|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 1, 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Sal Paradise living at the beginning of On the Road?
(a) With Carlo Marx in Denver.
(b) With his aunt in New Jersey.
(c) With Roland Major in Denver.
(d) With his brother in Virginia.
2. What does Sal's arrival at Dean and Camille's house signify?
(a) That Dean will be more dutiful.
(b) That Dean will be more nostalgic.
(c) That Dean will be less conscientious.
(d) That Dean will become even crazier.
3. Who is Dean referring to when he tells Sal that "God has arrived"?
(a) The actor, James Dean.
(b) The poet, William Carlos Williams.
(c) A musician, George Shearing.
(d) An author, Edmund McLean.
4. What is Sal and Dean's dream about while driving in a car?
(a) That they drive up a ramp and become airborne.
(b) That they can escape their problems if they drive fast enough.
(c) That they take a giant scythe and chop down trees and mountains.
(d) That the car is a time machine.
5. What event is taking place in Washington D.C. when Sal, Dean, Marylou, and Ed Dunkel are traveling through?
(a) Harry S. Truman's Inauguration Day.
(b) A VJ Day celebration parade.
(c) A protest march.
(d) Dwight D, Eisenhower's Inauguration Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dean inform his friends about at a party where Carlo is reading poetry?
2. What plans do Sal and Stan make during Sal's last trip to Denver?
3. Who is Sam Brady?
4. What does Sal's aunt do in Washington D.C.?
5. In Part 3, what do Sal and Dean's travel companions to Denver want to do in Sacramento?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)