|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 4, 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucille think about Sal's friends?
(a) She does not like them for their negative influence on Sal.
(b) She likes them because they are so intellectual.
(c) She does not like them because they are rude to her.
(d) She admires their exuberance and zest for life.
2. What is Sal's relationship with the Mexican woman he met on the bus?
(a) They are cordial.
(b) They are unfriendly.
(c) They despise each other.
(d) They are inseparable.
3. Where are the two boys from Minnesota headed in their flat bed truck?
(a) To San Antonio.
(b) To Los Angeles.
(c) To Cheyenne.
(d) To Denver.
4. How is Rita Bettencourt described?
(a) As an intellectual with rapier-like wit.
(b) As an outspoken woman who advocates for the oppressed.
(c) As a shy girl without much ambition.
(d) As a lively party girl.
5. What do Sal and his friends do in Central City?
(a) They go to a bar to listen to jazz.
(b) They have an all-night discussion session.
(c) They go skiing.
(d) They throw a party at an abandoned mine shack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the driver who gives Sal a ride from Harrisburg to New York refuse to give Sal any food?
2. Who does Sal reunite with at the restaurant while having dinner with Lee Ann, Remi, and Remi's stepfather?
3. What Mexican woman does Sal meet on the bus to Los Angeles?
4. What does Sal think about his job in Bakersfield?
5. After Sal leaves Terry, he rides a bus from Los Angeles to which city?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)