|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Sal show up for the first day of his job in Denver?
(a) He met a woman.
(b) He is planning on going on the road again with Dean.
(c) He would rather live off of Roland's generosity.
(d) He overslept.
2. What is Central City?
(a) A town where Sal and his friend's car breaks down.
(b) A haven for beat subculture.
(c) A town where Sal meets some hobos.
(d) An old mining town in the mountains.
3. How does Sal feel about the friendship between Dean Moriarty and his friend?
(a) He feels like the center of attention.
(b) He feels invigorated.
(c) He feels indifferent.
(d) He feels left out.
4. Which three people does Sal meet on the "ride of his life"?
(a) Montana Slim, Mississippi Gene, and Ed Wall.
(b) Big Slim Hazard, Alabama Gene, and the blonde boy.
(c) Montana Slim, Mississippi Gene, and the blonde boy.
(d) Big Slim Hazard, Mississippi Gene, and the blonde boy.
5. How is Rita Bettencourt described?
(a) As a shy girl without much ambition.
(b) As an outspoken woman who advocates for the oppressed.
(c) As a lively party girl.
(d) As an intellectual with rapier-like wit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the woman traveling with Dean Moriarty when Sal first meets him?
2. Who does Dean move in with after he breaks up with his girlfriend in New York?
3. Where does Dean want to travel before his divorce with Marylou?
4. What does Sal think after his date with Rita Bettencourt?
5. Why does Sal end his ride with the brothers from Minnesota before their final destination?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)