|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who thinks Sal should not travel out West?
(a) Dean Moriarty.
(b) Carlo Marx.
(d) Sal's Aunt.
2. Why do Sal and his friends leave the party in Central City?
(a) It was too boring.
(b) Ray Rawlins got into a fight.
(c) It became too boisterous for them.
(d) They ran out of beer.
3. What job does Sal find in Bakersfield?
(a) Security guard at an army barracks.
(b) Picking cotton.
(c) Working at a carnival.
(d) Picking fruit.
4. What Mexican woman does Sal meet on the bus to Los Angeles?
(b) Terry .
5. Which reason is NOT a reason why Sal dislikes his job at the army barracks?
(a) He has to make one arrest per month.
(b) He would rather drink with the men than reprimand them.
(c) He and Remi get free groceries from the commissary.
(d) He has to stay awake all night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends letters to Sal and tells him about Dean Moriarty?
2. Who was born on the road?
3. What does Lee Ann do after Remi loses their money at the horse races?
4. Where is Sal Paradise living at the beginning of On the Road?
5. Who does Sal seek out when he first arrives in San Francisco?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)