|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 4, 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is accompanying Dean on his trip to Virginia?
(a) Marylou and Camille.
(b) Marylou and Ed Dunkel.
(c) Camille and Carlo Marx.
(d) Ed Dunkel and Carlo Marx.
2. Who is Hyman Solomon?
(a) One of Bull Lee's friends.
(b) One of Dean's friends.
(c) A horse that Bull Lee makes a bet on.
(d) A hobo.
3. Who did Dean, Marylou, and Ed Dunkel leave in Tucson and why?
(a) Galatea; she was complaining too much.
(b) Camille; she and Dean had a fight.
(c) Chad King; the rift between the friends was renewed.
(d) Galatea; she was too sick to travel.
4. Who is "The Ghost?"
(a) One of Sal's friends.
(b) An old hobo.
(c) Slang for a police officer.
(d) A drug-induced hallucination.
5. What does Sal learn when he meets up with Chad King in Denver?
(a) That Chad King, Carlo Marx and Dean Moriarty did not want to be friends with Sal.
(b) That Dean Moriarty and Carlo Marx had already left for San Francisco.
(c) That he and Carlo Marx and Dean Moriarty are no longer friends,
(d) That Dean and Carlo are no longer friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sal see Dean after his first trip on the road?
2. What does Dean want his friends to help him with?
3. What time of year do Sal and Dean reunite after Sal's first trip?
4. What event is taking place in Washington D.C. when Sal, Dean, Marylou, and Ed Dunkel are traveling through?
5. Why doesn't Sal show up for the first day of his job in Denver?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)