|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Sal Paradise living at the beginning of On the Road?
(a) With Carlo Marx in Denver.
(b) With his aunt in New Jersey.
(c) With Roland Major in Denver.
(d) With his brother in Virginia.
2. Which three people does Sal meet on the "ride of his life"?
(a) Big Slim Hazard, Alabama Gene, and the blonde boy.
(b) Montana Slim, Mississippi Gene, and Ed Wall.
(c) Montana Slim, Mississippi Gene, and the blonde boy.
(d) Big Slim Hazard, Mississippi Gene, and the blonde boy.
3. What do Carlo and Dean take to help them stay up all night for their chat sessions?
4. Who does Sal see that makes him feel that he is closer to Denver?
(a) Western people.
(d) Denver Broncos football fans.
5. Who sends letters to Sal and tells him about Dean Moriarty?
(a) Roland Major.
(b) Carlo Marx.
(c) Old Bull Lee.
(d) Chad King.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was born on the road?
2. Which of the flat bed truck riders stays with Sal in Cheyenne?
3. Why doesn't Sal show up for the first day of his job in Denver?
4. What does Sal think after his date with Rita Bettencourt?
5. Why do Sal and his friends leave the party in Central City?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)