her anger at the officer.
(b) She buys the group lunch.
(c) She wants to stop for a tour of the White House.
(d) She scolds Dean for driving too fast and getting a ticket.
5. Who was born on the road?
(a) Chad King.
(b) Sal Paradise.
(c) Dean Moriarty.
(d) Carlo Marx.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dean want to travel before his divorce with Marylou?
2. Who sends letters to Sal and tells him about Dean Moriarty?
3. What is the vow that Sal and Terry make?
4. What does Old Bull Lee think of Dean?
5. What does Dean inform his friends about at a party where Carlo is reading poetry?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)