|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sal see that makes him feel that he is closer to Denver?
(b) Denver Broncos football fans.
(c) Western people.
2. When does Sal finally decide to go back on the road in Denver?
(a) After the party in Central City.
(b) After Eddie arrives in Denver.
(c) After his date with Rita Bettencourt.
(d) After an all-night session with Carlo Marx and Dean Moriarty.
3. In Des Moines, Sal experiences the distinction of the East of his youth and the West of his __________________. (fill in the blank)
(a) Middle-age crisis.
(b) Golden years.
4. What is Roland Major's profession?
(a) He is an actor.
(b) He is a musician.
(c) He is an author.
(d) He is a teacher.
5. Where does Dean want to travel before his divorce with Marylou?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sal's roommate in Denver?
2. Who is Mississippi Gene harboring from the law?
3. In which city does Sal end the "ride of his life'?
4. Who does Sal encounter after his date with Rita Bettencourt?
5. Where does Sal go with Babe Rawlins in a mining town outside of Denver?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)