|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 4, 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which reason is NOT a reason why Sal dislikes his job at the army barracks?
(a) He would rather drink with the men than reprimand them.
(b) He has to stay awake all night.
(c) He and Remi get free groceries from the commissary.
(d) He has to make one arrest per month.
2. Who do Sal and Terry connect with in Sabinal?
(a) Dean and Marylou.
(b) Roland Major.
(c) Terry's abusive husband.
(d) Terry's family and little son.
3. What does Old Bull Lee think of Dean?
(a) That he is despicable.
(b) That he is trouble.
(c) That he is fun.
(d) That he is intriguing.
4. What does Old Bull Lee warn Sal about?
(a) That they need to drive more carefully on their road trips.
(b) That Sal needs to finish his education.
(c) To watch out for the police in New Orleans.
(d) That Dean is getting crazier and to be careful.
5. How does Sal get the money to get from Denver to San Francisco?
(a) He panhandles to earn the money.
(b) Sal's aunt wires him the money.
(c) Roland Major gives him some money.
(d) He pawns his watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hyman Solomon offer Sal, Dean, and Ed Dunkel?
2. What event is taking place in Washington D.C. when Sal, Dean, Marylou, and Ed Dunkel are traveling through?
3. Who sets Sal up with Rita Bettencourt?
4. Where does Sal go with Babe Rawlins in a mining town outside of Denver?
5. Which three people does Sal meet on the "ride of his life"?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)