|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dean want to travel before his divorce with Marylou?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) New Orleans.
2. How does Dean treat Sal's friends while in Denver?
(a) As long-time friends.
(b) As though they do not exist.
(c) With great reverence.
(d) With great animosity.
3. What job does Remi Boncoeur find for Sal in San Francisco?
(a) A clerk at a grocery store.
(b) A night watchman at an army barracks.
(c) A parking lot attendant.
(d) A bartender.
4. What does Dean inform his friends about at a party where Carlo is reading poetry?
(a) He wants to take a trip to Mexico.
(b) He is getting a divorce from Marylou.
(c) He wants to attend school to become a writer.
(d) He is breaking up with Camille.
5. Who is "The Ghost?"
(a) A drug-induced hallucination.
(b) An old hobo.
(c) One of Sal's friends.
(d) Slang for a police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Rita Bettencourt described?
2. What job does Sal find in Bakersfield?
3. What is "The Ghost's" destination?
4. Who is Mississippi Gene harboring from the law?
5. What does Sal think about his job in Bakersfield?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)