|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dean find jobs for in Denver?
(a) Carlo and Eddie.
(b) Sal and Roland.
(c) Sal and Eddie.
(d) Roland and Eddie.
2. Who sets Sal up with Rita Bettencourt?
(a) Dean Moriarty.
(b) Ray Rawlins.
(c) Roland Major.
3. Why do Sal and his friends leave the party in Central City?
(a) They ran out of beer.
(b) It became too boisterous for them.
(c) It was too boring.
(d) Ray Rawlins got into a fight.
4. What job does Dean find after Sal first meets him in New York?
(a) A grocery store clerk.
(b) A custodial worker.
(c) A parking lot attendant.
(d) Selling pressure cookers.
5. In Des Moines, Sal experiences the distinction of the East of his youth and the West of his __________________. (fill in the blank)
(b) Middle-age crisis.
(c) Golden years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes to Sal about the possibility of hopping an ocean liner in San Francisco?
2. Who thinks Sal should not travel out West?
3. Why doesn't Sal show up for the first day of his job in Denver?
4. Who arrives in Denver while Sal is staying there?
5. Which of the flat bed truck riders stays with Sal in Cheyenne?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)