|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Sal finally decide to go back on the road in Denver?
(a) After the party in Central City.
(b) After his date with Rita Bettencourt.
(c) After Eddie arrives in Denver.
(d) After an all-night session with Carlo Marx and Dean Moriarty.
2. What does Sal think after his date with Rita Bettencourt?
(a) There is no hope of a relationship developing.
(b) He has a good time and asks her for a second date.
(c) He falls in love with her.
(d) He is ambivalent and thinks maybe a second date would help him make up his mind.
3. Who thinks Sal should not travel out West?
(a) Sal's Aunt.
(b) Dean Moriarty.
(d) Carlo Marx.
4. Where was Dean Moriarty living before he was first introduced to Sal Paradise in New York?
(a) A hotel in Denver.
(b) A commune in San Francisco.
(c) An apartment in New Orleans.
(d) A reformatory in New Mexico.
5. Who does Sal introduce to Dean with whom he forms a strong friendship?
(a) Ed Dunkel.
(b) Chad King.
(c) Remi Boncoeur.
(d) Carlo Marx.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Sal Paradise living at the beginning of On the Road?
2. Who is the mutual friend with Sal Paradise and Mississippi Gene?
3. Where are the two boys from Minnesota headed in their flat bed truck?
4. How is Rita Bettencourt described?
5. What do Sal and his friends do in Central City?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)