|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sal sleep in Cheyenne?
(a) In a park.
(b) At a bus station.
(c) At a motel.
(d) At a train station.
2. Where does Sal go with Babe Rawlins in a mining town outside of Denver?
(a) To a friend's house.
(b) To an opera.
(c) To an abandoned mine.
(d) To a bar.
3. Who sends letters to Sal and tells him about Dean Moriarty?
(a) Chad King.
(b) Old Bull Lee.
(c) Roland Major.
(d) Carlo Marx.
4. What does Dean inform his friends about at a party where Carlo is reading poetry?
(a) He is breaking up with Camille.
(b) He is getting a divorce from Marylou.
(c) He wants to attend school to become a writer.
(d) He wants to take a trip to Mexico.
5. Who does Sal see that makes him feel that he is closer to Denver?
(b) Western people.
(d) Denver Broncos football fans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sal end his ride with the brothers from Minnesota before their final destination?
2. What job does Dean find after Sal first meets him in New York?
3. How does Sal feel about the friendship between Dean Moriarty and his friend?
4. What is Roland Major's profession?
5. How does Sal get from Denver to San Francisco?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)