|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 1, 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dean's job in San Francisco?
(a) He is a bartender.
(b) He is a parking lot attendant.
(c) He is a security guard at an army barracks.
(d) He is selling pressure cookers.
2. What is Sal's and Marylou's plan before they arrive in San Francisco?
(a) That they will never see each other again.
(b) That they will visit Marylou's brother in Alcatraz.
(c) That they will abandon Dean.
(d) That Marylou would be Sal's girl.
3. What does Lucille think about Sal's friends?
(a) She does not like them because they are rude to her.
(b) She admires their exuberance and zest for life.
(c) She does not like them for their negative influence on Sal.
(d) She likes them because they are so intellectual.
4. How does Sal get the money to leave San Francisco for the second time?
(a) He pawns his watch.
(b) He sells a manuscript.
(c) He works as a grocery clerk.
(d) Sal's aunt sends him a GI check.
5. What does Sal consider a sign that he and Dean need to leave Denver?
(a) When Sam Brady delivers the news that the family wants no interaction with Dean or his father.
(b) When they see a lunar eclipse.
(c) When they see a white horse on the side of the road.
(d) When their hotel room catches on fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Sal and Marylou stay in San Francisco?
2. What is the best time of day for Old Bull?
3. What does Marylou admit to Sal after they arrive in San Francisco?
4. Where are the two boys from Minnesota headed in their flat bed truck?
5. Who are the two women in Dean's life in Denver?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)