|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 1, 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Sal and his friends leave the party in Central City?
(a) It became too boisterous for them.
(b) It was too boring.
(c) Ray Rawlins got into a fight.
(d) They ran out of beer.
2. According to Sal, Dean's soul is wrapped up in ______________________? (fill in the blank)
(a) A fast car, a coast to reach, and a woman at the end of the road.
(b) A fast car, a new kick, and a woman at the end of the road.
(c) A fast car, a coast to reach, and a drink at the end of the road.
(d) A car to steal, a coast to reach, and a woman at the end of the road.
3. What does Sal confess to Dean on their trip to Virginia?
(a) He wants to marry a woman named Lucille.
(b) He wants to take another trip with Dean.
(c) Dean's erratic behavior is wearing on him.
(d) Dean's speeding is making him nervous.
4. What does Old Bull think is a sign from Sal's deceased father?
(a) When they hear a rapping noise in Old Bull's dining room.
(b) When they see a billboard that says, "Post cards from Paradise."
(c) When they hear a stranger yell Sal's father's name on the street.
(d) When Old Pops wins the race at the horsetrack.
5. Who is Galatea?
(a) Dean Moriarty's new girlfriend.
(b) Sal's brother's wife.
(c) Sal's new girlfriend.
(d) Ed Dunkel's new wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Sal and Dean decide to travel in 1949?
2. Why does the driver who gives Sal a ride from Harrisburg to New York refuse to give Sal any food?
3. What does Lucille think about Sal's friends?
4. What job does Dean find after Sal first meets him in New York?
5. Where do Sal and Dean clean up in Chicago?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)