|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dean inform his friends about at a party where Carlo is reading poetry?
(a) He is getting a divorce from Marylou.
(b) He wants to attend school to become a writer.
(c) He is breaking up with Camille.
(d) He wants to take a trip to Mexico.
2. Where was Dean Moriarty living before he was first introduced to Sal Paradise in New York?
(a) A commune in San Francisco.
(b) An apartment in New Orleans.
(c) A reformatory in New Mexico.
(d) A hotel in Denver.
3. What is Central City?
(a) A town where Sal meets some hobos.
(b) A haven for beat subculture.
(c) A town where Sal and his friend's car breaks down.
(d) An old mining town in the mountains.
4. Where does Sal go with Babe Rawlins in a mining town outside of Denver?
(a) To a bar.
(b) To an opera.
(c) To an abandoned mine.
(d) To a friend's house.
5. Where is Sal Paradise living at the beginning of On the Road?
(a) With Carlo Marx in Denver.
(b) With Roland Major in Denver.
(c) With his brother in Virginia.
(d) With his aunt in New Jersey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was born on the road?
2. Who writes to Sal about the possibility of hopping an ocean liner in San Francisco?
3. Who does Sal encounter after his date with Rita Bettencourt?
4. Who sets Sal up with Rita Bettencourt?
5. Who is Mississippi Gene harboring from the law?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)