|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 1, 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was born on the road?
(a) Chad King.
(b) Sal Paradise.
(c) Carlo Marx.
(d) Dean Moriarty.
2. Who is Sam Brady?
(a) Sal's friend.
(b) A bar owner.
(c) A hitchhiker.
(d) Dean's cousin.
3. Why do Sal and Dean's travel companions seem leery of Dean on their 1949 trip to Denver?
(a) Because of his erratic behavior.
(b) Because he is intoxicated.
(c) Because he steals gasoline for the car.
(d) Because he insists on sticking his head out of the window.
4. Why does the driver who gives Sal a ride from Harrisburg to New York refuse to give Sal any food?
(a) He is mean.
(b) He thinks fasting is important to one's health.
(c) He does not have any money to buy food.
(d) Because Sal is a stranger.
5. Who thinks Sal should not travel out West?
(a) Dean Moriarty.
(b) Sal's Aunt.
(d) Carlo Marx.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Sal find in Bakersfield?
2. How does Lee Ann feel about Sal staying with her?
3. What does Sal's aunt do in Washington D.C.?
4. What does Sal learn about Dean and Camille after his arrival in San Francisco?
5. What are Sal and Dean's travel companions' reactions when they overhear Sal and Dean's discussing their car dream?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)