|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sal see that makes him feel that he is closer to Denver?
(a) Western people.
(b) Denver Broncos football fans.
2. Who was born on the road?
(a) Carlo Marx.
(b) Dean Moriarty.
(c) Chad King.
(d) Sal Paradise.
3. What is Roland Major's profession?
(a) He is a musician.
(b) He is an author.
(c) He is an actor.
(d) He is a teacher.
4. Who are the two women in Dean's life in Denver?
(a) Marylou and Inez.
(b) Marylou and Camille.
(c) Marylou and Terry.
(d) Camille and Inez.
5. Where is Sal Paradise living at the beginning of On the Road?
(a) With Roland Major in Denver.
(b) With Carlo Marx in Denver.
(c) With his aunt in New Jersey.
(d) With his brother in Virginia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends letters to Sal and tells him about Dean Moriarty?
2. How does Sal feel about the friendship between Dean Moriarty and his friend?
3. Why doesn't Sal show up for the first day of his job in Denver?
4. Who does Dean find jobs for in Denver?
5. In Des Moines, Sal experiences the distinction of the East of his youth and the West of his __________________. (fill in the blank)
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)