|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which three people does Sal meet on the "ride of his life"?
(a) Big Slim Hazard, Mississippi Gene, and the blonde boy.
(b) Montana Slim, Mississippi Gene, and Ed Wall.
(c) Montana Slim, Mississippi Gene, and the blonde boy.
(d) Big Slim Hazard, Alabama Gene, and the blonde boy.
2. How does Sal get from Denver to San Francisco?
(a) He hitchhikes.
(b) He drives a travel bureau car.
(c) He takes the bus.
(d) A friend gives him a ride.
3. What does Dean want his friends to help him with?
(a) Finding a job.
(b) Teaching him Spanish.
(c) Learning to write.
(d) Helping him move.
4. Who thinks Sal should not travel out West?
(a) Sal's Aunt.
(b) Dean Moriarty.
(d) Carlo Marx.
5. Who does Sal see that makes him feel that he is closer to Denver?
(a) Denver Broncos football fans.
(d) Western people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Sal and Terry connect with in Sabinal?
2. In Des Moines, Sal experiences the distinction of the East of his youth and the West of his __________________. (fill in the blank)
3. Where does Dean want to travel before his divorce with Marylou?
4. Where does Sal go with Babe Rawlins in a mining town outside of Denver?
5. Why is Sal's friend ejected from the upscale restaurant in San Francisco?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)