|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Sal and his friends leave the party in Central City?
(a) They ran out of beer.
(b) It was too boring.
(c) It became too boisterous for them.
(d) Ray Rawlins got into a fight.
2. Who is Sal's roommate in Denver?
(a) Tim Gray.
(b) Roland Major.
(c) Carlo Marx.
(d) Dean Moriarty.
3. What does Sal learn when he meets up with Chad King in Denver?
(a) That Dean Moriarty and Carlo Marx had already left for San Francisco.
(b) That Chad King, Carlo Marx and Dean Moriarty did not want to be friends with Sal.
(c) That Dean and Carlo are no longer friends.
(d) That he and Carlo Marx and Dean Moriarty are no longer friends,
4. Where is Sal Paradise living at the beginning of On the Road?
(a) With his aunt in New Jersey.
(b) With his brother in Virginia.
(c) With Roland Major in Denver.
(d) With Carlo Marx in Denver.
5. Who is the mutual friend with Sal Paradise and Mississippi Gene?
(a) Remi Boncoeur.
(b) Montana Slim.
(c) Dean Moriarty.
(d) Big Slim Hazard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends letters to Sal and tells him about Dean Moriarty?
2. What New York hitchhiker does Sal meet in Des Moines?
3. What does Sal think after his date with Rita Bettencourt?
4. How does Sal get the money to get from Denver to San Francisco?
5. Who does Dean move in with after he breaks up with his girlfriend in New York?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)