|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dean want his friends to help him with?
(a) Helping him move.
(b) Finding a job.
(c) Teaching him Spanish.
(d) Learning to write.
2. What is Central City?
(a) A town where Sal meets some hobos.
(b) A haven for beat subculture.
(c) A town where Sal and his friend's car breaks down.
(d) An old mining town in the mountains.
3. Why does Sal end his ride with the brothers from Minnesota before their final destination?
(a) He meets a woman.
(b) He is bored.
(c) He is determined to see his friends in Denver.
(d) He is getting car sick.
4. In Des Moines, Sal experiences the distinction of the East of his youth and the West of his __________________. (fill in the blank)
(b) Middle-age crisis.
(c) Golden years.
5. Who arrives in Denver while Sal is staying there?
(b) Remi Boncoeur.
(c) Mississippi Gene.
(d) Old Bull Lee.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sal get the money to get from Denver to San Francisco?
2. Who does Dean move in with after he breaks up with his girlfriend in New York?
3. Which of the flat bed truck riders stays with Sal in Cheyenne?
4. What does Lee Ann do after Remi loses their money at the horse races?
5. Who does Sal encounter after his date with Rita Bettencourt?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)