|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dean want to travel before his divorce with Marylou?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) New Orleans.
2. How is Rita Bettencourt described?
(a) As a lively party girl.
(b) As an outspoken woman who advocates for the oppressed.
(c) As an intellectual with rapier-like wit.
(d) As a shy girl without much ambition.
3. Who does Dean find jobs for in Denver?
(a) Roland and Eddie.
(b) Sal and Roland.
(c) Sal and Eddie.
(d) Carlo and Eddie.
4. In which city does Sal end the "ride of his life'?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) San Francisco.
5. How does Sal get from Denver to San Francisco?
(a) He hitchhikes.
(b) A friend gives him a ride.
(c) He takes the bus.
(d) He drives a travel bureau car.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dean treat Sal's friends while in Denver?
2. Who sets Sal up with Rita Bettencourt?
3. What is Roland Major's profession?
4. In Des Moines, Sal experiences the distinction of the East of his youth and the West of his __________________. (fill in the blank)
5. Where do Sal and Eddie receive job offers to work in Iowa?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)