|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Central City?
(a) An old mining town in the mountains.
(b) A haven for beat subculture.
(c) A town where Sal meets some hobos.
(d) A town where Sal and his friend's car breaks down.
2. Who is Mississippi Gene harboring from the law?
(a) A young blonde boy.
(b) Montana Slim.
(c) Dean Moriarty.
3. In Des Moines, Sal experiences the distinction of the East of his youth and the West of his __________________. (fill in the blank)
(a) Middle-age crisis.
(b) Golden years.
4. What is Roland Major's profession?
(a) He is an author.
(b) He is a musician.
(c) He is an actor.
(d) He is a teacher.
5. Who is Sal's roommate in Denver?
(a) Dean Moriarty.
(b) Carlo Marx.
(c) Tim Gray.
(d) Roland Major.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sal learn when he meets up with Chad King in Denver?
2. What does Dean inform his friends about at a party where Carlo is reading poetry?
3. Who sets Sal up with Rita Bettencourt?
4. Where was Dean Moriarty living before he was first introduced to Sal Paradise in New York?
5. What job does Dean find after Sal first meets him in New York?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)