|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Des Moines, Sal experiences the distinction of the East of his youth and the West of his __________________. (fill in the blank)
(a) Golden years.
(d) Middle-age crisis.
2. Where does Sal sleep in Cheyenne?
(a) At a motel.
(b) At a bus station.
(c) At a train station.
(d) In a park.
3. Who does Sal encounter after his date with Rita Bettencourt?
(a) Carlo Marx.
(b) Some hobos.
(c) Some Okies.
4. What is the vow that Sal and Terry make?
(a) That Sal will earn money and return to Sabinal.
(b) That Terry will come to New York soon.
(c) That Terry will travel with Sal and his friends.
(d) That they will never see each other again.
5. Why does Sal leave Terry?
(a) Terry kicks him out.
(b) He could not support Terry and her son.
(c) Sal has the itch to be on the road again.
(d) He is feeling tied down in a committed relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Sal show up for the first day of his job in Denver?
2. Who does Dean move in with after he breaks up with his girlfriend in New York?
3. Who does Sal seek out when he first arrives in San Francisco?
4. What does Sal learn when he meets up with Chad King in Denver?
5. Which of Sal's friends stayed with Sal's aunt while he was away?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)