|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 1, 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sal do in Part 3, when the other passengers criticize Dean?
(a) He defends Dean.
(b) He agrees with them and has a talk with Dean.
(c) He gets angry at them.
(d) He ignores them.
2. Who is Dean referring to when he tells Sal that "God has arrived"?
(a) The actor, James Dean.
(b) A musician, George Shearing.
(c) An author, Edmund McLean.
(d) The poet, William Carlos Williams.
3. Who is the mutual friend with Sal Paradise and Mississippi Gene?
(a) Montana Slim.
(b) Remi Boncoeur.
(c) Big Slim Hazard.
(d) Dean Moriarty.
4. How does Sal justify Dean's behavior to Old Bull Lee?
(a) That Old Bull Lee is too snobby.
(b) That Dean is only that way when drunk or on drugs.
(c) That Dean had a rough childhood.
(d) That Dean has a zest for life and is living fully.
5. How does Dean treat Sal's friends while in Denver?
(a) As long-time friends.
(b) With great animosity.
(c) With great reverence.
(d) As though they do not exist.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Dean and Sal get to Denver in Part 3?
2. Where do Sal and Marylou stay in San Francisco?
3. How long has it been since Sal has seen Dean since his first trip to San Francisco?
4. Who does Sal see that makes him feel that he is closer to Denver?
5. How does Sal get the money to leave San Francisco for the second time?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)