|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Des Moines, Sal experiences the distinction of the East of his youth and the West of his __________________. (fill in the blank)
(b) Middle-age crisis.
(c) Golden years.
2. What do Carlo and Dean take to help them stay up all night for their chat sessions?
3. While Sal is witnessing one of Dean and Carlo's all night sessions, he concludes they are __________________________. (fill in the blank)
(a) Genuine beatniks.
(b) Amazing maniacs.
(c) Amazing saints.
(d) Cool hipsters.
4. What does Dean want his friends to help him with?
(a) Helping him move.
(b) Learning to write.
(c) Teaching him Spanish.
(d) Finding a job.
5. Who is Mississippi Gene harboring from the law?
(a) Montana Slim.
(b) Dean Moriarty.
(c) A young blonde boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes to Sal about the possibility of hopping an ocean liner in San Francisco?
2. Who does Dean move in with after he breaks up with his girlfriend in New York?
3. Who is Sal's roommate in Denver?
4. Where are the two boys from Minnesota headed in their flat bed truck?
5. Who sends letters to Sal and tells him about Dean Moriarty?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)