|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 1, 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Old Bull take Sal in New Orleans?
(a) To Bourbon Street.
(b) To a bayou.
(c) To an abandoned warehouse.
(d) To the racetrack.
2. What are Sal and Dean's travel companions' reactions when it is Dean's turn to take the wheel of the vehicle?
(a) They are enthusiastic.
(b) They are bored.
(c) They are terrified.
(d) They are annoyed.
3. How is Sal able to travel from Denver to San Francisco in the spring of 1949?
(a) From the money he earns as a laborer.
(b) A rich woman gives him one hundred dollars.
(c) From winnings at the horse racetrack.
(d) He finds some money on the street.
4. Who is "The Ghost?"
(a) One of Sal's friends.
(b) A drug-induced hallucination.
(c) Slang for a police officer.
(d) An old hobo.
5. What happens in Washington D.C. on the return trip from Virginia?
(a) Dean receives a speeding ticket.
(b) Dean and Marylou have a fight.
(c) They catch a glimpse of the President.
(d) The car goes off the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plans do Sal and Stan make during Sal's last trip to Denver?
2. What happens in a restaurant in Denver when Sal and Dean are en route to New York?
3. What is Sal's and Marylou's plan before they arrive in San Francisco?
4. How does Sal justify Dean's behavior to Old Bull Lee?
5. Why is Sal's friend ejected from the upscale restaurant in San Francisco?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)