|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dean want his friends to help him with?
(a) Helping him move.
(b) Teaching him Spanish.
(c) Learning to write.
(d) Finding a job.
2. Which of the flat bed truck riders stays with Sal in Cheyenne?
(a) Roland Major.
(b) Mississippi Gene.
(c) Montana Slim.
(d) Big Slim Hazard.
3. Why does Sal end his ride with the brothers from Minnesota before their final destination?
(a) He is getting car sick.
(b) He meets a woman.
(c) He is determined to see his friends in Denver.
(d) He is bored.
4. How does Dean treat Sal's friends while in Denver?
(a) With great reverence.
(b) As long-time friends.
(c) With great animosity.
(d) As though they do not exist.
5. When does Sal finally decide to go back on the road in Denver?
(a) After the party in Central City.
(b) After an all-night session with Carlo Marx and Dean Moriarty.
(c) After his date with Rita Bettencourt.
(d) After Eddie arrives in Denver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sal think after his date with Rita Bettencourt?
2. What job does Dean find after Sal first meets him in New York?
3. Who is Sal's roommate in Denver?
4. In Des Moines, Sal experiences the distinction of the East of his youth and the West of his __________________. (fill in the blank)
5. Who is the woman traveling with Dean Moriarty when Sal first meets him?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)