|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Sal Paradise living at the beginning of On the Road?
(a) With his brother in Virginia.
(b) With Roland Major in Denver.
(c) With his aunt in New Jersey.
(d) With Carlo Marx in Denver.
2. What New York hitchhiker does Sal meet in Des Moines?
(a) Mississippi Gene .
(c) Big Slim Hazard.
(d) "The Ghost."
3. When does Sal finally decide to go back on the road in Denver?
(a) After Eddie arrives in Denver.
(b) After the party in Central City.
(c) After an all-night session with Carlo Marx and Dean Moriarty.
(d) After his date with Rita Bettencourt.
4. In Des Moines, Sal experiences the distinction of the East of his youth and the West of his __________________. (fill in the blank)
(a) Middle-age crisis.
(b) Golden years.
5. What does Sal learn when he meets up with Chad King in Denver?
(a) That Chad King, Carlo Marx and Dean Moriarty did not want to be friends with Sal.
(b) That Dean and Carlo are no longer friends.
(c) That he and Carlo Marx and Dean Moriarty are no longer friends,
(d) That Dean Moriarty and Carlo Marx had already left for San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the flat bed truck riders stays with Sal in Cheyenne?
2. Where does Dean want to travel before his divorce with Marylou?
3. Who sets Sal up with Rita Bettencourt?
4. Who is Mississippi Gene harboring from the law?
5. Who thinks Sal should not travel out West?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)