|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dean find jobs for in Denver?
(a) Sal and Roland.
(b) Carlo and Eddie.
(c) Roland and Eddie.
(d) Sal and Eddie.
2. Why doesn't Sal show up for the first day of his job in Denver?
(a) He overslept.
(b) He met a woman.
(c) He is planning on going on the road again with Dean.
(d) He would rather live off of Roland's generosity.
3. While Sal is witnessing one of Dean and Carlo's all night sessions, he concludes they are __________________________. (fill in the blank)
(a) Genuine beatniks.
(b) Cool hipsters.
(c) Amazing saints.
(d) Amazing maniacs.
4. Where is Sal Paradise living at the beginning of On the Road?
(a) With Carlo Marx in Denver.
(b) With his aunt in New Jersey.
(c) With his brother in Virginia.
(d) With Roland Major in Denver.
5. Which three people does Sal meet on the "ride of his life"?
(a) Big Slim Hazard, Mississippi Gene, and the blonde boy.
(b) Montana Slim, Mississippi Gene, and the blonde boy.
(c) Montana Slim, Mississippi Gene, and Ed Wall.
(d) Big Slim Hazard, Alabama Gene, and the blonde boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sal sleep in Cheyenne?
2. Where do Sal and Eddie receive job offers to work in Iowa?
3. Who does Sal introduce to Dean with whom he forms a strong friendship?
4. Who sends letters to Sal and tells him about Dean Moriarty?
5. Who was born on the road?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)