|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Sal and his friends leave the party in Central City?
(a) It was too boring.
(b) Ray Rawlins got into a fight.
(c) They ran out of beer.
(d) It became too boisterous for them.
2. Which of Sal's friends stayed with Sal's aunt while he was away?
(a) Old Bull Lee.
(b) Chad King.
(c) Dean Moriarty.
(d) Carlo Marx.
3. While Sal is witnessing one of Dean and Carlo's all night sessions, he concludes they are __________________________. (fill in the blank)
(a) Genuine beatniks.
(b) Amazing saints.
(c) Amazing maniacs.
(d) Cool hipsters.
4. What does Sal think about his job in Bakersfield?
(a) He does not like his boss.
(b) He loves working close to the earth.
(c) He likes the high wages he receives.
(d) He thinks it is back-breaking work.
5. After Sal leaves Terry, he rides a bus from Los Angeles to which city?
(a) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Rita Bettencourt described?
2. What do Sal and his friends do in Central City?
3. What does Sal think about his first visit to Denver?
4. What is Sal's relationship with the Mexican woman he met on the bus?
5. Why do Sal and Terry leave Los Angeles?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)