|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sal's roommate in Denver?
(a) Roland Major.
(b) Tim Gray.
(c) Carlo Marx.
(d) Dean Moriarty.
2. Who does Dean find jobs for in Denver?
(a) Roland and Eddie.
(b) Carlo and Eddie.
(c) Sal and Eddie.
(d) Sal and Roland.
3. How does Dean treat Sal's friends while in Denver?
(a) As long-time friends.
(b) With great reverence.
(c) As though they do not exist.
(d) With great animosity.
4. What favor does Remi ask of Lee Ann in San Francisco?
(a) To reconsider her decision.
(b) To let him stay until he can find an apartment.
(c) To return his favorite shirt.
(d) To accompany him to dinner when his stepfather comes to town.
5. Why do Sal and his friends leave the party in Central City?
(a) Ray Rawlins got into a fight.
(b) It was too boring.
(c) They ran out of beer.
(d) It became too boisterous for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which three people does Sal meet on the "ride of his life"?
2. Why does Sal end his ride with the brothers from Minnesota before their final destination?
3. In Des Moines, Sal experiences the distinction of the East of his youth and the West of his __________________. (fill in the blank)
4. Who was born on the road?
5. Where does Sal sleep in Cheyenne?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)