|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dean treat Sal's friends while in Denver?
(a) With great reverence.
(b) As long-time friends.
(c) With great animosity.
(d) As though they do not exist.
2. While Sal is witnessing one of Dean and Carlo's all night sessions, he concludes they are __________________________. (fill in the blank)
(a) Amazing maniacs.
(b) Amazing saints.
(c) Cool hipsters.
(d) Genuine beatniks.
3. What is Roland Major's profession?
(a) He is an actor.
(b) He is a musician.
(c) He is an author.
(d) He is a teacher.
4. Where does Dean want to travel before his divorce with Marylou?
(b) San Francisco.
(d) New Orleans.
5. What does Dean inform his friends about at a party where Carlo is reading poetry?
(a) He wants to attend school to become a writer.
(b) He is getting a divorce from Marylou.
(c) He is breaking up with Camille.
(d) He wants to take a trip to Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. What New York hitchhiker does Sal meet in Des Moines?
2. Which three people does Sal meet on the "ride of his life"?
3. Who was born on the road?
4. Which of the flat bed truck riders stays with Sal in Cheyenne?
5. Where do Sal and Eddie receive job offers to work in Iowa?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)