|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Des Moines, Sal experiences the distinction of the East of his youth and the West of his __________________. (fill in the blank)
(c) Golden years.
(d) Middle-age crisis.
2. Which three people does Sal meet on the "ride of his life"?
(a) Montana Slim, Mississippi Gene, and the blonde boy.
(b) Big Slim Hazard, Alabama Gene, and the blonde boy.
(c) Montana Slim, Mississippi Gene, and Ed Wall.
(d) Big Slim Hazard, Mississippi Gene, and the blonde boy.
3. Who writes to Sal about the possibility of hopping an ocean liner in San Francisco?
(a) Mississippi Gene.
(b) Remi Boncoeur.
(c) Old Bull Lee.
(d) Dean Moriarty.
4. Who is Sal's roommate in Denver?
(a) Tim Gray.
(b) Dean Moriarty.
(c) Roland Major.
(d) Carlo Marx.
5. Why does Sal end his ride with the brothers from Minnesota before their final destination?
(a) He is bored.
(b) He is determined to see his friends in Denver.
(c) He is getting car sick.
(d) He meets a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What New York hitchhiker does Sal meet in Des Moines?
2. How does Dean treat Sal's friends while in Denver?
3. Who does Sal introduce to Dean with whom he forms a strong friendship?
4. Which of the flat bed truck riders stays with Sal in Cheyenne?
5. Who are the two women in Dean's life in Denver?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)