|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 1, 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What New York hitchhiker does Sal meet in Des Moines?
(a) Big Slim Hazard.
(b) Mississippi Gene .
(d) "The Ghost."
2. Who is "The Ghost?"
(a) An old hobo.
(b) Slang for a police officer.
(c) One of Sal's friends.
(d) A drug-induced hallucination.
3. In which city does Sal end the "ride of his life'?
(a) San Francisco.
(d) Los Angeles.
4. According to Sal, Dean's soul is wrapped up in ______________________? (fill in the blank)
(a) A fast car, a new kick, and a woman at the end of the road.
(b) A fast car, a coast to reach, and a woman at the end of the road.
(c) A fast car, a coast to reach, and a drink at the end of the road.
(d) A car to steal, a coast to reach, and a woman at the end of the road.
5. What does Sal do in Part 3, when the other passengers criticize Dean?
(a) He gets angry at them.
(b) He defends Dean.
(c) He ignores them.
(d) He agrees with them and has a talk with Dean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who thinks Sal should not travel out West?
2. What is Sal's relationship with the Mexican woman he met on the bus?
3. Where does Dean learn his father is?
4. Where does Sal travel after his first visit to San Francisco?
5. Where do Sal and Marylou stay in San Francisco?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)