|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 1, 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sal's arrival at Dean and Camille's house signify?
(a) That Dean will be less conscientious.
(b) That Dean will become even crazier.
(c) That Dean will be more nostalgic.
(d) That Dean will be more dutiful.
2. How does Sal feel about the friendship between Dean Moriarty and his friend?
(a) He feels left out.
(b) He feels invigorated.
(c) He feels indifferent.
(d) He feels like the center of attention.
3. Who rescues Sal from the hotel in San Francisco?
(a) Roland Major.
(b) Dean Moriarty.
(c) Remi Boncoeur.
4. What does Dean do when he, Sal, and Marylou arrive in San Francisco?
(a) He abandons them without any money to see Camille.
(b) He goes out to hear a jazz musician.
(c) He does not want to stay in San Francisco and travels to Denver.
(d) He has a fight with Sal.
5. Where does Sal sleep in Cheyenne?
(a) In a park.
(b) At a motel.
(c) At a train station.
(d) At a bus station.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes to Sal about the possibility of hopping an ocean liner in San Francisco?
2. While Sal is witnessing one of Dean and Carlo's all night sessions, he concludes they are __________________________. (fill in the blank)
3. How is Rita Bettencourt described?
4. In Des Moines, Sal experiences the distinction of the East of his youth and the West of his __________________. (fill in the blank)
5. Who does Sal encounter after his date with Rita Bettencourt?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)