|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dean find jobs for in Denver?
(a) Carlo and Eddie.
(b) Roland and Eddie.
(c) Sal and Roland.
(d) Sal and Eddie.
2. Who does Sal see that makes him feel that he is closer to Denver?
(a) Western people.
(c) Denver Broncos football fans.
3. What is Central City?
(a) A town where Sal and his friend's car breaks down.
(b) A town where Sal meets some hobos.
(c) A haven for beat subculture.
(d) An old mining town in the mountains.
4. Who thinks Sal should not travel out West?
(a) Sal's Aunt.
(b) Carlo Marx.
(c) Dean Moriarty.
5. Which three people does Sal meet on the "ride of his life"?
(a) Big Slim Hazard, Alabama Gene, and the blonde boy.
(b) Montana Slim, Mississippi Gene, and the blonde boy.
(c) Montana Slim, Mississippi Gene, and Ed Wall.
(d) Big Slim Hazard, Mississippi Gene, and the blonde boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the two women in Dean's life in Denver?
2. Where was Dean Moriarty living before he was first introduced to Sal Paradise in New York?
3. Where is Sal Paradise living at the beginning of On the Road?
4. Who is Sal's roommate in Denver?
5. Why does Sal end his ride with the brothers from Minnesota before their final destination?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)