|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the woman traveling with Dean Moriarty when Sal first meets him?
2. Who writes to Sal about the possibility of hopping an ocean liner in San Francisco?
(a) Old Bull Lee.
(b) Dean Moriarty.
(c) Mississippi Gene.
(d) Remi Boncoeur.
3. Where is Sal Paradise living at the beginning of On the Road?
(a) With Roland Major in Denver.
(b) With his brother in Virginia.
(c) With his aunt in New Jersey.
(d) With Carlo Marx in Denver.
4. Who was born on the road?
(a) Dean Moriarty.
(b) Chad King.
(c) Carlo Marx.
(d) Sal Paradise.
5. What job does Dean find after Sal first meets him in New York?
(a) Selling pressure cookers.
(b) A grocery store clerk.
(c) A custodial worker.
(d) A parking lot attendant.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Sal is witnessing one of Dean and Carlo's all night sessions, he concludes they are __________________________. (fill in the blank)
2. How does Dean treat Sal's friends while in Denver?
3. Which of the flat bed truck riders stays with Sal in Cheyenne?
4. Who is Mississippi Gene harboring from the law?
5. Where was Dean Moriarty living before he was first introduced to Sal Paradise in New York?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)