|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lee Ann feel about Sal staying with her?
(a) She is displeased.
(b) She is indifferent.
(c) She is apprehensive.
(d) She is excited.
2. Which reason is NOT a reason why Sal dislikes his job at the army barracks?
(a) He would rather drink with the men than reprimand them.
(b) He has to stay awake all night.
(c) He and Remi get free groceries from the commissary.
(d) He has to make one arrest per month.
3. How is Rita Bettencourt described?
(a) As an outspoken woman who advocates for the oppressed.
(b) As a shy girl without much ambition.
(c) As a lively party girl.
(d) As an intellectual with rapier-like wit.
4. What is Sal's relationship with the Mexican woman he met on the bus?
(a) They despise each other.
(b) They are inseparable.
(c) They are cordial.
(d) They are unfriendly.
5. Who writes to Sal about the possibility of hopping an ocean liner in San Francisco?
(a) Old Bull Lee.
(b) Dean Moriarty.
(c) Mississippi Gene.
(d) Remi Boncoeur.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sal think about his job in Bakersfield?
2. What does Lee Ann do after Remi loses their money at the horse races?
3. What does Sal learn when he meets up with Chad King in Denver?
4. What does Dean inform his friends about at a party where Carlo is reading poetry?
5. Where are the two boys from Minnesota headed in their flat bed truck?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)