|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sal get from Denver to San Francisco?
(a) He takes the bus.
(b) He hitchhikes.
(c) A friend gives him a ride.
(d) He drives a travel bureau car.
2. What do Sal and his friends do in Central City?
(a) They throw a party at an abandoned mine shack.
(b) They have an all-night discussion session.
(c) They go to a bar to listen to jazz.
(d) They go skiing.
3. Where does Dean want to travel before his divorce with Marylou?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) San Francisco.
4. What does Sal learn when he meets up with Chad King in Denver?
(a) That Chad King, Carlo Marx and Dean Moriarty did not want to be friends with Sal.
(b) That Dean and Carlo are no longer friends.
(c) That he and Carlo Marx and Dean Moriarty are no longer friends,
(d) That Dean Moriarty and Carlo Marx had already left for San Francisco.
5. Who is the mutual friend with Sal Paradise and Mississippi Gene?
(a) Remi Boncoeur.
(b) Big Slim Hazard.
(c) Montana Slim.
(d) Dean Moriarty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sal sleep in Cheyenne?
2. Who thinks Sal should not travel out West?
3. What does Dean inform his friends about at a party where Carlo is reading poetry?
4. What is Roland Major's profession?
5. Who sets Sal up with Rita Bettencourt?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)