|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Sal finally decide to go back on the road in Denver?
(a) After Eddie arrives in Denver.
(b) After his date with Rita Bettencourt.
(c) After an all-night session with Carlo Marx and Dean Moriarty.
(d) After the party in Central City.
2. How does Sal get from Denver to San Francisco?
(a) He hitchhikes.
(b) He drives a travel bureau car.
(c) A friend gives him a ride.
(d) He takes the bus.
3. Where is Sal Paradise living at the beginning of On the Road?
(a) With his brother in Virginia.
(b) With Carlo Marx in Denver.
(c) With Roland Major in Denver.
(d) With his aunt in New Jersey.
4. Who thinks Sal should not travel out West?
(a) Dean Moriarty.
(c) Sal's Aunt.
(d) Carlo Marx.
5. In Des Moines, Sal experiences the distinction of the East of his youth and the West of his __________________. (fill in the blank)
(a) Golden years.
(c) Middle-age crisis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What New York hitchhiker does Sal meet in Des Moines?
2. Where was Dean Moriarty living before he was first introduced to Sal Paradise in New York?
3. What job does Dean find after Sal first meets him in New York?
4. Who does Dean find jobs for in Denver?
5. Who does Sal introduce to Dean with whom he forms a strong friendship?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)