|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes to Sal about the possibility of hopping an ocean liner in San Francisco?
(a) Old Bull Lee.
(b) Mississippi Gene.
(c) Remi Boncoeur.
(d) Dean Moriarty.
2. What does Dean inform his friends about at a party where Carlo is reading poetry?
(a) He is getting a divorce from Marylou.
(b) He wants to take a trip to Mexico.
(c) He is breaking up with Camille.
(d) He wants to attend school to become a writer.
3. Who are the two women in Dean's life in Denver?
(a) Marylou and Inez.
(b) Camille and Inez.
(c) Marylou and Camille.
(d) Marylou and Terry.
4. Who does Sal introduce to Dean with whom he forms a strong friendship?
(a) Carlo Marx.
(b) Ed Dunkel.
(c) Chad King.
(d) Remi Boncoeur.
5. Which three people does Sal meet on the "ride of his life"?
(a) Montana Slim, Mississippi Gene, and the blonde boy.
(b) Big Slim Hazard, Mississippi Gene, and the blonde boy.
(c) Montana Slim, Mississippi Gene, and Ed Wall.
(d) Big Slim Hazard, Alabama Gene, and the blonde boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Des Moines, Sal experiences the distinction of the East of his youth and the West of his __________________. (fill in the blank)
2. Where was Dean Moriarty living before he was first introduced to Sal Paradise in New York?
3. In which city does Sal end the "ride of his life'?
4. Who is Mississippi Gene harboring from the law?
5. Who does Sal see that makes him feel that he is closer to Denver?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)