|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the mutual friend with Sal Paradise and Mississippi Gene?
(a) Big Slim Hazard.
(b) Dean Moriarty.
(c) Remi Boncoeur.
(d) Montana Slim.
2. What job does Dean find after Sal first meets him in New York?
(a) A custodial worker.
(b) A parking lot attendant.
(c) Selling pressure cookers.
(d) A grocery store clerk.
3. Why does Sal end his ride with the brothers from Minnesota before their final destination?
(a) He is getting car sick.
(b) He meets a woman.
(c) He is bored.
(d) He is determined to see his friends in Denver.
4. Which of the flat bed truck riders stays with Sal in Cheyenne?
(a) Montana Slim.
(b) Mississippi Gene.
(c) Roland Major.
(d) Big Slim Hazard.
5. Where does Sal sleep in Cheyenne?
(a) At a motel.
(b) At a train station.
(c) In a park.
(d) At a bus station.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the two women in Dean's life in Denver?
2. What does Dean inform his friends about at a party where Carlo is reading poetry?
3. In which city does Sal end the "ride of his life'?
4. Where is Sal Paradise living at the beginning of On the Road?
5. How is Rita Bettencourt described?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)