|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sal see that makes him feel that he is closer to Denver?
(b) Denver Broncos football fans.
(c) Western people.
2. Where does Sal sleep in Cheyenne?
(a) At a train station.
(b) In a park.
(c) At a bus station.
(d) At a motel.
3. How does Dean treat Sal's friends while in Denver?
(a) With great reverence.
(b) With great animosity.
(c) As though they do not exist.
(d) As long-time friends.
4. What does Dean want his friends to help him with?
(a) Teaching him Spanish.
(b) Finding a job.
(c) Learning to write.
(d) Helping him move.
5. Where is Sal Paradise living at the beginning of On the Road?
(a) With Carlo Marx in Denver.
(b) With his brother in Virginia.
(c) With his aunt in New Jersey.
(d) With Roland Major in Denver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which three people does Sal meet on the "ride of his life"?
2. What New York hitchhiker does Sal meet in Des Moines?
3. Who is the woman traveling with Dean Moriarty when Sal first meets him?
4. In Des Moines, Sal experiences the distinction of the East of his youth and the West of his __________________. (fill in the blank)
5. How does Sal feel about the friendship between Dean Moriarty and his friend?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)