|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Rita Bettencourt described?
(a) As an intellectual with rapier-like wit.
(b) As a lively party girl.
(c) As an outspoken woman who advocates for the oppressed.
(d) As a shy girl without much ambition.
2. Where are the two boys from Minnesota headed in their flat bed truck?
(a) To San Antonio.
(b) To Denver.
(c) To Los Angeles.
(d) To Cheyenne.
3. Where does Dean want to travel before his divorce with Marylou?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) New Orleans.
4. What does Dean inform his friends about at a party where Carlo is reading poetry?
(a) He wants to take a trip to Mexico.
(b) He is breaking up with Camille.
(c) He is getting a divorce from Marylou.
(d) He wants to attend school to become a writer.
5. Who does Sal encounter after his date with Rita Bettencourt?
(a) Some hobos.
(b) Some Okies.
(d) Carlo Marx.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Central City?
2. What does Dean want his friends to help him with?
3. How does Lee Ann feel about Sal staying with her?
4. What New York hitchhiker does Sal meet in Des Moines?
5. What job does Remi Boncoeur find for Sal in San Francisco?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)