|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sal feel about the friendship between Dean Moriarty and his friend?
(a) He feels like the center of attention.
(b) He feels invigorated.
(c) He feels indifferent.
(d) He feels left out.
2. Who sets Sal up with Rita Bettencourt?
(b) Dean Moriarty.
(c) Roland Major.
(d) Ray Rawlins.
3. Who writes to Sal about the possibility of hopping an ocean liner in San Francisco?
(a) Old Bull Lee.
(b) Remi Boncoeur.
(c) Mississippi Gene.
(d) Dean Moriarty.
4. How does Sal get from Denver to San Francisco?
(a) He drives a travel bureau car.
(b) He takes the bus.
(c) He hitchhikes.
(d) A friend gives him a ride.
5. What does Sal think about his first visit to Denver?
(a) It is traumatic.
(b) It is ungratifying.
(c) It is exuberating.
(d) It is inspirational.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was born on the road?
2. Who sends letters to Sal and tells him about Dean Moriarty?
3. Who thinks Sal should not travel out West?
4. What job does Dean find after Sal first meets him in New York?
5. What do Sal and his friends do in Central City?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)