|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 4, 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sal's aunt do in Washington D.C.?
(a) She wants to stop for a tour of the White House.
(b) She scolds Dean for driving too fast and getting a ticket.
(c) She buys the group lunch.
(d) She pays Dean's fine for speeding and vents her anger at the officer.
2. What does Sal realize about his relationship with Lucille during his return stay in New York City?
(a) It will work because Lucille has a zeal for traveling.
(b) It cannot work because she is so irresponsible.
(c) It cannot work because she insists on changing him.
(d) It is what he desires because she can ground him.
3. What job does Sal find in Bakersfield?
(a) Picking fruit.
(b) Security guard at an army barracks.
(c) Picking cotton.
(d) Working at a carnival.
4. What do Sal and his friends do in Central City?
(a) They go to a bar to listen to jazz.
(b) They have an all-night discussion session.
(c) They throw a party at an abandoned mine shack.
(d) They go skiing.
5. Who does Sal introduce to Dean with whom he forms a strong friendship?
(a) Remi Boncoeur.
(b) Carlo Marx.
(c) Ed Dunkel.
(d) Chad King.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Galatea?
2. What does Sal think after his date with Rita Bettencourt?
3. How does Sal get from Denver to San Francisco?
4. Who arrives in Denver while Sal is staying there?
5. In which city does Sal end the "ride of his life'?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)