|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sal's roommate in Denver?
(a) Roland Major.
(b) Dean Moriarty.
(c) Carlo Marx.
(d) Tim Gray.
2. What New York hitchhiker does Sal meet in Des Moines?
(a) Mississippi Gene .
(b) "The Ghost."
(d) Big Slim Hazard.
3. Why does Sal end his ride with the brothers from Minnesota before their final destination?
(a) He is getting car sick.
(b) He is bored.
(c) He meets a woman.
(d) He is determined to see his friends in Denver.
4. How does Sal get from Denver to San Francisco?
(a) He drives a travel bureau car.
(b) A friend gives him a ride.
(c) He hitchhikes.
(d) He takes the bus.
5. Who does Dean move in with after he breaks up with his girlfriend in New York?
(a) Carlo Marx.
(b) Old Bull Lee.
(c) Ed Wall.
(d) Sal Paradise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Dean find after Sal first meets him in New York?
2. Where does Sal go with Babe Rawlins in a mining town outside of Denver?
3. Who sends letters to Sal and tells him about Dean Moriarty?
4. What does Dean want his friends to help him with?
5. How is Rita Bettencourt described?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)