|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sal sleep in Cheyenne?
(a) At a bus station.
(b) At a train station.
(c) At a motel.
(d) In a park.
2. Who does Sal introduce to Dean with whom he forms a strong friendship?
(a) Ed Dunkel.
(b) Carlo Marx.
(c) Remi Boncoeur.
(d) Chad King.
3. What does Dean want his friends to help him with?
(a) Learning to write.
(b) Teaching him Spanish.
(c) Helping him move.
(d) Finding a job.
4. What job does Dean find after Sal first meets him in New York?
(a) A custodial worker.
(b) A grocery store clerk.
(c) Selling pressure cookers.
(d) A parking lot attendant.
5. What does Dean inform his friends about at a party where Carlo is reading poetry?
(a) He wants to attend school to become a writer.
(b) He is breaking up with Camille.
(c) He wants to take a trip to Mexico.
(d) He is getting a divorce from Marylou.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sal get from Denver to San Francisco?
2. What job does Remi Boncoeur find for Sal in San Francisco?
3. What does Sal think about his first visit to Denver?
4. Who arrives in Denver while Sal is staying there?
5. Where was Dean Moriarty living before he was first introduced to Sal Paradise in New York?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)